* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#115471 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:31 AM

Are you looking to hide your activity so you don't spam other people's feeds? Because I spent a few minutes looking and didn't see anything that would help with that. Might be there somewhere but I didn't see it. You can go to Friend Activity > Friend Activity Settings > Uncheck "Favorites an item" but that only keeps it from showing up in your own feed, not someone else's.

Yeah I spent a while looking and I am pretty sure there isn't a way other than making my profile private every time.  I'll just have to try and remember so I don't dump dozens of mods into people's feeds.  heh

#115472 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9969 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:30 AM

I'm going to keep doing about an hour or a bit more each day to trying out my Steam games. I am skipping visual novels, RPGMaker games and Hidden Object games for now. With those 3 categories gone from my Steam list that likely still leaves plenty of games to try. I will also just put junk games according to reviews in a category and not even try them. This is just for my own entertainment and will be spoilered. It may help you or at least entertain you a bit.

14 games for 04-15-2020

Spoiler

#115473 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:42 AM

Please keep discussion focused on Steam deals.

What the Fuck did I miss?

And, yes, I know it's my fault for wanting sleep...

#115474 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

What the Fuck did I miss?

And, yes, I know it's my fault for wanting sleep...

Nothing out of the ordinary for this thread, but someones poor little feelings must have gotten hurt over current event discussions and they ran to big poppa mod for comfort

#115475 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3267 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:10 PM

It's more funny because all of us know there haven't been any REAL good sales for years... we're just kinda in a game of pickup bundles anymore.

#115476 kemosahbe  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:32 PM

Days Gone and Persona 5 Royal both have PC versions listed on Amazon France today.

Edit: Last of Us 2 PC as well...

#115477 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:04 PM

Seems like they're all phony listings. The only one that looks legit is Super Mario Odyssey.

#115478 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:06 PM

Days Gone and Persona 5 Royal both have PC versions listed on Amazon France today.

Edit: Last of Us 2 PC as well...

Interesting. If Sony is going down the same path as Microsoft then that is great. I am assuming though a game like Last of Us 2 will be a timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 first? Either way, if all of this is true, I am no longer buying consoles. Everything eventually will be coming to the PC.

#115479 kemosahbe  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Seems like they're all phony listings. The only one that looks legit is Super Mario Odyssey.

Sega apparently already issued a statement saying it's fake and they are trying to get it delisted. Sorry everyone

#115480 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:38 PM

Everyone knows the French can't be trusted

#115481 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:48 PM

But that means we got a narc in here.

Guess Who!

does-she-look-like-a-bitch.jpg

#115482 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4720 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:21 PM

I make sure to secretly embed my own referral links

I make sure to embed my own link in Cheapy's mom.....BOOM!!!

#115483 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9969 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:41 PM

In addition to trying out a few games from my Steam Library I'm also trying to categorize 100 games a day and i have categories for garbo games in my library as well that wont be played or were played and were bad. So far through A I have 160 games in those categories. After I'm done with this (will take a while), I'm just hiding that category and hopefully playing or trying at least games that may be good or at least interesting. Trying to make something out of my massive Steam backlog. I doubt I'll ever play it all (even for 5 or less minutes), but it will help and get me a good mindset for wanting to play them.

#115484 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4813 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2020 - 11:02 PM

Those tremendous people at Fanatical, tremendous people believe me, have Atari Vault on Steam on sale for only a $1. It's only on sale for 2 days though. This is a beautiful deal folks and I know deals. Everyone knows it! I didn't pay someone else to write "The Art of the Deal" without knowing deals! I know the very best deals folks, everyone says so. Sleepy Joe BidenCat probably wouldn't even post this deal until it's over. He's very slow, and very sleepy. He's a low energy individual! SAD!

#115485 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25643 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:11 AM

Those tremendous people at Fanatical, tremendous people believe me, have Atari Vault on Steam on sale for only a $1. It's only on sale for 2 days though. This is a beautiful deal folks and I know deals. Everyone knows it! I didn't pay someone else to write "The Art of the Deal" without knowing deals! I know the very best deals folks, everyone says so. Sleepy Joe BidenCat probably wouldn't even post this deal until it's over. He's very slow, and very sleepy. He's a low energy individual! SAD!

Looks like also the Atari Vault: 50 Game DLC Pack is on sale for $2.49 (50% off):

https://www.fanatica...ame-add-on-pack

ITAD says: lowest yet on 50 Game DLC pack - https://isthereanyde...addonpack/info/

I got the Atari Vault (Base-Game) in the Killer Bundle 12 (original bundle) - https://isthereanyde.../filter:id/8404

#115486 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5003 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:47 AM

It’s hard to get into Atari Vault when most of the best 2600 games were made by Activision and Atari doesn’t want to bother licensing anything.

#115487 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:52 AM

I already don't play those games on my RetroPi where I downloaded them for FREE, so why would I buy them?

