* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#61 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Same thing for me, but I got mine last night I think. Did you buy your PS4 from Amazon? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause them to have sent it to me. I have ordered no PS4 games or accessories from them.

I did not get my PS4 from Amazon - I got it from Gamestop. I got my X1 from Amazon though. I did have a PS4 preordered for a long time though until I finally cancelled it a few weeks before launch and decided to get it at GS instead. I have bought a lot of PS3 games from Amazon in the past though. But probably it has more to do with my having preordered even though I cancelled it.

Anyway - I played the game late last night and had some fun with it. Yeah, it is definitely Halo meets Borderlands. I like Borderlands and am meh on Halo, but I liked the coop aspects.

Strange, though, when I was in the tower last night I had tons of people around me. My son is playing now and it is empty when he goes to the tower, yet he does see people on the ground when he's doing missions (coop). Neither of us has tried PvP yet (and I probably never will). I'm PS+ and he is not - but I would think he wouldn't see people in coop then either.

Anyway, it sucks this all ends at midnight tomorrow. I won't have that much more time to play.

#62 htz  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Strange, though, when I was in the tower last night I had tons of people around me. My son is playing now and it is empty when he goes to the tower, yet he does see people on the ground when he's doing missions (coop). Neither of us has tried PvP yet (and I probably never will). I'm PS+ and he is not - but I would think he wouldn't see people in coop then either.

The story and free roam works like Journey which does not require PS+. PS+ is required for competitive and co-op.

#63 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

My son did some mission that said it required PS+ but then let him do it anyway. I dunno...

In any case, I can definitely confirm that if you had simply preordered a PS4 at Amazon (even if you cancelled it later) you got a code. I just remembered that we also preordered one on my wife's account when they first opened up preorders during E3 a year ago. We cancelled that one too and I just checked her email and sure enough she also had a code.

Here you go: 5MQT-MANN-4QKH

Whoever claims it please post so others know it is taken.

#64 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

Here you go: 5MQT-MANN-4QKH

Whoever claims it please post so others know it is taken.

Thank you, sent it to my friend who redeemed it. :)

#65 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

I thought PS+ could be shared on the same PS4? My son played this and it worked fine and there were others playing. I have PS+, but not his account.

#66 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

The thing that I love about the alpha so far ... I keep thinking I have explored the whole map but keep finding new buildings, caves, areas, etc. granted most of them are actually too high level to actually do anything but it still neat. Finally found the area where the E3 gameplay video from last year took place. Was sad though that it was totally empty with nothing around.

#67 m3talst0rm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Remote play on the vita is nice. Took me a little bit to figure out that r2 and l2 are on the touch screen corners and track pad press is bottom center touch screen. Really didn't think it would be implemented with the alpha but it's a nice surprise.

#68 supershannon77   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

supershannon77

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:33 AM

I'm not sure why but amazon sent me a code. I'm loving it can't wait for the full game!!!

#69 jedi0077   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

I really like what I'm seeing up to lvl 5. It kinda feels like a normal FPS then you see another player fighting the same thing you were and help them. And the MMO fan in me starts getting excited. I may buy this now. Is it going to have a subscription?

#70 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

I really like what I'm seeing up to lvl 5. It kinda feels like a normal FPS then you see another player fighting the same thing you were and help them. And the MMO fan in me starts getting excited. I may buy this now. Is it going to have a subscription?

Nope. I mean online at for the PS4 required PS+ but otherwise you can just buy the game...

#71 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

Yeah this was totally not on my radar but then I snagged a code and it's pretty awesome. Probably pre-ordering.

#72 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

Any one else getting connection issues ? Haven't had any problems since the start but have now been disconnected 4 times in the last 20 minutes.

#73 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

Odd, I got a PS4 at launch from Amazon (preordered) and I didnt get an Alpha code from them.  Got one from the sign-ups earlier this week though.  

#74 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

So I think I have seen and done everything on this game now (beat the strike on Normal-Legend)  and got all of the bounties done with my Warlock. This game is going to be insane when it is released if it is anywhere near the same after the alpha. Hoping (doubtful though) we can keep our character from Alpha to Beta 

Warlock
Defense: 135
Primary :95
Secondary 95
Heavy: 130 

Not feeling the PVP part (never really liked control and  you get shit for points for holding a point) but Story and the Strikes are phenomenal. 

#75 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Just finished the Strike - man that took forever. The tank and the eyeball thing just took a beating. Combined me and the other 2 guys died like 40 times (I was in the middle of deaths and kills, so it wasn't all my fault ;)).

