* * * * * 4 votes

Uplay Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity / Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition $64.99 and Steelbook Only deals (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Uplay Assassins Creed Unity Steelbook

#31 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

Exactly why I'm not buying this. Ubi once again is screwing customers. The steelbook was included last year with the $130 CE. This year it's a $12 plus shipping add-on.

that is why i call them Ubi$oft

#32 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Is anyone else having trouble checking out?  I was able to check out on the AC steelbook edition, but when I try to check out on the FarCry 4 one it tells me payment not accepted.  Tried with mutliple cards and PayPal.  On PayPal it doesn't even send me to the paypal login screen.

Good ol' Digital River...

#33 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

Is anyone else having trouble checking out?  I was able to check out on the AC steelbook edition, but when I try to check out on the FarCry 4 one it tells me payment not accepted.  Tried with mutliple cards and PayPal.  On PayPal it doesn't even send me to the paypal login screen.

Good ol' Digital River...

don't worry, digital river will find a way to charge you, even without a order #. they are that good. kinda like the NSA

#34 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1228 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

I ordered the Assassin's Creed steelbook edition, this was exactly the type of LE that I wanted at the price that I wanted. I'm not that interested in statues and big collector's boxes at the $129.99 price point, I'd much rather have something like this for $5 more than the regular version of the game instead. I wish every game would do this kind of like this game and Dark Souls 2 did.

#35 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1228 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

who handles their shipping/ order? digital river?

i was right, it is digital river. so no way in hell i am giving them a single penny. i wouldn't even spit on them if they were on fire

I know DR deservedly gets a lot of flack from customers, but the one thing I will say about them that is positive is that the stuff I get from them consistently arrives in better condition than the stuff I get from Amazon or BB.

#36 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

Is anyone else having trouble checking out?

Nope, I was able to check out fine with the Steelbooks through PayPal. 

I know DR deservedly gets a lot of flack from customers, but the one thing I will say about them that is positive is that the stuff I get from them consistently arrives in better condition than the stuff I get from Amazon or BB.

Same for me, DR packs items a lot better for me than Amazon Prime.  :lol:

#37 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

Thanks so much OP! Ordered AC since it's pretty much the exact LE I'd want plus it has the actual potential be limited since it comes from one retailer and the steelbook doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. I'd love to know if has some sort of slip or case to contain the artbook and CD though.

I'm considering Farcry but not sure if I'd be better off getting the steelbook and waiting for the game to clearance.

#38 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

Holy shit this post made it to Joystiq.com

Link

I feel accomplished.

#39 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

Holy shit this post made it to Joystiq.com

Link

I feel accomplished.

I saw, and I'm shocked. They're only weeks too late, and getting their info from here too?

#40 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

I saw, and I'm shocked. They're only weeks too late, and getting their info from here too?

I've seen them post deals from CAG before. It's probably because the weekends are generally slow for gaming news. Regardless, this has to be one of my best CAG moments.

#41 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

I've seen them post deals from CAG before. It's probably because the weekends are generally slow for gaming news. Regardless, this has to be one of my best CAG moments.

Really? May I ask how/why?

This was posted on 10/1 on another forum I frequent. The info is weeks old, for here, and for joystiq.

#42 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

This was posted on 10/1 on another forum I frequent. The info is weeks old, for here, and for joystiq.

Oh, yes, take this post down as its old. I wish you'd have posted it on 10/1. It's new to me

#43 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

Oh, yes, take this post down as its old. I wish you'd have posted it on 10/1. It's new to me

It isn't a deal. In actuality it's a rip off. Anti deal, etc.

#44 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:37 AM

I just think it's cool that my primary gaming news site posted something without me tipping them off. It's like getting on the Jumbotron at a sports game. No one else will care, but it will be the highlight of your night.

#45 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

I just think it's cool that my primary gaming news site posted something without me tipping them off. It's like getting on the Jumbotron at a sports game. No one else will care, but it will be the highlight of your night.

By all means it is really cool. I just feel it's extremely poor journalism to source your info from a forum, especially when the info is ancient by internet standards. Emphasis entirely on joystiq, not on you.

#46 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10022 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

Really?  $5 more than the regular edition of the game and you get a Steelbook and all sorts of physical extras.  Of course this is just my opinion, but that sounds like a deal to me.

