* * * * - 27 votes

GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

GameStop trade trade-in TIV values promos credit

#901 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

For just GS or online at any store? I used it online at BB and I returned what I bought and the funds were refunded that day. They just scanned the receipt and did the return as they normally would. Gave me the return receipt and I was on my way.

edit- should be the same process at GS.

Thanks. I use PayPal exclusively at Best Buy. Just wasn't sure if they did the same at GameStop or if they have to give you cash back or something.

#902 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

Didn't know where to ask this, but figured people in this thread would know best. Anyone use PayPal online yet and had to do a return? The Zelda 3DS XL just came back in stock and bought one using my PayPal and asn't sure how it gets refunded in case it's not in the best of shape. Thanks in advance!

I did a Paypal refund through them. Pretty much I had to call, get a shipping label, write a note asking for refund, sent it back, the day after they received it back, I got my refund deposited back into my Paypal account. Not real sure how it would work if you used a Paypal credit card or bank transfer, but I used funds that have just been hanging in my Paypal account.

Bobby's Universe might be referring to the fact that PSN is still down and they (or anyone else, myself included) can't login to their accounts. PSN and XBLive were allegedly hacked on Christmas by a group called 'Lizard Squad.' XBLive is up and running again, the wait continues for PSN to go online.

I did not know this. I haven't really surfed the web too much in the past few days. Good to know.

I can't verify the licenses since I can't sign in, so I'm locked out of my content

That is shitty.

#903 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

I did a Paypal refund through them. Pretty much I had to call, get a shipping label, write a note asking for refund, sent it back, the day after they received it back, I got my refund deposited back into my Paypal account. Not real sure how it would work if you used a Paypal credit card or bank transfer, but I used funds that have just been hanging in my Paypal account.

I see. Did you try doing it in store? Otherwise, I might cancel this order if that's the hassle I have to go through in order to process a PayPal return.

#904 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

i guess this is a case by case thing? my psn has not been down at all. ive got friends on right now and i am able to access the playstation store and all of my digital content.

It could be case by case, I was able to login twice sometime yesterday. It kicked me out after the first time so I tried again was able to login again. After that though I wasn't able to login again until after 3am this morning. Don't know if I can login right now as I haven't tried yet. When I do I'll let everyone know if it worked.

Edit: I was able to login with no trouble. I'm guessing PSN is good to go again for anyone who hasn't been able to login for the past couple of days.

#905 jedi0077   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

Whats Little Big Planet 3and Madden 15 ps4 these days?

#906 ThePriceIsRight   Kupo b*tch!! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

ThePriceIsRight

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

Whats Little Big Planet 3and Madden 15 ps4 these days?

LBP3--> $27
M15--> $20

#907 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6694 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Never seen GS so busy in my life--SHEESH!

And, people still are NOT smart with their money. Tsk, tsk.

#908 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think a lot of the Xmas sale crowd is just shopping for games after getting their next gen consoles.  

#909 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

I would never buy a game at full price ever at gamestop since GCU came out. I sigh everytime I'm in line and I see someone pay full price for a game thats cheaper at Amazon or Best Buy outright.

#910 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

I would never buy a game at full price ever at gamestop since GCU came out. I sigh everytime I'm in line and I see someone pay full price for a game thats cheaper at Amazon or Best Buy outright.

Same here my friend, when I went to gamestop today, I saw a mother give in to the demands of her, what looked like, 12 year old child who wanted GTA 5 for the xbone to "be a badass and do hookers."

#911 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

I see. Did you try doing it in store? Otherwise, I might cancel this order if that's the hassle I have to go through in order to process a PayPal return.

I didn't try in store. I returned a couple of those shitty PS3 grab bags.

Really it wasn't too painful to return, but I got no idea how the return would work if you go to a store and you used Paypal online. It did tie up my Paypal funds for about a week.

#912 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

Same here my friend, when I went to gamestop today, I saw a mother give in to the demands of her, what looked like, 12 year old child who wanted GTA 5 for the xbone to "be a badass and do hookers."

In 30 years that kid will be a CEO of a multimillion dollar corporation.

#913 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

What is funny about that is that last night I walked to GS to see my buddy, and got stopped by 2 kids, no older than 12 that asked me if I could go buy something for them, since Gamestop told them they couldn't buy M rated games. I told them to age and then they could play it.

...Or in prison.

#914 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2185 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

...Or in prison.

Maybe he'll be the CEO of a multimillion dollar prison.

#915 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

What is funny about that is that last night I walked to GS to see my buddy, and got stopped by 2 kids, no older than 12 that asked me if I could go buy something for them, since Gamestop told them they couldn't buy M rated games. I told them to age and then they could play it.

