* * * * - 31 votes

GameStick $17/$20 (in store/online) at Gamestop

#1081 Squall280   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Squall280

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

best way to shut the device off?

#1082 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   683 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

I don't know that it's possible to install custom firmware on the Ouya, but there are some tweaks and fixes to get Google Play store to work well, and between that, Amazon app store and simply sideloading downloaded APKs I can make the Ouya do whatever I want. Check out this vid, the description tells you what exactly you need with links, follow the directions exactly:

I'm not sure if it's possible to actually buy from Google Play on the Ouya, but buying on my phone, cancelling the download, then pulling it up on "My Apps" on the Ouya works perfectly.

Yes, yes there is...

#1083 1teaney  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

If you have the dock just hold in the power button. Without the dock just unplug it. This device was designed to work this way so don't be concerned.

#1084 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Excellent. Will check to video out. Appreciate the response.

I don't know that it's possible to install custom firmware on the Ouya, but there are some tweaks and fixes to get Google Play store to work well, and between that, Amazon app store and simply sideloading downloaded APKs I can make the Ouya do whatever I want. Check out this vid, the description tells you what exactly you need with links, follow the directions exactly:

I'm not sure if it's possible to actually buy from Google Play on the Ouya, but buying on my phone, cancelling the download, then pulling it up on "My Apps" on the Ouya works perfectly.

#1085 troublebreathing   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

troublebreathing

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Have there been any updates to the custom firmware for this thing that improve performance/ gamestick controller compatibility?

#1086 omargm   CAG Veteran Validating   252 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

does this help? if not I am sorry.

Thanks for the responsa mate. Seems like it can work. I will chech it out. Thank again!

#1087 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

Link Pick the system you want to emulate. Then on the next page select Android as the platform you want to emulate on.

Much thanks!

#1088 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   683 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

Definitely check out http://www.happychick.hk/

#1089 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2063 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

What happens if I factory reset this thing? I'm thinking about selling mine because I want something more powerful but I don't want to screw it up.

#1090 elbarto1  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:53 AM

It keeps the CFW Rom on it but wipes the data.

I already did this when I was having issues w being able to download from play store.

You'll need a gamestick Rom to restore it to normal.

No idea where to find one.

#1091 dizturbed19   CAG Padawan Silenced   250 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

dizturbed19

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

This may have been asked but how do you update the spmc to kodi?

#1092 omargm   CAG Veteran Validating   252 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

Here and select ARM http://kodi.tv/download/

#1093 Kanik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

How do people do multiple controllers on Android???

I've tried emulators on both this and the Amazon Fire Stick.  Using the Gamestick controller and a Gamestop Android controller, and their keys are mapped to different presses (A, B vs Button 1, Button 2) but their DPADs are both synced to "DPAD" so pressing it on one acts as if pressed on another.  Essentially I can't get it working because their left sticks / dpads are linked to the same commands.  So pressing on one stick presses it for both players.

#1094 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Here and select ARM http://kodi.tv/download/

Does this actually update the SPMC app or do you end up with a separate Kodi app?

#1095 Dysheekie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Does this actually update the SPMC app or do you end up with a separate Kodi app?

You'll end up with a separate app.

#1096 omargm   CAG Veteran Validating   252 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Mine was updated =/

#1097 1teaney  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

What happens if I factory reset this thing? I'm thinking about selling mine because I want something more powerful but I don't want to screw it up.

Download this file  That is firmware version 2071 from GameStick support. Unzip the file and there are instructions inside.

#1098 Dysheekie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

Mine was updated =/

That's odd, mine shows Kodi and SPMC.  They are 2 separate apps, so it's very strange that Kodi would update your SPMC.

#1099 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Mine was updated =/

imo not possible, check your app drawer.

#1100 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

press button on dock or pull it out.

#1101 elbarto1  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Start here:
http://www.tvaddons....installer-kodi/
Continue here:
http://www.tvaddons....ig-wizard-kodi/

#1102 DoctorCharlesNichols   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

DoctorCharlesNichols

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

This also may have been asked, but which is the best mame emulator to go with? 

Thanks

#1103 omargm   CAG Veteran Validating   252 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

Im sorry to ask again but i am using kodi and i cant put the movies on full screen. Can someone show me how to do it please?. I am moving all the options but i just cant doit.

#1104 xeroblade   Hadouken! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Im sorry to ask again but i am using kodi and i cant put the movies on full screen. Can someone show me how to do it please?. I am moving all the options but i just cant doit.

You may have to change the settings in kodi itself to 720p. or check your settings of the gamestick itself. I heard people having this problem with Kodi only. That is why I stuck to using SPMC or TVMC. I didnt have to change any settings and it plays fine.

Though I do have a question for any one. Has anyone successfully streamed a local 720p mkv file from the pc to the gamestick via spcm/tvmc and managed to have it work without buffering every so often? I cant be the only one having trouble. thanks.

#1105 pfiffy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

I'm not yet very familiar at all with inner-workings/procedures/structures of android...

Is there a relatively easy way to duplicate (exact same structure, apps, etc.) one Game Stick to a second?

Is it possible to clone an an exact copy of an existing Game Stick to a second Game Stick (both sticks already modded to CF 1.4) without having to manually set the second stick up from scratch?

Any procedures that could be shared would be appreciated...

#1106 omargm   CAG Veteran Validating   252 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

You may have to change the settings in kodi itself to 720p. or check your settings of the gamestick itself. I heard people having this problem with Kodi only. That is why I stuck to using SPMC or TVMC. I didnt have to change any settings and it plays fine.

Though I do have a question for any one. Has anyone successfully streamed a local 720p mkv file from the pc to the gamestick via spcm/tvmc and managed to have it work without buffering every so often? I cant be the only one having trouble. thanks.

Thank you so much for the response mate! It worked.

#1107 xeroblade   Hadouken! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

I'm not yet very familiar at all with inner-workings/procedures/structures of android...

Is there a relatively easy way to duplicate (exact same structure, apps, etc.) one Game Stick to a second?

Is it possible to clone an an exact copy of an existing Game Stick to a second Game Stick (both sticks already modded to CF 1.4) without having to manually set the second stick up from scratch?

Any procedures that could be shared would be appreciated...

I think there is but if you can't even handle just rooting a second one, then you are not going to like all the shit you have to do to just copy a rom over to the other one.

#1108 Tyga24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

So does this ring up at $17 in store or do I have to a hold for pick up to get it at that price? I need to do some trade-ins and haven't done the pick up process before.

#1109 pfiffy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

I think there is but if you can't even handle just rooting a second one, then you are not going to like all the shit you have to do to just copy a rom over to the other one.

I can handle it- As stated in original post above, both Game Sticks are already rooted... Not difficult.

I'm talking about saving time making a clone of the first Game Stick I now have working acceptably, without all the time needed to find reinstall all the apps, roms, etc.

#1110 xeroblade   Hadouken! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

I can handle it- As stated in original post above, both Game Sticks are already rooted... Not difficult.

I'm talking about saving time making a clone of the first Game Stick I now have working acceptably, without all the time needed to find reinstall all the apps, roms, etc.

I hear you but i am literally just going to tell you to stop being lazy and just do it yourself? I mean if you have a google account it should keep all your apps and then you just go through and download them again. I mean is it that tough to copy the micro sd over to another micro sd thats full of roms? I mean yea something like that would be neat, but I never thought it was too tough to copy my old android phone to my new one.