* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#42571 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:11 AM

ObqO0Hs.png

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#42572 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

Oh and there's this gem.

https://steamcommuni...848855026699472

l7ZRxFI.png

Jonny is too busy with his pedis to pay his bills right now I guess.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#42573 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5151 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:28 AM

In welcome news to the AC series, Ubi is skipping 2016 and the next AC is coming out in 2017 and is set in Ancient Egypt. Great setting and Im glad they're taking a year off. (Aside from the two Chronicles games coming next week and next month).

http://kotaku.com/so...ppin-1750937895

I enjoy the franchise and Syndicate was a step in the right direction, but they really needed to take a year off. 

Didn't ubisoft have two teams working on AC anyways with one team releasing a game every other year...?  Either way it will help with series fatigue and maybe with sales.  I don't doubt I'm the only one who gave up after realizing they would never catch up with them releasing a new title every year. 

(Also a really great setting.)

#42574 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5033 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

For you perverts waiting for this. 

Spoiler

nah.. i prefer that Golden Axe-clone, Greenlit game with skimpy bikini girl.  I am still waiting for it to be bundled and buy it instantly

#42575 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5033 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:33 AM

"Sale" with quotations was more like it.

Steam "Sale" for XMas/New Years was complete and utter garbage.

My Steam Haul = EMPTY.

now, tell us about your DRM-Free haul from GoG...

#42576 vlt1p  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:35 AM

Oh and there's this gem.

l7ZRxFI.png

Well what the Fuck. I was waiting for this.

#42577 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:44 AM

I guess that's fitting that the first daily deal after the Winter Sale is 25% off

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#42578 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13713 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:47 AM

Got this e-mail from Coinplay.io exactly an hour ago:

dbc91961-436d-4e8a-aa6c-b11d3e5ab4ac.jpg

Rise of the Phoenix Bundle 8 Steam keys    10 Steam games    3 Soundtracks    Starts at $1

Happy New Year! Let's kickoff 2016 with awesome games and music from Phoenix Online Publishing. You'll love these games!

Don't bundle sites normally wait until the bundle goes live to advertise it? Because, uhh, you can't buy it. Something must've been pulled.

#42579 spoderman  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:50 AM

y r u gaise subscribed to coinplay's newsletter? do u like being entertained by shitty bundles

GUtUP1U.jpg

#42580 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:51 AM

Don't bundle sites normally wait until the bundle goes live to advertise it? Because, uhh, you can't buy it. Something must've been pulled.

Descent Underground is probably in it.

#42581 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8695 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:59 AM

8 Steam keys

10 Steam games 

3 Soundtracks

Okay, so.

The Last Door CE

Cognition

Moebius: Empire Rising

Face Noir

Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar

Lost Civilization

Quest for Infamy

Supreme League of Patriots

... the only other thing I can think of that they've worked on is the Gabriel Knight remake and King's Quest (which is not going to be in this.) Do they consider Supreme League of Patriots to be three games?

And the 3 soundtracks would have to be for Moebius and the two Cognition OSTs.

#42582 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8347 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:02 AM

That Humble Monthly is calling my name.  I have 0 of those games -.-

Might sub then unsub right away.

#42583 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8695 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:03 AM

That Humble Monthly is calling my name.  I have 0 of those games -.-

Might sub then unsub right away.

You won't get those games. You get Alien Isolation and next month's games.

#42584 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8347 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:04 AM

You won't get those games. You get Alien Isolation and next month's games.

Yup just saw that...now I'm sad :(

Was really hoping for Talos, Spelunky, The Masterplan.

Whelp...guess I'll wait for a $1 sale lol

#42585 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13713 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:09 AM

8 Steam keys

10 Steam games 

3 Soundtracks

Yep, this is probably exactly right. Coinplay never puts together a good bundle. They're only good for giving away free games.

#42586 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:15 AM

Yup just saw that...now I'm sad :(

Was really hoping for Talos, Spelunky, The Masterplan.

Whelp...guess I'll wait for a $1 sale lol

Those are all selling cheap in the Trade thread

#42587 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8347 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:21 AM

Those are all selling cheap in the Trade thread

Link to this trade thread.  Or is it the actual thread forum page on CAG?

#42588 vlt1p  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

Link to this trade thread.  Or is it the actual thread forum page on CAG?

https://www.cheapass...deals/page-1420

#42589 Modest Package  

Modest Package

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

I still have my full monthly if you want it. Was going to try to get them to refund it but I'm dragging my feet. They didn't give me a Payday 2 key either, I'd see if I can get that at least.

#42590 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23465 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

now, tell us about your DRM-Free haul from GoG...

GOG Winter Sale Haul = EMPTY.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#42591 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8695 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

GOG Winter Sale Haul = EMPTY.

You didn't even get the game they were giving away? :o

#42592 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8190 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:08 AM

Coinplay did the same thing with their Holiday Bundle.  They announced it a week or so before it went live.  They must take their inspiration from Groupees.

