* * * * - 33 votes

PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Poll: PS Plus (37 member(s) have cast votes)

If PlayStation Plus stopped giving away free games, would you unsubscribe?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41431 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36757 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

I dont mind the challenges normally, but on Vita I can see them being a pain as the sticks arent as comfortable on the thumbs.  Nor as accurate.

The 10th Challenge is just so poorly designed in general that I don't see it being much better on PS3. For me, the Satyrs combined with the floaty physics were the problem in beating the challenge on Vita, not the sticks.

#41432 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

The 10th Challenge is just so poorly designed in general that I don't see it being much better on PS3. For me, the Satyrs combined with the floaty physics were the problem in beating the challenge on Vita, not the sticks.

I remember that was one of the harder ones but I think there was a solid strategy to it.  Those Satyrs are just sons of bitches!

#41433 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

wxmtw63.png

I am not a big fan of McDonald's in general.  Even less so now that they got rid of the bacon habanero quarter pounder.  This looks to be the same thing but with bourbon sauce instead.  I would give it a try, but I assume I would prefer the spicy taste over the sweet taste that a bourbon sauce would give it.

#41434 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36757 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

I remember that was one of the harder ones but I think there was a solid strategy to it.  Those Satyrs are just sons of bitches!

I had a solid strategy--hit Square after parrying to sweep (hopefully) most of the enemies off of the platform--but there were times when more than one enemy would attack at once and/or interrupt that attack, so it felt more luck-based than skill-based. And I hate luck-based stuff like that.

#41435 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36757 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

I hope you're getting Mortal Kombat X through your library, MildPete:

Based on all the DLC lined up, there'll probably be a Komplete Edition in a year or so.

#41436 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

Now that I see that picture, I think I remember glancing over that burger on the menu last week at McDonald's. 

#41437 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

Those Satyrs are just sons of bitches!

I used to think they were easily the worst addition to the GoW universe.  Those assholes in Ascension that would tunnel under the ground and attack you gave them a run for their money.

#41438 equistina  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...-132146181.html

I never would have imagined someone would do that... :/

#41439 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

I had a solid strategy--hit Square after parrying to sweep (hopefully) most of the enemies off of the platform--but there were times when more than one enemy would attack at once and/or interrupt that attack, so it felt more luck-based than skill-based. And I hate luck-based stuff like that.

I honestly didnt think it was luck.  They are just difficult to deal with.  Personally for me, OlliOlli seemed more luck based trying to do some of those damn tricks you seemed to do easily! 

I used to think they were easily the worst addition to the GoW universe.  Those assholes in Ascension that would tunnel under the ground and attack you gave them a run for their money.

I still give the Satyrs the nod.  Those guys under the ground were in other GoW games I thought no?  I also think there was a strategy to them as well.  I think you can block them or something or stop them every time with certain actions.

Ascension is easily the worst of the entire series though.  I still liked playing through it but didnt love it like the other games.

#41440 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

Yeah I still have yet to figure out why anyone is excited for Mighty #9.  It looks blah.  And like garbage compared to those other cheaper games.  I dont care if it is the next mega man or not.  Its so...plain.

What the hell did that guy do with all the money? 

#Kickstarterisdumb

OH you mean Inafune who went on and on about the lack of creativity and how Japan's gaming is dying? Then he leaves Capcom to form his own company to create the same game he's been making for years? Then creates some other company to put the same game out on the  3DS called Azure Striker Gunvolt?   :wall:

#41441 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

I still give the Satyrs the nod.  Those guys under the ground were in other GoW games I thought no?  I also think there was a strategy to them as well.  I think you can block them or something or stop them every time with certain actions.

Ascension is easily the worst of the entire series though.  I still liked playing through it but didnt love it like the other games.

They were around before.  I seem to remember them changing them slightly for Ascension and they were a bigger pain in the ass though.  I could definitely be wrong.

#41442 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

I was just gonna come in here and make a sarcastic comment about how these trophy names/descriptions are so helpful in telling you what you need to do:

http://www.playstati...agrad/trophies/

But then I looked at the actual plat description and it looks like every trophy is for collecting a scroll in the game.  So 36 scrolls, 36 trophies (not including the plat).  That's a weird approach.

