Official Skylanders Thread

I think it's because Amazon imposed a 1 per customer rule now
Yeah, I already have one from the Dark Expansion. I ordered one a few weeks ago and shipped it directly to my nephew. I tried ordering two because my best friends kids want one too. I just now put another order in to ship direct to me. It went through but I wonder if they're going to cancel it later once it's back in stock while processing.

Does anyone know if the Dark and Light Element Expansion Packs are getting a re-release or second wave?  I ran into what seems like a plethera of them at a local store when I havent seen them in stock anywhere else in a while.

Does anyone know if the Dark and Light Element Expansion Packs are getting a re-release or second wave? I ran into what seems like a plethera of them at a local store when I havent seen them in stock anywhere else in a while.
There's supposed to be a new wave coming up this month. (March 15th was the date I read for Easter themed figures) so maybe there will be some more expansions then?

There's supposed to be a new wave coming up this month. (March 15th was the date I read for Easter themed figures) so maybe there will be some more expansions then?
Oh ok, good to know. Yea I was thinking maybe it was a box that had got lost in the back and just hadnt been put out yet as my walmart always seems to be behind on everything.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread. I found a Winterfest Lob-Star at Target for $4.48 on clearance. I haven't been keeping up with the Target clearance thread. I wonder if this is a normal thing with Skylander figures or just a one time thing because it's a winter variant.

I don't have the Trap Team game yet, but I have this figure and hopefully the Kaos trap if Amazon ships it. :razz:

Thanks for the info. So are the packs with extra levels and traps coming back too? I'm never going to pay the ebay prices I'm seeing but would like to get them if they ever actually come back to retail.

On that note, I bought Wallop for my son tonight and noticed I got the full 20% off from my GCU at Best Buy. I believed Skylanders were only 10% but this may be useful info for those who like myself have a well stocked BB and still buy new stuff on occasion.

That's awesome! The Light and Dark Trapmasters sold separately, as well as a re-release of Bat-Spin! I wonder if this will be all over, or if these are GS exclusives?

Thanks for the info. So are the packs with extra levels and traps coming back too? I'm never going to pay the ebay prices I'm seeing but would like to get them if they ever actually come back to retail.

On that note, I bought Wallop for my son tonight and noticed I got the full 20% off from my GCU at Best Buy. I believed Skylanders were only 10% but this may be useful info for those who like myself have a well stocked BB and still buy new stuff on occasion.
It's always been 20% off with gcu. It works for skylanders,disney infinity and amiibos. I would assume that the light and dark level packs will come back as well like the kaos traps have.Gamestop does have an exclusive light trap with a villain already trapped inside it but it was released a few months ago and i doubt that one comes back. I would imagine that they would release more light/dark traps in the future.

That's awesome! The Light and Dark Trapmasters sold separately, as well as a re-release of Bat-Spin! I wonder if this will be all over, or if these are GS exclusives?
re release of batspin? When was she ever released before? As far as i know this is the first release of her anywhere. I would assume these releases would be all over the place but it seems like gamestop updates their site before anyone else does so they are usually the first to feature any new skylanders.

Scored these two at Target tonight for $30/each! Amazed! You guys should check your local stores and see if they might have any.

Also saw about 4 Triple Packs (Kaos, Earth and Air) but passed on it.

LighDarkExpansion-1024x397.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get into Skylanders. How come the Kaos trap was so expensive? Were enough not produced, or was it because it captures the best character in the game or something similar?

I'm starting to get into Skylanders. How come the Kaos trap was so expensive? Were enough not produced, or was it because it captures the best character in the game or something similar?
both, high demand, low supply, add in scalpers buying them any chance they get and you are left with the inflated prices until they release enough that resellers cant make a profit any more.

Both. It captures the boss of the previous games (Koas), who is quite popular. They shipped out 2 Kaos traps per box of traps.

Edit: You know those displays that go "Press the Trap button!"? That's Kaos.

Scored these two at Target tonight for $30/each! Amazed! You guys should check your local stores and see if they might have any.

Also saw about 4 Triple Packs (Kaos, Earth and Air) but passed on it.

LighDarkExpansion-1024x397.png
I tried finding these at two local Targets, and no luck. Stores say they are in stock, but employees can't find them (or swear they can't and just don't care to look carefully enough, but I think the stock tracker is off). Anyway, I am almost out of patience and might stop caring. Will call some further away Targets to see if I get luckier.

Edit: (UPDATE) was able to find both expansions at the 6th Target I called.

Toys R us has announced that they will have all of wave 4 in stores tomorrow (3/19/15)

I scored the new triple trap packs at my target today. there were 3 left of each they also had some of the light and dark expansion sets. But seems like TRU will be the spot tomorrow for all the new traps and figures. But for those of you waiting for GCU discount BB should have them on Sunday.

http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/trap-team-wave-4-hitting-the-back-room-and-some-shelves/

good luck

Toys R us has announced that they will have all of wave 4 in stores tomorrow (3/19/15)

I scored the new triple trap packs at my target today. there were 3 left of each they also had some of the light and dark expansion sets. But seems like TRU will be the spot tomorrow for all the new traps and figures. But for those of you waiting for GCU discount BB should have them on Sunday.

http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/trap-team-wave-4-hitting-the-back-room-and-some-shelves/

good luck
Great info! Thanks for sharing that link.

Just got back from target (Nashville west) and they had the light and dark expansions but nothing else. Only one of each left after I picked up a dark set.

