* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#8161 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2727 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

Today I did the weekly crucible bounties. They don't take that long. Most time consuming one is win 7 games. Although I did get on a lot of really shitty teams for elimination. The other team would have master snipers who could hit you with a headshot from across the map, around six walls, behind five bushes, underneath a platform, and just because they heard you breathe from that far away. My teammates would rush them, in the same lanes every time, maybe kill one and die when the other two took them down. Every single time. I quit every game I started where either of my teammates ran off on their own. If you want to be fucking Rambo, go play rumble.

But anyway, I got a 310 Invective for completing the bounties. That was pretty cool, but I don't use Invective and I already had two so I infused it into my raid sniper to bring that up to 310.

I got a blue engram that turned to nothing

#8162 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

Another raid clear, another 20 shards and another class item. At least this time I received an antiquated rune as well as the class item. I've yet to receive any item over 308.

#8163 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

Thanks to nixmahn, I was able to complete several crucible questline steps as well as a few other things I was working on. Nix also imparted a few very useful tidbits of information and strategy. I appreciate the help!

#8164 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

Damn this raid and it's glitches :bomb:

We can cruise through the whole thing like no big thing.  Once we get to Oryx though, the damn fight bugs out.  This time we had problems where our runner couldn't pick up the spark/light.  He'd be standing right on top of it but it wouldn't let him pick it up.

Later, the game decides to randomly  choose one of us as the guardian torn between dimensions(or whatever it's called)... you know, the game mechanic during the deathsinger fight, only we're fighting Oryx. :bs:  :bs:  Fuck 'n :bs:

And still no raid ghost [-(

#8165 Revanchist   Revan CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

First time doing and got up to Oryx but sadly we couldn't down him. Got really close, as in we couldn't even see a yellow bar below his name, and somehow we all wiped. Then people began to leave and no one could find any replacements. I got a cloak and 4 moldering shards so far :(

Daughters was the easiest fight out of all of them and we downed golgoroth on our first try. Damn Oryx.

#8166 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13730 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

When you get to that point Rev, he's going to spawn in the middle where he originally shows up with his chest open and you all just have to fire everything you have at him like you're trying to stagger him again.

#8167 jhill9056   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jhill9056

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

Every time I start to think I'm too obsessed with this game I go on Reddit and the truly obsessed people on there make me feel better about myself. I can't believe how much time some people are spending trying to figure out the secret room in the raid that got discovered the other day.

#8168 ArJay2k8   Heyoooo!! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ArJay2k8

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Go on...

#8169 Azazael13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

Doing the Chaperone quest was much easier in Mayhem.  I really wish that was a permanent game mode.

#8170 blume3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:08 PM

Just bought taken king, so I'm pretty far behind. looking for people to run the daily/weekly stuff and raids if you want to add me psn is blume3, just put cag or destiny in the message so i know it's not a random.

#8171 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:17 AM

My weekly crucible "nightfall tier" reward... A 280 sparespare change with shitty perks! It goes well with my 12 coins from the nightfall.

#8172 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13730 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:14 AM

That's three legendary marks!

#8173 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:56 AM

12 Strange Coins > 3 Legendary Marks.

#8174 J-Squared77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

J-Squared77

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:41 AM

First time doing and got up to Oryx but sadly we couldn't down him. Got really close, as in we couldn't even see a yellow bar below his name, and somehow we all wiped. Then people began to leave and no one could find any replacements. I got a cloak and 4 moldering shards so far :(

Daughters was the easiest fight out of all of them and we downed golgoroth on our first try. Damn Oryx.

Man that sucks. It was my first time this weekend. Luckily me and my friend found a really good group on LFG. One dude in particular was like an expert and really helpful. Beat every boss on first or second try. We made it to Oryx in about 1.5 hours. Then we were stuck on him for about 3. Only because people were getting tired and making careless mistakes. After every wipe I though for sure somebody was going to leave (it was about 5AM for some). But we stuck it out. Got a raid chest piece, pulse rifle and rocket launcher. Can't wait to do it again not that I actually know the ropes.

EDIT: I have heard you guys mention a PSN thread, but does this thread have it's own community yet?

#8175 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:43 AM

We have a PSN group for our clan, Dance Guardian Dance. Both the clan and the group are run by The 7th Number.

#8176 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

Yeah all the new people should probably go through the thread and add people on PSN and put CAG so we know you are not just creepers like Matt "I like em" Young....also changing your PSN or CAG name in the forum to match helps a lot...It seems like most of the game planning and stuff has moved to PSN messages.

edit: Matt is not an actual creeper (as far as I know).

#8177 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

Made a sword video showing off the different moves each sword has, mainly for my nephew, but thought i would share it here anyway.

#8178 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

Hawt...I should finish the exotic sward and that scout rifle shard thingy instead of leveling up my titan...but I want to throw flaming hammers. Its too fun.

#8179 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:11 PM

I just got to the "Collect materials on Mars" portion of the Exotic Sword quest. Mayhem helped me get the Crucible kills, just because of the frequency of the Heavy drops.

#8180 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Made a sword video showing off the different moves each sword has, mainly for my nephew, but thought i would share it here anyway.

Wow, not gonna lie, but while everyone tells me the Solar was the one to go with, the Arc one looks freaking sick

#8181 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

For those who Raid.

#8182 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

Shaxx bounties yielded a Spare.Change with Glass Half full and another perk of no consequence.

Totally worth the week plus of grinding to get those unlocked, but I guess I'll be ready for reset tomorrow.

For those who Raid.

Some people don't? Those must be the folks who bitch and moan everytime theres a post in the main deals forum about the game.

Losers. 8-)

Thanks for linking that video, it was a good watch.

For those who want a tl;dr = Shadow Shot (hunter) + Melting Point (titan) DO NOT STACK. Weapons of Light + everything else does.

#8183 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:05 AM

Finished up my Touch of Malice quest over the weekend and can I say... that gun is perfect for the daughters fight.

Don't know that I'd use it elsewhere in the raid though( aside from just mixing things up a bit); the raid weapons do have a good perks for fighting the taken.  Would love to try a full fireteam of ToM's against Atheon though.

Also wrapped up my exotic sword quest, so I should have that waiting for me on this next armsday. I went with the Zelda spin-attack model.  Too bad I did that on my hunter=NoFunGettingVoidKills.  Now to start the sword quest on another toon and transfer it over.  Solar and Arc kills should go much faster than the void kills.

Otherwise it was just helping and getting helped with a bunch of different quests.

#8184 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

Yeah just finished the void ability kills on my hunter man was that a pain! Been working on my solar one now and then arc gonna be a fun armsday this week haha

#8185 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13730 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

You should absolutely be using ToM during Oryx. If you have 2-3 people in your group with it, you're getting unlimited shots on him to stagger him and then do bonus damage after your orbs go off. That final shot does extra damage and fire rate is super fast, so while you're invincible in the aura, few things are going to do more pure DPS than that thing.

#8186 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13730 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:50 AM

Tess is coming back next week and bringing microtransactions with her. New emotes though!

#8187 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

Tess is coming back next week and bringing microtransactions with her. New emotes though!

I want to unlike this post. I want to unlike it so hard.

I unlike your post very hard.

#8188 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

Titan>Void Sword Quest=  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

An hour of tooling around Mars got me 2. 2! of those fragments I need.

#8189 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Haha I did solar first cause it looks coolest luckily its on my hunter...the other ones are not FLAMING.

I'm still on the crucible part because I tend to only crucible with a team and didn't play much the last few days. 

#8190 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13730 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

Those material quests suuuuck.