Official Skylanders Thread

So TRU is offering a free Trap Master with purchase of the Starter Set, and I was thinking of finally picking up Trap Team. Any suggestions on a good Trap Master to use in the game?

The Battle pack #1 I bought in store has this information in my purchase history:

SKYLANDER GIANTS BATTLE PACKS - Mac/Windows
SKU: 6778201
Quantity: 1
well, damn, im alot less optimistic about this now

That amazon link you provided led me to an order that i placed on February 24, 2013...that pack was $9.99 & Swarm from Giants was $2.99 great deal lol
that was a great deal, especially since the pack trades in for $8.99 now

I like Wallop and Krypt king. Both are mainly melee characters though.
Ka-Boom if you want a good range attack. Gearshift has three different attack styles, and looks really cool, and if you like Stealth Elf, Tuff Luck is more or less a bigger, stronger version of her.

Also some cereals like Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Cruch have decks of Skylanders Skystones in them and on the inside of the box there are two coupons. One for a $1 off a Skylander and another for $10 off a Trap Team Starter Pack. This might be good to stack with the TRU deal if you can find a good price match opportunity.

Hey guys, I recently bought this Skylanders set to sell.

$_57.JPG

I received a message on eBay asking if it plays in Italian. I highly doubt it does, but does anyone know for sure if it does or not? I know it requires a NTSC Wii U, which the person, who is in Italy, probably doesn't have, but I still want to be sure.

Hey guys, I recently bought this Skylanders set to sell.

$_57.JPG

I received a message on eBay asking if it plays in Italian. I highly doubt it does, but does anyone know for sure if it does or not? I know it requires a NTSC Wii U, which the person, who is in Italy, probably doesn't have, but I still want to be sure.
The Wii U is region locked, so it is almost a sure bet that your set won't play in Italy unless your Italian friend has a NA console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few thoughts as i finally 1000/1000 the Xbox one version of Trap Team last night:

Definitely invest in Blastermind and his lock picking wowpow, make things so much easier.

Im finishing up my file on 360 and the performance and graphics on Xbox One is so much better. No stuttering, loads faster.

Kaos is still a pretty tough fight on nightmare mode...at least for me.

My favorite villian is hands down Tae Kwon Crow....with a distant second going to Luminous.

I bought Headrush and Bushwhack at Sam's for $9.88 each. Are these any good? I might take them back. Also, is Lobstar any good? He was there as well but since it came with a water guy, I didn't get him. I might pick up the Holiday version from Target if I ever see it at 70% off.

Just a few thoughts as i finally 1000/1000 the Xbox one version of Trap Team last night:

Definitely invest in Blastermind and his lock picking wowpow, make things so much easier.

Im finishing up my file on 360 and the performance and graphics on Xbox One is so much better. No stuttering, loads faster.

My favorite villian is hands down Tae Kwon Crow....with a distant second going to Luminous.
I'd like to wait for the release of Enigma or the undead scissor guy but I can't help feel I'll find the others on sale earlier and I'm not interesting in getting anything but the bare minimum just to contain the costs on these things.

I bought Headrush and Bushwhack at Sam's for $9.88 each. Are these any good? I might take them back. Also, is Lobstar any good? He was there as well but since it came with a water guy, I didn't get him. I might pick up the Holiday version from Target if I ever see it at 70% off.
There're some ultra-luckies on here who never spent more than $4 on a single Skylander, and have impressive collections, but for most of us, not so lucky folks, $10 is a good price for any Trap Master or Swappable. I was just at Sam's today, but I didn't know they even carried Skylanders! If they had those at mine for that price, I'd have bought them and not thought twice about it. Bushwhack is one of the most popular Trapmasters, kind of the Ryu of the line. He's a prototypical melee guy, with some acorn grenades to give him some range, and his figure looks nice, and is largely human, a plus to many. Head Rush is a strange character, mainly dealing in charges, stomps, and a yodel attack. If you want to mix things up with something unique, she's a good choice. She's also an Earth Element, meaning you don't need Wallop (who can be hard to find, and plays similar to several other characters). He figure looks good, with nice detail on the braids. She's also the largest female Skylander, if you're a fan of big women. Her horns can break easily though, so I'd recommend not picking her up by them, or giving her to kids for roughhousing.

