Official Skylanders Thread

[quote name="Backlog_Overload" post="12511740" timestamp="1424259781"]Kaos traps in stock at Amazon. Go!!!![/quote]
And gone already.

[quote name="rbenns2" post="12511745" timestamp="1424260135"]No, it says it's in stock, but can't be put in the cart. Same with BB.[/quote]

I was actually able to order one. They must have a very small quantity on the way.

[quote name="rbenns2" post="12511753" timestamp="1424260507"]It wouldn't let me ship, but is available for in store pickup. Unfortunately, there aren't any stores within 100 miles with it in stock.[/quote]

Keep refreshing at Amazon, they keep coming back in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one off of Amazon.  Don't know how, but I got lucky.  

(And still showing as available.)

I just got one off of Amazon. Don't know how, but I got lucky.

(And still showing as available.)
I guess it's all about pure luck. I've been trying ti out it in my cart for almost an hour and FAIL every time.

On the good side, Jade dragon Swap Force is $6.60.

There are supposedly 4 new triple trap packs releasing with wave 4, 2 of which contain a Kaos trap. Hopefully that helps out some peeps who haven't been able to get their hands on one.

What's the scoop on the Blastermind trap master? I don't remember seeing him (or any magic element) trap masters at launch. Is he still so new that stock is low everywhere?

[quote name="GamerNamedJosh" post="12512001" timestamp="1424273131"]Kaos popped back up with a in stock date of the 20th for me, got one ordered for my nephew so fingers crossed it actually ships.[/quote]
I've already been charged for mine, it's preparing for shipment. Hopefully that's a good sign for everyone else.

What's the scoop on the Blastermind trap master? I don't remember seeing him (or any magic element) trap masters at launch. Is he still so new that stock is low everywhere?
If memory serves correctly, I think he was released in mid-December with Kaboom and ... Tuff Luck? He's the only magic trap master released thus far, so I imagine that has been a factor in availability (in addition to stores needing to sell what is still on the pegs and the seasonal release).

I just don't understand why these aren't pumped out. So many kids are looking for them

If memory serves correctly, I think he was released in mid-December with Kaboom and ... Tuff Luck? He's the only magic trap master released thus far, so I imagine that has been a factor in availability (in addition to stores needing to sell what is still on the pegs and the seasonal release).
I went to my closest Best Buy last week, and they had rows of empty pegs (typical for this store). The only 2 trap masters they had were Gusto & Head Rush. Went to the next closest Best Buy, and they were fully stocked! They had everyone except Wallop. Strange how stores that are only a few miles apart have such different inventory.

[quote name="BrainpanChicken" post="12512011" timestamp="1424273370"]What's the scoop on the Blastermind trap master? I don't remember seeing him (or any magic element) trap masters at launch. Is he still so new that stock is low everywhere?[/quote]
Enigma is releasing with wave 4, so they'll be another shot at getting a magic trap master soon.

[quote name="nightmare452" post="12512512" timestamp="1424283123"]Enigma is the only remaining Skylander I want. He has a great design, and I need a magic trap master. Is there a release date for wave 4?[/quote]
No concrete date that I can find. Should be next month sometime.

I'm gonna try to snag Thunderbolt when wave 4 drops.

Correct. I managed to snag him and the other two all together at Best Buy in mid-January. I had seen them when they came out at TRU shortly before Christmas and they sold out quickly. Seemed like it took forever for Best Buy to finally get them. Blastermind does seem like he hard to find and likely for the reasons others have stated.

I'm just keeping my eye out for the Light and Dark packs to show up at Best Buy now so I can get the GCU discount on them.

While I think Enigma is the much cooler design of the two - one of Blastermind's skills (the Soul Gem?) allows you to bypass lock puzzles which can come in handy.

Kaos trap is so dead it's not funny now. I will keep an eye on it though; it might come back in.

One I've discovered is impossible to find is Magna Charge Swap Force. Never seen him in stores, not even available online except for a huge markup. Such a shame, because I could be 8 for 8 with the skill/elementals with him, but maybe that's why he's so hard to find.

[quote name="rbenns2" post="12512752" timestamp="1424287928"]Kaos trap is so dead it's not funny now. I will keep an eye on it though; it might come back in.

One I've discovered is impossible to find is Magna Charge Swap Force. Never seen him in stores, not even available online except for a huge markup. Such a shame, because I could be 8 for 8 with the skill/elementals with him, but maybe that's why he's so hard to find.[/quote]

You're missing speed skill? Freeze blade isn't too hard to find. I grabbed a NIB (packaging was a little damaged) Nitro Freeze Blade on eBay just about a week ago for $10.XX shipped. Pretty good deal. There were lots of regular ones for around that price and a couple more Nitro versions.

You're missing speed skill? Freeze blade isn't too hard to find. I grabbed a NIB (packaging was a little damaged) Nitro Freeze Blade on eBay just about a week ago for $10.XX shipped. Pretty good deal. There were lots of regular ones for around that price and a couple more Nitro versions.
They had one at Target the other day. With B2G1 Free, it'd average to around $10. If he's still there the next time I go, I'll get him, along with 2 others.

Kaos trap is so dead it's not funny now. I will keep an eye on it though; it might come back in.

One I've discovered is impossible to find is Magna Charge Swap Force. Never seen him in stores, not even available online except for a huge markup. Such a shame, because I could be 8 for 8 with the skill/elementals with him, but maybe that's why he's so hard to find.
Nah, it's more that it was the one that was EVERYWHERE when the game launched. Then they sold out, but since they made other guys that basically duplicate his function they figured there's no reason to make more of him.
But that means that if you want him now- sealed especially- you're going pay the collector markup because all the existing ones are either in players or collectors hands.

Anyone have interest in Gearshift?  They had a small stack of them at my local Target on clearance.

Wait, Blastermind is hard to find? I see 1-2 every time I go to Best Buy or Target. I have an extra if someone needs it, that I was going to look for the receipt for.

I actually found my Magna Charge at Walgreen's!

just ordered a kaos trap, its not on the main page but on the right side under more buying options. added to cart 3 times and failed, 4th time finally let me order

Total fail . . . again! Looks like they might be putting more out there, but there's such demand they're being snatched by flippers, so they won't be available, unless you're lucky, even if they put as many out as the other traps. Still, just keep on trying . . .

Total fail . . . again! Looks like they might be putting more out there, but there's such demand they're being snatched by flippers, so they won't be available, unless you're lucky, even if they put as many out as the other traps. Still, just keep on trying . . .
they are putting a limit to one per account at amazon, i guess that doesnt keep them from making additional accounts to order more though. it will make my kids fight over it however

bread's done
Back