* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#90061 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22471 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

If there are fifteen of them... how can they all be 'final' fantasies?

philosoraptor.jpg?1291090164

Well, Fighting Fantasy got renamed to Final Fantasy (original NES game) b/c it could've been Square's last game with all of their on-going financial issues....but, it sold well enough to keep them in business. And well...the rest is history; Square's still at it.

EDIT:

He wanted to get out......

Spoiler

Yep. Also titled Final Fantasy b/c FF1 was supposed to also be Sagakushi's last. 

So much for that; he made it all the way to FFX.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#90062 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

It was cloudy for most of the morning, but we got to see the totality more or less and then good partial afterwords.

image.png

5490.png

#90063 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19633 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:58 AM

I didn't have the glasses so it just got slightly dim out here but nothing impressive.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#90064 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

can't connect to steam servers from about an hour. tried a lot of things... nothing works. I've been having a lot of issues with steam servers lately... I think I may start buying more DRM-free games from now on (Hi GOG)

#90065 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

It was cloudy for most of the morning, but we got to see the totality more or less and then good partial afterwords.

image.png

That's pretty cool!  We were nowhere near that level of totality here in MA:

36673816176_2a71caa5aa_o.jpg

fs_overall.png

#90066 weretable   This is the water and this is the well. CAGiversary!   465 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

91% here, I think.  I didn't even look outside.  Total or bust.  2024 it is going to be a two hour drive from me so assuming I'm alive in seven years that will be an ideal time for me to see it.

#90067 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3661 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

Waiting for Digital Homicide to come out with Eclipse Simulator on Steam

#90068 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6012 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

Have the week long deals been phased out when I wasn't looking? I went over to steam to see if there was anything of interest in this week's deals, and I can't find any mention of it on steam. And the direct link in this thread's OP doesn't appear to work anymore.

#90069 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9654 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

Just got home from an 11 hour drive. Had I known it would be eleven hours, I might have stayed home but it should have been maybe a five hour drive except for the extra 70,000 people on I-57. Fortunately, we went down the night before. Anyway, we had a clean break in the clouds just in time for 2m40s of totality bliss. My phone took really poor photos but I mainly just experienced it and trusted NASA to take pictures.

#90070 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Origin users REJOICE! FF15 will be available on the superior platform.

That's one less game I'll need to add as a non-Origin game to my library.

XrtS3JZ.png

#90071 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22471 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

FF15 will be available on the superior platform.

So, it's going to UPlay then...? ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#90072 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2989 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

I think Carl is talking about the iOS version they are releasing.  He likes those skinny leg/feetless sprites.

http://kotaku.com/fi...nced-1798300284

#90073 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9654 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

So, it's going to UPlay then...? ;)

Capsule.  Once you're done playing it, you can sell it back to GMG!

#90074 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4751 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Well, the first globe event in The Division ended this morning, after starting last Monday, and I'll just say...  I'm glad I ended up getting the 6 pieces for each set.  It took way too much time do to RNG but it was rewarding.

The new Critical Outbreak play mode for those 6 (or so missions) was incredible and was fun as hell.  I would talk more about it but its gone now...  Just back to the old Division again.  (Though they do have a new in game currency for their own loot boxes that you can earn from RNG or also for clearing certain commendations (not all of them are Uplay achievements but some are.)

#90075 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Well, the first globe event in The Division ended this morning, after starting last Monday, and I'll just say...  I'm glad I ended up getting the 6 pieces for each set.  It took way too much time do to RNG but it was rewarding.

The new Critical Outbreak play mode for those 6 (or so missions) was incredible and was fun as hell.  I would talk more about it but its gone now...  Just back to the old Division again.  (Though they do have a new in game currency for their own loot boxes that you can earn from RNG or also for clearing certain commendations (not all of them are Uplay achievements but some are.)

i wasn't interested in any of those sets, so i just banked my 10k ge credits. waiting for d3-fnc or any set that might catch my fancy.

still at it's core, it's just a different way to play the same content. sure it'll get people to play again for a while, but after the ge ends, everyone is gone. i'm not alone when i say we're all waiting for the sequel, or at least until Destiny 2 gets released for pc...

#90076 smackattack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1083 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

170GB of HDD??!!? Holy smokes!!!

This must be the biggest game on the PC. This will take an eternity, even on Comcast Blast here, to download.

I hope they opt to make those 4K & 8K textures optional extra downloads (as free DLC's like Skyrim: Old Edition had for its HD textures). I basically will aim for 1440p, so...I only need textures up to that res', TBH.

