Official Skylanders Thread

Somebody just posted the new Target ad on here. All Skylanders figures including expansion packs and adventure packs will be 25% off at Target from 3/29-4/4.
Really? Damn. I JUST bought the expansion this past Thursday. Anyone know if they'll refund me the difference? I haven't opened it yet.

Updated OP to reflect new Target sales, and Kaos 3 pack.

Let me know the next time TRU has a sale. Got a $5 coupon, and wouldn't you know it - they have a 40% off sale every other week, until I get the coupon, then nothing.

Updated OP to reflect new Target sales, and Kaos 3 pack.

Let me know the next time TRU has a sale. Got a $5 coupon, and wouldn't you know it - they have a 40% off sale every other week, until I get the coupon, then nothing.
They are Buy 1 Get 1 40% off this week for Trap Team and Buy 1 Get 1 75% off for the other older three games at TRU this week.

Anyone know when Best Buy will be getting the new wave? I bought 4 at TRU today (Batspin, Spotlight, Thunderbolt and Echo. But it's so expensive buying from them lol

Anyone know when Best Buy will be getting the new wave? I bought 4 at TRU today (Batspin, Spotlight, Thunderbolt and Echo. But it's so expensive buying from them lol
I heard as soon as today from some of the Facebook groups I am on but so far nobody posted that they found any there today. One guy yesterday said he found both new Trap Masters but they were street dated for today. I dont know how true that is. I would like to get Short Cut and Thunderbolt there because I have two $1.00 off vcoupons plus my GCU discount. I might wait till Thursday and try TRU since I will save an extra 10% for using my TRU card that day. But I have a feeling by than the new guys will all be gone.

got spotlight and blackout today at bestbuy. they also had high five. Guy working said they had the new trap masters but for some reason the system wouldn't let them put them out on the floor yet. I remember seeing something online about bestbuy having a 3/24 street date for them so that's the reason probably.

Did get the Easter earth trap and the red hot trussle sprout from toysrus though. They had all the new trap
masters and bat spin and rock n roll guy. Not worth the markup price to me though so I'll just wait for another bestbuy sale.

I picked up a couple boxes of cereal with "skystones" in them. They are a little bigger than a mini deck of cards. Maybe 2.5 by 2 inches. I figure you guys know about them already, but the search function isn't working right now, so I figured I would post anyway.

These were in honey nut cheerios, but I think they are in  other cereals too. I got 2 different decks in two boxes of the same cereal. HTH

I picked up a couple boxes of cereal with "skystones" in them. They are a little bigger than a mini deck of cards. Maybe 2.5 by 2 inches. I figure you guys know about them already, but the search function isn't working right now, so I figured I would post anyway.

These were in honey nut cheerios, but I think they are in other cereals too. I got 2 different decks in two boxes of the same cereal. HTH
Don't forget there are two coupons also inside the box. One is for $10 off the starter pack and one for a $1 off a figure.

Got all the new ones from Best Buy except for the minis (didn't have them) and Bat Spin (street dated to today, but their system wouldn't allow it).

They had a shipment of basically a box of trap masters (2x dark, 2x light, 2x short cut, 2x thunderbolt, 2x tuft luck, and 2x blaster mind), and two boxes of normals.

cool so short cut is out? What about Enigma? 

Also I've been looking at the expansions but it's hard to find a consensus on whether the trap team one (Midnight Express and Mirror of Myster) are worth the 25 bucks. I hear the light and dark expansions are fantastic but there's no sight when they will be back in stock.

I'll pick up all the other new ones next week when they have the buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. Stack that with GCU and it will be even better.

Hopefully bestbuy.com updates and adds all the new ones there since they have skipped the last 2 waves now it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool so short cut is out? What about Enigma?

Also I've been looking at the expansions but it's hard to find a consensus on whether the trap team one (Midnight Express and Mirror of Myster) are worth the 25 bucks. I hear the light and dark expansions are fantastic but there's no sight when they will be back in stock.
Short Cut is definitely out. Saw it at Toys R Us and bought it at Best Buy.

Didn't see Enigma though.

both, high demand, low supply, add in scalpers buying them any chance they get and you are left with the inflated prices until they release enough that resellers cant make a profit any more.
I just found like 16 Kaos Traps at my local TRU. Denver, CO I bought 2, they still had a bunch left. w00t!

I bought 5 of the Wave 4 traps at Best Buy yesterday, but they didn't have any of the new figures. Hoping they'll show up tomorrow or Tuesday.

Although I'm just now hearing about the sale coming up, so maybe I'll wait.

I just received an email that my preorder for Blackout that I placed at BB a month ago during the b1g1 50% off is back ordered until 4/2- 4/22. Has anyone received their Blackout that they preordered?

Don't know if it's showing up for anyone, but on the Bestate Buy app both Knight Mare and Knight Light are showing up 5.99, store pickup only. Sucks none around me have them

Don't know if it's showing up for anyone, but on the Bestate Buy app both Knight Mare and Knight Light are showing up 5.99, store pickup only. Sucks none around me have them
Yeah its showing up on the regular site as well. Let's hope they don't catch it before local stores get stock!

I bought 4 of the new wave figures at TRU Sunday, but I'll be hanging on to them until next week, maybe I can get them during the BB buy 1 get 1 50% off next week

Found 2 Kaos traps at Target. Guess they're common now. Didn't buy them. Should I have?

OT - Also had a nice selection of SMB Amiibos.

I saw about 5 kaos traps at BBY yesterday, but I just grabbed one.  I think I saw tuff luck and blastermind there... maybe thunderbolt as well.

I def. saw thunderbolt and short cut at Gamestop.  No enigma sightings though.

bestbuy.com also has the following 2 listings

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/activision-skylanders-trap-team-trap-pack-multi/5173168.p?id=1219646581688&skuId=5173168

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/activision-skylanders-trap-team-trap-pack-multi/5173159.p?id=1219646581689&skuId=5173159

Both are priced at $14.99 so i would assume they are for trap masters but there is nothing to indicate which ones.

Also gives a release date of 4/17/2015
Trap pack makes me think they're the trap triple packs, not trap masters.

yeah didn't even think of that.

They really need to update the website. since they never put up the ones from wave 3 in January except for trailblazer and the cobra guy.

I was able to do instore pickups for both of them (at stores that I'm nowhere near.)

Hopefully my family and friends can grab them for me.

I noticed the traps come in different shapes and forms - hands, wings, etc. Are these decorative; a way to tell two same element traps apart, or do these shapes have an impact on the game in some way?

Decorative. The trap box holds every variation.
That trap box is pretty pricey, and unavailable except from third party sellers. Ornament boxes are great for storing figures (especially the snapware one that seems to only be sold at Wal-Mart around Christmas). Anyone discovered something like that for traps; something that can store them designed for something else, something long, skinny, and that stands straight up.

That trap box is pretty pricey, and unavailable except from third party sellers. Ornament boxes are great for storing figures (especially the snapware one that seems to only be sold at Wal-Mart around Christmas). Anyone discovered something like that for traps; something that can store them designed for something else, something long, skinny, and that stands straight up.
I went to hobby lobby and bought a piece of Styrofoam and drilled some undersized holes in it. Sticking the traps in squared to the trap shape. I have plans to do the same but look at some other foam options (like that foam they stick fake flowers in or something) and tthn make a nice wooden box to set it in for display

I picked up a bunch of Skystone-included boxes of cereal at Target yesterday: Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are on sale for $2.49 (Reese's Puffs are $2.84, but worth the extra 34cents).

Since there are 4, I figured 7 boxes should do the trick, nope!  Got 2, 2, 3, and zero of Wallop!  Went right back and decided I would start opening the cereal in the aisle until I found a wallop pack (the cards are in between the box and the cereal bag, you only need to open the box).  Each box opened I put in my basket to buy regardless of the outcome.

I opened 3 boxes of Reese's Puffs and got 3 Krypt King decks :oldman:

Moved on to Cinnamon Toast Crunch for one final chance, and finally got Wallop.  It took me 11 boxes of cereal to get a complete set of 4.

If anyone needs a Krypt King or Snap Shot pack and has an extra Wallop, PM me for a swap.  I'm looking for 2 complete sets (one for myself and one for my son)

(original) Skystones is just as great in real life as it is in the game (and for the first time, PVP).  I'm more excited about this than I am about any waves coming out.

I went to hobby lobby and bought a piece of Styrofoam and drilled some undersized holes in it. Sticking the traps in squared to the trap shape. I have plans to do the same but look at some other foam options (like that foam they stick fake flowers in or something) and tthn make a nice wooden box to set it in for display
Good idea - never thought of that! I am looking into lipstick holders. Lipstick tubes are bigger than the trap stems, but the figure on top should hold them in place. You'd have to identify them by color or shape, not elemental seal, but that shouldn't be too hard.

looks like you can get the light and dark skylanders from bby shipped now.  it costs $2.99 for shipping though. 

I have elite free expedited shipping - when I added toad treasure tracker to my order (which I'll return), I got free expedited shipping for toad treasure tracker and I got free standard shipping for the 2 trap masters. 

I hope someone else can get some good mileage out of this.

bread's done
Back