* * * * - 6 votes

Official Skylanders Thread

#2611 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:41 AM

I was hoping to find Elven Forest set but both my local stores don't have it so I ended up buying it along with a Starter Pack online for $17.50 with tax and shipping. More than $5 each but still cheaper than I have seen it at any other stores.

I have gotten back into Imaginators since the Walmart clearance, and this Five Below find. So I started looking for stuff I didn't have. I have read that Cursed Tiki Temple, and Lost Imaginite Mines were both finally released in the US, but were they extremely limited? I see them only listed by 2nd hand resellers for $75-$125 each. 

I'm not sure about Cursed Tiki Temple but Lost Imaginite Mines was a Toys R Us Exclusive released around last September. It went on sale a few times, I bought it when it was 50% off for $14.99 last December.

#2612 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5454 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

I bought those 2 sets for like $15 each around Xmas time. Imaginators are down to $4.80 at local Western NY TRU stores.

#2613 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

I was hoping to find Elven Forest set but both my local stores don't have it so I ended up buying it along with a Starter Pack online for $17.50 with tax and shipping. More than $5 each but still cheaper than I have seen it at any other stores.

I'm not sure about Cursed Tiki Temple but Lost Imaginite Mines was a Toys R Us Exclusive released around last September. It went on sale a few times, I bought it when it was 50% off for $14.99 last December.

Lost Imaginite Mines wasn't "really" a TRU exclusive, but it turned out to be one.  No one else wanted to stock more Skylanders by then, every other store was clearing out the space.  And it came out here like 3 months after everywhere else, so even getting to TRU took a very long time.  And even then they sat on shelves gathering dust.  I got it from Europe because at the time it was questionable whether we would see them at all here.

#2614 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2936 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:22 AM

I got Aurora, Bad Juju, Master Chopstock (the skull guy), and a Fire character... Can't remember the name. There was also a wolf sensei with a big bow and arrow...left that one and am kinda regretting it now. Definitely seems like there is a variety out there.

#2615 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

I got Aurora, Bad Juju, Master Chopstock (the skull guy), and a Fire character... Can't remember the name. There was also a wolf sensei with a big bow and arrow...left that one and am kinda regretting it now. Definitely seems like there is a variety out there.

Other than what you mentioned (already have Aurora and Ember, picked up Bad Juju and Chopscotch though I already have the Mystical and Halloween variant ), I bought the Tidepool, Ambush, Grave Clobber, Blaster-Tron and Wolfgang.

Only 5 left to complete all the sensei (not including variants)

The closing TRU nearby used to have many Imaginators left when it's doing 50% off, but now all gone before doing 70%, while seems no one knows or are interested in even cheaper Imaginators at 5 Below.

The TRU has a big wall of Superchargers vehicles though, and only 7 days left before closing.

#2616 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7598 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

Went to 2 stores, no Imaginators figures, just starter sets :/ Lots of the racing crap though...

#2617 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

Just found pain yatta, grave clobber and blaster tron in Manchester ct

#2618 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1919 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

Went to 2 stores, no Imaginators figures, just starter sets :/ Lots of the racing crap though...

Same here. Lots of starters, Crash, and Elven Forest, but only two senseis (one of which I bought).

#2619 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1623 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:32 AM

Only Starters and Crash Thumpin Wumpa Islands at mine in IL NW suburbs... Got the last PS4 starter.

I was debating skipping this round of Skylanders after collecting almost everything from the previous games, but $10 to start and check it out was too good to pass up.

#2620 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7703 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

So is the Crazh pack just 2 figures or does it include a level also? Also does it work on the XB 360 since Crash is a Sony character?

#2621 Ratmonkey  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

So is the Crazh pack just 2 figures or does it include a level also? Also does it work on the XB 360 since Crash is a Sony character?

The figures unlock the new level and it works on all platforms

#2622 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2138 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:20 AM

Crash is a Sony character

Crash hasn't been an exclusive Sony character since 2000

#2623 edison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

I went back to the local store, and they had set up a table in the aisle with more Imaginators stuff. I was able to get 5 more sensei's that I didn't have.

#2624 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

Just got Wolfgang, chopscotch, ambush and bad juju at five below

#2625 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:55 AM

So, I know this is a really long shot, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway. I finally decided it was time to play through the Skylanders series. I jumped onboard when the game first game out and played the first couple as soon as I got them, but then I decided to wait to finish the series until everything was out. I know it has been a while, but life gets in the way, but I'm finally getting to it. I just started Spyro's Adventure again, so I'm playing it and looking through all my characters and such to make sure I have what I all need. I figure, with no one really collecting anymore, it should be fairly simple to get anything I am missing and for a decent price. Unfortunately, it seems like there may be an exception and I'm hoping someone may have an idea of where I should look. Obviously, I'm a little ways off from Imaginators, but in my research, I realized that I never got Cursed Tiki Temple or Lost Imaginite Mines so I went to see where I could purchase them from and unfortunately it looks like I may have missed my chance to get them. I did make it to a few of the Toy's R Us sales and wasn't able to find it, but I haven't been to fIve below in a while, so I will probably check there for any characters, but I was just hoping someone here may have some more ideas for me to look into. I appreciate any help you guys have!

