Uplay Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity / Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition $64.99 and Steelbook Only deals (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know this is a MSRP "deal." but I figured I'd post for awareness sake. I think the steelbook looks pretty badass and I know a lot of us are suckers for them.  Link The sooner you preorder the earlier you can play Ubisoft's spin to win game. More details below.

Far Cry 4 Steelbook only

Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition

Assassin Creed Unity Steelbook only
(Credit to YBX87 for the additional finds.)

Uplay Exclusive Offer The Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook edition is only available on the Uplay Shop.
Limited Quantities Available. Order today!
  • Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook Edition includes:
  • Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook (illustrated by Tony Moore)
  • Assassin's Creed Unity official soundtrack
  • Assassin's Creed Unity art book
  • Assassin's Creed Unity game (PC, Xbox One, PS4)
  •  
Pre-order Now and Get
| FREE SPIN TO WIN CODE |
Every single week through launch, Assassin’s Creed is giving away incredible prizes. For a chance to win, go to AssassinsCreed.com/play and spin the Guillotine wheel and try to hit the jackpot.

Every Friday brand new prizes will be given away and you will get 5 new spins and chances to win.

Offer #1 - Play the Spin to Win Game!
Pre-order early and don’t a miss a single week because once a prize is gone, it’s gone forever.

Prizes Include:
• Exotic trips – Paris, Ubisoft Montreal, Comic-Con
• Games and digital content
• Exclusive apparel and gear
• Home Entertainment Systems
• And more

Product Description
Paris, 1789. The French Revolution turns a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. As the nation tears itself apart, a young man named Arno will embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the Revolution. His pursuit will throw him into the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation, and transform him into a true Master Assassin.

Introducing Assassin’s Creed® Unity, the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. From the storming of the Bastille to the execution of King Louis XVI, experience the French Revolution as never before, and help the people of France carve an entirely new destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
No no, I agree with that part, Romeo posts things like this in multiple topics to try and cause problems. I agree though, for $130, a steelbook should be included for both of those CE's, but $5 more for a steelbook and other extras is definitely a deal
You are right, $5 more is definitely a deal. I never said it wasn't.

So please do me a favor and do not slander me stating I cause problems. I said nothing of the sort you claim.

You are right, $5 more is definitely a deal. I never said it wasn't.

So please do me a favor and do not slander me stating I cause problems. I said nothing of the sort you claim.
I've seen to many posts by you that come off as rude, I usually ignore them, but this one just bugged me. I apologize for taking this thread of topic

I've seen to many posts by you that come off as rude, I usually ignore them, but this one just bugged me. I apologize for taking this thread of topic
That's the peculiar thing about the internet and texting, context and tone are impossible to convey. Just like real life I am direct and to the point. Some may read it as harsh, others not.

Regarding this particular post, the fact of the matter is that it isn't a deal per se. It's an MSRP offer. It's a cool promo, though doesn't belong in this particular section of the forum, same as the new Microsoft bundles someone recently posted and the mods moved.

Now specifically regarding the steelbook, it's a damn insult to charge $13 for this standalone and not include it in the CE. For a $5 add-on to the standard $60, it's really cool.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the OP for this. I collect steelbooks, but the news of this never reached any of the gaming sites I frequent. Leave it to CAG to come through! Now I just gotta decide if I want the steelbooks standalone and then buy the games later down the road for cheap (it's Ubisoft) or whether I just get the Steelbook editions, which are arguably the better deal for only $5 extra.

It said it for Far Cry 4 also.

If I had to guess now, I'm thinking part of their system still hasn't updated the release date in their system yet, and since it's a "pre-order" and not a purchase, it might be listed as Q4, 2014, which defaults to 12/31.

Because if my game doesn't ship on time, I'm cancelling my orders.

6oq0yq.jpg

[quote name="ithebigc" post="12170153" timestamp="1413698155"]Just wanted to say a big thank you to the OP for this. I collect steelbooks, but the news of this never reached any of the gaming sites I frequent. Leave it to CAG to come through! Now I just gotta decide if I want the steelbooks standalone and then buy the games later down the road for cheap (it's Ubisoft) or whether I just get the Steelbook editions, which are arguably the better deal for only $5 extra.[/quote]
Best buy. Get that GCU.

