* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#122731 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1487 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:41 PM

Wanderlust: Transsiberian is FREE on GOG for 72 hours:

https://www.gog.com/

The button to claim the game is on the front page as usual. Just scroll down a little bit.

#122732 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6088 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:59 PM

Forza Motorsport 7 is reaching "End of Life" status & this game and its DLC's are getting de-listed on Sept. 15:

Not the best Forza Motorsport to be honest... but it is the only one on the PC.  (If you don't include Forza Apex, which is more tech demo of F6 than a full game.)

Career mode will give you plenty of things to do, you bounce around to a lot of different cars which is needed do to the biggest issue in the game...  Homologate.  To race in that series (say hypercars, classic super car, rally (classic, modern(?), monster) you chose a car in that series and you don't really get to upgrade it because the restrictions are so freaking tight.  Its not like previous version where you could drive the same car in quite a bit of the races/series.  Also some of the cars in those classes are horrendous and other cars are vastly superior (granted, this has always been a problem) but some of the cars you really want cannot be bought and have to be earned.  Which can be fine, but its RNG.  I play a lot of games with random stuff/loot (Borderlands, Division, PoE, The ole Marvel Heroes, etc.) and it can drive gameplay...  Here it hinders it.

After the career mode, which is lengthy, you'll find yourself needing more money to unlock stuff you want and the best way to earn it is running certain cars (Forza edition cars that get bonuses on certain tracks, or at certain times of day), on certain tracks, and well...  That can get tedious as you have to use cards (random again) to gain extra money/XP.  The cards have limited uses so to maximize value  your running a hell of a lot of laps in one race at these tracks.  (Like running Le Mans (Old track) in a Ford GT, or a BMW G4 at the Nurburgring full circuit.)

Anyhow, as much as I bitch about it its a good game.  I have 219 hours in it.

#122733 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26906 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for all of that, Inmate; much appreciated.

For all those doing the sim-cade and/or sim racers - which is the best? Assetto Corsa? Forza Motorsport 7? Projects Cars games? Other?

#122734 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5755 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:48 PM

For all those doing the sim-cade and/or sim racers - which is the best? Assetto Corsa? Forza Motorsport 7? Projects Cars games? Other?

The versions of the racing sim IPs that I’ve played aren’t the newest in their respective franchises, but the general consensus seems to be that Assetto Corsa is the simmiest. In terms of actual fun, that kinda depends on what you’re looking for. I know Project Cars (1) was praised for its weather/day cycles over its contemporary sims, though I haven’t heard how well or if newer entries in the other franchises have implemented similar systems; Forza probably has the most to do and is generally the most gamified, or at least it was in the past; Project Cars (1) had very little gamification, it just sort of throws you into the middle of the action; and Project Cars 3 is supposed to add some arcadey gameplay in, so I think it wasn’t well received by racing sim enthusiasts.

#122735 Unfinisheddoug  

Unfinisheddoug

Posted 30 July 2021 - 06:35 PM

Free Steam Games:

Human: Fall Flat - W7JHG-WTNLW-TGWDP

Pang Adventures - FCTVY-ADPJ3-EC2XH

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - QTW80-JXR6I-K5C08

The Flame in the Flood - 5K77Z-WKRWL-9LNL3

ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition - TVKHE-7BNIT-RZHV4
Puzzle Agent - KWBW4-GWDNV-AXFAC
Puzzle Agent 2 - JADX4-F0F2D-XLMBY

Thomas Was Alone - 6VJC3-CQJ8P-PHMA2

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 2K28K-C3DT9-CP0GH

The Walking Dead: Season 1 - PVWLV-B678C-IFHXT

:wave:

I grabbed The Walking Dead. Much appreciated, Spuke!

#122736 Baltore  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 06:52 PM

Iracing, but that's for serious sim-racers only. 

#122737 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8606 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 09:19 PM

The impossible has happened.

Team Sonic Racing is on sale for $3.99 on Steam.  :hot:

https://store.steamp...m_Sonic_Racing/

And Sonic Mania is on sale for $1.99 on Steam as well.  :hot:

https://store.steamp...00/Sonic_Mania/

Ends August 4th!  :whee:

The game Two Point Hospital is also free to play on Steam this weekend with free Sonic-themed items to claim.