Are they planning to do like audio in different languages? B/c if they are - eh, I might only just want English (if it's good) & maybe Japanese audio (if English VO sucks). Any other VO - nope, that DL should be optional. Don't need a game eating up that kind up HDD space, if I can avoid it.

thats a long post for a game you will never buy

#90077 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6712 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

thats a long post for a game you will never buy

He posts just to post. He's the forums greatest troll and he doesn't even realize he's trolling.

#90078 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11069 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

I think Carl is talking about the iOS version they are releasing.  He likes those skinny leg/feetless sprites.

http://kotaku.com/fi...nced-1798300284

Skinny legs? Feetless? Are there pouches everywhere?
Who hired Rob Liefeld to do character design? 

#90079 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

That's one less game I'll need to add as a non-Origin game to my library.

XrtS3JZ.png

Three codebases, three bugtesting channels.

How much money did EA and Microsoft dump on Squeenix for this to happen?

Edit: And wanna bet this is going to have Denuvo on top, too?

#90080 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

He posts just to post. He's the forums greatest troll and he doesn't even realize he's trolling.

so you're saying he's like our Trump?!?

#90081 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9654 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Tonight we're playing Versus Squad which was news to me since, last time I looked, we had no game set up for tonight.  You may remember it as "That game we thought wasn't as good as Nation Red but still pretty good" which should certainly inspire you to join us.  Maybe we'll be better and smarter players this time around and thus enjoy it more!  Or maybe we'll fail!  Either way, it'll certainly be a thing that happens and will involve shooting zombies so you better show up.

#90082 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4751 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

i wasn't interested in any of those sets, so i just banked my 10k ge credits. waiting for d3-fnc or any set that might catch my fancy.

still at it's core, it's just a different way to play the same content. sure it'll get people to play again for a while, but after the ge ends, everyone is gone. i'm not alone when i say we're all waiting for the sequel, or at least until Destiny 2 gets released for pc...

Of course its just a different way to play the same content...  That's kind of how loot games go.

I suspect I might take a break... lol I might not.  The commendations is a nice carrot to chase but one I likely can do without.  Will see how it goes.

That 10K you banked might be a good idea...  Not sure.  I've heard people say that the currency for the next event will be different, or might be different, but I suspect it will be the same myself.

As for the sets...  They're not the ones I normally play, (though 4pc Lonestar is a hoot to play.  Its like your staring in a big Hollywood action flick and you just empty your clip and hand the gun to someone else to reload while they hand you a freshly loaded gun,) I think having them will make next month's GE so much easier to do.

6 pc Lonestar with the right weapons and talents is extreme DPS.  (I suspect it will be nerfed at some point or not allowed to function in Last Stand.)

6 pc Final Measure might just be the new favorite for support/electronics in general.  But even if its just used to allow people to roll the Clear Skies mission, which is going to be part of the next set of GE (from the rumors I hear it will be), its well worth it.  (This GE running Clear Skies in about 5 minutes was possible and allowed big payouts in GE credits.)

6 pc Deadeye I find it limited but if people find the right spot on the Clear Skies map to "camp" one Deadeye might be able to keep the NPCs trapped at the spawns and away from the rest of the party.

Anyhow, I really want to see 6 pc Predator's Mark, 6 pc Sentry, and, like you, I think 6 pc D3-FNC could be a hell of allot of fun also...  (Though the shield can be used in other ways also.  Sentry (any handgun) and Lonestar (sawed off) both work with it.

#90083 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6012 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

Shadow Warrior 1 is free for 24 hours on Steam. Grab it now and keep it forever.

#90084 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

Bethesda has made Brink free to play.

#90085 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13299 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Eh, I guess that's good, but that poorly-done TF2 clone that tried hard to give context in terms of story was never that good to begin with. 5 years too late imo.

#90086 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

Finally. Mooby may be happy now

#90087 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1412 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

How can i contact steam support these days? I get redirected to help.steampowered.com from support.steampowered.com and can't get out of the knowledgebase to place an actual ticket?

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#90088 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3661 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

How can i contact steam support these days? I get redirected to help.steampowered.com from support.steampowered.com and can't get out of the knowledgebase to place an actual ticket?

email GabeNLovesDonuts@valve.com....say you're with Krispy Kreme, you'll be sure to get an immediate response!

#90089 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13299 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

email GabeNLovesDonuts@valve.com....say you're with Krispy Kreme, you'll be sure to get an immediate response!

Especially if you happen to be Money Maker Mike! 

Spoiler

#90090 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

Dreadout:

zeroWsevenBD-ZzeroKID-sixVWQfive

Currently Playing:  Games

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free