Be careful with Digital River. Just a heads up, because they have done this before. If anyone here ordered both in the same order, they will probably wait until Far Cry 4 comes out and then ship both of them in the same box to save shipping costs. So you guys will probably get your AC Unity a week late.

Digital River is known for having a "don't ship until the entire order is available" policy.

This has happened many times. I know someone who ordered 3 games, and one of them turned out to be out of stock when they ordered it, so they literally waited like 5 months to mail all 3 games until they were all in stock at the same time. Has happened with many members here to varying degrees of insanity.

Wow, the AC Unity Steel is probably the coolest one I have ever seen. I love that it looks like stained glass. I'm glad that I don't do Steels and CEs anymore because fuck buying it at launch to make sure I get one, dealing with shipping issues, etc. But, for those that do still partake in the indulgence, that's a great piece.

Wow, the AC Unity Steel is probably the coolest one I have ever seen. I love that it looks like stained glass. I'm glad that I don't do Steels and CEs anymore because fuck buying it at launch to make sure I get one, dealing with shipping issues, etc. But, for those that do still partake in the indulgence, that's a great piece.

Definitely is great art. I just wish they didn't make it a steelbook. The actual image is from Tony Moore and Justin Kamerer as a very limited screenprint only given away at SDCC '14. Seeing it now as a poster in Canada and a uplay steel, in my opinion, depreciates the actual art itself.

http://angryblue.com/?portfolio=assassins-creed-unity

What broke your spirit?
Well, there were so many things lol. Basically, I finally 'clicked on' to the idea that CEs and steels are extremely exploitative of the consumer and are an unnecessary part of the hobby. There are more and more of them, they are getting bigger and more ridiculous, more expensive, usually very questionable quality, etc. Not to mention that I rarely even wanted anything that came in them: composer select soundtracks are crap, mini artbooks are neat in theory, but I just buy the full size ones anyway, plushes that I don't want, statues that I have never liked--and are usually shit quality. These things weren't even a part of video game collecting until the 7th gen--only a wee tiny bit in the 6th. When you look back over the 7th gen from early CEs like Perfect Dark and DMC4, then look to now--hell, just look at all of Ubisoft's high profile releases--it's just gross. Then there is also the time, money, and stress factor because I only want mint items. And people--and even companies--so often muck up the shipping, which is even more fun when tons of this shit is coming in from around the world! Bottom line, all the time, effort, and money was ruining game collecting and making it less than no fun. I switched to standard editions only--like it was back in the PS2 era and before, when it was way more fun--and I couldn't be happier. Much, much more detail in the video, if you want it haha.

This is a lengthy explanation from a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y4ik5Ddw0M

It feels good to be liberated, doesn't it?

I think sometimes the basic premise of collecting is lost with all these CEs released, and that is experiencing these games as you build a collection. That's where the real fun of it all lies. Looking through your collection and going "Yeah, this game was a blast, maybe I'll go back and play it again down the road" etc.

I know DR deservedly gets a lot of flack from customers, but the one thing I will say about them that is positive is that the stuff I get from them consistently arrives in better condition than the stuff I get from Amazon or BB.
I get huge delays and them stealing money and shipping stuff poorly and comes damaged. DR fits ubiblob i will buy from ebay i wont support DR

I get huge delays and them stealing money and shipping stuff poorly and comes damaged. DR fits ubiblob i will buy from ebay i wont support DR
I know many other people have ordered from DR and had problems, and I'm really not interested in defending them. However, from my own experiences, I've ordered from stores that use DR about 15 times now and have never had a problem. And stuff I've gotten consistently arrives in better shape than from Amazon or BB (not GS or NISA though), since they use boxes and not bubble mailers.

Ordering the steelbooks only, then pick up the games from BB for $48 after GCU + $10 RZ cert.      I can skip the pack-in extras between both titles on this version.  No question that these should have been included in the CEs, so I saw no reason to order the CEs without the steelbooks.

Netted out to about $67.05 each with tax (8% assumed for BB), netting two $10 RZ certs and losing the FC4 soundtrack + cloth map as well as the ACU art book and soundtrack.   

