* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#108601 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8589 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:00 AM

They did also state that epic had thrown enough money at them that even if every backer refunded, they would still not have to worry about it, and they got backed to 800k+. 

that's pretty crazy

#108602 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:05 AM

I think a game like Borderlands benefits from having a launcher with a big built-in base of players and community/friend features.

I get that there's Discord and other stuff now, but there are other things that aren't really replicated by other services, and certainly not by Epic, such as cloud saves, achievements, and Gaben bucks.

Don't care about community/friend features, or achievements. Cloud saves do matter though. Im mostly a solo player.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#108603 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3128 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:13 AM

Anyone looking for PC versions of The Division 2, DMC 5, or RE 2, I'm selling the "Raise the Game" bundle in Trading section for $60.

#108604 spoderman  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:37 AM

Anyone looking for PC versions of The Division 2, DMC 5, or RE 2, I'm selling the "Raise the Game" bundle in Trading section for $60.

Why not keep that in the trading thread? And they're going for $40ish on ebay

#108605 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:39 AM

Why not keep that in the trading thread? And they're going for $40ish on ebay

Big facts

#108606 Smkane112  

Smkane112

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:42 AM

Woo just got my Division 2 from AMD for pre load.  It is linked to you uplay, same way they do with steam if anyone was wondering.

#108607 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:48 AM

I think someone hit submit a bit too early.

https://store.steamp.../app/822230/NA/

#108608 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:49 AM

Woo just got my Division 2 from AMD for pre load. It is linked to you uplay, same way they do with steam if anyone was wondering.

Shit. Gonna go preload now.

#108609 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:19 AM

Pi Day pizza deals

Spoiler

Not listed there but apparently you can get a 10" one-topping pizza from Domino's for $3.14 as well.

https://slickdeals.n...za-for-3-14?v=1

#108610 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24467 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:38 AM

Pi Day pizza deals

Spoiler

Not listed there but apparently you can get a 10" one-topping pizza from Domino's for $3.14 as well.

https://slickdeals.n...za-for-3-14?v=1

Maybe 343 still has some pizzas left-over:

https://www.gameinfo...ding-them-pizza

#108611 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:27 AM

Maybe 343 still has some pizzas left-over:

https://www.gameinfo...ding-them-pizza

"Stop sending us pizza..."

What a bunch of losers...

#108612 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1492 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:32 AM

Wow, Far Cry: New Dawn already half off on Uplay.

#108613 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:34 AM

Not to put a damper on the impending BL3 announcement, but:

https://twitter.com/...385509185048576

We all know where this is headed.

Well, if it's only on Epic than I won't have to have any heart to heart discussions with myself about supporting someone like Pitchford... Guess there are some positives.

#108614 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:43 AM

If it ends up being an Epic exclusive, I will be hoping that it they announce tons of nickel and dime P2W nonsense so I won't be tempted to get it on PS4 or something.    I despise Pitchford but I liked the other games enough that I need a really good reason to stay away rather than simply avoiding it on PC.    :rofl:

#108615 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:05 AM

Hey would playing Division 2 before the first one be a bad idea?  I had no intention of getting it for a while but I know someone that bought some expensive version for a freaking statue and doesn't want the game and will sell it to me cheap so...

#108616 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:18 AM

Hey would playing Division 2 before the first one be a bad idea?  I had no intention of getting it for a while but I know someone that bought some expensive version for a freaking statue and doesn't want the game and will sell it to me cheap so...

nah you're good, div2 is just div1 with enhancements in a new city, so div1.5, not that thats a bad thing. You wont be missing anything though

#108617 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:03 AM

lol, I think the version he bought is automatically connected to the uplay account that purchases it, he might be stuck with it.  I don't want a second uplay account for one game.

#108618 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

There's some recap audio logs and one of the major bad guy has left some audio logs to screw with the Division...  That said I think its rather spoiler free.

I've played about 17 hours now...  I'm still really damn impressed with the game.  Had so major lag performance drops the first morning.  Damage on NPCs would register late, locks would be delayed in being blow off, even frame drops... but after lunch that day this all went away so it had to be server side issues.  Launch has been really smooth.  They're about go do normal maintenance right now. 

Quick notes: Seeing a lot of complaints about not being able to play the game solo... but that's not true at all. Its all I've done so far and while I cannot say I've never died I think my deaths have been my own fault. Either not swapping to new guns or being tactically stupid.

Suggested skills: I don't have them all unlocked right now but the healing hive variant and the assault turret are by far the best. I've tried the shield with some luck the shield, normal and the SMG variant, but I found my groove with the healing hive. That said I think the turret is the better first skill of the game pickup as it has a quicker cool down and, well, its always nice to have some else shooting at NPCs.  (Edit: I'm hearing that the chem launcher variant that heals is quite good also.  I'll give it a try when servers come back online.)

Grenades: They are useful. If you can get two or more in the circle before combat begins I suggest tossing one out and waiting for it go off.

SHD Tech: It shouldn't be your first buy... but buying the bonus XP stuff should be done sooner than later. Its pretty sizable.

