* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#92341 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

Any way to knock that out while at work and away from my Steam client?

Edit: Actually I'm installing the client at work.  Breakin' the Law!  Hope they don't fix it before this slow ass install is done...

#92342 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

Count me in for a Kf2 bronight

#92343 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

Man, that was kind of a pain in the ass.  Had to install the Steam client then actually install the game before it would add to the library (tried starting the install and canceling but the game didn't show as purchased).  Finally I installed the whole thing and then uninstalled Steam and it shows as purchased on the store page.

KF2 is scheduled tonight and next week (for Halloween week, it seems) but probably won't be a regular game on the schedule.  Not because we don't like it -- just the opposite.  It's getting a resurgence in Bro popularity so it's sort of like PUBG where every night is nominally KF2 night if there isn't anything else going on or the scheduled game falls through/sucks/doesn't work.

#92344 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6139 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

Any way to knock that out while at work and away from my Steam client?

Edit: Actually I'm installing the client at work.  Breakin' the Law!  Hope they don't fix it before this slow ass install is done...

Don't sweat it man. These will probably be revoked from our accounts within 48 hours.

But it only took 5 seconds to add it to my account, so what the hell. Might as well go through the motions.

EDIT: I didn't need to install the game. Strange that it made you do that. In that case, it'd take a heck of a lot longer than 5 seconds.

#92345 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Quite possibly, but we've had other back-door install glitches that worked so I figured I'd give it a shot for a multiplayer game.

#92346 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6139 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

Quite possibly, but we've had other back-door install glitches that worked so I figured I'd give it a shot for a multiplayer game.

Oh, I didn't realize that this sort of thing had been done successfully in the past. Must have missed those glitches/exploits.

So uh, never mind I guess.

#92347 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8062 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

The glitch doesn't seem to unlock cards.

0/10 - would not glitch again.

#92348 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Get Hide and Shriek for free glitch:

Just go to steam://install/480430

or 

!addlicense 480430

in ASF

That's not a glitch. It's just a free weekend lol.

3DJNlRq.png

#92349 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8062 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Well, that explains that...

-72/10 - I want my glitch time back.

#92350 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

That's not a glitch. It's just a free weekend lol.

Is it?  I don't see a news posting on the store page or anything on their forum about it. WHAT'S YOUR SOURCE???

#92351 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4371 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Last night, we failed to play Red Faction: Gorillas because I had some stuff pop up and then it just never got off the ground without my critical leadership.  Looking at the Discord chat, it seems like a lot of people were AWOL. 

I loaded up and played for 5 minutes while I was waiting for people to show up before realizing it was the game I finished on the PS3 when it came out.  I left to play PUBG after that.  Georgebot came into PUBG channel at some point to yell at Bah for the bronight fail, but Bah was AFK.

fs_overall.png

#92352 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Still, yelling at (and blaming) Bah is always good policy.

#92353 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

I loaded up and played for 5 minutes while I was waiting for people to show up before realizing it was the game I finished on the PS3 when it came out.  I left to play PUBG after that.  Georgebot came into PUBG channel at some point to yell at Bah for the bronight fail, but Bah was AFK.

lol Fuck Georgebot

I didnt install the game and the event's creator didnt even show up. It was a fart in the wind event, they happen from time to time. No big deal. We PUBGd with the hackers.

#92354 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6139 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Just noticed that Hide & Shriek isn't showing up in my library. I can download it if I access it through the store page, but it looks like I don't actually own it.

I'm frankly beyond the point of caring, as I'll never play it. But just thought I'd point it out because maybe somebody else out there will care.

#92355 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Get Hide and Shriek for free glitch:

Just go to steam://install/480430

or 

!addlicense 480430

in ASF

BF1 Friday replacement? :D

Just noticed that Hide & Shriek isn't showing up in my library. So it'll let me download it if I access it through the store page, but I don't actually own it.

I'm frankly beyond the point of caring, as I'll never play it. But just thought I'd point it out because maybe somebody else out there will care.

Its because its a free weekend game. It wont show up in library until the free weekend is actually live. It happened with Day of Infamy last week. It took about 30 mins for that to go into library after 1pm.

