* * * * - 27 votes

GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

GameStop trade trade-in TIV values promos credit

#39901 style_unseen   Keep your hopes up high. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

style_unseen

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Can we buy Amazon Gift Cards still with trade credit? Sorry haven't been in the loop in years, just came back. Read the last few pages, didn't see anything about it.

#39902 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Can we buy Amazon Gift Cards still with trade credit? Sorry haven't been in the loop in years, just came back. Read the last few pages, didn't see anything about it.

FAQ page 1

#39903 Snakpakslacker   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Snakpakslacker

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

I tried to buy an Amazon gift card yesterday with trade credit and was declined by a manager. They may be cracking back down on this but it still works in the system as far as I know.

#39904 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

I tried to buy an Amazon gift card yesterday with trade credit and was declined by a manager. They may be cracking back down on this but it still works in the system as far as I know.

Are you sitting there holding your trade card in your hand the whole time? You just give them the card and tell them put X dollars on it, then open your wallet and swipe before they can say anything. 

#39905 ritchardf  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

i havent read the FAQ, but as far as amazon gift cards, #1 dont let them know how you are paying, #2 dont try to buy them in the same transaction as a trade in. I try to mix them in with psn credit, in my experience, if there are alot of cards they just flip them over to the bar code and scan them all.

#39906 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

yesterday all 4 stores scanned the $5 coupon without me asking, but then they added "free protection" and "free pre order" for me.....meh whatever 

#39907 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

yesterday all 4 stores scanned the $5 coupon without me asking, but then they added "free protection" and "free pre order" for me.....meh whatever

'Free' lol

#39908 major morgan  

major morgan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

How much were you trying to buy? If you were trying for a large amount (like $200+), I could see it raising a red flag to the manager. I know it's always YMMV, but just a thought. I've been able to buy $50, $50 and $100 at 3 different stores without any of the associates blinking an eye.

On a totally separate note, I had bought 2 copies of Black Ops 2 PS3 a few weeks back with the 4/$20 and thought I'd pick up a copy of Black Ops 1 and try to trade it in as the "combo pack". The ASL taking my trade wouldn't go for it - saying all multi disc collections/combo packs/compilations need to have the cover art to be taken in as such. So instead of a $16 profit, I took < $1 loss. 'Twas worth trying! I'm curious how many people have actually been successful trying a "combo pack" trade.

#39909 darthprime99  

darthprime99

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

On a totally separate note, I had bought 2 copies of Black Ops 2 PS3 a few weeks back with the 4/$20 and thought I'd pick up a copy of Black Ops 1 and try to trade it in as the "combo pack". The ASL taking my trade wouldn't go for it - saying all multi disc collections/combo packs/compilations need to have the cover art to be taken in as such. So instead of a $16 profit, I took < $1 loss. 'Twas worth trying! I'm curious how many people have actually been successful trying a "combo pack" trade.

Was successful for both attempts I made.

#39910 Djchanclaface   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Djchanclaface

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

200.gif

I try to avoid conflict no matter what, but I would lose my shit if that happened. I'm not sure if this would help, but I would leave my cell phone number and say "feel free to contact me" on the survey in case the district manager wants to speak with you. Maybe they'd compensate you somehow. I would also put the time and date from the receipt on there in case they can review the surveillance footage and watch him make the switch.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and they already have all of that info from that receipt ID number you type.

Didn't think of cameras. Good point. Hopefully shows what happened. Always the chance I am wrong and it was a mistake.

I assume the survey info ties back to that info. I'll mention it too.

#39911 MRW2276   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

Anyone done a trade today and confirmed values held?

#39912 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3608 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

yep, just got back about 15 mins ago and values held.  Did PvZ GW2 PS4/X1, WWE 2k17 360, Soulsilver, Heartgold, Zelda MM, all on west coast time.  Couldn't make it yesterday so I'm glad I was able to dump the stuff this morning.  Thought I'd have to do a mass return this wee.

#39913 Kyle1022  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

Deader works at GameStop and confirmed it hours ago. But yes, I did a trade an hour ago and values still held

PSA: Since the values held, y'all should convert your points from Sunday and Monday into credit. I know people like saving for Cyber Monday, but I always run out of things to spend them on, since they expire after a week or two

#39914 Snakpakslacker   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Snakpakslacker

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

I was only buying a $25 gift card while trading in some games and picking up a couple others. The manager stated they are treated like Visa gift cards and cannot be bought with credit. I didn't push it at all and had luck with my previous ones, just the first time I got any pushback.

#39915 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Just gave them a call to check that nba 2k17 is still at 25 and it was. Should hold true for all the other bumps.

