Official Skylanders Thread

I saw Head Rush and Jawbreaker on clearance at TRU today for $7.80 each. Not sure if this is all stores, or just this particular one. They had those red tags with UPCs that override the regular one, so it's probably not a change in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Kaos Trap around 3am on Thursday the 19th & the post man just dropped it off this morning. My son is going to be thrilled when he gets home from school
ordered mine on the same day but it was after 7 am, just now changed to preparing for shipment even though it says it will arrive today by 8pm, as long as it ships ill be happy, my daughter isnt close to needing it yet anyway.

I would stalk AWD for the skylanders. I haven't seen a lot of trapmasters (haven't started the game yet) but if it is anything like the other games those figures should start dropping pretty soon and will turn up there for $5-10. No guarantee on that, but that strategy has worked well for me for the first 3 games.
i highly recommend AWD for skylanders, most of the time they are just damaged packaging, basically the backing comes off real easy. ive got all my skylanders there and usually set my limit at $4 a piece. the trapmasters are still showing up for around $12 though.

ordered mine on the same day but it was after 7 am, just now changed to preparing for shipment even though it says it will arrive today by 8pm, as long as it ships ill be happy, my daughter isnt close to needing it yet anyway.

i highly recommend AWD for skylanders, most of the time they are just damaged packaging, basically the backing comes off real easy. ive got all my skylanders there and usually set my limit at $4 a piece. the trapmasters are still showing up for around $12 though.
Same with Swap Force Swappables, though those are disappearing from shelves and becoming harder and harder to find, so $12 might be the best you can do nowadays. As far as used goes, I've noticed is that Skylanders are very durable and, unliike Infinity figures or Amiibos, are made to be played with. They even make physical playsets for kids to use them as action figures. At Gamestop, I always browse the used ones, and never see any with scratches, missing paint, or any other blemishes.

Those looking for swappables, they have the double packs for $20.99 at TRU. Sadly, it seems they only made two varieties - Grilla Drilla / Fire Kraken, and Night Shift / Boom Jet, but it comes out to $10.50 each, which is almost unheard of for new swappables.

Amazon Gold Box starting at 11:10 AM CST:

• Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack - Tablet
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Hog Wild Fryno Character Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Torch Character Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Sure Shot Shroomboom Character Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Water Element Trap Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Hijinx & Eye Small
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Spry & Mini Jini
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Drobit & Trigger Snappy
  • Skylanders SWAP Force: Zoo Lou Character
  • Skylanders SWAP Force: Kickoff Countdown Character

Don't know what the discount will be just yet.

Amazon Gold Box starting at 11:10 AM CST:

• Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack - Tablet
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Hog Wild Fryno Character Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Torch Character Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Sure Shot Shroomboom Character Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Water Element Trap Pack
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Hijinx & Eye Small
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Spry & Mini Jini
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Drobit & Trigger Snappy
  • Skylanders SWAP Force: Zoo Lou Character
  • Skylanders SWAP Force: Kickoff Countdown Character

Don't know what the discount will be just yet.
link please? Finding a specific deal on Amazon is almost impossible, given how many, and over countless products, they have each day.

They're 30% off, at least the ones I saw.  Link - www.amazon.com - click on Today's Deals (at the top).

*edit* The water trap is $2 and the tablet starter is $20.

Sorry about the lack of a link earlier...it was in the Goldbox section.

LINK:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27?gb_hero_f_102=p:1,c:468642,s:available

• Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack - Tablet - 19.99
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Hog Wild Fryno Character Pack - 6.99
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Torch Character Pack - 6.99
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Sure Shot Shroomboom Character Pack - 6.99
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Water Element Trap Pack - 1.95
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Hijinx & Eye Small - 9.99
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Spry & Mini Jini - 9.99
  • Skylanders Trap Team: Drobit & Trigger Snappy - 9.99
  • Skylanders SWAP Force: Zoo Lou Character ?
  • Skylanders SWAP Force: Kickoff Countdown Character ?
Picked up the minis for my daughters.  We're only up to Giants, but I feel that it's a decent price for their eventual X-mas/Bday presents.  They've been geeking out over the minis everytime we see them in stores.

They won't work until Trap Team.
I'm aware of that. Seeing as how we breezed through Spyro's Adventures in a couple of months, I'm pretty sure we'll catch up to Trap Team by their birthdays next year (at the latest). I'm new to Skylanders, but through a bunch of different deals I already had Giants & SwapForce with a handful of figures for each.

Just drip feeding out to the younguns ;) Thanks for the heads up anyways

Countdown is $4.49

Zoo Lou is $2.29. That's the cheapest I've ever seen a Skylander, and he's got some pretty cool attacks too.

