* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#93151 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14386 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

Free Steam keys for Sweet Volley High and A Wild Catgirl Appears! for buying Elise The Devil (40% off at $1.19) and "playing" it for 2 hours or more. Limited to 10,000 keys.

http://steamcommunit...205973968548566

#93152 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1482 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

Grim Fandango Remastered 

#93153 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4458 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:07 AM

who is #1?

CHINA NUMBER 1!!!

#93154 spoderman  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Ys 8 (PC version) got pushed back to early next year.

http://steamcommunit...57071254545131/

Localization update is taking longer than they expected so they delayed the PC release.

#93155 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10899 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

Free Steam keys for Sweet Volley High and A Wild Catgirl Appears! for buying Elise The Devil (40% off at $1.19) and "playing" it for 2 hours or more. Limited to 10,000 keys.

When did they add a category for "Sexual Content Games"?

#93156 vlt1p  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

When did they add a category for "Sexual Content Games"?

When they decided not to ban them I guess.

#93157 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5451 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

When they decided not to ban them I guess.

This only applies to weeaboo games. 

#93158 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4458 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

npOgEKw9TMCczmwlcVvJcw.png

MmBKV8X.gif

#93159 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Gotta step up your bundling game, don't let your brothers and chiropractor's pet marmosets get your keys. I'm only #2 biggest e-peen on CAG with a measly 7327.

Blade, cheer up.  Many of us think you're the #1 biggest peen on CAG.

#93160 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

The actual player reviews are coming in for AC:O and Wolfenstein 2, which reinforce (to me at least) the idea of not buying day 1.   Most of the AC:O complaints revolve around the double DRM which is causing their CPUs to go under more load than need be while their GPU is only being utilized 40% for instance.  Various complaints about technical issues, which in reality, should be fixed with patches minus the double DRM issue.  I also read that one person stated that they saw fire resistance stat without any drops for such - either person was unlucky or those items will come out with a DLC.  

Wolfenstein 2 complaints did touch on optimization for some, but most complained about the brevity i.e. 7 hours to 18 hours for others (arguement about cost vs hours of enjoyment) and the AI i.e. stealth and the behavior of the enemy.

I can understand why some people are frustrated on how Wolfenstein 2 for instance got so many 9 and 10 scores from review sites.

Overall, again at least for me, wait until most bugs patched, better optimized and the DLCs released to have better cohesion, and get at a better price.  

#93161 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4458 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

My poop is your poop...remove poop from the poopy keys, poop....

6C4I3-E3H3E-POOP-AYA86
This Steam account already owns the product(s) contained in this offer.
66IPH-BHRYI-POOP-AIWRQ

#93162 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5344 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

My poop is your poop...remove poop from the poopy keys, poop....

6C4I3-E3H3E-POOP-AYA86
66IPH-BHRYI-POOP-AIWRQ

Took second, thanks!

#93163 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

CHINA NUMBER 1!!!

hqdefault.jpg

#93164 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10899 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

Wolfenstein 2 complaints did touch on optimization for some, but most complained about the brevity i.e. 7 hours to 18 hours for others (arguement about cost vs hours of enjoyment) and the AI i.e. stealth and the behavior of the enemy.

I've been playing Wolfenstein 2 and enjoying it although it's not the Second Coming of gaming or anything.  My opinions may be partially formed by the fact that I bought it and Prey for $30 combined versus paying $60 on Day One.

Game play wise I'm having fun although, so far, there hasn't been many real big battles.  Supposedly, by the game's end you kill something like 1,000 Nazis directly (according to creative director Jen Matthies in PC Gamer) so I'm guessing it must be backloaded with that stuff.  There has been some of the time wasting "swim around, press a button, kill two drones, swim back to end level" missions I also criticized in TNO but not too much of it.  There's also a number of the "Sneak up on Commander before he can give an alarm" objectives and, now that I type it, it occurs to me that successfully performing those means less big fights.  Aside from all that, the weapons and basic game play are about the same as TNO.  The hand-wringing over the plot is exaggerated: You and your people don't like Nazis, you kill Nazis.  There's some eye-rolling moments but, frankly, BJ's inner Batman-like tortured hero monologue is more exasperating than Black Power Woman ranting about The Man.

Technically, I had a brief stumble because I tried to play it with outdated drivers and haven't had an issue since I updated.  Playing at 1080, I'm getting a consistent 65-75fps on Ultra using my old 290X (4gb).  Game looks nice although the facial animations are less than convincing.  Environment is 95% richly textured and detailed and 5% oddly poorly detailed which pops against the rest when you come across it.  You know, you'll see a wall where you can count the pores in the cinder blocks and running along it is a pipe with bolts that look imported from Half Life 1.

Overall, I like it but, you know, it's a game.  You follow the plot, you shoot dudes, you laugh, you learn, you love.  It's an on-rails shooter and those are generally fairly short in my experience.  I won't know until I'm done though.  Don't pay sixty dollars for it because you shouldn't be paying sixty dollars for any game -- you're better than that. 

#93165 indef  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Don't pay sixty dollars for it because you shouldn't be paying sixty dollars for any game -- you're better than that. 

I can confirm that I am, in fact, not better than that.

#93166 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5472 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

The hand-wringing over the plot is exaggerated: You and your people don't like Nazis, you kill Nazis. 

giphy.gif

Also, its a liner shooter...  On-rails is something else entirely and its not a description you ever want your game described as. :)  (If you remember all the old arcade games with the rifle/pistol and you moved a bit, stopped, killed a few things, and then moved on again without taking control of your character's movements...  That's as on-rail shooter.)

