* * * - - 2 votes

Smash Bros. for Wii U - NNID Exchange & Discussion - MOST WEDNESDAYS

Wii U Smash Bros Smash Nintendo Amiibo

#271 Mad D   CAG lurker since 04 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

I'll check in 530-ish Pacific 

Also watching some of your stream during my lunch break!

#272 Mad D   CAG lurker since 04 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:59 AM

I'm getting something like 5Mbps I have some new neighbors and haven't checked my signal strength in a while. So reseting for me.

#273 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14186 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:32 AM

We have a room open.

#274 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3485 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:45 AM

We have a room open.

Local Battle!

And Mad D is in For Glory.

Bait n Switch confirmed!

#275 Mad D   CAG lurker since 04 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

OK Ok Im back. My connection is stable now obviously.

I see Rig and Dyenom not in for glory games.

Rig should host since he has friends over. I'm going to wait in the lobby like a good boy.

--

Now me and Dyenom are playing in a room

#276 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14186 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

Dang, sorry guys. We stayed on and waited a bit, but, had to drop off.

#277 Mad D   CAG lurker since 04 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

Fun games Dyenom. Had fun using characters I don't usually use, I see you were probably too. Even had fun during those Bower/Ganonsides matches (you sonaofa..shaking fist :lol:)  I bet you never seen a Cloud SD like that! Glad the lag mostly cleared up after those first several games.

It's ok Rig, the motto of this thread: Next time!

#278 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

I already mentioned in our PMs, but I'd like to apologize to Cero and his brother for the disconnect during game 3 in our losers finals match for the doubles tournament.  My Wii U probably overheated due to the way I have stuff setup (happened several times since I got the console last May/June).  My friend thought I had raged quit -_-.  He felt there was just enough lag that was messing up his movements as he complained he could not take advantage of Cero's basic style of play!  I didn't notice anything except that his brother was much better than I had anticipated especially considering how my match against Thatguy went (and Cero's/Thatguy's round 1 match was really close)

Also sorry I didn't have time to do a writeup.  I still wasn't feeling well from the prior week.  That and I haven't been on CAG for nearly 2 months due to a significant change in my life.  Despite the time it takes to review every game in a match and figure out what to write, I thoroughly enjoyed doing stuff like that. 

Anyway if anyone wants to get a bunch of 1 on 1s just post here.  I can be on around 11 PM ET nearly any day of the week.  Despite following competitive smash for over a decade, I just don't have the actual hours put in compared to any of my friends (for reference the pro gamer friend has nearly 10,000 hours of brawl played of his Wii.  I would say I have maybe 4-500 hrs across all smash games).

#279 cero5   Yuno Gasai is one crazy B**** CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:51 PM

I already mentioned in our PMs, but I'd like to apologize to Cero and his brother for the disconnect during game 3 in our losers finals match for the doubles tournament.  My Wii U probably overheated due to the way I have stuff setup (happened several times since I got the console last May/June).  My friend thought I had raged quit -_-.  He felt there was just enough lag that was messing up his movements as he complained he could not take advantage of Cero's basic style of play!  I didn't notice anything except that his brother was much better than I had anticipated especially considering how my match against Thatguy went (and Cero's/Thatguy's round 1 match was really close)

Also sorry I didn't have time to do a writeup.  I still wasn't feeling well from the prior week.  That and I haven't been on CAG for nearly 2 months due to a significant change in my life.  Despite the time it takes to review every game in a match and figure out what to write, I thoroughly enjoyed doing stuff like that. 

Anyway if anyone wants to get a bunch of 1 on 1s just post here.  I can be on around 11 PM ET nearly any day of the week.  Despite following competitive smash for over a decade, I just don't have the actual hours put in compared to any of my friends (for reference the pro gamer friend has nearly 10,000 hours of brawl played of his Wii.  I would say I have maybe 4-500 hrs across all smash games).

Basic? ouch that hurts.....

#280 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:24 AM

Lol if Cero is basic, then it is very difficult to overcome basic things :P. Either way I'm up for some 1 on 1s. My schedule is kinda crappy because I have finals coming up in about a week, but we could probably work something out.

#281 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:35 AM

Basic? ouch that hurts.....

Don't change your style of play as it worked for you.  I paraphrased my friend's text:

"Roy player just plays a flowchart game but lag won't let me punish.  Kept abusing spot dodges and it was impossible to grab him with the lag".

Personally until I start getting confident with basic smash fundamentals, I will keep to a campy hit and run style.  That's actually considered the ideal/optimal style of play in competitive smash as there is a time limit.  It's just that the vast majority of "the smash community" frown upon that playstyle.

Lol if Cero is basic, then it is very difficult to overcome basic things :P. Either way I'm up for some 1 on 1s. My schedule is kinda crappy because I have finals coming up in about a week, but we could probably work something out.

Just post times when you can play.  I back up my console when not in use and try to only get on when I know others are definitely on.

#282 cero5   Yuno Gasai is one crazy B**** CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Don't change your style of play as it worked for you. I paraphrased my friend's text:
"Roy player just plays a flowchart game but lag won't let me punish. Kept abusing spot dodges and it was impossible to grab him with the lag".

Personally until I start getting confident with basic smash fundamentals, I will keep to a campy hit and run style. That's actually considered the ideal/optimal style of play in competitive smash as there is a time limit. It's just that the vast majority of "the smash community" frown upon that playstyle.

Just post times when you can play. I back up my console when not in use and try to only get on when I know others are definitely on.

I'll take that criticism and apply it thanks, some advice I have for him is to grab way less and camp less at the edge.those were the flaws that made him predictable.plus Samus's grab has soooo much lag ...

#283 evergoo   Proud to be Frugal CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

I feel like I've missed out on the Smash Wii U meta completely. Is there still an active community?  :cry:

Also, Mad D, mind re-sharing/re-posting the R.O.B. avatar you have of me? :D

#284 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14186 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

I don't think I've played with any CAGs in quite a while.  My friends and I still play fairly regularly Wednesday nights.  Should be on tomorrow (Wednesday) if people want to jump on and play.  Usually around 7:00-9:30 PM Central.

#285 Mad D   CAG lurker since 04 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

Goo! I'll have to check an old hard drive for it. I think Blue may have asked for this too months ago :lol:

#286 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

I may be on tonight and Saturday (unless I'm watching EVO).  Let me know if anyone wants to play