* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#61 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9376 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

The Amiibo community seemed much more genuine to the idea of collecting Amiibo that mattered to them personally, not others.  I remember Twitter's post when TRU had Villager up for $18.99 (after shipping) on eBay and I passed on it because I don't give a damn about Villager...still don't!

Now on reddit and sometimes here, I see terms like "unicorn" and questions about rarity, and the absolute worst, the "trader" who hates the "scalper" because the scalper buys all the Amiibo so that the trader cannot buy up all the Amiibo to trade.  Meanwhile, Nintendo can't pull it's head out of it's ass to make a decent profit from a corporate standpoint, so I fear they will take the negative feedback from angry fanboys and retailers and flood the market, which will obviously now kill the momentum created mostly by resale value.

I think the Amiibo community would have been better of if we didn't go mainstream to begin with.  Then, out of the 20K posts maybe 150 of them were of actual useful information, and unfortunately on the new thread this post is just another of many that do not provide value (an actual Amiibo deal and link!).

I-LIKE-YOUR-9jivp0.jpg

What I've learned from all of this is that there are a few serious Nintendo nutjobs out there that really need to have their heads checked, as well as expend their gaming horizons.  They think Nintendo is the one with problems. 

Also, there are so many short-sighted people out there that cannot conceptualize that there would be no amiibo craze or conversation whatsoever if all 50 figures were readily available at the local toy store right now.   Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing.

#62 MewlingQuim   I think I look good in spandex CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MewlingQuim

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

Your buddy couldn't hold a single one for you? Why?

I'm relatively new to Amiibo collecting. I had no clue that Rosa-freaking-lina of all characters would've sold out as fast as she did. Had I known, I would've asked him. Luckily, I got in good with a guy from Best Buy that'll hold 1 of each character from wave 3 for me. I'm not looking to get multiples, I just want one of each.

#63 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9376 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

I'm sure this is the millionth time this has been asked but did we ever get a concrete answer on what's up with the GS store pick up orders being closed? 

If they really are cancelled, I'm SoL on Ike, Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man. :-( 

There is no concrete answer.  Each situation is on a case-by-case basis.  But most orders are fine and were sent to the stores.  A few people had their orders cancelled due to CC# issues etc.  You can go to the store and inquire about your order if you want to know more details about your transaction.  You already know these things. 

#64 Haseo713   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Haseo713

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

My local Gamestop is doing a midnight release for Majora's Mask and the New 3DS. However the most important news was that they will sell new amiibos at midnight and they will have extra for those who didn't preorder. SCORE! 

#65 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

My local Gamestop is doing a midnight release for Majora's Mask and the New 3DS. However the most important news was that they will sell new amiibos at midnight and they will have extra for those who didn't preorder. SCORE! 

Oh... I didn't even think about that.

#66 Catamaran   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Catamaran

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

May have to look into that tomorrow. It'd be nice to get the MM New 3DS and Shulk.

#67 LazyBlackGamerGuy_   CAG Lover CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

LazyBlackGamerGuy_

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

Smoke weed every day

Hey Hey Hey HEY......I like the way you think!

#68 Kyanos   Big Kitty CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:43 AM

I'm relatively new to Amiibo collecting. I had no clue that Rosa-freaking-lina of all characters would've sold out as fast as she did. Had I known, I would've asked him. Luckily, I got in good with a guy from Best Buy that'll hold 1 of each character from wave 3 for me. I'm not looking to get multiples, I just want one of each.

Until they find out they were all for preorders or something. Good luck, though.

#69 Kranekinjar   Scrappy Doo on Xanax CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:58 AM

Whattt, there's a new thread? Damn I'm late! Sooo how's it going?

#70 skaflone721   King under the Mountain CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

skaflone721

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

What's the average price for Rosalina that I should be looking for right now if I want to give in to scalpers? All the ones I'm finding are like $60+ which is just OD.

I'm so close to giving in because I think Rosalina reprints are probably never gonna happen, though I don't doubt a different variant Rosalina being released in the future, I still wanted this one.

#71 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:13 AM

A Super Mario version of Rosalina is likely so just wait.

#72 malagu  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

What's the average price for Rosalina that I should be looking for right now if I want to give in to scalpers? All the ones I'm finding are like $60+ which is just OD.

I'm so close to giving in because I think Rosalina reprints are probably never gonna happen, though I don't doubt a different variant Rosalina being released in the future, I still wanted this one.

$12.99 plus tax.

