Official Skylanders Thread

they are putting a limit to one per account at amazon, i guess that doesnt keep them from making additional accounts to order more though. it will make my kids fight over it however
That's good. I imagine Amazon is on the lookout for multiple accounts. They could have friends shill for them, but most flippers aren't that sophisticated.

Just got back from Target: the B2G1 Free is only good on Trap Team (possibly only Trap Master) characters, despite the sign saying "all". You might get lucky with an override (I didn't), but it is not in their system. Made proper corrections on first post.

Just got back from Target: the B2G1 Free is only good on Trap Team (possibly only Trap Master) characters, despite the sign saying "all". You might get lucky with an override (I didn't), but it is not in their system. Made proper corrections on first post.
I can say for sure it's not just Trap Master only. I bought Nitro Headrush, the fire horse character, and the snake one from Trap Team on Sunday. One of the $9.99 characters rung up for free.

Wondering if I should get Deja Vu and Torch from TRU. They're fall into the "cute" characters category (like Chill, Stealth Elf, and Roller Brawl) which are the ones I like to play the most, but I heard the Trapmasters are the only ones you should be getting, as everyone else is pretty much worthless next to them.

Yea. The trap masters are now the only ones who can open anything. Which I feel was a big mistake on the devs part. They could patch this is there was enough of a stink about it I'm sure

Got a Kaos Trap (at least the order went through - I won't get too excited until it's in my hand)! Live on Amazon now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea. The trap masters are now the only ones who can open anything. Which I feel was a big mistake on the devs part. They could patch this is there was enough of a stink about it I'm sure
Everyone has all the elements several times over by now, so what better way to force you to buy more?

Everyone has all the elements several times over by now, so what better way to force you to buy more?
I thought swap force did it better though. You had certain areas that were swap character specific and areas that were element specific.

This game puts all the effort on the trap masters and anything else is worthless. Hell even half the villains quests are "oh your a villian? Here have a hat."

What characters are the strongest in-game for Trap Team? I'm going to be gearing up for nightmare mode with my son pretty soon to try to get the platinum trophy. I got a recommendation of Tread Head yesterday, picked him up, and am building him up right now. Also got a recommendation of Bat Spin, but she doesn't seem to be readily available except at inflated secondary market prices.

Here's who we already are using:

Snap Shot

Food Fight

Funny Bone

Chopper

Sureshot Shroomboom

Bop

Terrabyte

Tuff Luck

Gear Shift

Knight Mare

Tread Head

Rattle Shake

Tree Rex

What characters are the strongest in-game for Trap Team? I'm going to be gearing up for nightmare mode with my son pretty soon to try to get the platinum trophy. I got a recommendation of Tread Head yesterday, picked him up, and am building him up right now. Also got a recommendation of Bat Spin, but she doesn't seem to be readily available except at inflated secondary market prices.

Here's who we already are using:

Snap Shot

Food Fight

Funny Bone

Chopper

Sureshot Shroomboom

Bop

Terrabyte

Tuff Luck

Gear Shift

Knight Mare

Tread Head

Rattle Shake

Tree Rex
The Trap Masters are suppose to be the most powerful. Bushwhack and Ka-Boom look especially good, as does Wallop and Krypt King (if you can find him). If you have any in mind, and want to see how they play, check out a series on Youtube called Skylanders 101. In just a few minutes, he goes over their power upgrade possibilities, then shows them in action, with a running commentary telling what's good and bad about them. It's where I go when I'm considering a purchase.

Eon's elite figures are the strongest figures in Trap Team. They cost $25 each, and are sold exclusively at GameStop. By the time they reach level 20 and have all of their powers unlocked, they turn Nightmare mode into easy mode. Along with a Kaos trap that contains a Kaos that has gone through his villain mission. You will be so overpowered that it breaks the game.

The paint jobs are nicer, and they come in a fancy collectors case. They are also three times as powerful as the original version of the figure, and they have an exclusive wow pow power.

I have Magna Charge (Swap Force) and Wildfire (Trap Master) at LVL 20 - they were my favorite to play in Kaos Mode.  I only one or two of the 'regular' Trap Team figures tho, so I can't comment on those.

The paint jobs are nicer, and they come in a fancy collectors case. They are also three times as powerful as the original version of the figure, and they have an exclusive wow pow power.
Do those only work in Trap Team?

They are on sale for $20 this week @ Gamestop. I'm been meaning to pick up Spyro with this $15 off coupon that's on my account

Eon's elite figures are the strongest figures in Trap Team. They cost $25 each, and are sold exclusively at GameStop. By the time they reach level 20 and have all of their powers unlocked, they turn Nightmare mode into easy mode. Along with a Kaos trap that contains a Kaos that has gone through his villain mission. You will be so overpowered that it breaks the game.
Is any particular figure out of this set better than the rest in game?

I put my light and dark expansion playsets on craigslist for $22 each or $40 for the pair as a starting asking price and some lady insisted that I was way over priced on them being used even with them being in pristine condition. Am I nuts or is she? Her offer was $20 for both sets.

*edit*

The money is not a concern to me and I rarely ever sell stuff. I thought I would be doing someone a favor by helping them find a semi rare set at a discount.

I put my light and dark expansion playsets on craigslist for $22 each or $40 for the pair as a starting asking price and some lady insisted that I was way over priced on them being used even with them being in pristine condition. Am I nuts or is she? Her offer was $20 for both sets.

*edit*

The money is not a concern to me and I rarely ever sell stuff. I thought I would be doing someone a favor by helping them find a semi rare set at a discount.
Your price is more than fair on those.

I agree above your price is a good deal.

I'm currently finishing the arena challenges and my preferred method is to use Tae kwon Crow as my villain and ANY skylander. I play as Tae kwon crow mostly and he just dominates and makes arena and Kaos mode a breeze. All while earning crazy experience for the skylander on the portal

I agree on the pricing for those two.  I would pick them up for $40 if you were in my area, but of course I'm a CAG veteran.  My opinion is going to be vastly different from your average Craigslist mouth-breather.  

Your price is more than fair on those.
Yep. Especially since those two trap masters are going to be retail releases on their own in the next wave or two. $40 for the pair is basically pricing it at $10 for each master, $5 per trap and $5 per level. That seems plenty fair. Even if someone parted it out, I highly doubt you'd find anything near that.

At twenty for the pair, you'd be at $5 for each master, and $2.50 for each other piece. I doubt that even Gamestop is giving so little credit on these just yet.

She's lowballing you. Now, if these were EVERYWHERE like the Trap Team 3 packs? Her price would probably be right- but you have people still paying a premium on these. If you're going to be selling, it's silly not to take advantage of it.

Do those only work in Trap Team?

They are on sale for $20 this week @ Gamestop. I'm been meaning to pick up Spyro with this $15 off coupon that's on my account
They are all Spyro's Adventure characters, so they work across every version of Skylanders released. But, they only have three times the power, and the special wow pow power in Trap Team.

Is any particular figure out of this set better than the rest in game?
It really depends on which characters you like the best. Every Skylander plays slightly differently. The 8 Eon's elite are Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Eruptor, Stealth Elf, Whirlwind, Terrafin, and Chop Chop.

My son and I just beat Kaos mode. I used a maxed out drobit as support ranged character while he used a maxed out bushwhack trap master for melee combat. Drobit's rate of laser fire from his eyes is so fast. Just need to hold down the button.

Which one has the best ranged attacks? Trigger Happy?
Yes (especially the Elite version) but Ka-Boom is also really good, and Sprocket, with her turrets and landmines, can be vicious if used properly, but she's pretty weak if the enemy breaks through. Stink Bomb's shuriken is great, and Grilla Drilla's turret making bottom half makes a good compliment. Swap Force as a whole is my favorite line - there's a ton of customization possibilities, and each new figure opens up a whole lot more.

It's been a while since I posted so please redirect me if there is a better thread for this.

I'm looking to unload my Skylanders collection. I can't list everything atm but it'd be 20+ figures from 1-3, the first 2 games on PS3, the 3rd game on PS4, two PoP, and some extras (such as McDonalds toys as well as some FritoLays minis.)

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can make a more complete list here or PM (on my way to work.) And again, if there is a dedicated thread to Skylanders trading/etc please redirect me, I only did a quick search.

They are all Spyro's Adventure characters, so they work across every version of Skylanders released. But, they only have three times the power, and the special wow pow power in Trap Team.
Damn I was considering buying an Eon Elite for my Nightmare mode achievement runs in Swap Force and Giants. Are you absolutely sure they don't have 3x the stats in those games?

Edit: damn it's true

It's been a while since I posted so please redirect me if there is a better thread for this.

I'm looking to unload my Skylanders collection. I can't list everything atm but it'd be 20+ figures from 1-3, the first 2 games on PS3, the 3rd game on PS4, two PoP, and some extras (such as McDonalds toys as well as some FritoLays minis.)

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can make a more complete list here or PM (on my way to work.) And again, if there is a dedicated thread to Skylanders trading/etc please redirect me, I only did a quick search.
I'm sure plenty would be interested. You would be best to make a trade thread or lowball auction style just to get rid of them.

I'm interested. Can you PM me a list of what you have?

Kaos Trap ordered from Amazon last week still showing "Shipping Now" with an expected delivery date of Wed 2/25 (with Prime).  The delivery date has been the same since I ordered it so not too worried but hoping it finally ships today.  Thanks to whoever gave the heads up.  I already had the Kaos Trap from the Dark bundle but been hunting for one for my nephew for months.