The Skylander 101 videos on Youtube do a good job of showing how each performs. I always check it out before I buy any new Skylanders.

Lob Star doesn't look too impressive compared to the others, though they're all good characters in their own right. He's also a Water Element, which you already have from your starter pack, unless you have a 3DS. Holiday versions are pretty popular. It's doubtful you'll ever see any at 70% off, not around here, anyway, but if you ever do see ANY Trapmasters (or pretty much any Skylander) at 70% off, buy them. You won't be sorry.

There're some ultra-luckies on here who never spent more than $4 on a single Skylander, and have impressive collections, but for most of us, not so lucky folks, $10 is a good price for any Trap Master or Swappable. I was just at Sam's today, but I didn't know they even carried Skylanders! If they had those at mine for that price, I'd have bought them and not thought twice about it. Bushwhack is one of the most popular Trapmasters, kind of the Ryu of the line. He's a prototypical melee guy, with some acorn grenades to give him some range, and his figure looks nice, and is largely human, a plus to many. Head Rush is a strange character, mainly dealing in charges, stomps, and a yodel attack. If you want to mix things up with something unique, she's a good choice. She's also an Earth Element, meaning you don't need Wallop (who can be hard to find, and plays similar to several other characters). He figure looks good, with nice detail on the braids. She's also the largest female Skylander, if you're a fan of big women. Her horns can break easily though, so I'd recommend not picking her up by them, or giving her to kids for roughhousing.

The Skylander 101 videos on Youtube do a good job of showing how each performs. I always check it out before I buy any new Skylanders.

Lob Star doesn't look too impressive compared to the others, though they're all good characters in their own right. He's also a Water Element, which you already have from your starter pack, unless you have a 3DS. Holiday versions are pretty popular. It's doubtful you'll ever see any at 70% off, not around here, anyway, but if you ever do see ANY Trapmasters (or pretty much any Skylander) at 70% off, buy them. You won't be sorry.
I did this at the Manchester CT Best Buy first week of January. They had all Giants and Swap Force stuff 75% off. I picked up almost every giant and swappable I was missing. Spent less than 25 bucks

I did this at the Manchester CT Best Buy first week of January. They had all Giants and Swap Force stuff 75% off. I picked up almost every giant and swappable I was missing. Spent less than 25 bucks
8 Giants and 16 Swappables for under $25? Why don't they ever do that kind of thing where I live?

Thanks for the tips. I'm about to try out nightmare mode. I was planning on using Luminous but forgot about Crow.

Wow, I just happened to refresh the Kaos trap listing on Amazon and it was in stock for 5.99 so I one clicked and as I typed the first word of this post it went back out of stock...damn man. That's even worse than amiibo.

Wow, I just happened to refresh the Kaos trap listing on Amazon and it was in stock for 5.99 so I one clicked and as I typed the first word of this post it went back out of stock...damn man. That's even worse than amiibo.
Unlike Nintendo, I think Activision is actually trying to get these in the hands of players, but scalpers keep snatching them up as soon as they go on sale. Just keep trying - it'll go through eventually. Put it in your Wish List and check it every few hours or whenever you go online. Also be sure to check not just the face price, but glance at the third party offers (the used and new) and see if they're at $5.99. Setting it at one-click buy is also helpful.

Unlike Nintendo, I think Activision is actually trying to get these in the hands of players, but scalpers keep snatching them up as soon as they go on sale. Just keep trying - it'll go through eventually. Put it in your Wish List and check it every few hours or whenever you go online. Also be sure to check not just the face price, but glance at the third party offers (the used and new) and see if they're at $5.99. Setting it at one-click buy is also helpful.
I disagree. They're artificially making it rare. If they wanted to get it in the hands of players, they'd make them as common as water traps.

However, they're much much easier to find than amiibos, because they don't have a limited print run.

I did get one, I one clicked it and was done. I tried to post on here for somebody and it was gone before I even finished my sentence. Last couple time I had seen someone post about it was usually later in the day

I disagree. They're artificially making it rare. If they wanted to get it in the hands of players, they'd make them as common as water traps.

However, they're much much easier to find than amiibos, because they don't have a limited print run.
My god all the water traps. I think they're going to be the new ET landfill. I'm surprised IGN Hasn't chimed in on them.

Both the Target and Brickseek websites are telling me there are light and dark expansion packs at a store in my area. Problem is the store is a good hour and a half round trip.  Not sure if I feel like taking the chance on it.

Call ahead and have them held.
Didn't think the trip would be worth the chance, so I called and asked if they had them. Unfortunately it was a no go :whistle2:( . Oh well, I'm sure I'll get 'em some day.

Both the Target and Brickseek websites are telling me there are light and dark expansion packs at a store in my area. Problem is the store is a good hour and a half round trip. Not sure if I feel like taking the chance on it.
Sucks that they use the same DPCI for both (207-00-3011) so you never know which one they have without calling (if their inventory site is accurate that is and they have either).

I walked into Best Buy today to pick up some movies and looked over the Skylanders. The three dozen water traps they've had for the last two months were gone and replaced with a good assortment of Tech, Undead and Magic Traps. They also had a random Kaos Trap which I picked up on the off chance someone here is still looking.

Even better, I have GCU so after tax and shipping it'd be less than $10. Takers?

I walked into Best Buy today to pick up some movies and looked over the Skylanders. The three dozen water traps they've had for the last two months were gone and replaced with a good assortment of Tech, Undead and Magic Traps. They also had a random Kaos Trap which I picked up on the off chance someone here is still looking.

Even better, I have GCU so after tax and shipping it'd be less than $10. Takers?
The Kaos trap? You're selling that for under $10? I'll take it, for sure.

Anyone else experience lots of slowdown while playing the Kaos Doom Challenges? I'm playing on 360 btw
It's technically a current gen game, so slowdown on last-gen systems is not surprising. I bet the Wii is really bad. I bought 360 Giants and Wii Swap Force, and there is a huge graphical decline in the Wii version, even with a standard def TV.

I found 2 Kaos traps at my local Best Buy today. They got a huge trap shipment in and got 2 Kaos traps.
It's been popping on and off Amazon for retail for the last day... you just have to randomly check it and hope to get lucky. Thought I saw it early but couldn't 1 click buy it. Then this morning it let me buy it easy as pie. Crazy.

It's been popping on and off Amazon for retail for the last day... you just have to randomly check it and hope to get lucky. Thought I saw it early but couldn't 1 click buy it. Then this morning it let me buy it easy as pie. Crazy.
I think they're re-releasing these things heavily. I bet in terms of numbers, they're going to be (if not already) as plentiful as any traps, but the scalpers buy out the lot whenever they go on sale, so they never make it to the general public.

Yes, I have slowdown on the Kaos Doom challenges on 360 as well. Haven't figure out what is causing it but sounds like it is common.
Have you tried installing the game to see if that helps? For some reason I can't install past 75% because I get a dirty disc error despite no scratches

Yes, I have slowdown on the Kaos Doom challenges on 360 as well. Haven't figure out what is causing it but sounds like it is common.
I'm betting it's pushing the hardware to the limit. Late cycle PS2 games, such as Shadow of the Colossus, had similar issues. Installing may help, but the only improvement I've ever seen is faster load times and screen transitions. I've never seen it improve performance, but that doesn't mean it won't for this game.

bread's done
Back