Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me what their experience has been getting Amiibo at Walmart on launch dates? I'm debating whether or not I should be there on the 20th when they open, but I know their amiibo stock to be pathetic.
I think you have a better chance of finding 10 ladies with her muffin top hanging out then seeing amiibos on the shelf.

The Lucario I got today. =(

gallery_170244_8511_478272.jpg

Can anyone tell me what their experience has been getting Amiibo at Walmart on launch dates? I'm debating whether or not I should be there on the 20th when they open, but I know their amiibo stock to be pathetic.

Don't waste your time. All my Wal-Mart's have had for months is Mario, Peach and Samus.

Let's get some deals! Be nice to go beyond just GCU although the GCU + B2G1 has worked out VERY well for me so far. All of wave 2 and 3 so far...
good luck with that. I also acquired all of wave 2 and 3 with the BB b2g1 deal back on 12/7/14. Unfortunately had to pay retail for Rosalina, lucario and shulk:)

I think it really depends on your Walmart. The one closest to me has basically turned to garbage. It's a mess, employees don't care, stock is never where it is supposed to be, and they can never find anything. I called and went instore around little macs release and as far as I know they have never got any characters besides wave 1. The same set has been there since December. They are mixed in with Disney infinity while the amiibo area has a bunch of stylses and 3ds cases.

On the other hand the next closest is well maintained and the employees are super helpful. They seemed to get regular shipments as about three weeks ago my sister found a Fox.

For me I'd say try Tru over Walmart or Bestbuy if you can. I have had nothing but bad experiences at my local store, and I feel like they would get so few employees would just snatch them up.

Sorry about the rant. I really hate my local Walmart.

I think it really depends on your Walmart. The one closest to me has basically turned to garbage. It's a mess, employees don't care, stock is never where it is supposed to be, and they can never find anything. I called and went instore around little macs release and as far as I know they have never got any characters besides wave 1. The same set has been there since December. They are mixed in with Disney infinity while the amiibo area has a bunch of stylses and 3ds cases.

On the other hand the next closest is well maintained and the employees are super helpful. They seemed to get regular shipments as about three weeks ago my sister found a Fox.

For me I'd say try Tru over Walmart or Bestbuy if you can. I have had nothing but bad experiences at my local store, and I feel like they would get so few employees would just snatch them up.

Sorry about the rant. I really hate my local Walmart.
I think everyone hates their local Walmart.

Has there been any hint of Gamestop having 1 or 2 Shulks for sale in store on Friday?

Just got off the phone with my buddy that works at Target. Said that as soon as they scanned in the boxes of Rosalina, they had to mark it as discontinued (They had 3 boxes with 6 figures in each) and before they could even take them out to shelve them, a guy came up and bought all 18... I just want 1... Just 1.

Argghh...I wanted the other thread to exceed 1000 pages...oh well.

On topic, still waiting for my Lucarios and starting to get kinda restless. Hopefully tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with my buddy that works at Target. Said that as soon as they scanned in the boxes of Rosalina, they had to mark it as discontinued (They had 3 boxes with 6 figures in each) and before they could even take them out to shelve them, a guy came up and bought all 18... I just want 1... Just 1.
That's weird the amiibo come in boxes of 4 and we never mark anything discontinued in store. Kinda sucks that they let one person buy all of them too

Your buddy couldn't hold a single one for you? Why?

The Amiibo community seemed much more genuine to the idea of collecting Amiibo that mattered to them personally, not others. I remember Twitter's post when TRU had Villager up for $18.99 (after shipping) on eBay and I passed on it because I don't give a damn about Villager...still don't!

Now on reddit and sometimes here, I see terms like "unicorn" and questions about rarity, and the absolute worst, the "trader" who hates the "scalper" because the scalper buys all the Amiibo so that the trader cannot buy up all the Amiibo to trade. Meanwhile, Nintendo can't pull it's head out of it's ass to make a decent profit from a corporate standpoint, so I fear they will take the negative feedback from angry fanboys and retailers and flood the market, which will obviously now kill the momentum created mostly by resale value.

I think the Amiibo community would have been better of if we didn't go mainstream to begin with. Then, out of the 20K posts maybe 150 of them were of actual useful information, and unfortunately on the new thread this post is just another of many that do not provide value (an actual Amiibo deal and link!).
I-LIKE-YOUR-9jivp0.jpg

What I've learned from all of this is that there are a few serious Nintendo nutjobs out there that really need to have their heads checked, as well as expend their gaming horizons. They think Nintendo is the one with problems.

Also, there are so many short-sighted people out there that cannot conceptualize that there would be no amiibo craze or conversation whatsoever if all 50 figures were readily available at the local toy store right now. Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing.

Your buddy couldn't hold a single one for you? Why?
I'm relatively new to Amiibo collecting. I had no clue that Rosa-freaking-lina of all characters would've sold out as fast as she did. Had I known, I would've asked him. Luckily, I got in good with a guy from Best Buy that'll hold 1 of each character from wave 3 for me. I'm not looking to get multiples, I just want one of each.

I'm sure this is the millionth time this has been asked but did we ever get a concrete answer on what's up with the GS store pick up orders being closed?

If they really are cancelled, I'm SoL on Ike, Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man. :whistle2:(
There is no concrete answer. Each situation is on a case-by-case basis. But most orders are fine and were sent to the stores. A few people had their orders cancelled due to CC# issues etc. You can go to the store and inquire about your order if you want to know more details about your transaction. You already know these things.