#2626 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1919 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

So, I know this is a really long shot, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway. I finally decided it was time to play through the Skylanders series. I jumped onboard when the game first game out and played the first couple as soon as I got them, but then I decided to wait to finish the series until everything was out. I know it has been a while, but life gets in the way, but I'm finally getting to it. I just started Spyro's Adventure again, so I'm playing it and looking through all my characters and such to make sure I have what I all need. I figure, with no one really collecting anymore, it should be fairly simple to get anything I am missing and for a decent price. Unfortunately, it seems like there may be an exception and I'm hoping someone may have an idea of where I should look. Obviously, I'm a little ways off from Imaginators, but in my research, I realized that I never got Cursed Tiki Temple or Lost Imaginite Mines so I went to see where I could purchase them from and unfortunately it looks like I may have missed my chance to get them. I did make it to a few of the Toy's R Us sales and wasn't able to find it, but I haven't been to fIve below in a while, so I will probably check there for any characters, but I was just hoping someone here may have some more ideas for me to look into. I appreciate any help you guys have!

There's a golden opportunity with discontinued lines like this, and that is when the stores are anxious to get rid of them, but they haven't completely sold out yet. Now that they are sold out most everywhere, the best places to go are on ebay and garage sales.

#2627 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

There's a golden opportunity with discontinued lines like this, and that is when the stores are anxious to get rid of them, but they haven't completely sold out yet. Now that they are sold out most everywhere, the best places to go are on ebay and garage sales.

The problem is Lost Imaginite Mines turned out to only come out from TRU (very late and became exclusive because no one else was interested in carrying it).  So retail is now unavailable for that pack.

#2628 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for the replies. That was what I was afraid of. I thought I had everything and hadn’t paid much attention once everything seemed to die off. And from past games I thought I would be able to pick them up for years and for next to nothing. I always regret buying things so early when I don’t play it right away, this would be the one thing that would be hard to find :p

#2629 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the replies. That was what I was afraid of. I thought I had everything and hadn’t paid much attention once everything seemed to die off. And from past games I thought I would be able to pick them up for years and for next to nothing. I always regret buying things so early when I don’t play it right away, this would be the one thing that would be hard to find :p

Some of rare ones are still expensive like the Light and Dark expansions and traps for Trap Team.

And just checked the Lost Imaginite Mines on eBay and it's at much higher price than when TRU first released it and I bought a couple to resell. While I thought it's going to be limited, but TRU kept restocked it for a while and was included in 50% sale a few times.

#2630 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

Your best avenue to stock up on missing figures ended when TRU closed for good, and realistically getting anything other than Superchargers ended much earlier in the clearance.  Near the end all they had was a bunch of vehicles from Superchargers.

Right now your best option is at Five Below and Gamestop.  Five Below has had them from time to time and Gamestop had several leftover last time I was there.

Of course there is always EBay.

#2631 pSyCO_007  

pSyCO_007

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Man I got a bunch my kids don’t play with didn’t know there was a niche for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2632 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

Man I got a bunch my kids don’t play with didn’t know there was a niche for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a few rare ones. Most others don't even worth in the dollar bin.

I bought some spare Superchargers vehicles from TRU at $0.59 for my kid, cheaper and look better than buying hot wheels.

#2633 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Thank you, guys! I went through my collection to see what I all need to complete everything in the games. So it looks like I only need either freeze blade or magna charge and spy rise for swap force. It seems like those will be pretty easy to get. For Imaginators I need to find the level packs or wild storm and ro-bow and then star cast. It seems like those are going to be the challenge. I'm going to try and look around over the weekend and try to find some five below stores and stop by any game stores that I can find and see if anything is out there. While I really don't want to miss out on any section of the game, I just can't bring myself to spend $50+ to add a level. So, I'm hoping my search this weekend will work out. 

Update:

I went to two five below stores today and 7 game stops. Game stop essentially has nothing anymore, I found the same couple of Imaginators, creation crystals and a few chests at every single one and at full price. Five below had the starter sets, the crash level set, a few others and the one expansion pack. So no real luck for me today, but I have plenty of time, I know some people that frequent thrift stores and yard sales, so I have already since them a list of what I need so they can keep their eyes out ;-)

#2634 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1919 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Thank you, guys! I went through my collection to see what I all need to complete everything in the games. So it looks like I only need either freeze blade or magna charge and spy rise for swap force. It seems like those will be pretty easy to get. For Imaginators I need to find the level packs or wild storm and ro-bow and then star cast. It seems like those are going to be the challenge. I'm going to try and look around over the weekend and try to find some five below stores and stop by any game stores that I can find and see if anything is out there. While I really don't want to miss out on any section of the game, I just can't bring myself to spend $50+ to add a level. So, I'm hoping my search this weekend will work out. 

Update:

I went to two five below stores today and 7 game stops. Game stop essentially has nothing anymore, I found the same couple of Imaginators, creation crystals and a few chests at every single one and at full price. Five below had the starter sets, the crash level set, a few others and the one expansion pack. So no real luck for me today, but I have plenty of time, I know some people that frequent thrift stores and yard sales, so I have already since them a list of what I need so they can keep their eyes out ;-)

Gamestop stopped taking pre-owned Skylanders some time ago, so the only things you'll likely find there now are Imaginators.

#2635 1NintendoFan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

1NintendoFan

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

Gamestop stopped taking pre-owned Skylanders some time ago, so the only things you'll likely find there now are Imaginators.

Yeah I noticed. I could have sworn the last time I went they still had a bunch. But I don’t frequent the store anymore. I was shocked to see it was all gone. I’m down to just needing the levels for imaginators. So it would be nice to stumble upon them. But I won’t keep my hopes too high