...Or in prison.

yeah, gs always card me, when buying m rated games. target/ bestbuy only does it sometimes.  apparently, you cannot even trade in, if you are not over 18 at bestbuy. i saw some under 18 yrs old kids get denied from trading in at bestbuy today

#916 Biff Top Johnny   Your Ad Here CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Biff Top Johnny

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:56 AM

So gamestop no longer accepts PUR coupons if a game is on sale. What bull$&>t

#917 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

So I have a PS4 controller I want to trade to get one of them good ol fancy colors, but it has a little tear on one of the thumbsticks. How much of a refurb fee would I be hit with?

Start flippin that credit to BB and get dat GCU.

#918 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2585 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

Some clueless mom today asked me at Gamestop what the best WiiU game is right now.

She walked out with Sonic Boom five minutes later.

#IHelped

That lady is smart. Can't go wrong with sonic boom.

#919 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:36 AM

I'm not sure where else to ask this, so I thought I would post it here. Doesn't gamestops holiday return policy apply to both new and used games?

I tried to return a couple of used games I bought in November, and the store manager told me that the holiday return policy only applies to new unopened games and wouldn't let me return them. What's up with that?

#920 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:36 AM

Double post. sorry.

#921 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13635 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

I'm not sure where else to ask this, so I thought I would post it here. Doesn't gamestops holiday return policy apply to both new and used games?

I tried to return a couple of used games I bought in November, and the store manager told me that the holiday return policy only applies to new unopened games and wouldn't let me return them. What's up with that?

Manager is an idiot.  Just go to a different GS to return them.  The holiday return policy is at the bottom of the receipt.

#922 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:02 AM

Manager is an idiot.  Just go to a different GS to return them.  The holiday return policy is at the bottom of the receipt.

That's what I plan on doing tomorrow. I'm rather irritated with that manager. I even showed him the bottom of the receipt and his response was, "No - the receipt says 'all new products must be unopened', so the holiday return policy only applies to new games."

BAH.

#923 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13635 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:07 AM

That's what I plan on doing tomorrow. I'm rather irritated with that manager. I even showed him the bottom of the receipt and his response was, "No - the receipt says 'all new products must be unopened', so the holiday return policy only applies to new games."

BAH.

If he was the store manager, and you have a receipt from his store laying around nuke him on a survey.

#924 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15070 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:07 AM

yeah, gs always card me, when buying m rated games. target/ bestbuy only does it sometimes.  apparently, you cannot even trade in, if you are not over 18 at bestbuy. i saw some under 18 yrs old kids get denied from trading in at bestbuy today

Trades are totally dependent on local pawn laws. In St. Louis City, you must be 18 with a valid state ID and be fingerprinted/picture taken. In St. Louis County it's all of that minus the fingerprint/picture. In Jefferson County it's all good as long as you're not doing cash, otherwise it's 18 with ID.

In terms of carding for M-rated games, GS general policy is to card any individual that looks under 30. For major midnight releases they have to card EVERYONE regardless of age. That's also to prevent people from getting someone's copy of the game or the money from cancelling a preorder.

#925 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

If he was the store manager, and you have a receipt from his store laying around nuke him on a survey.

I bought a game (that I also plan on returning) specifically for this purpose! 

I just needed some extra confirmation first that I hadn't gone crazy and Gamestop changed the policy while I wasn't looking. Thank you.

#926 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

My 75 year old grandma got carded at Target. I was messing around the Amiibos and she came over and asked if I had ID on me so she could buy some games. I just laughed and the guy apologized and was like "it's my job man, don't be mad."

Say What? No shit? Good thing I didn't burn a coupon on Dragon Age this weekend.

#927 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13635 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:22 AM

My 75 year old grandma got carded at Target. I was messing around the Amiibos and she came over and asked if I had ID on me so she could buy some games. I just laughed and the guy apologized and was like "it's my job man, don't be mad."

The one CS guy at a Target near me is permanently on my shit list after he walked away and refused to help me when I wanted him to type in my birthdate instead of scanning my ID when I was PMing a game one time.

(protip: typing in the birthday doesn't require an override, so no need to have your ID scanned/swiped at target)

#928 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

Anyone know if the 50% off guides is still valid tomorrow?

#929 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:27 AM

The one CS guy at a Target near me is permanently on my shit list after he walked away and refused to help me when I wanted him to type in my birthdate instead of scanning my ID when I was PMing a game one time.

(protip: typing in the birthday doesn't require an override, so no need to have your ID scanned/swiped at target)

That sounds like a guy at my local Gamestop "Jason."

He told me yesterday Dragon Age Inquisition was an Xbone exclusive when I asked if they had any for PS3...then he told me it was PS4/Xbone....then he walked in the back and played on his phone.

#930 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6694 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

Anyone know if the 50% off guides is still valid tomorrow?

It says offers valid 12/26-12/30 so I hope so.