My local Gamestop is doing a midnight release for Majora's Mask and the New 3DS. However the most important news was that they will sell new amiibos at midnight and they will have extra for those who didn't preorder. SCORE! 

My local Gamestop is doing a midnight release for Majora's Mask and the New 3DS. However the most important news was that they will sell new amiibos at midnight and they will have extra for those who didn't preorder. SCORE!
Oh... I didn't even think about that.

I'm relatively new to Amiibo collecting. I had no clue that Rosa-freaking-lina of all characters would've sold out as fast as she did. Had I known, I would've asked him. Luckily, I got in good with a guy from Best Buy that'll hold 1 of each character from wave 3 for me. I'm not looking to get multiples, I just want one of each.
Until they find out they were all for preorders or something. Good luck, though.

What's the average price for Rosalina that I should be looking for right now if I want to give in to scalpers? All the ones I'm finding are like $60+ which is just OD.

I'm so close to giving in because I think Rosalina reprints are probably never gonna happen, though I don't doubt a different variant Rosalina being released in the future, I still wanted this one.

What's the average price for Rosalina that I should be looking for right now if I want to give in to scalpers? All the ones I'm finding are like $60+ which is just OD.

I'm so close to giving in because I think Rosalina reprints are probably never gonna happen, though I don't doubt a different variant Rosalina being released in the future, I still wanted this one.
$12.99 plus tax.

So just to be clear, once and for all:

Sonic

Mega Man

Ike

King Dedede

These 4 will be released this Friday (13th) at Toys R Us. Other retailers fluctuate between the 13th and 20th. As far as Shulk goes, call your local Gamestops and ask if they will be doing a midnight release for Majora's Mask and if so, if they'll be selling Amiibos. My plan is as listed.

Gamestop - 12 a.m. (Depending on midnight release)

Target - 8 a.m.

Gamestop - 10 a.m. (Depending on midnight release)

Best Buy - 10:15 a.m.

Toys R Us - 10:30 a.m.

Toys R Us is 3/$33 so that and Gamestop's Shulk are my main focus' for Friday.

A Super Mario version of Rosalina is likely so just wait.
Once a game that actually uses it is coming out. Unless something changes or it's some weird hybrid DLC thing I believe she doesn't do anything in Mario Party and the next main line Mario game is the fall at the earliest.

lol, unless you have one to sell for $12.99, it's kind of impossible.
I think that's what he was saying.

In totally amiibo-unrelated news, did you guys hear that Sony just announced that they're letting Marvel bring Spiderman to the Marvel Cinematic Universe?!? AHH!!! I'm freaking out!! THIS WILL BE THE COOLEST THING EV... ahem. I'm sorry. Amiibos. Yes. Gotta get back on topic. Have you guys noticed that GoHastings is limiting 1st Wave Amiibos to 1 per customer? Do they know something we don't?

........ SPIDERMAN!!!

spiderman-dancing-ahead-of-the-amazing-spider-man-3-why-the-tasm-reboot-is-the-best.gif

After getting a potential cancellation email from Amazon on Mega Man, I just got an email saying he'll be at my house on Friday! :D

Hopefully people can keep on topic this time around. 

I have my Girlfriends Mother going to GameStop and TRU Friday for me to get the rest of wave 3. I also have one of her friends that is a manager at a GameStop picking them up. Hopefully they are successful and I do not have to leave work on my lunch break to go look for Amiibos. 

Argghh...I wanted the other thread to exceed 1000 pages...oh well.

On topic, still waiting for my Lucarios and starting to get kinda restless. Hopefully tomorrow.
It was 2000 pages if you had set your post count to 10 ;)

Wow. I don't know how I completely forgot about that! I better check in with them -- even though I usually trust them, I could definitely see one of the my stores selling pre-orders out to those who came to the midnight release (if not on purpose, accidentally due to the crowd/hype of everyone going out to find their MM N3DS). I better make a few calls today!

Hopefully people can keep on topic this time around.

I have my Girlfriends Mother going to GameStop and TRU Friday for me to get the rest of wave 3. I also have one of her friends that is a manager at a GameStop picking them up. Hopefully they are successful and I do not have to leave work on my lunch break to go look for Amiibos.
Plural of amiibo is amiibo. :)

Just got my shipping notice for my 7 amiibo amazon order (from germany to US)

Really hoping they come out ok!

As for this friday I guess I will have to start calling gamestops to see what they got for midnight releases

Damn, did anyone just see that? Rosalina came back for a few seconds on Target. Made it all the way to the last step but got caught up entering a gift card and bam, gone.

Seeing all the original Link restocks at TRU/Target/GS I have to imagine these are ones that are just sitting at their warehouses and not that they're making more, right?

I can only imagine what Nintendo's warehouses of Mario amiibos looks like considering my Targets have 30+ of them.

Seeing all the original Link restocks at TRU/Target/GS I have to imagine these are ones that are just sitting at their warehouses and not that they're making more, right?

I can only imagine what Nintendo's warehouses of Mario amiibos looks like considering my Targets have 30+ of them.
No, they are actually making more. At least Link afaik and they've said others will phase out but the main dudes will constantly be made.

No they are definitely making more links. They have been manufacturing him every month according to the theirs certifications. That's why it was surprising that he was getting a bit more uncommon considering that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back