* * * * - 26 votes

GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

GameStop trade trade-in TIV values promos credit

#61 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

is any1 else here still being hounded by gs employees about being pre-approved for gs credit card, and signing up for it?

#62 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

is any1 else here still being hounded by gs employees about being pre-approved for gs credit card, and signing up for it?

It's not going to end anytime soon. They even have t-shirts promoting it. There's signage all over the place with "buy this PS4/XB1 for $83 a month". Stores around here have turned the registers around so that the customers can type in their own info when applying.

#63 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

It's not going to end anytime soon. They even have t-shirts promoting it. There's signage all over the place with "buy this PS4/XB1 for $83 a month". Stores around here have turned the registers around so that the customers can type in their own info when applying.

yeah, i saw the registers being turned around too. but i just want to get out of the stores as soon as possible after the hounding. i saw some guy picking up his DA:I preorder, got tricked into signing up for credit card. LOL

#64 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16508 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

The guys at the mall store were listening to a conference call while I was in there, and they were having a tough time aligning the stated goals of "satisfying the customer" and "getting the customer to spend as much money as possible".  Because most people who walk into a store are looking for ways to spend more money, they just don't know how.  I feel for the employees.

#65 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

The guys at the mall store were listening to a conference call while I was in there, and they were having a tough time aligning the stated goals of "satisfying the customer" and "getting the customer to spend as much money as possible". Because most people who walk into a store are looking for ways to spend more money, they just don't know how. I feel for the employees.

I thought someone mentioned that there was going to be a prompt stating "customer has declined CC" or something. That would be nice. There is a "customer has never..." section on the POS screen. I found that kind of scary for some reason.

#66 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10622 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

SMH

http://www.khou.com/...obber/19166921/

rsz_11351009_1606865476227093_1240183299764128.pngrsz_1download.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Gears 4, Madden 17, & NBA 2K17   :ps4: TR RotTR   :wiiu: TBD   :360: TBD    :ps3: TBD   :vita: TBD

#67 Ratmonkey  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

I thought someone mentioned that there was going to be a prompt stating "customer has declined CC" or something. That would be nice. There is a "customer has never..." section on the POS screen. I found that kind of scary for some reason.

When the cc first came out I was asked with a prompt on the card scanner with the choice to say never ask again or something and i haven't been asked since.

Although i do frequent gamestop a lot less since they ended the promotions and I got gcu. So......

#68 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

as he was leaving the store the gamestop employee asked if he'd like to sign up for a credit card

#69 robErob  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:30 AM

A little off topic, but I was at a GS today and the manager told me that you can use your $ off PUR coupons towards season passes and such. Well I know they took away the ability to use PUR coupons towards POSA cards but can anyone confirm whether or not you can use the $ off coupons on xbox live or PSN currency when its sold through the computer?

#70 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

SMH

"I'm going to need a game to play on this system too"

#71 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

"I'm going to need a game to play on this system too"

i wonder what system he took, the ps4 or xbox one. maybe a wii-u, i heard it has great values

#72 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12605 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:05 AM

i wonder what system he took, the ps4 or xbox one. maybe a wii-u, i heard it has great values

Hey, it *is* the most powerful 4th Gen console!

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#73 sbaker44  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

SMH

That used to be my home store that I went to all the time.

#74 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9923 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:36 AM

Is the 50/25/10 coupon glitch confirmed dead ? I remember donut commenting a while back but can't remember if we got confirmation.

Only certain registers were testing out the new POS as a sort of pilot/trial experiment.  Not sure if that pilot study is still going on but for the stores that were using them, I observed that only 1 register would be loaded with the new POS.  The rest are using the old POS.  One manager at a store even showed me.  

If you want to take advantage of the glitch, now is the time to do it.  When the new POS goes live, the glitch will be patched.  Sadly, I found out the hard way and lost 55,000 points on picking up a CoD preorder  :-(

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Inside

:xb1: Gears of War 4

#75 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1121 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

Is the 50/25/10 coupon glitch confirmed dead ? I remember donut commenting a while back but can't remember if we got confirmation.

