* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#11461 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

Awww, Texas

Where in TX?

#11462 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23367 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

Does anyone know when pre-orders for Wave 2 and 3 respectively went up in relation to their street dates? Maybe that would give us a good frame of reference for when to expect Wave 4 pre-orders to start popping up

Don't know about other retailers but I pre-ordered wave 3 figures at TRU, BBY and GS back in Dec. 

#11463 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

big difference between not sympathizing with them and being annoyed because you're getting attitude for asking if a product is in stock because you'd like to give their store money and support their job/business. They aren't police or military so I can only spare so much sympathy for these miserable jerks....

Totally missed the point.

#11464 akokonas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

akokonas

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

looks like prices on little mac are decreasing on ebay.

No there still going for about the same as they were last week. I've been on the verge of buying one off of there and still might considering these ones showing up at BB are gonna be a quick one time shot and only very few BB getting them in stock.

#11465 Brodown   The Duke of Spook CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:06 AM

Totally missed the point.

okay.

#11466 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

For anyone that has ordered off Amazon.it, have you noticed a delay in their time estimate given? I have Wii Fit Trainer and Villager with an estimated delivery date of Feb 19th - 23rd, should I be concerned yet?

#11467 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

Retail is a truly thankless job. If you can't sympathize with them, you shouldn't be allowed to shop B&M.

Be it retail or service, I'm always polite and friendly. However, if in the face of that I still get unprovoked attitude and poor service then all gloves are off.

Everyone's got fucking problems, if you initiate jerkitude to me I will do whatever I can in my power as a consumer or patron to make sure you answer for it.

#11468 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   441 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

For anyone that has ordered off Amazon.it, have you noticed a delay in their time estimate given? I have Wii Fit Trainer and Villager with an estimated delivery date of Feb 19th - 23rd, should I be concerned yet?

someone probably shot down your delivery drone

#11469 arross76  

arross76

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

Perhaps Nintendo is waiting for the port strike to clear up and that inventory to hit stores before deciding what they can allocate to North American retailers?

You have to think having so much tied up there is going to hold them back from thinking of sending much over at the present moment.

#11470 arross76  

arross76

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

Perhaps Nintendo is waiting for the port strike to clear up and that inventory to hit stores before deciding what they can allocate to North American retailers?

You have to think having so much tied up there is going to hold them back from thinking of sending much over at the present moment.

Referring to the Wave 4 pre-order delays

#11471 EugeneGRenne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

EugeneGRenne

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:55 AM

no, dont worry.  it happened to my orders too.  it has to go through customs and what-have-you.

#11472 EdIwin3052   Ultimate Lucky Student CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

EdIwin3052

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

keep getting the guy at my BB that doesnt even look up SKU for me.  When I mention the number he just cuts me off and says"is that lil mac, we dont have that"  

#11473 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:03 AM

Oh holy heck! I found a place in town with at least 30 Mega Man Amiibos. PM me if you are in Phoenix and looking and I'll tell you where. They have a couple of DKs, tons of Toon Links, Sheiks, and the various commons.

#11474 Karmos  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:08 AM

I called 5 best buys today all in SE PA just in case anyone was in the area and thought they might get one. I tried Exton, King of Prussia, Philadelphia, Wyomissing and Lancaster. I asked them all to check the SKUs on Captain and LM but none of them had any in stock or any in transit :(

#11475 TuuAmiibo  

TuuAmiibo

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

I guess people aren't publicizing where they are finding amiibos anymore...  They are asking to be PM'ed individually to offer information.  

#11476 gnoh  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

I guess people aren't publicizing where they are finding amiibos anymore...  They are asking to be PM'ed individually to offer information.  

gotta make sure the traders and not the scalpers get them? 

#11477 GB2VIGO   Banned Banned   91 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GB2VIGO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Was just at tru in langhorne, pa. They had probably 30 each of mega man and sonic. They also had a handful of shieks. Store was dead too so you have a good shot to get them all if you are looking.

#11478 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

I said it 2-20, but it is possible someone beat me to it.

I was also right about BB getting in more amiibos the past few days.

and I am right about toad being able to be preordered at the kiosk.

bitches better recognize.

nice bro, you're the greatest.

#11479 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

someone probably shot down your delivery drone

i hacked it to be delivered to a nearby alley

#11480 Chemosh013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Chemosh013

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:24 AM

Checked at BB in DC and didn't have any meta knights, LM, or Captain Falcon in stock or in transit.

#11481 marfon  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

Where in TX?

Deep south. Rio Grande Valley area.