#73 MewlingQuim   I think I look good in spandex CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MewlingQuim

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

So just to be clear, once and for all:

Sonic

Mega Man

Ike

King Dedede

These 4 will be released this Friday (13th) at Toys R Us. Other retailers fluctuate between the 13th and 20th. As far as Shulk goes, call your local Gamestops and ask if they will be doing a midnight release for Majora's Mask and if so, if they'll be selling Amiibos. My plan is as listed.

Gamestop - 12 a.m. (Depending on midnight release)

Target - 8 a.m.

Gamestop - 10 a.m. (Depending on midnight release)

Best Buy - 10:15 a.m.

Toys R Us - 10:30 a.m.

Toys R Us is 3/$33 so that and Gamestop's Shulk are my main focus' for Friday.

#74 MewlingQuim   I think I look good in spandex CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

MewlingQuim

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:20 AM

Newbie Question: Will the Super Mario figs work with SSB and vice versa?

#75 malagu  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

Newbie Question: Will the Super Mario figs work with SSB and vice versa?

Yes, except Toad.

#76 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

Once a game that actually uses it is coming out.  Unless something changes or it's some weird hybrid DLC thing I believe she doesn't do anything in Mario Party and the next main line Mario game is the fall at the earliest.

#77 skaflone721   King under the Mountain CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

skaflone721

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, but it's not the same thing lol. I wanted this one, though with that prospect, I might be willing to import, but even that is sold out pretty much everywhere.

$12.99 plus tax.

lol, unless you have one to sell for $12.99, it's kind of impossible.

#78 SegaSeedy  

SegaSeedy

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:02 AM

lol, unless you have one to sell for $12.99, it's kind of impossible.

I think that's what he was saying. 

In totally amiibo-unrelated news, did you guys hear that Sony just announced that they're letting Marvel bring Spiderman to the Marvel Cinematic Universe?!? AHH!!! I'm freaking out!! THIS WILL BE THE COOLEST THING EV... ahem. I'm sorry. Amiibos. Yes. Gotta get back on topic. Have you guys noticed that GoHastings is limiting 1st Wave Amiibos to 1 per customer? Do they know something we don't?

........ SPIDERMAN!!!

spiderman-dancing-ahead-of-the-amazing-s

#79 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10259 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

spider-man-gif-shuffle.gif

#80 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

Falcon on GH, I got the last Little Mac I think.

#81 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

Falcon on GH, I got the last Little Mac I think.

http://www.gohasting...u/295176444.uts

^ captain falcon link

but I'd hurry, doubt they have many

#82 NESplayersince1985  

NESplayersince1985

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

I just bought diddy kong yoshi and link. I still want the animal crossing, starfox and mario with the mario 10 bundle. I just barely noticed these.

#83 ticktack   What!? CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

I keep missing Little Mac by minutes.  I literally just checked the site at like 3:20 :wall:

#84 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

My 3 Rosalina's arrived today. All damages cardboard backing.... So much for Sonic, Megaman, Ike trade foder lol

#85 equistina  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

After getting a potential cancellation email from Amazon on Mega Man, I just got an email saying he'll be at my house on Friday! :D

#86 PCsNightmare  

PCsNightmare

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

My ike I preordered from Amazon (November 21st)  is getting ready to ship. 

#87 Pikupstyks  

Pikupstyks

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hopefully people can keep on topic this time around. 

I have my Girlfriends Mother going to GameStop and TRU Friday for me to get the rest of wave 3. I also have one of her friends that is a manager at a GameStop picking them up. Hopefully they are successful and I do not have to leave work on my lunch break to go look for Amiibos. 

#88 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Argghh...I wanted the other thread to exceed 1000 pages...oh well.

On topic, still waiting for my Lucarios and starting to get kinda restless. Hopefully tomorrow.

It was 2000 pages if you had set your post count to 10 ;)

Wow.  I don't know how I completely forgot about that! I better check in with them -- even though I usually trust them, I could definitely see one of the my stores selling pre-orders out to those who came to the midnight release (if not on purpose, accidentally due to the crowd/hype of everyone going out to find their MM N3DS).  I better make a few calls today!

Hopefully people can keep on topic this time around. 

I have my Girlfriends Mother going to GameStop and TRU Friday for me to get the rest of wave 3. I also have one of her friends that is a manager at a GameStop picking them up. Hopefully they are successful and I do not have to leave work on my lunch break to go look for Amiibos. 

Plural of amiibo is amiibo.  :)

#89 Shropt   My Little Gamer CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Plural of amiibo is amiibo.  :)

I thought it was Amiimob?

#90 Lawnknome   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Lawnknome

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

Just got my shipping notice for my 7 amiibo amazon order (from germany to US)

Really hoping they come out ok!

As for this friday I guess I will have to start calling gamestops to see what they got for midnight releases