* * - - - 13 votes

Gamestop: Smash Bros Wii U game, gamecube controller, controller adapter bundle $100

#1 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

This is also available for preorder in store, which is where I ordered mine just in case there is a midnight release. You get the game, the gamecube controller adapter for wii u, and the new smash bros branded gamecube controller. The bundle is $100, which is $10 cheaper than buying all three individually.

http://www.gamestop....s-bundle/115559
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#2 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Super Spash Bros. Game

U wot m8

Sounds like a scam.

#3 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

i dont need the adaptor, just the wii u gamecube controller and the game. make a good bundle deal with those two and im in
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#4 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

i dont need the adaptor, just the wii u gamecube controller and the game. make a good bundle deal with those two and im in

You already own an adaptor? 

The mayflower one or whatever?

#5 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hopefully Best Buy will carry the bundle and we can get 20% off in GCU.

515771.png

#6 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

It doesn't look like it's going to be endorsed by nintendo but IDK.

Seems more like a gamestop thing.

Would be nice though.

#7 Lexxon   In the face! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

Hoping the same, and I'd be surprised if they don't.  They had Smashfest, and have had a good relationship with Nintendo as a whole lately.  I think I'd grab this with the 20% GCU.  Hoping the $5 GC is available again, it was only for Smashfest folks last I heard (and that was a line I wasn't waiting in!)

#8 B0W and Arrow   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

B0W and Arrow

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

Does anyone know if this is the confirmed box art, or just a placeholder?

#9 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

You already own an adaptor?
The mayflower one or whatever?

isnt the gamecube controller already wii u compatible ? i assumed so at least. if not than thats just plain dumb smh
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#10 PantsuRaid   nyanpantsu~ CAG in Training   35 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

PantsuRaid

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

isnt the gamecube controller already wii u compatible ? i assumed so at least. if not than thats just plain dumb smh

No it's not... The Wii U doesn't play gamecube games, hence no gamecube ports like the Wii.

#11 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2857 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Would be nice though.

WOt m8? I thought they announced this bundle at E3 along with another bundle like controller and game?

#12 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6394 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

It's a real bundle and the price is MSRP... 

http://www.polygon.c...-holiday-season

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U controller bundle, consisting of a Nintendo GameCube controller and an adapter will be available this holiday season for a recommended price of $99.99, the company announced during its E3 2014 Digital Event.

Anyway, why do so many people want to turn this forum into a news forum? We don't need a topic for every MSRP bundle or collectors edition that comes on the market and it's why the official CE thread was made. Sure some people will be left in the cold, but what makes more sense to you... making 1 topic per stupid bundle that literally floods the front page or telling those lazy ****s to read a thread and shut up? To me it's the latter that makes sense, though I know someone will explain how the former is more logical. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#13 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

Anyway, why do so many people want to turn this forum into a news forum? We don't need a topic for every MSRP bundle or collectors edition that comes on the market and it's why the official CE thread was made. Sure some people will be left in the cold, but what makes more sense to you... making 1 topic per stupid bundle that literally floods the front page or telling those lazy ****s to read a thread and shut up? To me it's the latter that makes sense, though I know someone will explain how the former is somehow more logical. 

Oh okay, I didn't know about this lol

#14 Fatpeoplestink  

Fatpeoplestink

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

Lol stupid

#15 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:40 AM

Anyway, why do so many people want to turn this forum into a news forum? We don't need a topic for every MSRP bundle or collectors edition that comes on the market and it's why the official CE thread was made. Sure some people will be left in the cold, but what makes more sense to you... making 1 topic per stupid bundle that literally floods the front page or telling those lazy ****s to read a thread and shut up? To me it's the latter that makes sense, though I know someone will explain how the former is more logical. 

Calm your tits.

This is still cheaper than buying all 3 individually, despite being officially endorsed by Nintendo.

WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#16 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

:beer:

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#17 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

msrp...

#18 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   8720 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

yeah man, I mean, I can use PS2 controllers on my PS4 and Xbox controllers on my Xbox One.

