Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

dmaul1114

Banned
Figured it was time to get an OT going for Destiny since some will be getting in the Alpha this week and Beta on July 17th on PS4.

This is easily my most anticipated game of the year. I loved Borderlands 2 but it left me yearning for something similar, but more serious/epic in tone and without cel shaded graphics.

Here's a 7 minute gameplay video from E3 with developer commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIxxsw7TNd4

hoping to come home tonight to an alpha code the customization for this game is awesome:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zHj8b3pFU[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the email too!

I may be able to play a little tonight , but definitely will get a good chunk of time into it tomorrow afternoon as night at the fiancé had to work late.

Downloading now. Pretty excited for this as it and No Man's Sky were really the only two games from the e3 conference that made me super excited.

Got my code as well. This is one of my most anticipated games of the year. Not so much for the competitive multilayer but actually for the single player and the open world co-op.

If anyone wants to play add me on PSN.

PSN ID: QuantamPulse

Just finished playing for the night. Color me impressed. I I did not expect to much from the alpha but I was blown away. Customization is awesome and the whole thing is gorgeous.

I liked the armor customization and weapons. I liked that they actually visually changed when you equip them. Still not sure what those blue shards are for.

Ok.... After getting into the town and running around the future city in 3rd person mode.... I would love to have a full on space RPG from these guys.

I have a feeling this will sell plenty of copies, especially on PS4 ;)   

I maxed out my Warlock, i think Warlock is the best class.

Never really been much of a Halo guy but this was on my radar although nothing I was super excited for... I scored a E3 VIP code and gave it a shot last night and wow I am impressed. Dropped 4+ hrs exploring and doing PvP this is now my most hyped shooter of the year.

Maxed my Titan class and no doubt will max all types this weekend. That ground strike is crazy strong.

Played for about an hour. VERY similar to halo 3, which I poured 400-500 hours into before my 360 died for the 3rd (and final) time. Wasn't too sure about this, but probably going to pick this up now. I would like a new shooter this Fall.

Its basically Halo with other people. The sniper rifle I got and used had an aiming reticle almost straight out of Halo it felt like.

Played for a few hours, its not bad so far.

Even just the alpha has confirmed that this will be a day one pickup for me on PS4. With most of the exclusive not coming out until next year, I could see this game taking up the majority of my gaming hours for the holiday season.

The only game I could see competing for my time personally would be DA: Inquisition. At this point though, I am not sure how much I have left in that franchise. 

I only got an hour or so in last night, but I'm loving it so far. Looks great and plays just like the combo of Halo and Borderlands I'm was hoping for.

I'm playing as a Hunter currently. Hope to try all the classes this weekend and find the one I like best. I should be able to play all afternoon/evening today.

This game sounds right down my alley (Halo+Borderlands).

Will there be clan support? If so, maybe we should consider creating a CAG clan. Alternatively, we can create a CAG group (swap PSN IDs).

It has fire teams based on missions usually 1-3 for most with the strikes having up to 8. Pvp has 6v6 only option right now is control point.

What is max level I see there are items for lvl 20 so if people are lvl 20 after 4 hrs I am in shock.

It has fire teams based on missions usually 1-3 for most with the strikes having up to 8. Pvp has 6v6 only option right now is control point.

What is max level I see there are items for lvl 20 so if people are lvl 20 after 4 hrs I am in shock.
I think 7 is the highest I saw while playing.

8 is level cap in alpha and of course all my rarez are 10-11. Also PvP interceptor = rape, get there first and hang on.

What's everyone stats maxed at on your level 8's? Mines at 103 defense and my gun is 106 uncommon Galahad-c rifle

So really wanted to play this Alpha but the codes have been selling well on eBay...sold mine for $27! That's about half the price after fees for my copy of the game with GCU.

I didn't know about the Alpha or how to get one. From the action I've seen, it looks amazing and the gameplay is frantic and heart-pounding. I'm kicking myself. Destiny is going to kick major butt this fall.

