Uplay Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity / Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition $64.99 and Steelbook Only deals (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know this is a MSRP "deal." but I figured I'd post for awareness sake. I think the steelbook looks pretty badass and I know a lot of us are suckers for them.  Link The sooner you preorder the earlier you can play Ubisoft's spin to win game. More details below.

Far Cry 4 Steelbook only

Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition

Assassin Creed Unity Steelbook only
(Credit to YBX87 for the additional finds.)

Uplay Exclusive Offer The Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook edition is only available on the Uplay Shop.
Limited Quantities Available. Order today!
  • Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook Edition includes:
  • Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook (illustrated by Tony Moore)
  • Assassin's Creed Unity official soundtrack
  • Assassin's Creed Unity art book
  • Assassin's Creed Unity game (PC, Xbox One, PS4)
  •  
Pre-order Now and Get
| FREE SPIN TO WIN CODE |
Every single week through launch, Assassin’s Creed is giving away incredible prizes. For a chance to win, go to AssassinsCreed.com/play and spin the Guillotine wheel and try to hit the jackpot.

Every Friday brand new prizes will be given away and you will get 5 new spins and chances to win.

Offer #1 - Play the Spin to Win Game!
Pre-order early and don’t a miss a single week because once a prize is gone, it’s gone forever.

Prizes Include:
• Exotic trips – Paris, Ubisoft Montreal, Comic-Con
• Games and digital content
• Exclusive apparel and gear
• Home Entertainment Systems
• And more

Product Description
Paris, 1789. The French Revolution turns a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. As the nation tears itself apart, a young man named Arno will embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the Revolution. His pursuit will throw him into the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation, and transform him into a true Master Assassin.

Introducing Assassin’s Creed® Unity, the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. From the storming of the Bastille to the execution of King Louis XVI, experience the French Revolution as never before, and help the people of France carve an entirely new destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ended a long time ago, it wasn't in effect for the Theatrhythm: CC CEs. I ordered more than $100 worth of stuff on this one and didn't get free shipping either.

Shipping was only like $6.50 or something for what I bought though, it wasn't exactly a deal breaker IMO.
OK, cool. When I ordered FF X/X-2 CE it seemed like shipping was a flat $10-$12 for basic unless you ordered $100.

I wanted that Assassin's Creed CE, but I can't justify the price when I'm getting Unity for 20% off + $10 back from Best Buy.

I wanted that Assassin's Creed CE, but I can't justify the price when I'm getting Unity for 20% off + $10 back from Best Buy.
Yea I wish that I had just bought the Steelbook and then the game from Best Buy. Would still come out ahead overall $60*.8-10 = 38 * 1.09 tax = 41.42 +13 = 54.42 < 65+$5 shipping...

Is there a easy way to cancel?

If I love unity then I'll order the steel case by itself. Loved black flag and have it in its steel case and don't plan on trading it in

I can't describe the rage I feel toward Digital River. Inept, dishonest thieves and it truly baffles me why companies still use them. Due to their handling of CE, soundtracks for FFXIV I honestly ended up not playing the game. It was such a shitty experience it soured me on the game.

Anyway now that that's off my chest, I'm trying to clarify Far Cry 4 preorder content/steelcase.

By preordering steelcase (only available through DR right?) you are automatically getting the harpoon missions and content? So you're not losing anything from the standard "limited edition" preorder upgrade?

Am I correct so far and if so it would be nice to know what other sellers are giving you. Best Buy, Amazon etc typically have a weapon you get in game or something. I'm getting the sense that you won't get a special weapon if you go the steelcase route where you will on standard route through certain sellers.

I apparently don't know the definition of insanity. I bought steelbook through Digital River. If anyone else had sold it... God help me. This time I'll go postal I know it.

I'm assuming that the people's orders have shipped must have gotten the 1 day shipping option, I got the express shipping option but mine hasn't shipped yet. There is still hope...

I lied, Ubisoft shipped it 4 hours ago, the full game version. Lets just hope it gets here safe and sound! Pics will be posted once it gets here. And to everyone else who's still waiting, don't give up hope.

I have two day shipping on my steelbook edition and still hasn't shipped :whistle2:/ damn

LOL as soon as I posted this just got the email from uplay that it shipped!!! Lol wtf

So anyone who has actually received their AC Steelbook I wanted to ask if there is a slipcover or something to house the art book and CD or if it is all separated. I'm hoping for something to keep it together like you would see at retail.

Also, i wanted to check and see if anyone has received the game that had a pending order as part of it. I see my order says that the shipment won't ship until 11/18 for FarCry and it sounds like that will hold up Unity which is really annoying.

So anyone who has actually received their AC Steelbook I wanted to ask if there is a slipcover or something to house the art book and CD or if it is all separated. I'm hoping for something to keep it together like you would see at retail.

Also, i wanted to check and see if anyone has received the game that had a pending order as part of it. I see my order says that the shipment won't ship until 11/18 for FarCry and it sounds like that will hold up Unity which is really annoying.
yea if you order more then one item with different release dates it won't ship until all items are available. The same thing happens with out of stock items on a order. It standard with digital rivers

yea if you order more then one item with different release dates it won't ship until all items are available. The same thing happens with out of stock items on a order. It standard with digital rivers
my Unity steelbook that came in the mail today was in the same order as my FC4 steel

If Ubi has some kind of across the board BF sale & the steelbooks are still in stock I might bite. Gonna have to pass otherwise - they look very nice, but I just can't justify that much for them - especially after they gave the AC3 one away for free and as others have said packed the AC4/Watchdogs steels in with the CE's. 

My AC Unity from Uplay is due tomorrow... wow.

Not sure it will actually come tomorrow since it says it's in Georgia and that's pretty far, but one day isn't bad.

If Ubi has some kind of across the board BF sale & the steelbooks are still in stock I might bite. Gonna have to pass otherwise - they look very nice, but I just can't justify that much for them - especially after they gave the AC3 one away for free and as others have said packed the AC4/Watchdogs steels in with the CE's.
It's a very unfortunate and sickening trend. Pay the same for less and less as years go by. Just raise the damn price, it's the same as the 'grocery shrink ray' where they keep the price the same and give less product. Sure a company needs to make a profit, don't try to hide it. It's shady and makes me mistrust your company.

Well Digital River was good enough to cancel my order even though I just asked for the order to ship now or be separated into multiple orders. I really hate to dogpile on these guys but they've gone zero for three over the last couple of years for me. I'm wondering if I can call someone to sort it out.

Got my X1 Steelbook Edition shipped yesterday, and it just arrived at my house today at 10am. Pretty impressed.

Got my Unity steelbook...chose just the regular shipping but I got it within 2 days of ordering...not bad! So far that 2 for 2 for me from DR.... ^_^

Pics as promised. Everything was well packed and is in mint condition. For all the crap people gave DR, they really aren't that bad.

Pics as promised. Everything was well packed and is in mint condition. For all the crap people gave DR, they really aren't that bad.
I can assure you they are that bad, and actually much worse. I'm happy you haven't been screwed over by them, but I and many many many people like me have been. This isn't just hyperbolic bs. Trust me.

So my order just shipped with both AC and Farcry listed. Did that appear on anyone else's shipping notification that ordered both? It would be a pleasant surprise to get Farcry before street date.

bread's done
Back