#93167 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24441 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

Congrats on Level 103 and your 12 years of Steam'ing.

#93168 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4207 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

Wolfy2 is alright. They put a lot of effort into adding some flavor to all the nazi scalping.

It's a weird game though. like halfway through there's a real wtf moment and then the game becomes easier and a bunch of side missions open up outta nowhere to pad the game time. And the game is seriously difficult on "normal" settings, less so because enemies melt your health and armor, and more so because the game does a piss poor job of alerting you when you're getting shot, or where it's coming from. Save scumming is a must. 

BJ's monologue is CollegeHumor's Batman tier, without the intended humor. Mah wings, Coraline!! 

Overall it's a good time. Not $60 worth of a good time. Maybe $30. Personally I prefer TNO.

#93169 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24441 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

The actual player reviews are coming in for AC:O and Wolfenstein 2, which reinforce (to me at least) the idea of not buying day 1.   Most of the AC:O complaints revolve around the double DRM which is causing their CPUs to go under more load than need be while their GPU is only being utilized 40% for instance.  Various complaints about technical issues, which in reality, should be fixed with patches minus the double DRM issue.  I also read that one person stated that they saw fire resistance stat without any drops for such - either person was unlucky or those items will come out with a DLC.  

Using Yong's video also as a reference, so for those who ain't seen it:

So, Yong mentions that UbiSoft's nonsense PR that was replying to the at least 3 layers of bloatware (UPlay, VMProtect, and Denuvo) or 4 layers if you get it on Steam (so add Steam client on top of the other 3 bloatware) is saying that there's "No perceptible effect" for those "ensuring 30FPS".

Who the hell on the PC aims for 30FPS on the PC in a fast action-paced game like Assassin's Creed? Did they even test to see how all this bloatware would impact players aiming for 60FPS? What about those that have 90hz , 120hz, or 144hz monitors going for even higher framerates than the usual 60FPS standard?

Good going, Ubisoft - you basically made a console port here for 30FPS and ignored that most PC players aim for 60FPS.

#93170 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Not enjoying Wolf2 myself, not been too much combat so far. What is there is very solid, but the story itself is extremely cringeworthy and I don’t like any of the characters at all. BJ calling out to Caroline every few minutes is annoying. TNO and TOB are much better to me.

Also, yes it’s entirely too difficult on normal. Any regular enemy can kill you within a couple seconds. Not to mention you can’t carry above 50 health without it draining (I assume that changes)

#93171 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10899 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Also, its a liner shooter...  On-rails is something else entirely and its not a description you ever want your game described as.

Meh, one and the same to me for modern purposes.  Not going to bother nerd-debating subjective gaming terms.

And the game is seriously difficult on "normal" settings, less so because enemies melt your health and armor, and more so because the game does a piss poor job of alerting you when you're getting shot, or where it's coming from. Save scumming is a must.

I've been happy with the difficulty on the default setting.  It's tough but not so tough that I'm seriously struggling.  I do save after fights but not "kill a guy, hit F5" or anything.

Overall it's a good time. Not $60 worth of a good time. Maybe $30. Personally I prefer TNO.

Agreed.

#93172 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14386 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

I thought people didn't like Wolf 2 because we're killing Nazis in America in the game, and America is full of tiki torch-toting snowflakes heiling Trump and whining about being replaced by minorities despite the fact that corporations are solely responsible for outsourcing jobs, white people comprise a vast majority of the country, and we still hold nearly all of the power?

That was the spin I heard, that you should boycott the game because it calls Trump supporters Nazis. You know, like Richard Spencer.

#93173 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10899 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

I thought people didn't like Wolf 2 because we're killing Nazis in America in the game, and America is full of tiki torch-toting snowflakes heiling Trump

That's the consensus view on the Steam forums, anyway.  "OMG DAH MARXIST PROPYGHANDA!!!!!!!!1111!!!!"

#93174 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Humble November Monthly bundle - 

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited + Vanity Pet + 15 days of ESO Plus

Quake Champions Early Access

Elder Scrolls: Legends - 2 Card Packs

Plus...

Resident Evil 5 - Gold Edition

Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun

Dead Rising 2

Silence

Emily Is Away Too

World To The West

Wilmots Warehouse (Humble exclusive)

And next month is...

H1Z1

#93175 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5472 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun... Fuck, that's better than the headliners! I'm glad I unpaused a few days ago. I was going to skip but with 5 months left I figured I should get through my already paid for bundles ASAP.

#93176 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

Unlike Inmate, I'm glad I paused Nov and it looks like that decision will carry into Dec as well. Should've known Humbly getting bought would lead to shit like H1Z1.

#93177 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8767 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Congrats on Level 103 and your 12 years of Steam'ing.

... that's Level 109.

The toaster needs new optic sensors.

#93178 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4458 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Unlike Inmate, I'm glad I paused Nov and it looks like that decision will carry into Dec as well. Should've known Humbly getting bought would lead to shit like H1Z1.

EYE KANT DESKRIBE DE JOI I FEELZ HAVING SIGNED UP FUR YEAR SUB....

HAO/WEN CANZ I PAWZ?????

#93179 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5472 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

Yup, its not going to get better... So do you think I should pause till the end of time or should I try to get something for the 5 bundles I've already paid for? :)

#93180 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun... Fuck, that's better than the headliners! I'm glad I unpaused a few days ago. I was going to skip but with 5 months left I figured I should get through my already paid for bundles ASAP.

It seriously is. Tons of great reviews, high meta score, never been cheaper than ~$27. Shocking to see it not a headliner. Its been on my wishlist for a while.