* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#104611 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:10 AM

I have to agree with Nothing371 that a lot of players generally take a break after an epic CRPG which also may factor in the sales.

This is definitely true for me. I decided to take a breather after seeing how the sequel handled imported saves, and it's a fairly interesting spin on the scenario. Without dropping much in the way of spoilers, the game kills you in the introduction.

Here, nerds. Neverwinter Humble Pack:

Y19j3FD4

Edited by warreni, 11 November 2018 - 06:57 PM.

#104612 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 AM

Welp.  I did my part and bought 3. 

But yeah that's a very telling statistic.  There is only so much room in the world for new release CRPGs.  People play like one, and then take a break.  Plus you've got Divinity 2 stealing the limelight with better review scores as the definitive game that everyone is going to buy first. 

Its not just that but all of the competition this year in CRPG's. Its a haven for fans after a long drought but we have POE2, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Bards Tale, & Divinity2. Two of those within a week or two of each other.

From the article:

"Yeah, I thought as much when I backed! The question is not why Obsidian failed that so much as why they thought that was a likely target.

It's possible they *didn't* think it was likely, and structured things such that they'd never have to pay back Fig investors (or Fig itself!)"

#104613 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:02 AM

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but I just noticed Fanatical has the Broken Sword 1, 2, and 3 as their daily deal for $1. 

For a few more hours at least. 

#104614 weretable   I have long conversations with housecats CAGiversary!   660 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Risk of Rain 2.  Not sure about the change to 3D but I'm excited anyway.  Loved the first one.

#104615 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3110 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted Yesterday, 11:58 AM

I'll be honest.  PoE was slow.  I play it because I like slow.  PoE2 was meh.  I just don't get the whole pirate thing and the story didn't progress fast enough to interest me.  D1+2 I bought but didn't get into because of the cartoon-y detail.  I like the controls better, but also don't enjoy where I control multiple characters.  The character selection was also goofy.  I felt like I had to read through piles of materials to decide on character choices.

#104616 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted Yesterday, 02:43 PM

Risk of Rain 2.  Not sure about the change to 3D but I'm excited anyway.  Loved the first one.

Agreed, the first one was fantastic, played tons of it. However, the change to 3D really turns me off from the second, not going to bite for a while.

#104617 aspyrbash   Pub Rep Publisher Representitive   19 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

aspyrbash

Posted Yesterday, 03:39 PM

Agreed, the first one was fantastic, played tons of it. However, the change to 3D really turns me off from the second, not going to bite for a while.

As long as the item stacking stays the same (or very similar), I'm pumped.

Have they put out any boss footage yet?

#104618 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8912 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Gross on Risk of Rain 3D. I would have preferred a slightly less pixellated 2D version. It could be alright though, but I also enjoyed the first quite a bit.

#104619 Pickle14  

Pickle14

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

As long as the item stacking stays the same (or very similar), I'm pumped.

Have they put out any boss footage yet?

I believe the item stacking is the same, stays unlimited.

The only possible boss footage I saw was what was included in the trailer.

#104620 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7426 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

Good deal on the new i5-9600k if you were looking for a new processor like me. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free