Countdown is $4.45

Zoo Lou is $2.39. That's the cheapest I've ever seen a Skylander, and he's got some pretty cool attacks too.
Cheapest Skylander is the Giants starter pack for $0.99, actually. Comes with Barkley or whatever its name is.

(Tree Rex, after googling).

Cheapest Skylander is the Giants starter pack for $0.99, actually. Comes with Barkley or whatever its name is.

(Tree Rex, after googling).
Where is that at?

Went and got a Zoo Lou, and Countdown looks tempting. Would be better if he didn't have a Lightcore figure, or that his normal version looks better, but still looking like a good deal.

Where is that at?

Went and got a Zoo Lou, and Countdown looks tempting. Would be better if he didn't have a Lightcore figure, or that his normal version looks better, but still looking like a good deal.
Best Buy was clearancing them for $4.99 then $0.99. It was mostly posted in the Club Nintendo thread, since it came with 60 coins.

Here are this year's Easter variants.

First time i have seen these available at any retailer online.Says release date is 3/15

Skylanders Trap Team Trap Crystal 1 Pack Earth - Easter

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-trap-team-trap-crystal-1-pack-earth-easter/120454

Skylanders Trap Team Mini Eggsellent Weeruptor Character Pack

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-trap-team-mini-eggsellent-weeruptor-character-pack/120451

Skylanders Trap Team Mini Power Punch Pet Vac Character Pack by Activision
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-trap-team-mini-power-punch-pet-vac-character-pack/120453

I'll wait for best buy to list them so i can use GCU. Will pick up the trap and pet vac.

Already have regular weerupter so no need for another one of him unless it's on sale along with GCU.

Which Skylanders are the ones that are valuable? I know that the Trap Team Helmet Traps, Kaos Traps, and the Trap Team Starter Pack Dark Edition are all valuable. Any others?

Not all of those are. There are rare variants included there, such as stone, fuzzy/flocked, and editions only given out at events, but not all on that page are rare, like Kickoff Countdown, Jade Fire Kraken, and Scarlet Ninjini are scarcely rarer than their originals (Jade is actually cheaper right now than regular edition, even though it looks a lot cooler). From what I understand, the rarest is single pack Spyro from Spyro's Adventure. They only sent them out to reviewers before the main game was released. The figure itself is identical to the standard version, it is only the packaging that is rare. There were very few to begin with, and since most opened theirs to review the game, there are very few sealed ones still out there.

Here are this year's Easter variants.
First time i have seen these available at any retailer online.Says release date is 3/15

Skylanders Trap Team Trap Crystal 1 Pack Earth - Easter
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-trap-team-trap-crystal-1-pack-earth-easter/120454

Skylanders Trap Team Mini Eggsellent Weeruptor Character Pack
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-trap-team-mini-eggsellent-weeruptor-character-pack/120451

Skylanders Trap Team Mini Power Punch Pet Vac Character Pack by Activision
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-trap-team-mini-power-punch-pet-vac-character-pack/120453
Oh my Lord, those are adorable. I need them.

Just need Stink Bomb and I'll have my essentials for all but Trap Team. Saw him at BB for $14.99, which will be down to $12.00 plus tax after GCU. Odd how hard it is to find a deal on him, as even AWD has him for around that price, and he's not exactly rare. Anyone know where I might get a deal on him, or should I hold my nose (no pun intended) and get him at BB? 

Just need Stink Bomb and I'll have my essentials for all but Trap Team. Saw him at BB for $14.99, which will be down to $12.00 plus tax after GCU. Odd how hard it is to find a deal on him, as even AWD has him for around that price, and he's not exactly rare. Anyone know where I might get a deal on him, or should I hold my nose (no pun intended) and get him at BB?
I picked up a AWD Stink Bomb in December for $7.75. It included everything including code. I'd wait if you can. It should pop back up from time to time.

Where? I tend to check hourly and never saw it drop below that $50ish mark
I've seen it maybe 3 times since I started looking for Kaos traps.

Last night was up for a hour or two. If the main page doesn't show it, it should be under the "NEW" link.

Everytime it shows, it's always backordered till so and so. I think it was March 2nd back ordered.

IT's one per account ,so people who've already ordered can't massively buy some, unless they make multiple accounts and amazon doesn't find them. Either way it at least gives a higher buyer time rate

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00NTDL4FU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1425052867&sr=1-1

Or you could always wait for the kaos trap 3 pack whenever that'll eventually show up

Just need Stink Bomb and I'll have my essentials for all but Trap Team. Saw him at BB for $14.99, which will be down to $12.00 plus tax after GCU. Odd how hard it is to find a deal on him, as even AWD has him for around that price, and he's not exactly rare. Anyone know where I might get a deal on him, or should I hold my nose (no pun intended) and get him at BB?
Also, my local TRU will clearance out skylanders where the packaging is undone. I think the Swappable were $8-$10 each last time I looked.