Want Amazon Prime for cheap? Send me a message for info.

Deader2818.png

#19 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

yeah man, I mean, I can use PS2 controllers on my PS4 and Xbox controllers on my Xbox One.

ive never owned a wii u (will have one by tommorow) and i was under the assumption that there was a usb port or two in the system. if so couldnt they just make a gamecube controller which uses usb and not need the adaptor ?
Currently playing

690739.png

#20 Lumas101  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

It's $10 cheaper than buying all three, but $20 more than the game and the adapter, if you still have your Gamecube remotes. I guess getting the Special Edition controller will be a selling point for some people, too.

#21 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3023 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

Wait they are going to make a NEW GameCube controller?

That's like Microsoft making a new controller for xbox

#22 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

Wait they are going to make a NEW GameCube controller?

That's like Microsoft making a new controller for xbox

yep and dispite it being brand new you are still forced to use an adaptor, bussiness wise its smart as us smash zombies love the cube controller for the game. it sucks cause nintendo is forcing us to buy another accessory :(
Currently playing

690739.png

#23 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   8720 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

The Adapter is great for those of us that still have game cube controllers. The Adapter along is like $20.

But I mean, they could have just not done anything. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Want Amazon Prime for cheap? Send me a message for info.

Deader2818.png

#24 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

I wonder if the new GC controller will have a longer cable like the white one released for the Wii in Japan. I am expecting Wavebirds to go up again lol. 

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps4:Dragon Age
:3ds/WiiU: Smash Bros!
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#25 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

The Adapter is great for those of us that still have game cube controllers. The Adapter along is like $20.

But I mean, they could have just not done anything. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

what im saying is that imo a controller that doesnt need the adaptor could have been sold separately. i have no problem with the adaptor but if you make a brand new controller theres no reason why it shouldnt use usb
Currently playing

690739.png

#26 litepink   Target! CAGiversary!   1208 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

Does anyone know if this is the confirmed box art, or just a placeholder?

http://www.computera...x-art-revealed/

That's it, and the link shows the 3DS box art too.

Two sick looking box arts, but boy, I'm still not sold on the title of these games.

DPeqf.png

#27 PennStateFencer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

PennStateFencer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

It seems like there is some confusion about the Gamecube controllers.  The wired one from the bundle will connect to the adapter which connects to the USB ports of the Wii U.  This means the entire connection is wired, which from what I have heard is preferred by "professional" Smash players.  It also makes more sense to make the end of the new controller a gamecube socket and to have a gamecube controller adapter so people who already have 3-4 Gamecube controllers don't have to buy 3-4 new controllers.  I'm no Nintendo defender, but this is an instance where they're not screwing people over, yet some are still finding something to complain about...

If you don't want to buy an adapter and don't care about a wired vs. wireless connection, at E3 Nintendo showed off some new Gamecube style controllers which seem to plug directly into a Wii remote just like the old classic controller.  Here is a link with some pictures and info about the wireless ones.  Gamestop also has these wireless ones on their website for $25 each.  That seems reasonable for custom controllers with character designs.

http://kotaku.com/th...-hot-1588991448

#28 BrolyB593   I'm Cheap! CAGiversary!   6175 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

http://www.computera...x-art-revealed/

That's it, and the link shows the 3DS box art too.

Two sick looking box arts, but boy, I'm still not sold on the title of these games.

Hahah yeah the names are super weak.

I get that they are two different variants on the game so they need to specify but not really.

You could easily name the Wii U version something like Super Smash Bros ScuffleU while the 3DS is just Super Smash Bros Scuffle

That way you know which is which and you dont have stupid names like they have now.

#29 PennStateFencer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

PennStateFencer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

I think the new ones look pretty awesome, and I know my fiance is going to want the Yoshi one.  I may pick up an adapter too for 4-player matches since I have a bunch of gamecube controllers around the house.

#30 SMBScooby   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

I just hope my wavebirds work with the adapter. I don't see why not.