* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#123991 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:05 PM

It's funny but the older (lazier?) I get, the less I find myself being able to get into traditional CRPGs.  When I was younger I played them all the time, especially stuff like the AD&D Gold Box series.  Maybe the advent of technology of 3D graphics and pewpew open world shooters has devolved my tastes.

For me it's lazier. Excessive micromanagement is maybe the biggest turn-off for me in a game these days and it seems like a staple of the genre. Which is a shame because the story and writing of games like DOS2 sounds terrific. Makes me glad that Disco Elysium sounds like a CRPG that's all of the good with none of the bad.

#123992 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:20 PM

Played a whole bunch of FH5 and less than a dozen hours of FH4. They're largely similar gameplay/story/mode-wise, but the map in FH5 is larger and just so much more fun to explore. FH5 looks better at highest settings but also requires a beefier setup (specifically a decent modern CPU, at least six cores). FH5 also has has some notable bugs that need fixing: Online is improved from launch but still iffy, and there are issues with Ultra textures, Anisotropic Filtering and SSAO.

Should also be mentioned that I've seen complaints about the Steam version of FH4 having stuttering that isn't present in the Game Pass version. Didn't play it on Steam but I did play on Game Pass and even on a 4C/4T ancient CPU it was stutter free at 1080P High/Ultra. Thought about picking it up on Steam so I'd have it even after it gets de-listed but I don't know if the stuttering ever got fixed, so YMMV.

EDIT: Also, it's nothing to realistically worry about, but I hope Playground puts more effort into the story and writing of their upcoming Fable game than they do for the Forza games. Because the "How do you do, fellow kids?" vibes from these two games is just way too overwhelming.

Cool thanks for the write up. My computer is almost 10 years old so the difference between the two seems more negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#123993 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:33 PM

It's funny but the older (lazier?) I get, the less I find myself being able to get into traditional CRPGs. When I was younger I played them all the time, especially stuff like the AD&D Gold Box series. Maybe the advent of technology of 3D graphics and pewpew open world shooters has devolved my tastes.

That is how I feel about point and click adventures. I loved them when I was younger but now when I get stumped I'm more tempted in pulling up a walkthrough than puzzling through it on my own. Doesn't stop me from buying them though!

#123994 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:41 PM

Did the Stadia deal for the free bundle with $30 game. Since it was my first purchase I got $10 off and got RE8 for $20 and still got the free bundle. 

I'm pretty shocked how good RE8 looks. When I tried Stadia and Luna in the past the visual quality never seemed great. I recently tried xcloud on my PC and that looked much better. I'm not sure if something changed or maybe I had a setting wrong or something, but RE8 looks great.

Game's really fun too. I finished the second section last night and that is probably the scariest section of any RE game. There was no combat, just simple puzzles and lots of creepy shit. 

#123995 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27153 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:55 PM

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced.

HD Art Pack (version 1.0) by Beamdog Released:

News over on Steam.

BeamDog's File Page.

- Installer for the HD Art Pack (version 1.0).

- ZIP file for HD Art Pack (version 1.0). Just unzip to NWN:EE folder properly.

SIDE NOTE: The files all are for OVR folder (Override Folder). Might wanna back the OVR folder before-hand, before putting these files in there. Sure, they look nice - but expect a performance hit for using them. And some are complaining the new pack's causing issues w/ certain modules. 

#123996 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10815 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 12:09 AM

I feel as I grow older I'm way less patient with games and some other things in general too like books and TV series/Anime. For CRPGs and just RPGS in general I sometimes roll my eyes now at stat allocation, grinding and all these interesting battle systems. This isn't even mentioning padding upon padding and some stories that take forever to get going. I just get bored a lot easier. I'm likely cancelling my Gamepass because I don't beat games often, so it's more of a try before you buy service for me. The last RPG I really liked enough sans some wonky storytelling was Trials of Mana. There was stat allocation and all, but it was relatively straightforward and had a more action packed battle system. I don't mean to insult anyone btw when I give my quick impressions. Some games do feel horrible, but most of the ones I try are good for someone. I just don't get that excited anymore and it takes a lot to really impress me now.

#123997 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 25 November 2021 - 12:31 AM

For CRPGs and just RPGS in general I sometimes roll my eyes now at stat allocation, grinding and all these interesting battle systems. This isn't even mentioning padding upon padding and some stories that take forever to get going. I just get bored a lot easier. I'm likely cancelling my Gamepass because I don't beat games often, so it's more of a try before you buy service for me.

I feel like for this reason in particular and especially for those genres, Game Pass has been a terrific service and makes me want to keep it even more. It's so easy now to bounce off a game once I start to feel like it's not clicking. Two in particular within the last year were Dragon Quest XI and Wasteland 3. Both games I had on my Steam wishlist, both games I tried on Game Pass, both games that I ditched once I realized I was spending way too much time doing insignificant things. I buy either game on Steam and I feel like I need to keep pushing forward to justify the purchase. But with Game Pass my impatience is no longer an issue.

#123998 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9841 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 01:23 AM

I'll be getting Divinity Original Sin 2 this go around. Finally beat the first game and jonesing for more!

Good on you for playing the first game first.  Smart move; great game. 

#123999 Combatking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Combatking

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:29 AM

Oh hey! They finally discounted RDR2 more than 33% off for the Steam version

#124000 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 03:02 AM

I'll be getting Divinity Original Sin 2 this go around. Finally beat the first game and jonesing for more!

Telekinesis is fun. Barrels of doom and polymorph chicken are your friend for some fine grilled poultry.

#124001 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6128 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 25 November 2021 - 03:11 AM

Any of you played both Forza Horizon 4 and 5? All of this FH5 talk got me interested, but I see that FH4 is on sale for $20, so may get that instead. Curious if FH5 is that much better than 4.

Honestly, if you don't need to be playing the newest thing there's not a big difference between Horizon 4 and Horizon 5.

#124002 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:10 AM

Picked up fire pro world for six bucks and am looking at bloodstained for 16$ but my backlog is telling me that can wait

#124003 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:48 AM

Honestly, if you don't need to be playing the newest thing there's not a big difference between Horizon 4 and Horizon 5.

They are both realistic looking driving games, they are on game pass for pc I think the biggest draw of horizon 5 is new courses? I didn’t play either game for more than an hour because there was no way to shoot at the other cars. I’d rather play gta but that isn’t forzas fault

#124004 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5815 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:54 AM

I've been jumping back and forth between CRPGs and open world games for the past few years too. Lately, I've been doing more open world, but I do love a good grind and have a hard time restraining myself from trying to be a completionist...and those take up sooo much time. Heck, I'm just now getting around to finishing up Skyrim.

DOS2 is a special game. I think it rises above your typical RPG/Strat game in every way. The writing and the world are both fantastic. The choices it allows you to make in your approach to, well, everything... are nearly endless. I've got a soft-spot for the Pillars of Eternity series too, thanks to some great writing. It's a lot more serious and a more traditional CRPG in every way, but it's one of the best, imo. 

I still can't get into deckbuilders. I know that's a popular genre, but none of them have clicked with me well enough to allow me to give it a chance.

#124005 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:07 AM

Some extra spicy Black Friday deals:

Leisure Suit Larry Artbook - ?EMN2-L8BW7-X7W87

Leisure Suit Larry Soundtrack 1 - ?L9BW-0PB6M-VAQFD

Leisure Suit Larry Soundtrack 2 - ?LNLG-HY7D2-A0AVP

? = The amount of action Wa1terSobchak will see this holiday weekend (hint - zero)

#124006 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:44 AM

I still can't get into deckbuilders. I know that's a popular genre, but none of them have clicked with me well enough to allow me to give it a chance.

Have you tried Slay the Spire? That is widely considered the cream of the crop. If have tried that game, then I would say that your probably just don’t like the genre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#124007 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27153 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:19 PM

I've been jumping back and forth between CRPGs and open world games for the past few years too. Lately, I've been doing more open world, but I do love a good grind and have a hard time restraining myself from trying to be a completionist...and those take up sooo much time. Heck, I'm just now getting around to finishing up Skyrim.

DOS2 is a special game. I think it rises above your typical RPG/Strat game in every way. The writing and the world are both fantastic. The choices it allows you to make in your approach to, well, everything... are nearly endless. I've got a soft-spot for the Pillars of Eternity series too, thanks to some great writing. It's a lot more serious and a more traditional CRPG in every way, but it's one of the best, imo. 

Man, I really need to get into DOS1; and eventually buy DOS2.

Divine Divinity; Beyond Divinity; and Divinity 2 ED/DKS/DC Editions are all so underrated.

#124008 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27153 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 04:08 PM

Epic Store - Freebies:

This Week:

-> Antstream: Epic Welcome Pack

-> TheHunter: Call of the Wild

Next Week:

-> Dead by Daylight

-> While True: Learn - Data Scientist Edition

#124009 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9841 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 05:17 PM

3 months of Xbox Gamepass is $14.99 at Costco

#124010 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:55 PM

I did some silly digital shopping...

Spoiler

All pretty much at record lows (or matching records low).  The Humble discount helped. 

#124011 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:51 PM

I’m considering grabbing Episode I Racer for $2.22 from GameBillet, what are the odds it gets bundled between now and when I actually sit down to play it in 2027?

#124012 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:07 PM

Gamebillet seems like it has great deals. I didn't get anything from them this sale (due to overspending on console stuff mainly) but have had good luck with them in the past. 

#124013 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:21 PM

Gamebillet seems like it has great deals. I didn't get anything from them this sale (due to overspending on console stuff mainly) but have had good luck with them in the past. 

It helps if you have a card that does foreign currencies at not additional cost.  I use PayPal with such a card and get a slightly more favorable exchange rate, which makes the discounts just a little sweeter.

#124014 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:27 PM

3 months of Xbox Gamepass is $14.99 at Costco.

That’s extremely solid, almost enough to get me to buy a Costco membership

#124015 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1555 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:39 PM

Evil Within 2 is at a near all time low at IndieGala for only a few hours ($4.57)

https://www.indiegal...within-2/601430

#124016 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27153 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 12:56 AM

Since someone (TheKBob) mentioned The Evil Within 2 and weird games, I got one to mention.

So, I decided to check out for a bit Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Almost an hour in or so. This is a really draining, strange, and off-the-wall experience, to say the very least. A lot of interesting stuff going on, as there's constant chatter in her head, as she has all kinds of voices in her head....and it's non-stop. The voices are in constantly in her heads...telling her info on puzzles, telling her stories, giving her advice, and reacting to what the player's doing. She also sees rune symbols and other weird stuff and can use that to solve puzzles, open doors, and learn more about history. The game is visually gorgeous & a vicious feast for players' eyes to say the least, especially now w/ new features of RTX On and DLSS On, both that was just added very recently. Combat feels very unique & really good, despite often feeling like they are coming with the combat sequences itself & enemies right out of nowhere, just like the voices that are often in her head. I'm having no problem, running this at 1080p60fps and all maxed-out on my PC...which is loaded with a 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; and 8GB VRAM-based RTX 3070.

More to come, when I play some more.

#124017 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11345 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:14 AM

Since the GPU market is forked it will be a while before I upgrade to a 1440p 144hz monitor but it's good to see those are now at fairly reasonable prices of around $200-250ish for a 27" version.

#124018 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27153 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:46 AM

Since the GPU market is forked it will be a while before I upgrade to a 1440p 144hz monitor but it's good to see those are now at fairly reasonable prices of around $200-250ish for a 27" version.

What card are you rocking right now in your rig?

#124019 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27153 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 02:44 AM

Fanatical.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition -> Steam = $11.99

PoE II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition includes:

- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (base-game)

- DLC Content Packs 1-3

(Beast of Winter DLC; Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC; & The Forgotten Sanctum DLC)

- Defiant Apparal

- Cosmo The Space Pig

- Digital P&P Guide

- Official Soundtrack

- Hi-Res Digital Map

- Digital GuideBook, Volume 2.

#124020 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5901 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:36 AM

Evil Within 2 is at a near all time low at IndieGala for only a few hours ($4.57)

https://www.indiegal...within-2/601430

Since someone (TheKBob) mentioned The Evil Within 2 and weird games, I got one to mention. [insert MysterD wall of text here]

5301e899-9086-4ecb-8cf9-965c4c46d7b0_tex