#92356 TyrianMollusk  

TyrianMollusk

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Back in high school, my friend told me the same "It's a stray Nerf Ball that rolled into our logo" story so you must remember it correctly.  Or else you're my high school friend.  Mike, is that you?

No, but one of my high school friends was Mike...   OooooOOoooOOOoo.

Ah, racing, weapons, and track construction.  Why can't modern game developers understand how important this is in life?

I mean, look at Forza Horizon 3.  They do a whole Hot Wheels thing, and they forget how much of that was building the ridiculous tracks.  Do we get to build tracks?  Nope.  Also, no weapons!  Where is my Blur + level editor, developers?  Probably lost in one of those pointless open worlds.

#92357 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8062 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

NOWKISTH.WEBM

#92358 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

I didnt install the game and the event's creator didnt even show up.

ONE TIME I WENT TO PLAY ROAD REDEMPTION AND THE EVENT CREATOR DIDN'T SHOW UP BUT I STILL PLAYED IT INSTEAD OF PLAYING PUBG BECAUSE I CARED

#92359 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4027 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

(Mostly shitty Cabela's (Activision....ewwwww) "Hunting" games being removed from steam (soon?)...Currently on sale for 80% off ending in under 2 hrs.)

U can save $2 on a Cabela "bundle"...not looking it up for you because....laze...

YOU GO NAO!!!!!!

okMXzPOMRHOyf2uKZw4Dbw.png

#92360 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6139 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

The original Mafia game is now available on GOG. It was removed from steam several years ago. 

It's apparently exclusive to GOG. But we all know how this story will end.

EDIT: Apparently they removed the licensed music.

#92361 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

ONE TIME I WENT TO PLAY ROAD REDEMPTION AND THE EVENT CREATOR DIDN'T SHOW UP BUT I STILL PLAYED IT INSTEAD OF PLAYING PUBG BECAUSE I CARED

4 people showed up for that. 1 showed up for Red Faction.

#92362 spoderman  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

But you promised me that I'd be able to hit Bah in the face with a pipe and failed to deliver!

GUtUP1U.jpg

#92363 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4027 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

nvMGtrHnTX2z9xrxMh9FUQ.png

Mike-Ehrmantraut-Shakes-His-Head-Breakin

#92364 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

PRLIKlC.png

Awesome free demo  :oldman:

#92365 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5068 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

The original Mafia game is now available on GOG. It was removed from steam several years ago. 

It's apparently exclusive to GOG. But we all know how this story will end.

EDIT: Apparently they removed the licensed music.

I wonder how long till someone mods it back in...?

More EA being EA... I was curious about a rumor I had heard years ago during the Dreamcast era about them holding back their games cause they wanted to release their own console... Obviously, no truth in that but I did find out that their dismal behavior started in the 16th bit era.

Apparently, they reversed engineered the Genesis and told Sega that they would only pay 2 dollar license fee (instead of 8 bucks) or they might just release their documents. Sega agrwed to it.

And the reason that there was no EA games on the Dreamcast is that EA said they would only support the system if they were the only ones to make/release sports games on the system. (Sega said no... They had just spent 10 million to acquire Visual Concepts.)

Anyhow, all that (and more) here:
http://segabits.com/...-the-dreamcast/

#92366 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

I wonder how long till someone mods it back in...?

It's already done.

#92367 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

4 people showed up for that. 1 showed up for Red Faction.

Yeah, but you weren't one of them, slackbag.

I have the original Mafia on DVD so I can go all MysterD with it.

#92368 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

I have the original Mafia on DVD so I can go all MysterD with it.

Shoving DVDs up your own rectum isn't going to bring 8 DVD PC games back to retail.

#92369 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

"Softened Cookie"Is a competitive game where the player's goal is to achieve a "fast orgasm". The goal in this game is to "finish" as quickly as possible and thereby force the enemy to eat the cookie with the condensed milk. Firmly grasp and slide your mouse up and down to create FRICTION and SPEED.

http://store.steampo...oftened_Cookie/

Bro night when?

Who's gonna be the Cookie-Monster?

JS47622759.jpg

3DJNlRq.png

#92370 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

Wow.  LOL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free