Air and Space: I think this might be the 6th or 7th story mission in the game, and I still haven't tried all of the missions (obviously) but this mission was a blast. Well designed, an amazing environment, etc. I honestly think this might be the best mission I've played in gaming in quite sometime. The best way I can describe it is the train chapter in Uncharted 2... I'll forever remember it.

#108619 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:03 AM

I think someone hit submit a bit too early.

https://store.steamp.../app/822230/NA/

Looks like a cheap rip-off of TBD.

#108620 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24467 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

Rumor - Sony is eyeballing Take-Two, trying to buy them out...which could make some of their stuff exclusive:

https://www.gamesrad...ort-comes-true/

God no, please don't let this happen...

Last thing we need is companies and games from Rockstar exclusive to Sony.

#108621 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Probably just a rumor unless Sony has sold off other stuff that hasn't been announced yet, otherwise no way they can afford this.  

#108622 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8589 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

Rumor - Sony is eyeballing Take-Two, trying to buy them out...which could make some of their stuff exclusive:

https://www.gamesrad...ort-comes-true/

God no, please don't let this happen...

Last thing we need is companies and games from Rockstar exclusive to Sony.

i'd be pretty surprised if that happens

#108623 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10914 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:48 PM

well as many posters have said, why not let the market decide. Steam offers a ridiculous amount of features over epic, so this goes beyond the dev just getting a larger cut, the consumers miss out on actual functionality by choosing an inferior store front. 

So if they want a bigger cut why not offer it on both, and either tell customers their preferred store is epic or offer it a slight discount on epic to compensate for all the things the customers will lose

Because Epic won't give them a giant sack of money to "let the market decide".  They pay for exclusivity to get a monopoly on the game's distribution.  And the publisher wants a giant sack of money so they don't care about letting the market decide either. 

Epic is great for consumers!

#108624 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8024 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

I liked when my games came on CD-ROMs and DVDs. 

All this stuff to fix a problem that didn't even exist. 

Games just ship broken, or incomplete now, and sometimes stay in early access forever.  I don't need to play all these Indies so badly that digital distribution has been some kind of godsend or something.  I don't even play 95% of my humble bundle games.  I could live without all of it. 

Games were getting automatic patches back in '98 when I was playing Everquest, and I'm sure much earlier than that.  It wasn't an issue.  I'm sure plenty of people here use the extra Steam features but none of this digital storefront stuff has been necessary for me.  Games had friendslists, people had phone numbers, and everyone got along just fine. 

Now I have to look at five or more different copies of the Division and try and decide which one is fucking me the least. 

It's all a big "whatever".  I liked it when games shipped complete, and when I owned the stuff I bought.  Everything that has changed has been done to benefit PC developers and publishers and yet the PC platform isn't even seeing all of the greatest current games. 

If there were better sales on new release games then I might be more inclined to advocate for digital distribution, but there's not. 

#108625 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1629 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

$15 dominos gc for $10 via paypal digital gifts.

https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

doesn't work on "pizza" with pineapple

#108626 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10914 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

I liked when my games came on CD-ROMs and DVDs. 

All this stuff to fix a problem that didn't even exist.

Eh, in the era of CD-ROMs, I had a catalog of maybe ten games.  I now have well over a thousand and, "But how many do you play???" aside, I still have easily hundreds that I've played and enjoyed.

At the end of the day though, it's all video games.  No big deal.  I only share opinions here because that's the topic -- it's not as though I spend Easter dinner stewing about Epic vs Steam.  Most of the "When games shipped complete" stuff is easily solved by waiting until the game ships "complete".  You don't like buying DLC?  Wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.  You don't like the potential for patches and updates?  Wait a couple months.  Nothing is making you buy it the moment it pops up on a website. 

#108627 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:55 PM

Most of the "When games shipped complete" stuff is easily solved by waiting until the game ships "complete".  You don't like buying DLC?  Wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.  You don't like the potential for patches and updates?  Wait a couple months.  Nothing is making you buy it the moment it pops up on a website. 

So, yes, everything you say is true. However, there *is* some value of being able to participate in the zeitgeist that surrounds a games launch. Particularly if it's a story based game, part of the fun is being able to engage in conversations about it. Also, again referring to story-heavy games, you run the risk of being 'spoiled' on some of the more fascinating parts of the game. 

Now, I understand that some may not care about some of these things. For those, these arent concerns. I also appreciate that all of life involves tradeoffs. But just 'cause I understand it, doesnt preclude me from bitching about it on a website.

Spoiler

#108628 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6681 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

Wow, Far Cry: New Dawn already half off on Uplay.

I bit on it. I figured it was worth that, I haven't gotten to try a FC game on my ultra wide yet.

#108629 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20795 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

I bit on it. I figured it was worth that, I haven't gotten to try a FC game on my ultra wide yet.

You're in for a treat.  New Dawn has improved on FC5 in every aspect.  It's shorter, but $20 is more than a fair price.  I got a little burned out on FC5 in some parts where it just felt like I was repeating the same thing over and over just to advance.  Did not get that feeling in New Dawn and was left wanting more when I was finished.  I got close to 20 hours out of it doing everything 100%.  I do need to finish some challenges that require co-op so if you need to do those feel free to add me on Uplay. 

#108630 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

Didn't know Motoki was writing for PC Gamer these days...

Why I love hidden object puzzle adventures