#11482 Rohman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

but it's sooooo hard to walk thirty feet and check a shelf! I've been getting non-stop attitude because these two amiibo aren't on their website so they don't want to believe that they could possibly be in stock. GOTTA LOVE RETAIL!!!

I just have to say as a BB employee Fuck people like you who think you know more than the people who work in the store. I work in the back and know right away when we do or don't have gaming stuff in and while I am polite to customers all day long nothing annoys me more than some crying kid in his late teens to early thirties thinking he knows more than I do based of sites like this.

You won't believe how much joy I get from saying no we don't have it in stock having a kid come at me with "knowledge" demanding I go to warehouse to find his amiibo and turning around telling him to follow me over to a computer so I can show him we have zero in store or on the way or in our district warehouse that covers the entire state and watching him get embarrassed in front of his friends.

Also the reason you get flak over the phone when asking for these toys (let's face it that's what they are) is that they are doing two jobs at once between answering no to somebody on the phone for the tenth time in one day for meta and actually helping someone right in front of them pick up their online order. So yes they do know before you give them the sku because they have been asked already about it.

Honestly the scalpers I deal with in the store are better than you guys who complain about retail. I've asked why do you want 12 toon links the guy said to resell online and I said no he said fine I'll just have one no managers no nothing.

As for people who say your supporting my store by buying amiibos give me a fucking break nobody gives a Fuck about $12 not getting sold especially when we don't even have the Damn thing.

For all you sensible people out there I just want to say thank you for being you. When I get a nice customer come in and be disappointed we don't have one in stock I let him know when the good days to come in are for drops and all he had to do was not be a prick now he has sonic mega and a new 3ds because he knew when to try at my particular store.

#11483 Warlock82   Never pet a burning dog CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Warlock82

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

allamiibos_sm.png

ALL AMIIBOS GET!

Done till wave 4/SMB wave 1 :P

#11484 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

gotta make sure the traders and not the scalpers get them? 

This basically. That and I like to say hi to my local CAGs. If I just post my find I won't know who found it useful either and it's nice to know when you've actually made a difference to someone. Especially a CAG brother.

#11485 EdIwin3052   Ultimate Lucky Student CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

EdIwin3052

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

this information is on a need to know basis. We are like the CIA, can not let certain information get into enemy hands

#11486 hall31   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

allamiibos_sm.png

ALL AMIIBOS GET!

Done till wave 4/SMB wave 1 :P

Great day today as I just got in my Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight to complete my set. All SMB pre-ordered at multiple locations to ensure there are no issues, and awaiting Wave 4.

#11487 Warlock82   Never pet a burning dog CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Warlock82

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Great day today as I just got in my Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight to complete my set. All SMB pre-ordered at multiple locations to ensure there are no issues, and awaiting Wave 4.

I considered doing that, but I have them all pre-ordered at Amazon and they are generally pretty reliable so I figure I'm good (also I honestly doubt any but maybe to a lesser extent Toad will be at all hard to get).  

#11488 malagu  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Sprechen Deutsch?

#11489 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

My order from a Japanese reseller has been stuck at JFK in NYC since Feb 24.

#11490 Lnkcld   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

I just have to say as a BB employee Fuck people like you who think you know more than the people who work in the store. I work in the back and know right away when we do or don't have gaming stuff in and while I am polite to customers all day long nothing annoys me more than some crying kid in his late teens to early thirties thinking he knows more than I do based of sites like this.

You won't believe how much joy I get from saying no we don't have it in stock having a kid come at me with "knowledge" demanding I go to warehouse to find his amiibo and turning around telling him to follow me over to a computer so I can show him we have zero in store or on the way or in our district warehouse that covers the entire state and watching him get embarrassed in front of his friends.

Also the reason you get flak over the phone when asking for these toys (let's face it that's what they are) is that they are doing two jobs at once between answering no to somebody on the phone for the tenth time in one day for meta and actually helping someone right in front of them pick up their online order. So yes they do know before you give them the sku because they have been asked already about it.

Honestly the scalpers I deal with in the store are better than you guys who complain about retail. I've asked why do you want 12 toon links the guy said to resell online and I said no he said fine I'll just have one no managers no nothing.

As for people who say your supporting my store by buying amiibos give me a fucking break nobody gives a Fuck about $12 not getting sold especially when we don't even have the Damn thing.

For all you sensible people out there I just want to say thank you for being you. When I get a nice customer come in and be disappointed we don't have one in stock I let him know when the good days to come in are for drops and all he had to do was not be a prick now he has sonic mega and a new 3ds because he knew when to try at my particular store.

Do you have any Little Mac amiibo in stock?