* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#7861 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:31 AM

For being so active the day before it releases, I was hoping for a brief summary of what Seven did today. So is TTK worth it so far? Story wise and longevity of the new content?  

Think he passed out from all the "AMAZING"

#7862 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:08 AM

Man the daily being 41 seems like BS. We got destroyed by those guys in no time. Also what are people saying about not being able to get as many marks from strikes and what not? Didn't they say we could get as many as we played for? 

#7863 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Just a friendly FYI, but you can only order 1 of the purple Arms day items from the Gunsmith. I have him ranked to level 1, I'm hoping that goes up w/ increased levels.

#7864 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Do you still get 6 marks for a crucible win, and 4 for a loss?

Doesn't seem that way. I only got the guaranteed 15 legendary marks yesterday for playing the crucible mode of the day, Rift.

#7865 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13729 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

I thought that Last Word quest would be tough. You basically have to get kills/streaks with TLW equipped in crucible. I'm terrible with that gun, so I though I'd suck. But then I just got 64% in my first game, so I'm off to a good start.

#7866 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

I thought that Last Word quest would be tough. You basically have to get kills/streaks with TLW equipped in crucible. I'm terrible with that gun, so I though I'd suck. But then I just got 64% in my first game, so I'm off to a good start.

Fuck off!

17% after 2 matches. I, sir, suck with that gun. Of course using it in Rift yesterday just seemed like a bad idea.

randoms:

"Fingertips in my brain" (or whatever Eris' stupid quote is) is my new prog-rock band name.

WHERE MY HAMMER BROS AT!

(or my Greased Lightning's)

(or my Hawkguy's. Because that Super is sad. and forgettable. like Hawkeye.)

#7867 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Joke from my 5 year old daughter:

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" 

"To find the Hunter and Warlock."

Sick Titan burn, kid.

#7868 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

Noticed that Destiny Taken King was $35 TIV this morning at BB. Went home, grabbed my car and off to BB right away and heck yeah $38 back into my pocket. I payed $51 for my copy, using a $48 gift card i got for trading GTA 5 last week and some change  :D/ .

Just looked again and the TIV is now down to $0.25 thank god I didn't wait   :beer:

#7869 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Got my last 2 toons up to 40 and unlocked their respective sub-class.  Also have all 3 right around 200 light; had the best RNG-ness on my warlock (210 light).

One of my purple drops was a Sublime engram, which my friend said is the best kind to get.  So I guess that's a new thing.

Oh, our fireteam also got the Taken public events, while on patrol.  And they were actually kinda challenging (we got one with a mini-me crota).  BTW, those taken Captains are bigger Dickensteins than the regular captains; get the Fuck out of here with that vortex attack :bomb:

We also did a few VIP kills and they weren't pushovers either.  Caught me by surprise when I went to do the first one.  They were all recommended level 40/light 220, which makes me wonder how tough they'll be once we reach max levels

#7870 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

Got my last 2 toons up to 40 and unlocked their respective sub-class.  Also have all 3 right around 200 light; had the best RNG-ness on my warlock (210 light).

One of my purple drops was a Sublime engram, which my friend said is the best kind to get.  So I guess that's a new thing.

Oh, our fireteam also got the Taken public events, while on patrol.  And they were actually kinda challenging (we got one with a mini-me crota).  BTW, those taken Captains are bigger Dickensteins than the regular captains; get the Fuck out of here with that vortex attack :bomb:

We also did a few VIP kills and they weren't pushovers either.  Caught me by surprise when I went to do the first one.  They were all recommended level 40/light 220, which makes me wonder how tough they'll be once we reach max levels

Man I'm still only on my Titan and manage to get him to 210 somehow, I did get a legendary chest for my Hunter of course. So does anyone think Xur will actually bring something new this week? I feel he will bring only year one stuff  :spam: 

#7871 ThePriceIsRight   Kupo b*tch!! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

ThePriceIsRight

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Yup you should be good to go. It seems all you download at this point is an "unlock key" that does take a few minutes to get passed the preparing to download phase. Once it gets past that it's instantly done.

A few minutes my @ss! Preparing to download took me at least 15mins with the actual DL taking less than a min. Im guessing its "scanning" the data already installed to determine what you need to DL, but 15mins?! Stupid PS4 -_-. The same thing happened with Witcher 3, but MGS5 patch DL instantly...weird.