(Two Point Hospital was on a Humble Monthly way back whenever, so I already own it.  :shock: )

#122738 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8606 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 09:20 PM

I played both games on Game Pass on Xbox One.  Assetto Corsa is horrible.  I felt like I was fighting the controls the entire time. 

Forza Motorsport 7 looks great and handles decently for the most part.

#122739 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26906 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:17 PM

The Ascent on Game Pass for PC is lacking DLSS & RT support, though Steam-version has those features:

https://www.pcgamer....sing-game-pass/

#122740 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:59 AM

The Game Pass version of The Ascent also lacks the option to change difficulty and DX11 simply doesn't work, which is a problem since the game supposedly stutters a lot less in DX11 vs DX12.

Played for a bit yesterday and I'm iffy on it. Gameplay seems kinda fun in the early going but there are some baffling UI/menu decisions. Menus in particular are frustrating to navigate and sometimes the text is just way too small and a pain to read. Game generally maintains 60+ FPS on 1080p ultra for me (GTX 1660) but there's the occasional massive hitch. Very noticeable during big explosions. The art style does look great though. Sound design is strong. Character creation is an absolute joke, unfortunately. The main hub area is huge and insanely detailed but a pain in the ass to navigate, which is made worse by the garbage map.

Stopped it for now to play some other things. Really want to like this since we need more fun twin-stick shooters but might wait for a patch or two before jumping back in.

#122741 Smkane112  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 02:53 AM

I'm enjoying The Ascent so far.  However no sprint is annoying I prefer to get to places quickly and also L3 for greased is a pain in the arse i throw them by accident all the time.

#122742 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6088 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 31 July 2021 - 03:51 AM

I've not played PC2 (or 3 if out) but the orginal PC and Assetto Corsa can likely be amazing but you got to really dial in the controls because out of the box its pretty much a disaster. (AC less so than PC)

IRacing has a monthly fee, is by far the best, but a keyboard/mouse or a controller isn't going to get it done. You need a wheel and pedals. (Also, I think single player content is pretty limited. You're suppose to race against other people.

Honestly, I think Motorsports 7 is the best option. It will teach you how to get better without smashing you across the head with a keyboard. Make a mistake, rewind, do it again and get it right. Turn it off when you feel confident (or leave it on and just don't use it. Perfect for the pet owner/parent that has to deal with possible distraction.)

#122743 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11281 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:14 AM

For anyone who is a fan of Arx Fatalis or Ultima Underworld or King's Field, the Monomyth developer just released a demo on Steam and launched a Kickstarter campaign to generate funds to finish up (he's already past his goal and on to stretch goals).  Price on KS is approximately $18.

https://store.steamp...08360/Monomyth/

#122744 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:30 AM

For anyone who is a fan of Arx Fatalis or Ultima Underworld or King's Field, the Monomyth developer just released a demo on Steam and launched a Kickstarter campaign to generate funds to finish up (he's already past his goal and on to stretch goals).  Price on KS is approximately $18.

https://store.steamp...08360/Monomyth/

I've spent the last decade (in the bathroom) hoping for a proper King's Field sequel so I'll give this a shot. Also, I tried getting into The Ascent and ended up just deleting it after about 45 minutes. I might give it another try when the game works properly on GamePass. I recently picked up a new Ultrawide monitor and it looked stunning when it wasn't hitching and stuttering, but it was constantly hitching and stuttering.

#122745 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8606 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:11 AM

Still Life is free to own on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind....com/still-life

#122746 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:29 AM

I'm enjoying The Ascent so far. However no sprint is annoying I prefer to get to places quickly

I spam the roll button. It's no sprint, but still faster than the default walking.

#122747 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 31 July 2021 - 07:37 PM

Just wanted to share that I found my house in Flight Simulator:

kfHqGfV.jpg

Planning on a high resolution remodel sometime next year.