Sounds like an OK exchange in my book, with $20 future spending at BB.

Thanks OP. Another sweet steelbook to add to the collection! :D I just hope it gets here on time sometime on release week.

So I bought the Xbox One version, and it says it's delayed till 12/31, but also in my email it says PC download even though it says X1 version below it.

Ugh.. should have been in the CE's, just like everyone else has pointed out.

Still.. a part of my brain is telling me to buy both and swap out the plastic boxes from CE's with the steelbooks... GARH.. but that just supports more of this crap from Ubisoft!! GARH

No love.  No love at all.

Ugh.. should have been in the CE's, just like everyone else has pointed out.

Still.. a part of my brain is telling me to buy both and swap out the plastic boxes from CE's with the steelbooks... GARH.. but that just supports more of this crap from Ubisoft!! GARH

No love. No love at all.
exactly more people buy this especially buy only the steelbook more likely ubisoft will stop including steelbooks in CE's completely and begin selling the steelbooks exclusively through themselves.

exactly more people buy this especially buy only the steelbook more likely ubisoft will stop including steelbooks in CE's completely and begin selling the steelbooks exclusively through themselves.
I can see how they might think this is good for their customers since a lot of people who collect Steelbooks do not want to buy CE's to get them. I'd prefer they included the steelbooks in the CE's and also sold them separately like this. Make both types of customers happy!

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="12174965" timestamp="1413916848"]exactly more people buy this especially buy only the steelbook more likely ubisoft will stop including steelbooks in CE's completely and begin selling the steelbooks exclusively through themselves. [/quote]
I think they need a CE that is steelbook/season pass only. I don't give a damn about art books,maps, statues and all that other filler junk. Give me a beautiful steelbook and a season pass.

I can see how they might think this is good for their customers since a lot of people who collect Steelbooks do not want to buy CE's to get them. I'd prefer they included the steelbooks in the CE's and also sold them separately like this. Make both types of customers happy!
I agree. It's great to have the steelbook available separately as well as to have an LE with just a steelbook for a low premium, but I think it screws over the CE buyers to not have the steelbook included with the CE.

First time ordering through their site, so I'd appreciate some response on others making an order:  Is it standard for them to not send some kind of confirmation email of my order?  Thankfully I printed out a copy of the order, but when I contacted Ubi, they replied stating:  

At this time it is in a pre-order status and will remain so until the release date for the game. Once the products reach their release date you will receive a confirmation email that will include the shipping tracking number. 

I just found it odd considering I've *never* seen any other store not even send a confirmation email at the time of order despite it being a pre-order.  Thanks!

First time ordering through their site, so I'd appreciate some response on others making an order: Is it standard for them to not send some kind of confirmation email of my order? Thankfully I printed out a copy of the order, but when I contacted Ubi, they replied stating:

At this time it is in a pre-order status and will remain so until the release date for the game. Once the products reach their release date you will receive a confirmation email that will include the shipping tracking number.

I just found it odd considering I've *never* seen any other store not even send a confirmation email at the time of order despite it being a pre-order. Thanks!
I received a confirmation within minutes of the preorder. Maybe it got bounced by your spam filter or e-mail provider?

First time ordering through their site, so I'd appreciate some response on others making an order: Is it standard for them to not send some kind of confirmation email of my order? Thankfully I printed out a copy of the order, but when I contacted Ubi, they replied stating:

I just found it odd considering I've *never* seen any other store not even send a confirmation email at the time of order despite it being a pre-order. Thanks!
I got an email confirmation right after I placed my order.

$18 for the AC Steelbook is too steep for me.  I love steelbooks, but I'll have to wait for either a sale or promotion.  If the shipping were not $5.95, I'd consider it at $13.

$18 for the AC Steelbook is too steep for me. I love steelbooks, but I'll have to wait for either a sale or promotion. If the shipping were not $5.95, I'd consider it at $13.
exactly anytime the shipping costs is almost half the cost of the item then it a no go for me no matter how much I want it

exactly anytime the shipping costs is almost half the cost of the item then it a no go for me no matter how much I want it
That's why I'm buying the games from Best Buy via GCU and it'll end up being about the same as going through the Ubi store, plus $20 worth of RZ money to spend on something else. $20 worth of BB funny money is better than the pack-in extras on the steelbook versions.

I received a confirmation within minutes of the preorder. Maybe it got bounced by your spam filter or e-mail provider?

I got an email confirmation right after I placed my order.
Thanks for letting me know guys! I checked my Gmail spam folder but nothing shows up. Who was the sender/subject line for the emails you two got? The Ubisoft rep that I contacted did specifically say that my pre-order was successful, so I guess I have that to fall back on, but an "official" receipt would be nice.

Thanks for letting me know guys! I checked my Gmail spam folder but nothing shows up. Who was the sender/subject line for the emails you two got? The Ubisoft rep that I contacted did specifically say that my pre-order was successful, so I guess I have that to fall back on, but an "official" receipt would be nice.
Sender email on mine was <[email protected]> .

Man I wish I had $130 to drop to get the two PS4 Steelbook games, but the Dragon Age CE I preordered back in the summer has me stretched to my limit until Christmas. Hopefully stock lasts until after Christmas.

Does the Ubisoft store charge tax? If both games are bought together is there free shipping? Or how much is shipping for just 1 of the 2 games? Asking in case a family member buys it for me for Christmas as these will go on my list.

Man I wish I had $130 to drop to get the two PS4 Steelbook games, but the Dragon Age CE I preordered back in the summer has me stretched to my limit until Christmas. Hopefully stock lasts until after Christmas.

Does the Ubisoft store charge tax? If both games are bought together is there free shipping? Or how much is shipping for just 1 of the 2 games? Asking in case a family member buys it for me for Christmas as these will go on my list.
I'm in California, and the Ubisoft store charged me tax. They also did not give me free shipping for ordering multiple items.

I'm in Missouri and did not get charged tax. I got both the AC:U and FC4 steelbooks, shipping was $6.35. Total for the 2 was about $32.

Anyone know if these are G1 or G2 sized steelbooks? Guessing the AC:Unity one probably is but I'm curious about the Far Cry 4 one cause it's on old and new gen systems. I'd hate to get a G1 sized case sitting next to the rest of my PS4 games.

Anyone know if these are G1 or G2 sized steelbooks? Guessing the AC:Unity one probably is but I'm curious about the Far Cry 4 one cause it's on old and new gen systems. I'd hate to get a G1 sized case sitting next to the rest of my PS4 games.
The dimensions are on the page at the link: Height 17.14cm x Width 13.6cm, Spine 1.5cm

Although I strangely cannot find the typical dimensions of a G1 vs. G2 case, eyeballing those pictures leads me to believe they are both G1 (ACU and FC4). I would love to be proven wrong.

EDIT: I'll prove myself wrong. :) I just measured a G1 and a G2 case with a yard stick and the G1 is ~19mm tall and the G2 is ~17mm tall.

The dimensions are on the page at the link: Height 17.14cm x Width 13.6cm, Spine 1.5cm

Although I strangely cannot find the typical dimensions of a G1 vs. G2 case, eyeballing those pictures leads me to believe they are both G1 (ACU and FC4). I would love to be proven wrong.

EDIT: I'll prove myself wrong. :) I just measured a G1 and a G2 case with a yard stick and the G1 is ~19mm tall and the G2 is ~17mm tall.
Awesome thank you sir. I may have to splurge on both steelbooks. I'm not even sure I'm going to pick up Unity right away. I still haven't beat Black Flag.

I'm in Missouri and did not get charged tax. I got both the AC:U and FC4 steelbooks, shipping was $6.35. Total for the 2 was about $32.
Thanks but what if someone ordered the $65 game version of both items? I don't have preorders for these anywhere as I'm having to save money for the Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition.

On the Square Enix store the threshold for free shipping was $100 so that's why I was asking.

On the Square Enix store the threshold for free shipping was $100 so that's why I was asking.
That ended a long time ago, it wasn't in effect for the Theatrhythm: CC CEs. I ordered more than $100 worth of stuff on this one and didn't get free shipping either.

Shipping was only like $6.50 or something for what I bought though, it wasn't exactly a deal breaker IMO.

bread's done
Back