Xbox Gamerscore general discussion

Ryuukishi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I thought it would be cool to have a thread just for gamerscore and achievement hunting discussion. What's your score? What's your goal? What are your proudest accomplishments, and what games are you working on currently?

Resources:

- TrueAchievements - awesome suite of stat-tracking tools (CAG leaderboard)

- Xbox Achievements - the best place for achievement guides, walkthroughs, and discussion on specific games

- My Gamer Profile, Exophase, Xbox Gamertag - a few popular gamercard generators

Achievement hunter PSAs:

- Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious is free until 4/10. It's an easy 1000 on Xbone in around 3 hours. The Xbox 360 version is more challenging but still doable.

- Child of Light is currently a free Game with Gold on Xbox One. An easy (and fun!) completion, but will require a ~12 hour time commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Just bookmarking this.

Current gamerscore is 42,128. Getting 1000/1000 in Diablo three will be the death of me. My proudest gamerscore moment was getting 1000/1000 in dark souls. I think it's the only game I've completed 100%! I'll be playing DS2 on X1 starting tonight.

Edit: oh, and I'm always down to help out anyone, just message me on xbl. GT is tandjame

Ok, so I dont have anything to report on gamescores or achivements ( its best if I dont :) ). But, since this is XBox related I will tag along and someday I can post my proud moment too...or not.

Oh, the dreaded "non zero or five" gamerscore! What game put you in this predicament?

I can't remember what it's called, but it's the black and white puzzle game on 360. The one where every level looks like an M.C. Escher drawing. Threes on xbone didn't help either. It's all good, though. I've come to terms with it!

Yes! Bookmarked!
I'm on TA (same screen name/gamertag)
Finished a boosting session last night with a buddy for one of the Castle Crasher achievements, so always looking for friends who hunt achievements as much as I do.
Currently at 154,240 Gamerscore. Rising daily!

That reminds me, everyone should sign up for the CAG TA leaderboard if you're not already!

I love that TA tracks streaks now, it's a fun meta-goal along with completion percentage. I will admit to saving games with easy achievements, like Dead or Alive 5, for times when I needed a quick pop to keep a streak going. Also, there have been times when it was close to midnight and I knew I was about to pop an achievement, so I paused the game and waited until just after midnight, to add another day to my streak!

That reminds me, everyone should sign up for the CAG TA leaderboard if you're not already!

I love that TA tracks streaks now, it's a fun meta-goal along with completion percentage. I will admit to saving games with easy achievements, like Dead or Alive 5, for times when I needed a quick pop to keep a streak going. Also, there have been times when it was close to midnight and I knew I was about to pop an achievement, so I paused the game and waited until just after midnight, to add another day to my streak!
Great minds think alike. My budddy I mentioned and I do the same thing. Streaks are awesome, but I had to let my big one go because of a vacation to Mexico. Real life intervenes far too often to try for a massive one. Still, as you said, it's a great way to keep your score continuously going higher and higher.
Oh yeah, I just requested to be added to the leader board. I had hoped there was a CAG leader board on TA somewhere.

I'm closing in on the 100k mark and I'm trying to decide what achievement I would like to use to hit it.
Make sure to take a picture to commemorate it. :)

10534898_255172441339157_368536396_n.jpg

I hit it during one of the episodes of The Walking Dead Season Two.

Thanks! Signed up!

51,807 at the moment. I have no goals. I would try to get as many as I could in the 360 days but since XB1 came out I have very little interest in going out of my way for an achievement.

238 out of 343 on the CAG TA leaderboard. Woo hoo. :D/

For a while my main goal was to get to 100,000 asap. I had this idea in my mind that 100k was the point where you've "arrived," like that's when people can start taking you seriously as an achievement hunter. :lol: Now that I'm on the other side of 100k, I still want to raise my score but I'm also interested in my completion percentage. I'm usually hovering around 50%, lately on the low side. I'm never going to be one of those people in the 90s or something, but I'm always kicking around the idea of revisiting old games to try and fortify that a little more, maybe get up around 60%.

My completion % is around 20 if I remember right. I have a bad habit of dropping games to play other ones and not returning. It's like being in the middle of a sentence hey look its a butterfly whats for dinner?

You should be able to see my gamerscore in my signature (also the picture is linked with my TA profile, so you will see more info if you click on it =P)

I'm at 84.497 GS right now, and also made blogpost of my backlog (or rather my to do list) and keep on updating the progress lol

As you see my number is also not ending in 5 or 0 Luxor 2 and The Orange Box are responsible for that...

Oh, the dreaded "non zero or five" gamerscore! What game put you in this predicament?
I've got one too. Reach did it to me. >.>

Joined the TA group. I used to be a much bigger achievement hunter, but I've scaled back a bit in recent years. I still like going after as many as I can, but I try to no longer grind out those lengthy and/or MP ones, if possible.