So really wanted to play this Alpha but the codes have been selling well on eBay...sold mine for $27! That's about half the price after fees for my copy of the game with GCU.
Im not sure how this is relevant to the discussion but okay. I swear some cags can never miss an opportunity to brag. :roll:

I didn't know about the Alpha or how to get one. From the action I've seen, it looks amazing and the gameplay is frantic and heart-pounding. I'm kicking myself. Destiny is going to kick major butt this fall.
Yeah, the feedback and vids from the those playing the alpha have been amazing. Im back on the hype train lol

I put in a fair amount of time yesterday on this and some this morning. I'll go ahead and give my thoughts on it.

+ Looks great. Particularly the lighting as I've been extensively through most of the areas if not all. A couple are pretty good atmosphere wise as creepy and I wasn't expecting stuff to detach from the ceiling and fall.

+ Controls are good

+ Unlock upgrades by actually using the ability/item. This goes for both abilities (Different grenades, how an ability works/functions, etc) and weapons (Increase damage & different sights as far as I could tell).

+ PvP feels fairly solid, but it will take some getting used to with abilities and what not. I like how you can only use weapons you have equipped and can swap them out at any time. Of course this removes all ammo for that weapon unless it's your primary.

+ Grouping system works well, which should be expected. I can join a friends party and warp to them and then if their friend gets on, we can merge our group into his or jump the group to him. Works pretty flawlessly from the bit I've experienced it.

+ Everybody can loot a chest found in a party so long as they open it (Square) before it de-spawns from the first person opening it.

+ Decent amount of stuff to find through the world, which seems to have its own score (Grimoire Points) attached to it.

~ The way PvP ammo works is a bit weird. Prevents the abuse of heavy weapons, which is good but I feel like heavy ammo should appear a little more often. Though I suppose I should view the ammo like a vehicle to where if I'm too slow to reach it, too bad.

~ Buying encrypted equipment seems to always be at least 2 levels above you in the alpha. This is very annoying when you're level 8 and you're trying to get a green item in a slot but it's always level 10 to 12. More of an alpha complaint since I'm capped.

- Missions in the open world take me too far too frequently. Example: I start with a new character and grab the one 50 meters from the starting point and it tells me to go over to a level 8 area (as a level 4) that is a decent amount away. Then the next one I take from that area tells me to go back to the starting area. It gets annoying traveling back and forth. However if you're in a group, this usually isn't as bad if you split up.

- Bosses have way too much health in the alpha strike (except for the first of the three really, who dies pretty quickly). On top of that they summon a lot of adds (at least the final boss does) that make it annoying to where one slip up by the entire group and you have to start the entire encounter over. I would rather see about half their health and add a few moves to their move set.

Played for about an hour. VERY similar to halo 3, which I poured 400-500 hours into before my 360 died for the 3rd (and final) time. Wasn't too sure about this, but probably going to pick this up now. I would like a new shooter this Fall.
Now I can teabag you like old times.

Check your email, i got a code and i dont recall doing anything. Email showed up at 3:08 pacific

Check your email, i got a code and i dont recall doing anything. Email showed up at 3:08 pacific
I didn't do anything either. I just got an alpha notification on my ps4 a little while ago. Honestly didn't even know they were giving out alphas. Not really interested, but I'll give it a try. My nephew is thrilled though.

I just got a code sent to me by Amazon of all places (about 20 minutes ago). I don't even have Destiny preordered or anything. Well, actually, we have the X1 version preordered at the Microsoft Store.

My son wanted to try it out though so that's cool.

I got a second code from Amazon, so if anyone still needs one, PM me and it's yours.

Edit -- gone

I played a bunch yesterday. Got my hunter character to level 8 did the story mission, strike mission, a bunch of quests in the free roam area and played one round of MP. Started up a Titan character and a warlock too to check those out. Titan I just did the story mission. Warlock I did that and several missions in the free roam area.

Hunter is my favorite class, followed by warlock. I got another alpha code from Amazon and sent it to my friend who didn't get one from Bungie. Hoping to play with him some over the weekend.

I love the game. Just what I was expecting from a Halo/Borderlands mash up. I love that there's no voice chat with randoms unless you add them to your fireteam as annoying people was my biggest worry with the game.

my ps3 playing died off years ago and so did my friends list (I probably still have some of you guys on there from way back). Anyway, Ill be playing a lot, if anybody would like to add some friends id love to have some ps4 folks to play with.

edit- ppowers

bread's done
Back