FYI to anyone looking for Wave 4 Skylanders. 

I preordered Blackout, the upcoming dark Skylanders at Best Buy a few weeks back, and they sent an email yesterday to update the release date of the order.  The release date is supposedly on 03/08/2015. Hopefully this is an indication that Wave 4 is a week or two away. Wanna finish my Trap Team skylanders (need a light and magic trap master).

I preordered Blackout, the upcoming dark Skylanders at Best Buy a few weeks back, and they sent an email yesterday to update the release date of the order. The release date is supposedly on 03/08/2015. Hopefully this is an indication that Wave 4 is a week or two away. Wanna finish my Trap Team skylanders (need a light and magic trap master).
Blackout and Spotlight are both core, not Trapmaster, characters.

I preordered Blackout, the upcoming dark Skylanders at Best Buy a few weeks back, and they sent an email yesterday to update the release date of the order. The release date is supposedly on 03/08/2015. Hopefully this is an indication that Wave 4 is a week or two away. Wanna finish my Trap Team skylanders (need a light and magic trap master).
lol, I was like, why didn't I get an email? I did... and just didn't read it...

I picked up a AWD Stink Bomb in December for $7.75. It included everything including code. I'd wait if you can. It should pop back up from time to time.
stink bomb was hovering around $7 last week on AWD, its the last one my daughter needs to be able to unlock everything. greedy me was hoping for $4 or less and now its up to $12.

Blackout and Spotlight are both core, not Trapmaster, characters.
I know he's core and not trapmaster, but I feel that Blackout looks much cooler than the dark trapmaster Knightmare, so I will get him to represent a dark skylander. Just getting him cause his design looks quite nice.

For the light/dark gates in Trap Team, does anyone know if the regular core dark/light skylander open those gates, or is it still only trapmaster who can open the dark/light gates? I own Trap Team, but don't wanna play until I got all skylanders needed, then go through it on one go.

Just a heads up, Swap Force starters are on sale at Best Buy.  Swap Force for PS4 is $19.99 before GCU, other sets range from $24.99 to $29.99 before gcu.

Source was the islick app for android.

I know he's core and not trapmaster, but I feel that Blackout looks much cooler than the dark trapmaster Knightmare, so I will get him to represent a dark skylander. Just getting him cause his design looks quite nice.

For the light/dark gates in Trap Team, does anyone know if the regular core dark/light skylander open those gates, or is it still only trapmaster who can open the dark/light gates? I own Trap Team, but don't wanna play until I got all skylanders needed, then go through it on one go.
Only trap masters open gates

I'm hoping when they release Blackout they'll get some more of the Light and Dark expansions in too.  I missed out on getting them from Gamestop when they were doing the $10 off for both so I'd love to be able to use my GCU for them.

Only trap masters open gates
That sucks. I know that Trap Master are the only ones that now open elemental gates, I find it odd to add two new elements and still required only the trap masters.

How are the light/dark gates done in the game. Are there individual gates for dark and light. Or does either new element open either dark/light gates? Do you actually need both the light and dark trap masters to open separate gates, or do you only require one dark or light trap master? (do I need both light/dark trap masters, or only one of em)

That sucks. I know that Trap Master are the only ones that now open elemental gates, I find it odd to add two new elements and still required only the trap masters.

How are the light/dark gates done in the game. Are there individual gates for dark and light. Or does either new element open either dark/light gates? Do you actually need both the light and dark trap masters to open separate gates, or do you only require one dark or light trap master? (do I need both light/dark trap masters, or only one of em)
You will need both trap masters. The gates are not combined light/dark, there's a light gate and then there's a dark gate.

Will the Swap Force double packs count for the upcoming B1G1 40% off deal at TRU? Or is that just for single characters?

anybody know what exactly this is? just labeled as skylanders giants battle pack. on clearance for $7.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skylander-giants-battle-packs-mac-windows/6778201.p?id=1218819405832&skuId=6778201
I bought it in store. GCU also applied. It was this one at my store anyway. http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Giants-Battlepack-no-operating-system/dp/B0098EVZZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1425087146&sr=1-1&keywords=SKYLANDER+GIANTS+BATTLE+PACKS+chop+chop

I ended up returning it to BB because I forgot I already owned it. :wall:

It's worth a shot. Please let me know how it goes. I'll see if I can find the receipt somehow in my rewards points to see what sku it was that I bought.

That amazon link you provided led me to an order that i placed on February 24, 2013...that pack was $9.99 & Swarm from Giants was $2.99 great deal lol

bread's done
Back