* - - - - 2 votes

Let's argue about Mike Brown!

#1 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

No Ferguson discussion yet?!? Anybody choosing sides yet, or are we all waiting for more facts? It is nice to see business owners able to defend their stores with those awful AR-15's though.

#2 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Not really much controversy here.  Cop kills an unarmed black male in cold blood, city explodes in rage because of it.  Looting is stupid but the anger is justified.

#3 renique46   CAGiversary! Silenced   2692 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

renique46

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

There isn't a fucking side to choose, Kid had 2 put in his head while unarmed. Oscar Grant 3.0 end of story.

#4 renique46   CAGiversary! Silenced   2692 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

renique46

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yes because having your hands up according to multiple witness asking an officer to not shoot then getting drilled in the head twice anyway is totally imminent danger  and totally justified :wall:  Fuck outta here :roll:

#5 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Depending on what actually happened, it's a possibility that the shoot was justified. I've had this discussion a lot lately, but without going into it too much, here's the long short:

-Lethal force is justifiable when a person reasonably believes they are danger of imminent death or great bodily harm.
-At 6 foot 4, 300+ lbs, Brown could very well deal great bodily harm unarmed.
-If the officer did in fact sustain great bodily harm, lethal force can be justified if Brown was still acting as an aggressor.

Damn, I think that's the simplest I've broken it down to yet. I might have to save that for the tldr people.

Attorny'd

Lionel_Hutz.png

#6 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Yeah lets just shoot the unarmed guy, there are no other options in that situation. No taser, baton, waiting for backup, remaining in your vehicle until the situation calms down, not putting yourself in a compromising situation in which your life is "threatened". I mean what choice did he have HOLY SHIT HE IS BIG AND BLACK ONLY OPTION IS A DOUBLE TAP TO THE HEAD. Suck my balls with the legalese "justified lethal force" bullshit and start thinking about more then just black and white (pun not intended or needed).

#7 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

Trayvon 2.0. The media will sensationalize. The race hustlers will proselytize. The justice system will exonerize. 

All in time to get ready for the next one.

Yawn. http://www.stltoday....6753e2fcb2.html

#8 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

http://www.opposingv...-brown-shooting

Reporter: Over A Dozen Witnesses Corroborate Officer's Version Of Michael Brown Shooting - See more at: http://www.opposingv...h.9zPnTE9K.dpuf

Don't steal, don't resist arrest, don't approach people with drawn guns ordering you to stop.....good ways not to get shot.

Let's not jump to conclusions either way.

#9 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Police sources told her? Doesnt strike you odd ego?

#10 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:42 AM

Not really much controversy here.  Cop kills an unarmed black male in cold blood, city explodes in rage because of it.  Looting is stupid but the anger is justified.

How is the anger justified? Logically can you explain to me how does one person go from being angry over an "unjustified" shooting to a looting of another man's store, who had nothing to do with the police? 

#11 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

Police sources told her? Doesnt strike you odd ego?

Sure, but a lot about this situation is funky and rushing to a conclusion without getting all the information would be "acting stupidly" as the President calls it. Wilson does have injuries. Brown has demonstrated violent tendencies. There is the possibility that it was a justified shooting. There is also the possibility that the officer panicked and fired when Brown spun around and was raising his hands, looking like he was drawing a weapon instead of surrendering. Or Wilson is a racist idiot who likes shooting people who break his face.

How do you perceive the shooting Spokker posted? Justified?

#12 RPGNinja   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

RPGNinja

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

The only CONTROVERSY should be is why aren't blacks rioting in the streets in the southside of Chicago where blacks are killed at an alarming rate every month?

Oh thats right because its BLACK on BLACK crime and that wouldn't feed into being a victim. Nor would it help that the "White Devil" wasn't involved either. Gotta hate that.

Nobody wants to say it.. but everyone knows if this had been a black cop shooting a white guy there wouldn't even be a hint of a riot because people know how to behave themselves. The sad part is that these black looters are actually also looting black business owners and they are getting pissed off at the whole ordeal.