#42593 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23465 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:52 AM

You didn't even get the game they were giving away? :o

Okay, maybe I did get one game. I'd have to check my history there.

Lemme look.

EDIT:

I think you're right - was Giants: CK the freebie? 

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#42594 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5326 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:38 AM

Coinplay did the same thing with their Holiday Bundle.  They announced it a week or so before it went live.  They must take their inspiration from Groupees.

They're doing better than Groupees, then, since they actually bothered to send out an email about the bundle. I've missed about a dozen music bundles because I didn't know about them until after they'd launched.

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#42595 fore1337   exquisite diet of hot dogs and coke. CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

fore1337

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

okok  Here's my obligatory Haul

Spoiler

76561197970519780.png

#42596 spoderman  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:48 AM

They're doing better than Groupees, then, since they actually bothered to send out an email about the bundle. I've missed about a dozen music bundles because I didn't know about them until after they'd launched.

Groupees was doing you a favor

GUtUP1U.jpg

#42597 Motiv   A Deuterium persona CAGiversary!   2352 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:22 AM

Oh and there's this gem.

Well what the Fuck. I was waiting for this.

I just randomly checked Groupees and my Steam key and itch.io key were both added. I guess Jonny finally paid up. 

PSN: Deuterium

#42598 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5151 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Windward update

Oh, since it was talked about earlier...  I've gotten 2 cards, played 98 minutes, hosted a 4 pack bought via steam.  Either I'm not eligible for a refund, the two hour wait isn't going on anymore, or maybe just certain people have it happening too.  (I've never used a card idle program, and have never refunded.  I'm also in marketplace debt, having spent more than earned.) 

Okay, hour and a half in, my impressions are very favorable.  Its not a very complicated game as you don't have to worry about wind direction, combat options seem to be limited (no, going for the sails or mast to limit an opponents movements, going for the crew with grapeshot, or no boarding actions either) but there is some practicable things you have to worry about...  aka you have to turn broadside to other ships to shot your cannons at them.  There also seems to be no ship damage for ramming other ships.  Though this is likely a good thing as you have PC controlled ships from your faction around and there can be allot of ship banging if you have a 3 (or more) ships from your faction in combat with a single pirate ship.

Factions, I don't know how many there is or all of their advantages but some favor certain types of ships (or quests) and can get those types cheaper (or those quests refresh more often), etc.  Stuff that's been done allot before. 

XP System, level up unlock traits and skills to put points in...  Skill trees look allot like Borderlands.  (three total, each tree has two sides, looks at some point that you can unlock specializations.

Ship Upgrades, sort of like loot.  You can find them, buy them... Seem to be random.  They don't seem to make or break you but they do surely help out.  Crew, Cannons, Hull, Captain, Mast/Sails, etc. (There surely seems like a lot) are all loot slots.  This loot is even color coded like you would expect in a Diablo styled game.  I've seen White, Light Green, Dark Green, and Blue so far.  And like I said before there's more than one type of ship too buy too.

(There is also tools that can be found that allow you to dive on sunken ships or have an easier time salvaging floating barrels and whatnot..) 

Quest, track down pirates, defend towns, take on passengers, discover new towns, are all quests I've seen...  There's likely more as I've only seen my faction and pirates so far.  You can also just carry cargo and sell it at a new location for hopeful profit.  (Rumors tell you what other towns want and this knowledge shows up on that screen so its very easy to make the right choices.)

I hate to say, "its allot like Diablo/Borderlands" but it kind of sorta is...  The big difference is there's no boss fight to show you how much your ship has improved... 

All and all its all very relaxing and quite enjoyable...  :)

TL:DR If it was bundled tomorrow I wouldn't be upset.  I would just be happy that more people got to play it

PS I'm playing in a single player game right now...  It also has online, direct connect, maps are random though you seem to have some say over them...  Steam Workshop is a recent addition.

#42599 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

Despite all the pissing and moaning about how shitty the sale was it looks like quite a few of  you still bought a lot of stuff. I picked up more than i thought i would but mostly cheap little things. I was going to wait for Undertale to drop more but f it. I want to play it

I snagged;

Undertale

The Undergarden

Akane the Kunoichi (needed an extra key for my niece)

Dreaming Sarah

Boneless Zombie

LISA: Complete Edition

The Forgotten Forest

JRPG Bundle

Transistor

Jackbox Party pack

Goat Simulator + GoatZ

Depnds on what it did, if you let Steam save your payment info, it'll have <insert name>'s Paypal account, which iirc didn't let me choose the funding source and my paypal defaults to my checking account. Otherwise, haven't ran into not being allowed to change the funding source. 

Yea looks like thats what happened. Theres 2 listings for paypal payment and i guess the saved one auto pays from your bank account... which is kinda dumb

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#42600 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

Looking over all these "haul" lists, I note a severe lack of HuniePop.

I will ASSUME you bros already have it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free