#47 DealSeeker4U   Get the Deal! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

DealSeeker4U

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:38 AM

Really?  $5 more than the regular edition of the game and you get a Steelbook and all sorts of physical extras.  Of course this is just my opinion, but that sounds like a deal to me.

My thoughts exactly. Romeo always likes to start problems on here

#48 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:41 AM

My thoughts exactly. Romeo always likes to start problems on here

he does have a point though that there no reason ubisoft shouldnt of included a steelbook with the CE since the CE is $130 just like last year which did include the steelbook

#49 DealSeeker4U   Get the Deal! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

DealSeeker4U

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

he does have a point though that there no reason ubisoft shouldnt of included a steelbook with the CE since the CE is $130 just like last year which did include the steelbook

No no, I agree with that part, Romeo posts things like this in multiple topics to try and cause problems. I agree though, for $130, a steelbook should be included for both of those CE's, but $5 more for a steelbook and other extras is definitely a deal

#50 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:50 AM

No no, I agree with that part, Romeo posts things like this in multiple topics to try and cause problems. I agree though, for $130, a steelbook should be included for both of those CE's, but $5 more for a steelbook and other extras is definitely a deal

You are right, $5 more is definitely a deal. I never said it wasn't.

So please do me a favor and do not slander me stating I cause problems. I said nothing of the sort you claim.

#51 DealSeeker4U   Get the Deal! CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

DealSeeker4U

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:53 AM

You are right, $5 more is definitely a deal. I never said it wasn't.

So please do me a favor and do not slander me stating I cause problems. I said nothing of the sort you claim.

I've seen to many posts by you that come off as rude, I usually ignore them, but this one just bugged me. I apologize for taking this thread of topic

#52 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:58 AM

I've seen to many posts by you that come off as rude, I usually ignore them, but this one just bugged me. I apologize for taking this thread of topic

That's the peculiar thing about the internet and texting, context and tone are impossible to convey. Just like real life I am direct and to the point. Some may read it as harsh, others not.

Regarding this particular post, the fact of the matter is that it isn't a deal per se. It's an MSRP offer. It's a cool promo, though doesn't belong in this particular section of the forum, same as the new Microsoft bundles someone recently posted and the mods moved.

Now specifically regarding the steelbook, it's a damn insult to charge $13 for this standalone and not include it in the CE. For a $5 add-on to the standard $60, it's really cool.

#53 ithebigc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the OP for this. I collect steelbooks, but the news of this never reached any of the gaming sites I frequent. Leave it to CAG to come through! Now I just gotta decide if I want the steelbooks standalone and then buy the games later down the road for cheap (it's Ubisoft) or whether I just get the Steelbook editions, which are arguably the better deal for only $5 extra.

#54 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4319 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

I got a notice that says shipment may be delayed until 12/31 for the Steelbook Pack. Anyone else get this?

#55 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

I got a notice that says shipment may be delayed until 12/31 for the Steelbook Pack. Anyone else get this?

I really hope this doesn't happen. I wonder if this means the game is getting delayed. Usually when they say 12/31 it's just an arbitrary date meaning sometime by the end of the year.

#56 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4319 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

It said it for Far Cry 4 also.

If I had to guess now, I'm thinking part of their system still hasn't updated the release date in their system yet, and since it's a "pre-order" and not a purchase, it might be listed as Q4, 2014, which defaults to 12/31.

Because if my game doesn't ship on time, I'm cancelling my orders.

#57 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4319 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

6oq0yq.jpg

#58 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the OP for this. I collect steelbooks, but the news of this never reached any of the gaming sites I frequent. Leave it to CAG to come through! Now I just gotta decide if I want the steelbooks standalone and then buy the games later down the road for cheap (it's Ubisoft) or whether I just get the Steelbook editions, which are arguably the better deal for only $5 extra.

Best buy. Get that GCU.

#59 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

Is the far cry 4 steel book a Uplay exclusive too or does it come with the CE? Also is there a way to get free shipping?

#60 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

Is the far cry 4 steel book a Uplay exclusive too or does it come with the CE? Also is there a way to get free shipping?

it is a uplay exclusive and no that why i passed on the deal to