Saw tons of wave 4 and 4.5 at my TRU at lunchtime today. They also had some of the Easter Egg packed guys. I saw two new trap masters and a lot of Kaos traps. They had two different dark traps and the plain rocket light trap plus many more of the normal elements. Also both the light and dark trap masters got single releases without the level pack.

Checked today and my local Target had the Light & Dark expansions, the triple trap packs (about half of which contained a Kaos Trap), and all of the Easter variants.

For anyone looking to pick up traps at TRU.  They have a sale going on right now, Buy a water trap, get any other single trap for $1.  As long as you have one water trap in your purchase, every second trap will get the $1 sale price. (For example, buy 14 traps , 7 of those will be $1 as long as you have just one water trap in your purchase.) 

For anyone looking to pick up traps at TRU. They have a sale going on right now, Buy a water trap, get any other single trap for $1. As long as you have one water trap in your purchase, every second trap will get the $1 sale price. (For example, buy 14 traps , 7 of those will be $1 as long as you have just one water trap in your purchase.)
So that ends up being $4 a trap or if you buy today with your tru card to save another 10% $3.60. That's $1.20 better than best buys GCU single trap price. Crap now I might have to make a trip back out before they get cleared out of traps.

Checked today and my local Target had the Light & Dark expansions, the triple trap packs (about half of which contained a Kaos Trap), and all of the Easter variants.
Just picked up a triple trap pack with Kaos trap at Target. Wouldn't have thought to check there until I read your post. Thanks!

To get the $1 trap deal to work at tru don't include the exclusive earth trap it screws the deal up since its a "red hot" item.

Has the dark and light element expansions become super common again in the last few days? Every target in my area has some.

[quote name="jgibbons83" post="12579775" timestamp="1426826373"]Has the dark and light element expansions become super common again in the last few days? Every target in my area has some.[/quote]

Came as a surprise seeing as it shows as discontinued in the system.

As the above poster stated, the Target system shows them as discontinued. I asked a Target employee and the system has them discontinued, but they somehow received extras this week (was able to finally grab them yesterday).  Since Activision is selling the Light/Dark trap masters and traps separately now/soon, the expansion sets might be limited as they are transitioning from only being available as sets, to now being sold separately (except for the extra levels).

Thanks for one of each of the light and dark traps. I have the dark expansion but I haven't been able to find a light one. Hopefully I can get the figure at least.

Nice thanks for that light trap too! Between this, the dark trap earlier and the three easter items; our son is going to be a happy boy come easter.

Toys R Us in Niles, IL had Kaos single traps and three packs with the Kaos trap. They also had all the wave four figures both single and trap masters. I picked up Spotlight and Blackout. I am going to wait for a sale on the Trap Masters.

Am I the only one who really wants to see these damn Skylander games available digitally so I can just download whatever characters I want to use in game for a couple dollars each instead of fighting with collectors to get certain ones? If you're a gamer and NOT a collector, this is just bullshit. I don't want all these figures lying around. I just want to play the games.

Am I the only one who really wants to see these damn Skylander games available digitally so I can just download whatever characters I want to use in game for a couple dollars each instead of fighting with collectors to get certain ones? If you're a gamer and NOT a collector, this is just bullshit. I don't want all these figures lying around. I just want to play the games.
Kids love the toys. They will never get rid of them.

I love the toys, and I'm an adult. Plus, the chips inside of the figures save all of their data, the leveling data, names, hats, trinkets, and move sets that you give to your figure are all saved on the toy. Not in the game.

I love the toys, and I'm an adult. Plus, the chips inside of the figures save all of their data, the leveling data, names, hats, trinkets, and move sets that you give to your figure are all saved on the toy. Not in the game.
Me too! I wish I had a glass display case so I could show them off. I hate that they're stuck in my closet.

Light traps are also available:

http://www.amazon.com/Activision-Skylanders-Element-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00UD6MQDK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1426866620&sr=1-3

Between both traps popping up on Amazon for MSRP and the trap masters showing up in stores all over, this will surely bring down the prices for the dark and light expansion packs (it already has quite a bit).
I'm just hoping to see them show back up at Best Buy eventually. I can hope.

Somebody just posted the new Target ad on here. All Skylanders figures including expansion packs and adventure packs will be 25% off at Target from 3/29-4/4.

Unlike Amiibos, Activision has been pretty good at making Skylanders available. It might not be speedy about it, but eventually, you can find them all on shelves at some point. Kaos traps are becoming more and more obtainable, as are the Light and Dark Expansions. Not counting the ultra-rare variants, the only impossible-to-get-for-a-good-price ones are Lightcore Chill and Lightcore Pop Fizz. All the others can (or soon will be) available for at least MSRP or less, in most cases.

Went by BB for Shortcut and Thunderbolt. Available at TRU b/ BB cannot sell until tomorrow. They did have Kaos traps. Noticed online that available for in store pick up. They were in the back. Store will hold Shortcut and Thunderbolt so I can pick up tomorrow. Polaris BB Columbus Oh they have more.

Went by BB for Shortcut and Thunderbolt. Available at TRU b/ BB cannot sell until tomorrow. They did have Kaos traps. Noticed online that available for in store pick up. They were in the back. Store will hold Shortcut and Thunderbolt so I can pick up tomorrow. Polaris BB Columbus Oh they have more.
Were they register locked? Or was that a manager's decision?

bread's done
Back