* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#96541 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Best is Y-M-D, no confusion that way.

fite me

#96542 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

YMD for file names yeah. Alternative no date, just sort by modified/created date :P

#96543 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10230 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Seems everything would be jumbled... everything that happened on the first of every month would be first, then second of every month... etc. Or am I not missing something?

Everything that happens on the first of each month is the most important which is why you did it first.  Everything else of diminishing importance gets pushed further back into the month.  Therefore, it makes the most sense to prioritize your files by the day first, then the month.  schooled.gif

#96544 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8062 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Alternative no date, just sort by modified/created date :P

Doesn't work in all situations.

Sometimes I want to modify/create something that needs to be in a different chronological place (trimming down a video or photo).

#96545 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but SEGA just announced Two Point Hospital, the spiritual successor to Theme Hospital.

http://store.steampo...Point_Hospital/

And apparently the two heads of this development team also worked on the original Theme Hospital.  I'm very much looking forward to this (as long as SEGA doesn't interfere much and lets them do their thing).

#96546 elessar123  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

You know, it actually would have been easier for you to simply change the date on your own rather than typing out that explanation for the incorrect date format. But you took those extra few seconds out of your life to point out that the rest of the world is wrong. And for that, I salute you.

ISO 8601, yyyy-mm-dd > all countries not using it

Spoiler

#96547 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, looks exactly as I would imagine a modern Theme Hospital. I hope SEGA partnership doesn't mean DLCs.......

And if the game success we could see Two Point Dungeon Keeper also.

Ok, first DLC be called "Obamacare"

3DJNlRq.png

#96548 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

And if the game success we could see Two Point Dungeon Keeper also.

http://store.steampo..._the_Overworld/

#96549 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Doesn't work in all situations.

Sometimes I want to modify/create something that needs to be in a different chronological place (trimming down a video or photo).

You can manually set correct one :P (Modify is better since it stays when copying).

Anyways using dates in filenames is in most cases definitely easier.

#96550 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5719 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

If my desktop smells like something is burning and I haven't opened it up in maybe five years and then it starts making noises that sound like an animal dying inside, I probably have a fan issue, right?

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#96551 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

Did you try swapping out the dying animal for a healthy one?

#96552 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5719 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Not yet. I don't know which one is doing it. The damn case has like four or five on the outside, two on the processor heatsink, and two on my SLI setup. I've just left it powered off and haven't felt brave enough to venture into the jungle that is a 25-year-old's lack of interest in cable management.

#96553 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6554 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senate Hits 50 Votes in Bid to Save Net Neutrality and/or Make Republicans Look Dumb

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#96554 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10230 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

Not yet. I don't know which one is doing it. The damn case has like four or five on the outside, two on the processor heatsink, and two on my SLI setup. I've just left it powered off and haven't felt brave enough to venture into the jungle that is a 25-year-old's lack of interest in cable management.

This is what you do: Get a laundry basket, turn it upside down and place it over the computer.  Then, on top of the laundry basket, you place a new computer.  That should fix the problem.

#96555 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20013 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

This is what you do: Get a laundry basket, turn it upside down and place it over the computer.  Then, on top of the laundry basket, you place a new computer.  That should fix the problem.

Nope, that still doesn't address the burning issue.  Oxygen feeds fire and the laundry basket has holes on the side.  Best solution is to tape all the vents with duct tape and run it until the fire dies inside. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#96556 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

Just put a little food and water in the tower and see if you can nurse the animal back to health.

#96557 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13558 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

They probably watched that stupid fidget spinner video Ashit Pai made and instantly hated him (like the rest of America).

#96558 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

So, for everyone that is dmy, isn't naming files with dates confusing when you sort?

Seems everything would be jumbled... everything that happened on the first of every month would be first, then second of every month... etc. Or am I not missing something?

Everyone should just follow ISO 8601.

I use year-month-day because it seemed most logical for sorting.  I didn't realize there was an ISO for it.

5490.png

#96559 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2613 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

If my desktop smells like something is burning and I haven't opened it up in maybe five years and then it starts making noises that sound like an animal dying inside, I probably have a fan issue, right?

Does it look anything like this?

Spoiler

#96560 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8062 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

I use year-month-day because it seemed most logical for sorting.  I didn't realize there was an ISO for it.

I think there is an ISO for everything...

#96561 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20013 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:22 AM

Just be sure to burn the ISO to CD/DVD or use Daemon tools to virtually load the ISO.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#96562 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5719 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:14 AM

Does it look anything like this?

Spoiler

Let's hope not. I honestly don't use my PC all that much nowadays so I'm in no rush, but I hate to see the thing go completely unused. Probably gonna open it up soon.

#96563 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5021 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:44 AM

since Newegg has gone downhill, what's the go to place for computer stuff? Tigerdirect? Amazon?

#96564 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9894 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:18 AM

since Newegg has gone downhill, what's the go to place for computer stuff? Tigerdirect? Amazon?

Hope you have the good fortune to live near a Microcenter.

#96565 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23136 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

What about Fry's?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#96566 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5251 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Why is it so difficult to remove the batteries from the Steam controller? I think it eats the batteries as long as the contacts are touching the battery. What a pain in the ass. I need to invest in some good rechargeable batteries for this thing.

#96567 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Definitely get rechargeables.

Too bad they didn't add AA recharger to controller. I doubt it would've cost much more.

My mouse has integrated and it's very easy, just plugin usb cable when out of juice. No need to take battery out everytime. (Though at least it isn't as tight as steam controller so it comes off very easily).

#96568 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20013 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

Last night the bros played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.  I think it was in a Humble Monthly and I ignored it at the time because it said local MP only.  Works just as well online as long as you have voice chat since it's crucial.  One person is trying to defuse a bomb, the other people are telling that person what to do by consulting the bomb manual.  We had a decent turn out though some people were having connection issues and had to drop.  Plenty of explosions and they have leaderboards so you have a reason to keep defusing the same level.  Damn you LN/Stephen!  We will best you one day.

Tonight is Squids from Space which is about Squids who are from Space.  

#96569 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

ss_ecfb62c69de2bca3aca3379de70404ca65838

Steam assetflip is so lucrative even Sony joins the fun

#96570 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10230 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

"If you ever wanted to see The Rock lumber across a vast empty plain..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free