#7872 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:54 PM

Man I'm still only on my Titan and manage to get him to 210 somehow, I did get a legendary chest for my Hunter of course. So does anyone think Xur will actually bring something new this week? I feel he will bring only year one stuff  :spam: 

Yeah, the xp boost and my bounties really helped a lot.  Still need to play the story past the dreadnaught. , which I want to do tonight

And you know Xur will have all new stuff... how else is he gonna troll the NON-TTK players ;)

#7873 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13729 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:38 PM

Strikes are pretty cool now. When you kill the boss, you just see a bunch of engrams drop.

Finished that last word part of the quest. First match I got to 64% and then it took me like 5 more to get the rest. I was averaging a 2+ kd each time. Then the next part makes you buy something from the cryptarch for 15000 glimmer. What a dick that cryptarch is.

#7874 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:41 PM

Strikes are pretty cool now. When you kill the boss, you just see a bunch of engrams drop.

Finished that last word part of the quest. First match I got to 64% and then it took me like 5 more to get the rest. I was averaging a 2+ kd each time. Then the next part makes you buy something from the cryptarch for 15000 glimmer. What a dick that cryptarch is.

Yeah I like the piñata bosses. Played the strike against the two brothers and man was that a blast. 

#7875 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13729 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

The Sunless Cell strike is super awesome at the end. I also like that bosses don't feel as bulletspongey as they used to.

#7876 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

anyone have an extra redbull code, can they still be used?

#7877 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:33 AM

getting cattle error :(

#7878 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

Is anyone else having issues signing into Destiny? I can do anything else, but log into the freaking game

#7879 jhill9056   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jhill9056

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

You must have had a helluva game to get 64% in one match. I had a 16-1 game and only went up 22%. The death penalty on that quest seems way too high. You basically have to average a 2.0+ to make any progress and that's something that a lot of people are never going to be able to do legitimately.

#7880 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13729 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

You must have had a helluva game to get 64% in one match. I had a 16-1 game and only went up 22%. The death penalty on that quest seems way too high. You basically have to average a 2.0+ to make any progress and that's something that a lot of people are never going to be able to do legitimately.

This was the game I had 64% in:

http://destinytracke...m/dg/3501326462

Not sure why it says Rumble, but it was a Control game.

#7881 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13729 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

Holy shit. If you haven't played the Paradox mission as part of the Taken War: Venus quest, stop what you're doing and go do it. So awesome.

#7882 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yeah how they calculate the % is stupid, I went to 60% in 3 matches (2 controls, 1 clash) on Tuesday night, but yesterday after 4 matches of control and ending with an average of 1.4k/d I went down to 28! Two matches with 2+ k/d put me back at 63% though... I just hope to finish it today.

#7883 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

Holy shit. If you haven't played the Paradox mission as part of the Taken War: Venus quest, stop what you're doing and go do it. So awesome.

That one was tough to do solo, but I managed. Langdon jumped in to help with the very last part and we got our legendary marks.

#7884 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

Man how are some of you guys at 280? I keep getting nothing from the Dicktard, but my friends got 2nd year armors out of their engrams last night  :wall: 

#7885 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

Man how are some of you guys at 280? I keep getting nothing from the Dicktard, but my friends got 2nd year armors out of their engrams last night :wall:

play some crucible they are consistently rewarding legendary armor engrams, also make sure that you are at the highest light level that you can be at the moment of opening the engrams because the light level of your gear/weapons will be higher or lower depending on your current light level.

#7886 Motiv  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:51 PM

There's so much to do in TTK that I actually feel a little overwhelmed with Destiny for the first time since it launched. Which is a good thing and it's awesome... I think.  :beer:

#7887 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Finished the story on my Hunter and my plan was to jump into strikes for better loot.  Of course, I got side-tracked by news of a new loot cave and infinite loot-chest so I gave that a go for a while.

Loot cave never really panned out for me and the infinite-loot chest was also sketchy.  I did get enough flakes for Shaxx's sword though.

But all that work and I barely scratched 231 light.  Really hope the continuous strikes buff comes through with good gear. 

#7888 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Got a legendary scout rifle from leveling Gunsmith to level 2.

The same Scout Rifle that I just ordered for Arms Day.   :wall:

#7889 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

Raid starts at 10am PST tomorrow, if you didn't know ;)

#7890 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:02 PM

Where is this new loot cave?