Have not seen Rev Al or Jesse Jackson there once. Not to mention Obama claims to love Chicago so much but keeps ignoring that and nothing got better there while he was a community organizer.

#13 renique46   CAGiversary! Silenced   2692 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

renique46

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

#14 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

I haven't seen a reliable source to the extent of Wilson's injuries, he may have bumped his head trying to grab Brown through his squad car or while getting out (he fired one bullet supposedly while still in the car).

#15 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

http://www.thewire.c...ff-duty/378877/

So language in the link.

#16 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

why are we shooting innocent college bound boys in the back?

#17 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

http://hotair.com/ar...-michael-brown/

http://hotair.com/ar...-michael-brown/

"

The Gateway Pundit can now confirm from two local St. Louis sources that police Officer Darren Wilson suffered facial fractures during his confrontation with deceased 18 year-old Michael Brown. Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the shooting death of Brown. This was after Michael Brown and his accomplice Dorian Johnson robbed a local Ferguson convenience store.

Local St. Louis sources said Wilson suffered an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.” This comes from a source within the District Attorney’s office and confirmed by the St. Louis County Police.

If this is correct, does it change your mind?

#18 renique46   CAGiversary! Silenced   2692 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

renique46

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

Nope

#19 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

How is the anger justified? Logically can you explain to me how does one person go from being angry over an "unjustified" shooting to a looting of another man's store, who had nothing to do with the police? 

Re-read my post next time.  THE LOOTING IS STUPID THE ANGER IS JUSTIFIED incase you didn't notice that part I typed it louder for you.

#20 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Re-read my post next time.  THE LOOTING IS STUPID THE ANGER IS JUSTIFIED incase you didn't notice that part I typed it louder for you.

Anger over a situation in which the investigation is not complete?????? :wall: I can see possible anger over a delay in information release, but that's how the system works. Why not wait and give all the info at once as not to create uninformed opinions and judgements based on incomplete or inaccurate info.

#21 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Because an unarmed 18 year old was shot (hit) 6 times by an over zealous police officer that didn't need to use deadly force.  And there was a delay in the release of information, so there you go be angry about that.

#22 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Because an unarmed 18 year old was shot (hit) 6 times by an over zealous police officer that didn't need to use deadly force.  And there was a delay in the release of information, so there you go be angry about that.

HAH! I would love to see how many bullets you would put into a 292 pound guy who is charging you after breaking your face in an earlier attack. Why does the guy's age matter? You also have to understand the bad effects that releasing incomplete info can and has had. Why protest before the system even has a chance to work? Some protesters were demanding justice. Drag the cop in the street and kill him before he has his day in court? Emotional hysteria.....

#23 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

In which case your post does not make sense. You acknowledge the fact that it is stupid and yet somehow the actions are justified? I find it to be a contradiction. 

#24 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

You can be angry at what you think is a broken system, show your anger through peaceful protesting, and be justified in doing so.  Looting is stupid, detrimental to your cause and wrong.  Hope that explains it for you.

#25 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

why can't cops just do their jobs without getting in trouble

#26 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

You can be angry at what you think is a broken system, show your anger through peaceful protesting, and be justified in doing so.  Looting is stupid, detrimental to your cause and wrong.  Hope that explains it for you.

Yes, its justified when peacefully protesting. Its never justified if you are looting. Thank you for clarifying. 

#27 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

I'm so glad we established that protesting is the same thing as looting. Reading comprehension is fucking awesome.

#28 UncleBob  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

But looting is what gets you free stuff. Obviously the only way to show your anger at the system is by smashing up local businesses and stealing video games.

PS: The ones really hurt by these actions are the employees of these businesses.

#29 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

But looting is what gets you free stuff. Obviously the only way to show your anger at the system is by smashing up local businesses and stealing video games.PS: The ones really hurt by these actions are the employees of these businesses.

What is the point of this post.

#30 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

why can't cops just do their jobs without getting in trouble

guy couldnt even be bothered to file a police report