Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update is from 11/16/14 but deal was posted today - Are these from the old thread? In that case, it'd be nice if a link to the old thread is also updated in the OP.

Is Wolfenstein for PS4 dead? or it just the store price are differ from online prices? I just got charged $19.99 for it since the guy doesn't want to ring it up unless I buy it.

Is Wolfenstein for PS4 dead? or it just the store price are differ from online prices? I just got charged $19.99 for it since the guy doesn't want to ring it up unless I buy it.
Read the FAQ please! But to answer your question, the prices on my list are guaranteed to be correct. As an employee, we go by what is on the sticker the majority of the time, but due to various reasons, the game prices might be outdated.

Your best bet would be to return the game and try again. Next time however, bring up the case that doesn't have a sticker and give it a shot. I'm not supposed to say, but we can edit the prices at the time of transaction if we need to ;(

Read the FAQ please! But to answer your question, the prices on my list are guaranteed to be correct. As an employee, we go by what is on the sticker the majority of the time, but due to various reasons, the game prices might be outdated.

Your best bet would be to return the game and try again. Next time however, bring up the case that doesn't have a sticker and give it a shot. I'm not supposed to say, but we can edit the prices at the time of transaction if we need to ;(
THe problem is I brought a case without the sticker and they said they can only sell the ones with a sticker. So I got the one that said 19.99,but when she rang up, it was 12.99. So I guess there is no need to manually change it because in my case the Wolfenstein price was the same as online, despite the sticker being outdated

THe problem is I brought a case without the sticker and they said they can only sell the ones with a sticker. So I got the one that said 19.99,but when she rang up, it was 12.99. So I guess there is no need to manually change it because in my case the Wolfenstein price was the same as online, despite the sticker being outdated
Having the power to change the price, we can increase the price from $12.99 to $19.99 to match the outdated sticker if we wanted to.

Having the power to change the price, we can increase the price from $12.99 to $19.99 to match the outdated sticker if we wanted to.
Would they do that? Would they assume that the price incorrect in the database and manually adjust it up to the price on the sticker? That sounds like back in the 8th grade my history teacher lowered my grade on an exam because she didn't see I got a question wrong. Sucks! :)

See, that's part of why I wouldn't even bring up cases, unless I was asking about a bunch of unmarked games. When I went to check out EA SPORTS UFC on the PS4, someone here mentioned it as being $30. When I got there, I just asked the guy up front what the sale price of the game was, never even brought up the case. When he said it was $30, I went and grabbed an unmarked case. I did so because the cases all had $40 stickers on them, and I didn't want him questioning it. I did that because I basically got him to verify the ability to sell me the game, so there wouldn't have been a reason to question the lack of a case sticker.

Would they do that? Would they assume that the price incorrect in the database and manually adjust it up to the price on the sticker? That sounds like back in the 8th grade my history teacher lowered my grade on an exam because she didn't see I got a question wrong. Sucks! :)
I wouldn't, but some employees are by the book and will follow through with the outdated stickers if need be. I won't do that though ;)

Is Family Video doing any sort of Black Friday deal this weekend? I noticed the past few years that games are typically labeled that are ready for sale that hadn't necessarily been priced to sell beforehand, and that a sale happens as well. Usually it seems to be the '$12.99 = $9.99, $9.99 = 3 / $21, $7.99 = 2 / $10 (or whatever the equivalent is), etc.' 

I have to work tomorrow but I'd love to be able to load my backlog up with some more games when I get home :)

Is Family Video doing any sort of Black Friday deal this weekend? I noticed the past few years that games are typically labeled that are ready for sale that hadn't necessarily been priced to sell beforehand, and that a sale happens as well. Usually it seems to be the '$12.99 = $9.99, $9.99 = 3 / $21, $7.99 = 2 / $10 (or whatever the equivalent is), etc.'
I have to work tomorrow but I'd love to be able to load my backlog up with some more games when I get home :)
At my store, all games that are $9.99 are $7.99 and that's it lol. It really depends on the store but good luck! :)

At my store, all games that are $9.99 are $7.99 and that's it lol. It really depends on the store but good luck! :)
Right on, thanks for the reply! I'll keep my fingers crossed and head in there tomorrow. I actually live 2 houses away from a Family Video. It's just been such a long day with driving to multiple families and having a nice relaxing evening with no toddler that I'm willing to wait until tomorrow to check it out :pray: Plus, I'm working in a different town tomorrow, so maybe I'll check theirs out as well!

Saw two copies of Forza Horizon 2 XBO marked $19.99

Assuming its errant tagging
I'd totally buy it at that price, but when you factor in things like getting the snow off of my car, driving outside, and being in public on Black Friday, I can't do it. I just can't.

the 10% off is only if you've rented the game.  they do have a $5 off $50 or free ship option online.  GTA V for xbox one is on sale for $49.99 but because it's under $50 I couldn't use the $5 off. Otherwise I probably would have bought it.

the 10% off is only if you've rented the game. they do have a $5 off $50 or free ship option online. GTA V for xbox one is on sale for $49.99 but because it's under $50 I couldn't use the $5 off. Otherwise I probably would have bought it.
Hmm, I tried it with Wolfenstein and it worked. Maybe it only works on used games?

No luck on games, but I dropped in to my FV tonight and picked up 47 Ronin 3D and 300 Rise of an Empire 3D (both 3D discs only, no DVD or Blu in complete cases with slipcovers) for 4.99 each.  Not too shabby, I guess.

My Family Video is great at marking down movies (really the only place I buy movies now unless there is a steelbook of the movie I want) but so few games are marked down and act pissed if you ask them if they will be marking any down. My store has one Metal Gear marked at $19.99 and an Amazing Spider-Man at $29.99 and that's it for PS4. I'd love to get Wolfenstein at the prices in the OP but alas of the three FV in town, none have marked theirs down.

My Family Video is great at marking down movies (really the only place I buy movies now unless there is a steelbook of the movie I want) but so few games are marked down and act pissed if you ask them if they will be marking any down. My store has one Metal Gear marked at $19.99 and an Amazing Spider-Man at $29.99 and that's it for PS4. I'd love to get Wolfenstein at the prices in the OP but alas of the three FV in town, none have marked theirs down.
My guess would be that those still rent fairly well :) If you see that they don't rent out often, then that FV isn't doing their job correctly hehe

I'm not on this site as much these days but was looking through some BF/Cyber Monday deals and saw this new thread started.  Thanks for the shout out jvang117!  I don't know how things are these days when it comes to FV deals, but the company always treated me well, so glad to see another out there bringing it back.

I'm not on this site as much these days but was looking through some BF/Cyber Monday deals and saw this new thread started. Thanks for the shout out jvang117! I don't know how things are these days when it comes to FV deals, but the company always treated me well, so glad to see another out there bringing it back.
I am honored :) Thank you, XT14!

I'm not on this site as much these days but was looking through some BF/Cyber Monday deals and saw this new thread started. Thanks for the shout out jvang117! I don't know how things are these days when it comes to FV deals, but the company always treated me well, so glad to see another out there bringing it back.
How was Japan?

My two copies of Wolfenstein are also stuck in the same "fulfillment" stage.....three more days until my "5-10" days shipping is over....ugh

Just got an update from Family Video....

Thank you for your recent order.

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) is/are no longer available:

1 x Wolfenstein: The New Order : Xbox One (USED)

We have canceled the item(s) on your behalf and issued a refund for the canceled title(s).

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to offer you a $2.00 OFF coupon for your next order at FamilyVideo.com.

Simply enter the code below at checkout and redeem your discount:

Just got an update from Family Video....

Thank you for your recent order.

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) is/are no longer available:

1 x Wolfenstein: The New Order : Xbox One (USED)

We have canceled the item(s) on your behalf and issued a refund for the canceled title(s).

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to offer you a $2.00 OFF coupon for your next order at FamilyVideo.com.

Simply enter the code below at checkout and redeem your discount:
Dang, I am sorry to hear that. You wouldn't happen to have a FV near you now would you?

Nothing stellar but saw borderlands pre-sequel for $30 and walking dead season 2 for $20 both for 360.

Side note my store finally had things marked down

bread's done
Back