If we listen to TrumpCat, these stimulus checks will be spent before we know it.

#VoteFrugalNoMatterWho(gal?)

#115488 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:27 AM

Interesting. If Sony is going down the same path as Microsoft then that is great. I am assuming though a game like Last of Us 2 will be a timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 first? Either way, if all of this is true, I am no longer buying consoles. Everything eventually will be coming to the PC.

One of my biggest desires is to see Uncharted 2 MP being playable on PC, either an offical release or via emulation. It was really unique, fun, and a miss it a lot. (Honestly, each new Uncharted release seems to take a step farther and farther away from UC2. Though at least UC4 was better than UC3.)

#115489 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5650 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:10 PM

Is this a good bundle? I genuinely can't tell.

#115490 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:48 PM

There seems to be some traction for some of the games in the cesspool if you are into that (I am interested in a couple myself but haven't worked up the effort level needed to get it done lol).

#115491 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   718 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:34 PM

Want to get Dark Souls: Remastered for $13, but can't help but think it will get bundled sooner than later. 

#115492 Baltore  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

Just Cause 4 and Aurelia are free on Epic's Game Store. For the King next week.

#115493 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1428 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:16 PM

Manual Samuel is FREE on Humble for a limited time:

https://www.humblebu...amuel-free-game

#115494 Cloulien   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:47 PM

If you do not have those games and are into them then yeah I guess so. Personally I am not into sports games and I have everything else I want in that bundle already but Carnival Games VR. I am not sure if I want to pay for the bottom tier just to get Carnival Games VR.

#115495 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

1TB mSATA SSD by ORICO $39.99

pricing error on Newegg that just went up a few minutes ago.  g/l

#115496 Garfitor  

Garfitor

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:31 PM

Damn, got all the way through checkout, but it said it was sold out after the last click.

EDIT: Oh shit nm I tried again and it went through.  We'll have to see if it actually ships now. xD

Edited by Garfitor, 16 April 2020 - 06:33 PM.

#115497 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21122 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:34 PM

1TB mSATA SSD by ORICO $39.99

pricing error on Newegg that just went up a few minutes ago.  g/l

Sold out before I could check out. 

#115498 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:34 PM

Damn, got all the way through checkout, but it said it was sold out after the last click.

EDIT: Oh shit nm I tried again and it went through.  We'll have to see if it actually ships now. xD

Yup.  It was popping in and out of stock for several minutes there. 

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  NO FEAR!

#115499 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:35 PM

No-Fear-Logo-Vector.png

#115500 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25643 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:35 PM

Depends on your interest in these titles & with what you're missing.

1st tier. Darkness 2, Pirates, and Spec Ops: The Line are all ranging from really good-to-great. For $1, one of those in there's a steal; all 3 is no-brainer...if you somehow don't own these. Pirates is a fun sandbox, but can get repetitive - but for $1, you should get at least 5-10 hours of fun out of it. Darkness 2 is a really good horror-themed shooter. Spec Ops: The Line is under-rated as hell for a third-person cover shooter and has one of the more interesting stories & character developments in this genre.

Personally, I think it's worth the $20 top tier just for Standard versions of both NBA 2K20 and WWE 2K20. I suck at NBA 2K games (probably b/c it's way more sim-like), but I do enjoy them b/c they really duplicate the real thing pretty well, IMHO.

About WWE 2K20 - big fan of WWE (and wrestling in general, TBH), so I figure it's worth the gamble on what could be a buggy game....or might be fixed-up enough by now. It's been patched a few times, so...I'll give it a shot. Thing is: you need to know if you've played a recent engine WWE 2K game before [WWE 2K15 to 2K19], to know if you like it - b/c it's way more sim-y than arcade-like these days. Some people just haven't liked the new sim-y approach and prefer the arcade-y combat. There's a heck of a roster here of Legends and current stars (as usual) and a ton of matches types & modes (as usual) - so, as a fan, it's usually worth it for me every year to drop $20-something or less on it. I know I'll get mileage out of it (i.e. at least 20 hours or more); I always do.

Haven't played much of the 2nd tier - but Bioshock: The Collection, if you somehow don't own this, it's all great. All three games are great and a very easy recommendation.  If you like System Shock 2 or Prey 2017, you should be all aboard for Bioshock: The Collection. All of them have really good gameplay & combat (where you mix gun-play and magic...and can come up w/ cool combo attacks), but the stories - especially in Bio1, Bio 2's DLC Minerva's Den, and Bio Infinite are fantastic. If you are interested in Bioshock Collection and the other games in Tier 2 - Bio: TC has been $10 or so on NewEgg at its lowest if you ask ITAD - https://isthereanyde...ollection/info/

I will report on my thoughts of WWE 2K20 at some point, when I actually take some time to play it - but if it's a bug-fest and/or too messy, I might just go right back to 2K19.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic