* * * * - 50 votes

Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

#1021 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

I have extras of Little Mac and Diddy Kong, I'm looking to trade them for Marth, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer if anyone is interested.  Drop me a PM.  

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

#1022 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:29 AM

I have extras of Little Mac and Diddy Kong, I'm looking to trade them for Marth, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer if anyone is interested.  Drop me a PM.  

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Translation: I bought many Diddy Kongs and Little Macs and want to get $50 figures for them. Now less people in my area will be able to get these because I bought them all.

#1023 Jardarpp  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

Translation: I bought many Diddy Kongs and Little Macs and want to get $50 figures for them. Now less people in my area will be able to get these because I bought them all.

Hey be nice to the guy. You know if it wasn't him, it would have been someone else anyway.

#1024 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:32 AM

This is going to get "real" once we see two individuals fighting for an amiibo in store.

If I cannot track down a dam Diddy Kong figure. It is on Nintendo. Two things are going to happen.

1. Going to make my own amiibos
2. My wallet will just be filled with money

This is just like that Special Edition PS4 Fiasco. Makes me sick to my stomach. Ridiculous.

#1025 Wort_Wort  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:33 AM

All of these people talking about buying multiples to sell, make bank, and I'm just sitting here, wanting them for myself.

#1026 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1217 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

I bought 1 extra Diddy Kong and 2 extra Little Mac, enough to trade for the figures I missed out on.  Last time I checked $12.99 + tax is a lot cheaper than $50.  Do the math, bruh.

#1027 cobraguy  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:39 AM

The misses found out last night that there was three villagers and one marth at a tru about thirty minutes away from me last night at one am while picking me up a zelda and extra little mac in case my best buy order falls through. I got off work at 4 am, accidentally slept in past thirty minutes from when they open and I called the store. First thing the man said was that they are sold out of all the new ones and I asked him about Villager and Marth since those will complete my set (also need to get one for my nephew as the only game he plays is animal crossing on the DS). Looks like it will be amazon.fr for me, if anyone is also thinking of doing amazon for M/V, PM me since shipping is pretty standard whether its one or over four items.

#1028 kvntwvlf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

Marth from any country is going for $50+ on ebay so if you really can get them for $16 from French amazon then do it.

#1029 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10298 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

I bought 1 extra Diddy Kong and 2 extra Little Mac, enough to trade for the figures I missed out on.  Last time I checked $12.99 + tax is a lot cheaper than $50.  Do the math, bruh.

So what your asking for is someone to trade for a figure that seems to be long and gone since it's release day that seems to sell for quite a bit for a few figures that haven't been released widely and only creating a false demand because of speculation and resellers?!?!

#1030 Haar  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

went to work today and typed in the dpci for marth and we had one sitting in the back and i bought it. lucky!

Technically, you can get fired for doing that, so be careful (this coming from a guy who worked at Target for years).

#1031 ToadKirby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

ToadKirby

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

Holy shit, the hoarding is real. Went up to TRU to grab Donkey Kong and Zelda to finish both waves respectively (As long as Amazon and BB don't screw me), and saw some dude with like 4 of each Diddy and LM in his cart, and absolutely none left on the shelves. Still like 4+ pegs left of Zelda though.

Not really sure what the heck Nintendo was planning, but it feels a bit ridiculous for a major store to run out of these in barely a day and not being able to restock them.

God damn that is sad.  I don't know who to blame more.  Nintendo for under producing some figures or hoarders for blatantly buying stuff up and feeding this "rarity" and "demand".  Now obviously there is a lot of real demand, but this rarity thing is starting to get to me.  Things should become rare naturally after many years, not whatever the heck this situation is.

I will stick with my one of each (hopefully depending on that japanese Marth preorder I made 9 days ago) and never sell them.  I actually want these stupid things for some stupid reason.  Must be nice to not care and just buy them to flip.

#1032 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

Went to Target last night, they had a full stock of all wave 1 (except the 3 discontinued ones) and full stock of 3 wave 2 (about 10+ zelda, 6+ diddy, and 3-4 little mac). I go today and the shelf is 75% empty of all figures, all new ones gone. Went to TRU, GS, and Bestbuy and they were just about the same way except GS and TRU had some zeldas. Crazy. I picked up my Wii Fit Trainer I ordered for in store pickup at BB, they put the giant sticker on the plastic part of it so it came off easily.

#1033 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10298 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:57 AM

All you resellers can suck it!!!!

I bought the rest today since I couldn't wait for a good price or descent sale since a false demand is being created. I left Kirby though, that one seems to be plentiful no matter where I go.

DSC01013_zpsc026edfe.jpg

#1034 Bluejuan85   Red Savarin Validating   153 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Bluejuan85

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

Managed to pre order Meta Knight, Shulk and I had to wait for when TRU opened pre orders again for the third time on Lucario and managed to secure two pre orders for him. Now to wait for Rosalina and Wave 3 pre orders are complete.

#1035 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

So what your asking for is someone to trade for a figure that seems to be long and gone since it's release day that seems to sell for quite a bit for a few figures that haven't been released widely and only creating a false demand because of speculation and resellers?!?!

Well obviously not right now, in the future.  And only if they do become rare... If not, they will make great post Holiday gifts.

#1036 ajumbaje   West Coast born East Coast raised CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

wonder if it's worth getting into these lol. Seems fun fwiw

#1037 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

I'm going to go to a few Target's and Walmart's tomorrow morning to look for these.

#1038 allfires  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

Keep in mind that Best Buy should be updating their site with a B1G140%Off shortly. Chances are it will glitch and allow it to work for amiibos for a short time. Might be worth it for people who haven't started collecting yet.

#1039 Electro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   481 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

Keep in mind that Best Buy should be updating their site with a B1G140%Off shortly. Chances are it will glitch and allow it to work for amiibos for a short time. Might be worth it for people who haven't started collecting yet.

Thats for instore only. Hopefully it glitches with buying 2 amiibos will get you a $20 gift card :D/

#1040 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

It's in store only.

#1041 KuHLiiDE   Yoko Taro <3 CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:24 AM

Finally caved in and bought a pair since TRU is doing that special and got Zelda and Fox. I like collecting small figures/vinyls in general, so I'll keep these in my collection. I went with what you guys seemed a bit uncommon ATM so down the road I can just grab the more common ones. I enjoy see through plastic to keep them untouched/unopened. If anything the quality reminds me of Formation Arts, but just a couple notches down.

Spoiler

#1042 SlyCoug  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

Tempted to order marth and wft from Amazon France. I know the writing on the bottom of the Japanese figures is different from the us. Anyone know if the European figures also have any difference on the bottom of the figures themselves?

#1043 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

All you resellers can suck it!!!!

I bought the rest today since I couldn't wait for a good price or descent sale since a false demand is being created. I left Kirby though, that one seems to be plentiful no matter where I go.

DSC01013_zpsc026edfe.jpg

only nerds keep these badboys sealed. 

#1044 equistina  

I'm only going to collect ones that come from series that have some sort of hold over me. So I'm pretty much getting any Mario, any LOZ, and Donkey Kong, and Star Fox, any Kirby, and any ORIGINAL pokemon. I don't need the new pokemon. Oh and if I can find Marth for a decent price then I'll do Fire Emblem

#1045 Most Crispy  

Most Crispy

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:47 AM

So what you're saying is you need the hard to find rare amiibos.  :rofl:  :rofl:

Pretty much. As I said before, I'm not going out of my way to hunt any of these down and I'm definitely not paying a premium to get them. They'll find their way to me at a decent price eventually.

#1046 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

Found a Diddy Kong and a Zelda at a Target today. Diddy sold fine, Zelda said street date 12/14 and they refused to sell it to me. Went to a TRU and got Zelda. C'mon Target, step your game up.

#1047 elbarto1  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

They'll find their way to me at a decent price eventually.

I wish I shared your optimism.

I hope some get restocked, but I doubt it.

#1048 Joshe   :3 CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

I bought my Little Mac today. Just need to preorder rosalina and keep hoping for zero suit.

#1049 LegendAssassin  

LegendAssassin

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

Anyone want to trade a Diddy Kong for a Little Mac?

#1050 Most Crispy  

Most Crispy

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

I wish I shared your optimism.

I hope some get restocked, but I doubt it.

I just find it hard to believe that some of these will NEVER get restocked. Amiibo has been a thing for, what, not even a month now? I think it's just the holiday shopping madness that has everybody freaked out about the availability of these things. If they eventually come down in price or are made available again, cool. If not, I won't be upset about it.