Also, NBA for both 360 and PS3 is on sale at bestbuy today for 16 after GCU. New hidden gems added to the list so you don't have to pre order multiple copies of RIME.

#39916 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Can confirm boost is live. Traded in Prototype bundle for $26.50

#39917 Bocomac   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

was a no go at one store, two others took it without issue

#39918 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Deader works at GameStop and confirmed it hours ago. But yes, I did a trade an hour ago and values still held

PSA: Since the values held, y'all should convert your points from Sunday and Monday into credit. I know people like saving for Cyber Monday, but I always run out of things to spend them on, since they expire after a week or two

Real talk! I remember deals were hard to come by. 

Uncharted Collection and GoW3 remastered are some nice ones to cash out points. $18.99 used and trade in for $18.75

#39919 ggnorekthx   SysAdmin and NetAdmin CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ggnorekthx

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

How much were you trying to buy? If you were trying for a large amount (like $200+), I could see it raising a red flag to the manager. I know it's always YMMV, but just a thought. I've been able to buy $50, $50 and $100 at 3 different stores without any of the associates blinking an eye.

I did 4 separate trade-ins of the collection.  I had zero problems at the first three stores - in fact, at one store, the guy was like "Let's see which trade in gets the most money... oh!  the bundle is way better, let's do that" 

At the 4th store (of course), the girl was in a super rotten mood and totally shot me down and tried to run them separately.  When I showed her the value on the app on the phone she gave me the story about the cover art.  I think she knew what I was doing so I didn't press it and added a 5th store to my trip which did the trade no problem.  YMMV, but in general if you tell them you bought it as a collection, lost the art/case for it, and show them the app if they seem confused, it should go pretty well.  $26 is a lot better than $10... (EDIT: Mathed wrong, $10 not $7)

#39920 major morgan  

major morgan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

Was successful for both attempts I made.

was a no go at one store, two others took it without issue

I did 4 separate trade-ins of the collection.  I had zero problems at the first three stores - in fact, at one store, the guy was like "Let's see which trade in gets the most money... oh!  the bundle is way better, let's do that" 

At the 4th store (of course), the girl was in a super rotten mood and totally shot me down and tried to run them separately.  When I showed her the value the on the app on the phone she gave me the story about the cover art.  I think she knew what I was doing so I didn't press it and added a 5th store to my trip which did the trade no problem.  YMMV, but in general if you tell them you bought it as a collection, lost the art/case for it, and show them the app if they seem confused, it should go pretty well.  $26 is a lot better than $7...

Dang, you guys sure lucked out there. #jealous  :razz:

#39921 c.gibbits   Back to the roots. CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

c.gibbits

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

Will todays values really change mid day? I wont be able to get to GS til after 5:00 PST... 

#39922 Kyle1022  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Will todays values really change mid day? I wont be able to get to GS til after 5:00 PST... 

Last time a trade bump lasted till Tuesday the values dropped around 10am PST. I would say there's a good chance the values last through today because of the holiday yesterday

#39923 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

I usually have enough points to buy back at least one used high dollar game at a zero cost. Helps churn points and keeps the games you want without losing value by trading.

#39924 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Can someone who used a B2G1 renewal coupon on multiple sets of 3 this weekend confirm it still works? The system will automatically sort the list of the games by highest price and make every 3rd game free?

#39925 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Oh, man, there's no worse feeling than an extra day of trading after you already wore yourself out and committed to unwinding. It's like unbuckling your belt and watching football Thanksgiving night and getting called back into the kitchen for the second course!

I wanted to play battlegrounds today not drive around to five Best Buy's looking for PS3 games that sell for double what you buy them for!!!

I through my plastic bag full of receipts (to remember how many copies of a game I traded) and all the shrinkwraps jumbled together like Homer Simpson's backyard art into the storage closet in my garage.

:D :D

pacinogodfatherthree.gif

#39926 chard19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Can someone who used a B2G1 renewal coupon on multiple sets of 3 this weekend confirm it still works? The system will automatically sort the list of the games by highest price and make every 3rd game free?

Yes just did it a couple hours ago

#39927 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

I was wrong.

#39928 edgar23cb  

edgar23cb

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

So is it recommended not to use the b2g1 coupon on more than 15 games?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

#39929 An actual noob  

An actual noob

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

I did more than that twice yesterday with no problems. If anything the employees were ecstatic about it. YMMV of course, there are some in this thread who will tell you otherwise but it's up to you.

#39930 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

I'm going to try it in a few hours on like 30 games, hope it works.