Is that all there is? Granted, that's a pretty nice amount for an Alpha and it all ran great. But I just want to be sure I've seen everything. So I did a bunch of random missions and public events on Earth, and I did the strike. I'm not going to bother with the crucible (PvP I assume) part.

I also noticed that just now in the Tower there are no other players. I thought it had something to do with my son not having PS+ but just like him earlier today I had people in the coop parts, but no one in the Tower. When I was in the Tower last night it was full of people.

#76 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hoping (doubtful though) we can keep our character from Alpha to Beta 

They already said no on that.

#77 io   ... Super Moderators   24873 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, my son liked the game but he stopped playing after Saturday afternoon because he said what's the point. Even if they let you keep your character, he wants it on the Xbox One so he didn't want to put any more time into it on PS4.

#78 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

Good lord, Peter Dinklage is terrible in this. His voice puts me to sleep, the English announcer in PVP is just as bad too. Other then that, I really loved what I played so far. I played the strike mission with some randoms and that tank thing kicked our ass pretty good but we managed to beat it after several tries. The eyeball was easier IMO. PVP is also pretty fun. I like how your guns and gear carry over, 6v6 is a letdown though.

#79 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

My friends and I were farming Strike on Legend for a bit. :)  It doesn't take that much longer than Brave as long as your geared properly. Average seems to be around 28-32mins give or take on our runs. Wish I could use the blue rares I've gotten.  :-P

#80 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Is that all there is? Granted, that's a pretty nice amount for an Alpha and it all ran great. But I just want to be sure I've seen everything. So I did a bunch of random missions and public events on Earth, and I did the strike. I'm not going to bother with the crucible (PvP I assume) part.

I also noticed that just now in the Tower there are no other players. I thought it had something to do with my son not having PS+ but just like him earlier today I had people in the coop parts, but no one in the Tower. When I was in the Tower last night it was full of people.

Yeah, you have the story mission, the explorable area, the strike mission and the crucible which only has control.

As for the Tower. Sometimes when you go there it will be empty. Seems like more of a bug than anything since you didn't get into a populated instance and nobody ever seems to join your instance. It's random and I've had it happen a lot to me. Same with being in the explorable area, which makes public events very hard to beat when you're by yourself or just with a friend depending on which event you get.

#81 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

I thought PS+ could be shared on the same PS4? My son played this and it worked fine and there were others playing. I have PS+, but not his account.

It is. All accounts can play online and play downloaded PS+ games, not just the main account with the sub.

http://faq.en.playst...and-playstation

#82 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Here's a code: 4H2K-JLNP-2RRQ

If you redeem it, please reply so others know.

#83 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

Did anyone else preorder from Amazon and not receive a BETA token? My friend preordered yesterday and got a token to redeem at bungie.net immediately. Yet I preordered months ago and got nothing but an alpha code. Even cancelled and re-did the order 3 times. No email.

#84 Erad30   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2320 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

I really think the respawn rate is too high, but it's not getting in the way of my fun. I think they need to highlight ammo drops better, I can barely see them sometimes.

#85 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Did anyone else preorder from Amazon and not receive a BETA token? My friend preordered yesterday and got a token to redeem at bungie.net immediately. Yet I preordered months ago and got nothing but an alpha code. Even cancelled and re-did the order 3 times. No email.

Just pre-ordered on Amazon and got my Beta key seconds after I preordered. Send me a PM if you want it I only ordered to give since I already have one myself.

#86 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

Played through the story mission and strike on Legend to finish up my time with the alpha.

I had a blast with it and can't wait for the beta and full game. This will eat up a ton of my gaming time this fall.

#87 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Beta key for anyone who still needs it, please reply so we know it's taken.

TKJ-GFR-DK3

Go to www.bungie.net to redeem.

#88 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

Beta key for anyone who still needs it, please reply so we know it's taken.

TKJ-GFR-DK3

Go to www.bungie.net to redeem.

Code was already taken when I tried it just to let everyone know its gone. 

Is Amazon the only one giving the BETA access when preordering? I plan on getting this through BB due to the GCU discount but do not see any mention on their site of BETA access with the preorder. 

Edit: Ah never mind ... its hidden down in the description that it does indeed come with it. Has anyone preordered from Best Buy and already received the code ?

#89 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

I got a chance to play the beta Friday night and it was awesome. I chose Warlock for my playthrough. The warlock's magic abilities made for gameplay more akin to borderlands than halo which was fine by me. I had a blast with it. Wish I had had more time to play this weekend but such is life.

All and all, Bungie still has it! September cannot come soon enough. 

#90 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

This was tweeted last night by Bungie.

There's a rumor that the #Destiny Alpha might be extended to allow dangerous experiments. Play beyond the official close at your own risk!