I can confirm it still works on the old pos .It's actually the first time I've done it myself , all 3 of my local gamestops have always only allowed one $ off coupon at a time. Most of the guys are cool and know me especially my main store so I've never pressed the issue . I was cashing out a 50$ off coupon and I noticed the fine print right before you submit which actually says you can use 2 coupons as long they're different $ amounts . I showed them the fine print and used a 50$ and a 25$ off and the 25$ off is still in my account . Again I didn't want press my luck or I would of used 2 more but pretty happy with extra 25$ .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#76 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   9368 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

A little off topic, but I was at a GS today and the manager told me that you can use your $ off PUR coupons towards season passes and such. Well I know they took away the ability to use PUR coupons towards POSA cards but can anyone confirm whether or not you can use the $ off coupons on xbox live or PSN currency when its sold through the computer?

I can't answer this definitely since I have not done it but granted the kongregate coupons worked on those, I don't see why these won't work on the ones printed off the POS. On the other hand didn't someone say if they added a qualifying item to the transaction (like a 99 cent game) it did apply to the POSA cards?

Spoiler

#77 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4435 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

Do Power Up Reward points expire? TIA
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#78 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:56 AM

Yes, 1 year of inactivity to your PUR account, but you'd be either playing something from Kong's Badge of the Day, or buy/trade something to even keep it going if you hardly use the points on your PUR account, lol. X3

#79 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:24 AM

What's it mean when it shows this:

A pending hold?

#80 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:32 AM

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

A pending hold?

It means they are below a certain number of copies, I think it's 3.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#81 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   35866 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

It means they are below a certain number of copies, I think it's 3.

I think he means with regards to there not being a "Pick Up At Store" button to click underneath.

I might be late in noticing this, but Lightning Returns: FFXIII is now $19.99 used (on PS3 only, for some reason), so you can use a b-day coupon + PUR to get it for less than GS's $19.99 new price on BF.

http://www.gamestop....asy-xiii/110480

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing:  :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: Persona 5 :ps3: The Evil Within: The Assignment/Consequence :vita: Period Cube; Persona 4 Golden (NG+); Salt & Sanctuary

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Pac-Man (4.25/5) :vita: Sky Force Anniversary (4.0/5)

#82 sovereignNX-73811   finally finished a game this year CAGiversary!   5553 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Well I actually managed to get my old 40GB drive back in my fat PS3. Had to do a full (not quick) format in NTFS on my PC before the PS3 wanted to format the HDD the way the PS3 should instead of directly trying to update the firmware.

I could use an expert opinion if I should keep my fat PS3 or just trade it off while I can get $60 for it. Can anyone help?

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#83 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

Untitled.png

A pending hold?

the few times i have gone to get am item like that, they had one in stock.

My Tradelist (Always updated pretty well)

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

philip25033 on PSN and Wiiu

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#84 Ratmonkey  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

Well I actually managed to get my old 40GB drive back in my fat PS3. Had to do a full (not quick) format in NTFS on my PC before the PS3 wanted to format the HDD the way the PS3 should instead of directly trying to update the firmware.

I could use an expert opinion if I should keep my fat PS3 or just trade it off while I can get $60 for it. Can anyone help?

Dude, not as a CAG but as a gamer, I would keep it for nostalgia. That being said, with electronics best bet is to sell sooner than later.

EDIT: So I guess i just said i was no help at all

EDIT PT2: I have a dreamcast and a saturn

#85 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Not an expert. But I'd say that unless it's a backward compatible model, get rid of it asap as it's a ticking time bomb.

EDIT: I like turtles.

My Trade List featuring xbox credit & 12 mo gold sub.

#86 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

I think he means with regards to there not being a "Pick Up At Store" button to click underneath.

Yep, that is what I was inferring.

I'm guessing you don't have the answer to that one Vigilante?

#87 robErob  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

I can't answer this definitely since I have not done it but granted the kongregate coupons worked on those, I don't see why these won't work on the ones printed off the POS. On the other hand didn't someone say if they added a qualifying item to the transaction (like a 99 cent game) it did apply to the POSA cards?

Thanks. Can anyone confirm if this works or not?

#88 Ratmonkey  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

EDIT: I like turtles.

I love lamp....

#89 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   9368 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Yes, 1 year of inactivity to your PUR account, but you'd be either playing something from Kong's Badge of the Day, or buy/trade something to even keep it going if you hardly use the points on your PUR account, lol. X3

What NeoStryCat said but to add to it, there is an easier way to keep the points from expiring. Check in from the GS app and it gives you 5 points per day or do one of the xp rewards surveys from the PUR site and get 10+ points thereby gaining points and keeping them from expiring without the need for buying or trading anything.

Spoiler

#90 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7287 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

I forget, how do we tell if a register is upgraded to the new POS system? I've never tried the coupon glitch but I might give it a shot before it's too late..

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler