* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#31 malagu  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

Rosalina & Luma finally arrived!  :D/

UPS delivered very late.

Delivered On: Monday,  02/09/2015 at 8:23 P.M.

Left At: Porch

PU0gk0N.jpg

#32 elbarto1  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:43 AM

Rosalina & Luma finally arrived! Delivered On: Monday, 02/09/2015 at 8:23 P.M. Left At: Porch

*runs to your porch first being chased by a bike and a zeppelin. Shoves you, trys to buy more than you*

#33 TrailerTed   Amiibo Hunter CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

TrailerTed

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

Rosalina & Luma finally arrived!

UPS delivered very late.

Delivered On: Monday,  02/09/2015 at 8:23 P.M.

Left At: Porch

I had an estimated delivery date from Target between the 4th and 9th...  Needless to say, she never showed up yet.  I really hope my bad luck with Target doesn't happen twice in a row with my Amiibo orders :wall:

#34 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

good job op

#35 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:01 AM

Do we have release dates on Sonic and Mega Man?

#36 chiuaha5734  

chiuaha5734

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

My Fox shipped from Best Buy today, thought they would cancel it.

#37 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

173b5db079d284ce2d16886eebc2c69abc4bd6ae
Kinda wanted to see how far the other thread would go, oh well.

The OP of this thread said they got the OP permission along with a mod's permission to make a new thread. I wanted to see how long the other would go.

#38 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10181 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

Do we have release dates on Sonic and Mega Man?

I finally got a delivery estimate for Sonic, should be here this Friday, one less that I have to worry about. The only one I need is Mega Man assuming Shulk comes through with no problems, I could use a domestic Ike and King Dedede but I don't need them.

#39 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:08 AM

I finally got a delivery estimate for Sonic, should be here this Friday, one less that I have to worry about. The only one I need is Mega Man assuming Shulk comes through with no problems, I could use a domestic Ike and King Dedede but I don't need them.

Right, but do we have an idea when stores are due to start stocking both characters?

#40 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

Argue argue argue 2.0. I'm ready! Thanks for the new thread though.

#41 malagu  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:10 AM

From reddit:

2/9?

• Bowser [Walmart]
  • Sheik [Walmart]
  • Toon Link [Walmart]

2/13

• Ike [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • King Dedede [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • Mega Man [Toys 'R' Us]
  • Sheik [GameStop]
  • Shulk [GameStop]
  • Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
  • Toon Link [GameStop]

2/20

• Ike [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • King Dedede [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
  • Meta Knight [BestBuy]
  • Sonic [GameStop]

#42 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10181 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

Right, but do we have an idea when stores are due to start stocking both characters?

This Friday or next Friday, it's all up in the air as far as I'm concerned.
I read here that King Dedede and Ike are this Friday while the other two are next Friday, pick your battle.

#43 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

Sweet. I'll stop in after work next Friday at Toys R Us and see what they have left.

#44 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

From reddit:

2/9?

• Bowser [Walmart]
  • Sheik [Walmart]
  • Toon Link [Walmart]

2/13

• Ike [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • King Dedede [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • Mega Man [Toys 'R' Us]
  • Sheik [GameStop]
  • Shulk [GameStop]
  • Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
  • Toon Link [GameStop]

2/20

• Ike [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • King Dedede [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
  • Meta Knight [BestBuy]
  • Sonic [GameStop]

this needs to be added to the OP

#45 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23375 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:32 AM

I'm sure this is the millionth time this has been asked but did we ever get a concrete answer on what's up with the GS store pick up orders being closed? 

If they really are cancelled, I'm SoL on Ike, Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man.:-( 

#46 DGGames  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:32 AM

The Amiibo community seemed much more genuine to the idea of collecting Amiibo that mattered to them personally, not others.  I remember Twitter's post when TRU had Villager up for $18.99 (after shipping) on eBay and I passed on it because I don't give a damn about Villager...still don't!

Now on reddit and sometimes here, I see terms like "unicorn" and questions about rarity, and the absolute worst, the "trader" who hates the "scalper" because the scalper buys all the Amiibo so that the trader cannot buy up all the Amiibo to trade.  Meanwhile, Nintendo can't pull it's head out of it's ass to make a decent profit from a corporate standpoint, so I fear they will take the negative feedback from angry fanboys and retailers and flood the market, which will obviously now kill the momentum created mostly by resale value.

I think the Amiibo community would have been better of if we didn't go mainstream to begin with.  Then, out of the 20K posts maybe 150 of them were of actual useful information, and unfortunately on the new thread this post is just another of many that do not provide value (an actual Amiibo deal and link!).

Couldn't have said it better myself. Scalpers == Traders, there isn't any difference (I will believe they are different the day I see a trader happily trading, say Villager, for a SSB Mario or Pikachu). They are the reason most of the real amiibo hype is gone (i.e. fans and collectors alike looking to get their favorites / a complete collection respectively) and replaced by the rarity and value instead.

I want a Meta Knight and King Dedede because I am super excited about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, not because they are rare. I was super excited to get my hands on Mario on day one just because he is a character I like...

#47 Kaigetsudo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Kaigetsudo

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

Can anyone tell me what their experience has been getting Amiibo at Walmart on launch dates? I'm debating whether or not I should be there on the 20th when they open, but I know their amiibo stock to be pathetic.

#48 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

I'm sure this is the millionth time this has been asked but did we ever get a concrete answer on what's up with the GS store pick up orders being closed? 

If they really are cancelled, I'm SoL on Ike, Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man. :-( 

holy crap this question will not die, perhaps we can add this to the OP as well

the online preorder ship to stores are showing closed because GS.com has shipped them to the store and their end is closed, you should receive a text message on Wednesday notifying you that the amiibos will be available for pickup Friday

#49 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2875 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

Let's get some deals! Be nice to go beyond just GCU although the GCU + B2G1 has worked out VERY well for me so far. All of wave 2 and 3 so far...

#50 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10181 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Can anyone tell me what their experience has been getting Amiibo at Walmart on launch dates? I'm debating whether or not I should be there on the 20th when they open, but I know their amiibo stock to be pathetic.

I think you have a better chance of finding 10 ladies with her muffin top hanging out then seeing amiibos on the shelf.

The Lucario I got today. =(

gallery_170244_8511_478272.jpg

#51 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

Don't waste your time. All my Wal-Mart's have had for months is Mario, Peach and Samus.

#52 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

Let's get some deals! Be nice to go beyond just GCU although the GCU + B2G1 has worked out VERY well for me so far. All of wave 2 and 3 so far...

good luck with that. I also acquired all of wave 2 and 3 with the BB b2g1 deal back on 12/7/14. Unfortunately had to pay retail for Rosalina, lucario and shulk:)

#53 DashingOne  

DashingOne

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:57 AM

I think it really depends on your Walmart. The one closest to me has basically turned to garbage. It's a mess, employees don't care, stock is never where it is supposed to be, and they can never find anything. I called and went instore around little macs release and as far as I know they have never got any characters besides wave 1. The same set has been there since December. They are mixed in with Disney infinity while the amiibo area has a bunch of stylses and 3ds cases.

On the other hand the next closest is well maintained and the employees are super helpful. They seemed to get regular shipments as about three weeks ago my sister found a Fox.

For me I'd say try Tru over Walmart or Bestbuy if you can. I have had nothing but bad experiences at my local store, and I feel like they would get so few employees would just snatch them up.

Sorry about the rant. I really hate my local Walmart.

#54 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

I think it really depends on your Walmart. The one closest to me has basically turned to garbage. It's a mess, employees don't care, stock is never where it is supposed to be, and they can never find anything. I called and went instore around little macs release and as far as I know they have never got any characters besides wave 1. The same set has been there since December. They are mixed in with Disney infinity while the amiibo area has a bunch of stylses and 3ds cases.

On the other hand the next closest is well maintained and the employees are super helpful. They seemed to get regular shipments as about three weeks ago my sister found a Fox.

For me I'd say try Tru over Walmart or Bestbuy if you can. I have had nothing but bad experiences at my local store, and I feel like they would get so few employees would just snatch them up.

Sorry about the rant. I really hate my local Walmart.

I think everyone hates their local Walmart.

#55 yamayama   •• Professional Beta Tester •• CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

Thanks for the updates OP, "Wii Fit Instructor" must be above unicorn tier. :P

#56 Catamaran   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Catamaran

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:15 AM

Has there been any hint of Gamestop having 1 or 2 Shulks for sale in store on Friday?

#57 MewlingQuim   I think I look good in spandex CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

MewlingQuim

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

Just got off the phone with my buddy that works at Target. Said that as soon as they scanned in the boxes of Rosalina, they had to mark it as discontinued (They had 3 boxes with 6 figures in each) and before they could even take them out to shelve them, a guy came up and bought all 18... I just want 1... Just 1.

#58 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:17 AM

Argghh...I wanted the other thread to exceed 1000 pages...oh well.

On topic, still waiting for my Lucarios and starting to get kinda restless. Hopefully tomorrow.

#59 Osbourne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

Just got off the phone with my buddy that works at Target. Said that as soon as they scanned in the boxes of Rosalina, they had to mark it as discontinued (They had 3 boxes with 6 figures in each) and before they could even take them out to shelve them, a guy came up and bought all 18... I just want 1... Just 1.

That's weird the amiibo come in boxes of 4 and we never mark anything discontinued in store. Kinda sucks that they let one person buy all of them too

#60 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Your buddy couldn't hold a single one for you? Why?