#41443 Sagemoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3755 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Sagemoon

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

wxmtw63.png

I'd try it if I find a mcdonalds that carries it. Of course that'd also mean I'd have to go to a mcdonalds, so it'll probably never happen. 

#41444 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

I was just gonna come in here and make a sarcastic comment about how these trophy names/descriptions are so helpful in telling you what you need to do:

http://www.playstati...agrad/trophies/

But then I looked at the actual plat description and it looks like every trophy is for collecting a scroll in the game.  So 36 scrolls, 36 trophies (not including the plat).  That's a weird approach.

Where the hell did that game come from?  You have a review code for it or something?

#41445 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

Where the hell did that game come from?  You have a review code for it or something?

I'm going to be getting one, yeah.  Game comes out a week from today on PS3/PS4 with a Vita version "later."  It's been out in Japan and EU for quite awhile.  Thought I'd look up the trophies before hand.  Glad it fits the #AA theme too.

#41446 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...-132146181.html

I never would have imagined someone would do that... :/

Welcome to the 80s. "He didn't give up. He got down."

#41447 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16706 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

I hope you're getting Mortal Kombat X through your library, MildPete:

Based on all the DLC lined up, there'll probably be a Komplete Edition in a year or so.

Nope, I'll be doing the bby flipperydoo route on this one. I'll probably play it for a week or two and get my feet wet before trading it back in (and then hopefully pick up the inevitable complete version later).

I'm also going to make an effort to stream it (mic and all) for an hour or so on release week so you guys can watch me get smacked around.

#41448 equistina  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Welcome to the 80s. "He didn't give up. He got down."

Never even heard of that movie before, but that was before my time. That would get so much backlash now, no one through a fuss when that came out?

#41449 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7729 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

Never even heard of that movie before, but that was before my time. That would get so much backlash now, no one through a fuss when that came out?

A fuss over a movie?

Kind of strange the guy couldn't get special consideration for being an American Indian though.

#41450 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

A fuss over a movie?

Kind of strange the guy couldn't get special consideration for being an American Indian though.

I also dont get why this is a big deal.   A minority pretended to be another minority in order to get into a medical school.  Also, wow.  A 3.1 GPA and your black and you can get into med school?  Sounds to me like they dont have many blacks even applying so he didnt take away from someone who was really black anyway.

#41451 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7593 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

A fuss over a movie?

Dot. Not feather.

#41452 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

I'm going to be getting one, yeah.  Game comes out a week from today on PS3/PS4 with a Vita version "later."  It's been out in Japan and EU for quite awhile.  Thought I'd look up the trophies before hand.  Glad it fits the #AA theme too.

Seems odd that it has been out in EU for a while and there is no trophy guide on ps3t with the plat percentage being so high.  Game looks fun. 

#41453 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Seems odd that it has been out in EU for a while and there is no trophy guide on ps3t with the plat percentage being so high.  Game looks fun.

Apparently there are lots of video guides out there from the Steam version, so that's what people are using. I think it came out in Wii U awhile back as well.

#41454 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12726 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Guys, do I buy the Robin and Nightwing Arkham City DLC? How about the New 'n Tasty DLC? I forgot all about this stuff. :wall:

Arkham would really just be in case I ever get the silly idea to grind out 100%.

You can get the GOTY edition of Arkham City for ~7 bucks if you use a birthday coupon at Gamestop.  http://www.gamestop....-edition/101489

#41455 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30592 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

You dont get why lying about your race on official documents is a big deal?

#41456 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

4 hour sale at Best Buy (weird, I've never heard of them doing something like that before):

https://www.cheapass...ale-for-gamers/

The Order is $30/$24 GCU.

#41457 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

It does look fun now that I searched it. I guess I had it confused with something else. What's that other Myst-y game that starts with a T that's coming to PS4?

#41458 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

You dont get why lying about your race on official documents is a big deal?

Not for med school.  Nope.  And also because he is a minority anyway so it really isnt a big deal to me.  The bigger deal is that he had a 3.1 GPA and got into med school.  A good med school too...

#41459 Sagemoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3755 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Sagemoon

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

4 hour sale at Best Buy (weird, I've never heard of them doing something like that before):

The order worth it at $24? Or should I wait it out for under $20?

#41460 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12726 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

It's basically a free rental if the BB TIV holds with the 30% bonus.

http://www.bestbuytr...ory=Video Games