#122748 Smkane112  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:13 PM

I spam the roll button. It's no sprint, but still faster than the default walking.

haha ye i do the samething

#122749 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15338 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:25 PM

kfHqGfV.jpg

Man that Animal Crossing Switch really must have some horses in it to pull off such a high def picture of your house. And pigs, and raccoons, and all that other cute stuff that creepy furries probably masturbate to.

#122750 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:02 PM

Man that Animal Crossing Switch really must have some horses in it to pull off such a high def picture of your house. And pigs, and raccoons, and all that other cute stuff that creepy furries probably masturbate to.

PowerfulDirtyBeaver-size_restricted.gif

#122751 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:46 PM

Must've been expensive to have your home designed by Monet.

#122752 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5166 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:28 PM

kfHqGfV.jpg

Hey, I can even see you playing games on the crapper through the window there!

#122753 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 01 August 2021 - 05:40 PM

Must've been expensive to have your home designed by Monet.

It is my understanding that the original owner was Gumby.

#122754 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26906 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:47 PM

It is my understanding that the original owner was Gumby.

tenor.gif?itemid=16372729

#122755 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26906 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:32 PM

ELEX - My Review.

Just finished-up Elex with its main quest (i.e. once the Credits roll) and then some (i.e. there's extra Epilogue here, which deals with all your decisions & your companions both in game & with final panels/screens about everything), after running around with a huge number of 86 hours w/ this game, according to Steam, as I pretty much did almost every quest here in the game that I could here (for both main and side quests).

While being a PB game and being difficult is still here, this can all be fixed. This difficulty problem can be fixed, if you're having issues, no matter whether you want it easier and/or harder (or you could leave it well alone, if all's going well for you), as there are ways to tailor that to your wants & needs. There are around a handful at least here of different setting for Overall Difficulty Modes here.

Not only this, but players can go further & go with a Custom difficulty here, even tailoring certain aspects to be tuned a certain way here. When going Custom here, you can set yourself to do different degrees of damage to enemies; let enemies do different degrees of damage; change the amount of stamina used (or no use of stamina period, if you want to take it that far); etc etc. These features here are certainly welcome here, so that all players can actually at least finish the game once ... and/or then decide to run the game a different direction and/or tailor the difficulty to their wants & needs, whenever & however they feel like it.

Elex is great, despite not being perfect. The story, characters, game-world, dialogue, writing, voice-acting & music are all fantastic...and are the main reasons to play this game. Certainly, these are all great reasons to play Elex, as this is their best game since their original groundbreaking game Gothic 1, IMHO.

#122756 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5933 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:59 PM

Elex is criminally underrated. The jetpack alone makes this genre of RPGs more palatable for people tired of walking everywhere. I am stoked for the sequel and hope it exceeds the original. I liked that the Albs were cold and emotionless like robots.

#122757 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 01:01 AM

Elex is criminally underrated. 

Looked it up. Wait ... it takes place on a planet called "MAGAland, home to a civilization of millions"?

#122758 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26906 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 10:17 PM

IndieGala Freebie:

Return to Mysterious Island 2:

https://freebies.ind...erious-island-2

#122759 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11281 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:23 AM

For fans of ELEX who never played PB's Gothic series, the 'Universe' bundle (which includes Gothic 1, 2, and 3) is currently $4 on Fanatical.  Usually the same price during most Steam sales, too.  Highly recommend it despite the dated graphics in the first two -- it actually serves as a nice juxtaposition as to how much depth they put into these early games and how they influenced later ones in the genre.

https://www.fanatica...niverse-edition

#122760 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5166 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 03 August 2021 - 03:36 AM

For fans of ELEX who never played PB's Gothic series, the 'Universe' bundle (which includes Gothic 1, 2, and 3) is currently $4 on Fanatical. Usually the same price during most Steam sales, too. Highly recommend it despite the dated graphics in the first two -- it actually serves as a nice juxtaposition as to how much depth they put into these early games and how they influenced later ones in the genre.

https://www.fanatica...niverse-edition

The Gothic voice acting is also top notch

https://youtu.be/IYGUgCaai4o
https://youtu.be/Tb8IeEQ7OPg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic