* * * * * 4 votes

Uplay Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity / Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition $64.99 and Steelbook Only deals (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Uplay Assassins Creed Unity Steelbook

#61 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

it is a uplay exclusive and no that why i passed on the deal to

Thanks! Decided to just pick up both to cut the shipping.

#62 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4210 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

Be careful with Digital River. Just a heads up, because they have done this before. If anyone here ordered both in the same order, they will probably wait until Far Cry 4 comes out and then ship both of them in the same box to save shipping costs. So you guys will probably get your AC Unity a week late.

Digital River is known for having a "don't ship until the entire order is available" policy.

This has happened many times. I know someone who ordered 3 games, and one of them turned out to be out of stock when they ordered it, so they literally waited like 5 months to mail all 3 games until they were all in stock at the same time. Has happened with many members here to varying degrees of insanity.

#63 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13735 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

So when do they charge you for the stuff

#64 kvntwvlf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:37 AM

The shipping is quite a lot even for just the steel book...am I missing a free code or something

#65 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

The shipping is quite a lot even for just the steel book...am I missing a free code or something

nope no code

#66 guerox4   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:32 AM

G2? These should have been included with the collectors editions

#67 InedibleFood  

InedibleFood

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

I think I'm in for both of the steel books. I'm in no rush to get them since I'll have the standard cases to keep the games in when I get them.

#68 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

Wow, the AC Unity Steel is probably the coolest one I have ever seen. I love that it looks like stained glass. I'm glad that I don't do Steels and CEs anymore because Fuck buying it at launch to make sure I get one, dealing with shipping issues, etc. But, for those that do still partake in the indulgence, that's a great piece.

#69 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4210 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:45 AM

What broke your spirit?

#70 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3879 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Wow, the AC Unity Steel is probably the coolest one I have ever seen. I love that it looks like stained glass. I'm glad that I don't do Steels and CEs anymore because Fuck buying it at launch to make sure I get one, dealing with shipping issues, etc. But, for those that do still partake in the indulgence, that's a great piece.

Definitely is great art. I just wish they didn't make it a steelbook. The actual image is from Tony Moore and Justin Kamerer as a very limited screenprint only given away at SDCC '14. Seeing it now as a poster in Canada and a uplay steel, in my opinion, depreciates the actual art itself.

http://angryblue.com...ins-creed-unity

#71 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

What broke your spirit?

Well, there were so many things lol. Basically, I finally 'clicked on' to the idea that CEs and steels are extremely exploitative of the consumer and are an unnecessary part of the hobby. There are more and more of them, they are getting bigger and more ridiculous, more expensive, usually very questionable quality, etc. Not to mention that I rarely even wanted anything that came in them: composer select soundtracks are crap, mini artbooks are neat in theory, but I just buy the full size ones anyway, plushes that I don't want, statues that I have never liked--and are usually shit quality. These things weren't even a part of video game collecting until the 7th gen--only a wee tiny bit in the 6th. When you look back over the 7th gen from early CEs like Perfect Dark and DMC4, then look to now--hell, just look at all of Ubisoft's high profile releases--it's just gross. Then there is also the time, money, and stress factor because I only want mint items. And people--and even companies--so often muck up the shipping, which is even more fun when tons of this shit is coming in from around the world! Bottom line, all the time, effort, and money was ruining game collecting and making it less than no fun. I switched to standard editions only--like it was back in the PS2 era and before, when it was way more fun--and I couldn't be happier. Much, much more detail in the video, if you want it haha.

This is a lengthy explanation from a while ago.

#72 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4210 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

It feels good to be liberated, doesn't it?

I think sometimes the basic premise of collecting is lost with all these CEs released, and that is experiencing these games as you build a collection. That's where the real fun of it all lies. Looking through your collection and going "Yeah, this game was a blast, maybe I'll go back and play it again down the road" etc.

#73 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

I know DR deservedly gets a lot of flack from customers, but the one thing I will say about them that is positive is that the stuff I get from them consistently arrives in better condition than the stuff I get from Amazon or BB.

I get huge delays and them stealing money and shipping stuff poorly and comes damaged. DR fits ubiblob i will buy from ebay i wont support DR

#74 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

I get huge delays and them stealing money and shipping stuff poorly and comes damaged. DR fits ubiblob i will buy from ebay i wont support DR

I know many other people have ordered from DR and had problems, and I'm really not interested in defending them. However, from my own experiences, I've ordered from stores that use DR about 15 times now and have never had a problem. And stuff I've gotten consistently arrives in better shape than from Amazon or BB (not GS or NISA though), since they use boxes and not bubble mailers.

#75 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Ordering the steelbooks only, then pick up the games from BB for $48 after GCU + $10 RZ cert.      I can skip the pack-in extras between both titles on this version.  No question that these should have been included in the CEs, so I saw no reason to order the CEs without the steelbooks.

Netted out to about $67.05 each with tax (8% assumed for BB), netting two $10 RZ certs and losing the FC4 soundtrack + cloth map as well as the ACU art book and soundtrack.   

Sounds like an OK exchange in my book, with $20 future spending at BB.

#76 Ranner   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Thanks OP. Another sweet steelbook to add to the collection! :D I just hope it gets here on time sometime on release week.

#77 DrewCroft  

DrewCroft

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

So I bought the Xbox One version, and it says it's delayed till 12/31, but also in my email it says PC download even though it says X1 version below it.

#78 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Ugh.. should have been in the CE's, just like everyone else has pointed out.

Still.. a part of my brain is telling me to buy both and swap out the plastic boxes from CE's with the steelbooks... GARH.. but that just supports more of this crap from Ubisoft!! GARH

No love.  No love at all.

#79 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Ugh.. should have been in the CE's, just like everyone else has pointed out.

Still.. a part of my brain is telling me to buy both and swap out the plastic boxes from CE's with the steelbooks... GARH.. but that just supports more of this crap from Ubisoft!! GARH

No love.  No love at all.

exactly more people buy this especially buy only the steelbook more likely ubisoft will stop including steelbooks in CE's completely and begin selling the steelbooks exclusively through themselves. 

#80 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

exactly more people buy this especially buy only the steelbook more likely ubisoft will stop including steelbooks in CE's completely and begin selling the steelbooks exclusively through themselves. 

I can see how they might think this is good for their customers since a lot of people who collect Steelbooks do not want to buy CE's to get them.  I'd prefer they included the steelbooks in the CE's and also sold them separately like this.  Make both types of customers happy!

#81 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7269 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

I think they need a CE that is steelbook/season pass only. I don't give a damn about art books,maps, statues and all that other filler junk. Give me a beautiful steelbook and a season pass.

#82 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

I can see how they might think this is good for their customers since a lot of people who collect Steelbooks do not want to buy CE's to get them. I'd prefer they included the steelbooks in the CE's and also sold them separately like this. Make both types of customers happy!

I agree. It's great to have the steelbook available separately as well as to have an LE with just a steelbook for a low premium, but I think it screws over the CE buyers to not have the steelbook included with the CE.

#83 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

First time ordering through their site, so I'd appreciate some response on others making an order:  Is it standard for them to not send some kind of confirmation email of my order?  Thankfully I printed out a copy of the order, but when I contacted Ubi, they replied stating:  

At this time it is in a pre-order status and will remain so until the release date for the game. Once the products reach their release date you will receive a confirmation email that will include the shipping tracking number. 

I just found it odd considering I've *never* seen any other store not even send a confirmation email at the time of order despite it being a pre-order.  Thanks!

#84 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5869 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

First time ordering through their site, so I'd appreciate some response on others making an order:  Is it standard for them to not send some kind of confirmation email of my order?  Thankfully I printed out a copy of the order, but when I contacted Ubi, they replied stating:  

At this time it is in a pre-order status and will remain so until the release date for the game. Once the products reach their release date you will receive a confirmation email that will include the shipping tracking number. 

I just found it odd considering I've *never* seen any other store not even send a confirmation email at the time of order despite it being a pre-order.  Thanks!

I received a confirmation within minutes of the preorder.  Maybe it got bounced by your spam filter or e-mail provider?

#85 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

First time ordering through their site, so I'd appreciate some response on others making an order: Is it standard for them to not send some kind of confirmation email of my order? Thankfully I printed out a copy of the order, but when I contacted Ubi, they replied stating:

I just found it odd considering I've *never* seen any other store not even send a confirmation email at the time of order despite it being a pre-order. Thanks!

I got an email confirmation right after I placed my order.

#86 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

$18 for the AC Steelbook is too steep for me.  I love steelbooks, but I'll have to wait for either a sale or promotion.  If the shipping were not $5.95, I'd consider it at $13.

#87 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

$18 for the AC Steelbook is too steep for me. I love steelbooks, but I'll have to wait for either a sale or promotion. If the shipping were not $5.95, I'd consider it at $13.

exactly anytime the shipping costs is almost half the cost of the item then it a no go for me no matter how much I want it

#88 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

exactly anytime the shipping costs is almost half the cost of the item then it a no go for me no matter how much I want it

That's why I'm buying the games from Best Buy via GCU and it'll end up being about the same as going through the Ubi store, plus $20 worth of RZ money to spend on something else.  $20 worth of BB funny money is better than the pack-in extras on the steelbook versions.

#89 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

I received a confirmation within minutes of the preorder.  Maybe it got bounced by your spam filter or e-mail provider?

I got an email confirmation right after I placed my order.

Thanks for letting me know guys!  I checked my Gmail spam folder but nothing shows up.  Who was the sender/subject line for the emails you two got?  The Ubisoft rep that I contacted did specifically say that my pre-order was successful, so I guess I have that to fall back on, but an "official" receipt would be nice.

#90 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for letting me know guys!  I checked my Gmail spam folder but nothing shows up.  Who was the sender/subject line for the emails you two got?  The Ubisoft rep that I contacted did specifically say that my pre-order was successful, so I guess I have that to fall back on, but an "official" receipt would be nice.

Sender email on mine was <ubishop.support@ubisoft.com> .