Kaos Trap ordered from Amazon last week still showing "Shipping Now" with an expected delivery date of Wed 2/25 (with Prime). The delivery date has been the same since I ordered it so not too worried but hoping it finally ships today. Thanks to whoever gave the heads up. I already had the Kaos Trap from the Dark bundle but been hunting for one for my nephew for months.
I ordered the Kaos Trap around 3am on Thursday the 19th & the post man just dropped it off this morning. My son is going to be thrilled when he gets home from school

I ordered the Kaos Trap around 3am on Thursday the 19th & the post man just dropped it off this morning. My son is going to be thrilled when he gets home from school
Ah, I'm guessing mine is taking a bit longer since it's shipping to So Cal? Amazon uses Ontrac (west coast company) for a lot of my shipments. I ordered mine on the 18th (Wednesday). Could just be luck of the draw too. Thankfully I just got the shipment notification now.

Ah, I'm guessing mine is taking a bit longer since it's shipping to So Cal? Amazon uses Ontrac (west coast company) for a lot of my shipments. I ordered mine on the 18th (Wednesday). Could just be luck of the draw too. Thankfully I just got the shipment notification now.
I'm in So Cal too...but they used USPS for this order

Sorry if this is a bit of a newb derail but I was hoping to get the CAG perspective. I bought Swap Force for 15 bucks thinking it would be junk and my two boys went totally nuts. After pretty serious disappointment with Disney Infinity I expected little engagement from the kids on another "toy" game. They went nuts. With Swap Force I bought most figures used and ONLY bought the critical ones to open every gate combo. 

Trap Team has me all turned around. The portal is phenomenal but that trap box looks ridiculous. Is there a reason I'd need more than a trap for each element? Are some traps better than others? I noticed a bunch of design. Is the only reason you'd collect 46 traps because they are "collectible"?

I'll still buy random fodder on clearance but in general I'm trying to follow the same rule of buying only the stuff necessary to 100% the game (Kaos traps have to get cheaper for me though). Can someone confirm you only need a trapmaster of each element and trap of each element or are there real advantages to have duplicate traps?

Sorry if this is a bit of a newb derail but I was hoping to get the CAG perspective. I bought Swap Force for 15 bucks thinking it would be junk and my two boys went totally nuts. After pretty serious disappointment with Disney Infinity I expected little engagement from the kids on another "toy" game. They went nuts. With Swap Force I bought most figures used and ONLY bought the critical ones to open every gate combo.

Trap Team has me all turned around. The portal is phenomenal but that trap box looks ridiculous. Is there a reason I'd need more than a trap for each element? Are some traps better than others? I noticed a bunch of design. Is the only reason you'd collect 46 traps because they are "collectible"?

I'll still buy random fodder on clearance but in general I'm trying to follow the same rule of buying only the stuff necessary to 100% the game (Kaos traps have to get cheaper for me though). Can someone confirm you only need a trapmaster of each element and trap of each element or are there real advantages to have duplicate traps?
IME, you only really need 1 trap of each element. The benefit of having multiple traps of each element, though, is to have each villain handy if you are in the middle of a level and want access to that particular villain. But you can 100% the game, to my knowledge, with just one trap of each element. AFAIK, you also only need one Trap Master of each element to 100% the game.

Just to add - there are maybe 4-6 villains to trap per element. The only advantage to multiple traps of the same element is if you wanted to play as two villains from the same element in the same level. If you print out a guide as to which villains and villain quests are in each chapter, you can plan ahead to bring the right villain with you (there are a few levels you'd have to do twice, as two villains of the same element have quests in two or three chapters, but this isn't a big deal).

That's all very helpful info guys, thanks. It means I can trash that trap collector's box that came with the game. I've noticed numerous trap masters are effectively over MSRP right now. Is that something that will change with stock replenishment or is this like the Nintendo Amiibo debacle where some are just harder to fine.

That's all very helpful info guys, thanks. It means I can trash that trap collector's box that came with the game. I've noticed numerous trap masters are effectively over MSRP right now. Is that something that will change with stock replenishment or is this like the Nintendo Amiibo debacle where some are just harder to fine.
Skylander stuff always seems to sell out immediately after release which is why the higher prices. Unless your looking for certain collector pieces almost everything will be available at some point.

If you are talking about that cardboard trap box. It has a tiv of 4 bucks on amazon right now. Not awesome but not bad for something you were going to throw out.

I use that box to keep track of what villain is currently in each trap. I can't remember otherwise, my son remembers that stuff better than me.

I would stalk AWD for the skylanders. I haven't seen a lot of trapmasters (haven't started the game yet) but if it is anything like the other games those figures should start dropping pretty soon and will turn up there for $5-10. No guarantee on that, but that strategy has worked well for me for the first 3 games.

bread's done
Back