Nice to see one of these up. Maybe I'll post more instead of lurking half the time. :p

Sitting at 268,945 as of this moment with a goal of hitting 325,000 by the end of the year. Just over 200 points a day (which granted I don't always hit), but ahead of schedule by about 3%. Not sure what I'll use to hit 300k with as of yet. Used "Monument To All Your Sins" in Halo Reach for 100k and the 1k of Binary Domain for 200k. Felt good to knock that out, with the multiplayer taking a solid 100 hours or so.

Not working on any specific game at the moment. Been playing Rayman Legends again since it became free on the X1 last month. Hoping to have the 1k by the end of the month. 1k'd the 360 version in three months acquiring no diamond cups, but having 25 in the X1 version has sped me up quite nicely.

Anyone here sign up to do the GTASC for this year? Signed up technically, but just playing normally seeing how long I'll last. Not going to go out of my way like I did last year.

Great thread, I'll be a frequent here.

I'm proud of my Mass Effect 100%s along with the three main Fable games. Alan Wake was a fun 100% too.

I'll add this to help, Disney Infinity 1 has a couple of easy odd # achievements that are good for balancing out your gamerscore, for those interested.

I thought it would be cool to have a thread just for gamerscore and achievement hunting discussion. What's your score? What's your goal? What are your proudest accomplishments, and what games are you working on currently?
Score: 221,342 (thanks for the 2 Threes!)

Goal: Working on % now, hoping to break the 50% mark after I nuked my completion by diving 58 games in TA's bean dive.

Proudest Accomplishment? Probably getting the 200gs on Super Monkey Ball WP and being #12 of currently 48 people who have completed it.

I'm at 91,763 atm and slowly progressing due to work, eh I really can't complain finally nagged a full time gig, and Xbox One's achievements tied to online.

Fav achievement moment is def 100% ing Mass Effect 2. ME2 Insanity run, I HAVE HAIR ON MY CHEST!!!!!

Fav achievement moment is def 100% ing Mass Effect 2. ME2 Insanity run, I HAVE HAIR ON MY CHEST!!!!!
Right? One of my favorite moments as well. I remember holding my breath after the final boss died, waiting for that 75G to pop... Definitely one of the hardest games I've beaten (without taking advantage of any glitches or tricks).

I think my #1 accomplishment though, is 1750/1750 in Lips... Don't laugh, it's a 1.34% completion rate, and that completion represents a LOT of singing. :cool:

Anyone here sign up to do the GTASC for this year? Signed up technically, but just playing normally seeing how long I'll last. Not going to go out of my way like I did last year.
Yes sir. I'm in. The team I had last year wanted to join up just to see how our casual playing will stack up. Still in so far, although last week was close for us. The casual playing turns into "omgholyshitwho'sgotthepoints" on Saturday evening though. Still, it's incentive to score and slowly burrow through backlogs...until the next good sale.
I'm too A.D.D. to follow through any sort of scoring plan for completing games. I guess a two year old and wife don't help the ole gaming habits much :)

Score: 221,342 (thanks for the 2 Threes!)
Goal: Working on % now, hoping to break the 50% mark after I nuked my completion by diving 58 games in TA's bean dive.
Proudest Accomplishment? Probably getting the 200gs on Super Monkey Ball WP and being #12 of currently 48 people who have completed it.
Man, Super Monkey Ball on WP7 is soul-crushing.

I'm closing in on 250k.  No real goal in terms of amount of gamerscore although I've been working on getting my completion percentage up to 90%.  Sitting at 88% right now.

Um...does it usually take some time to be accepted to the CAG leaderboards on TA? I applied yesterday and have heard nada...

I finally bought an XB1 last week. I need to beef up my Friends List, went a bit dry on 360.

Mind if I add a few CAGs? I'm Champloo4 on XBL.

Mentioned Rayman Legends the other day. Wrapped up the single player on stream earlier tonight  and turns out I'm closer to the max awesomeness level than I originally thought. Figured I'd be at least two, if not three weeks away. Turns out, worst case scenario I grab the last achievement I need by Sunday (just need to do a few more daily challenges yet). Already having finished on the 360, it feels good stacking it on the X1.

I started Hardline last night since I now have a copy thanks to Best Buy last week :) It's awesome so far. 100 Gamerscore off the first level too, so I don't see it being a tough completion if the rest follows suit.

Also, I forgot to add this, got it a few weeks ago using the Kaboom! achievement in Fable III. I had to plan it out so I could score a 3 point achievement to put me back on my 5/0 track :)
[attachment=13578:WP_20150215_002.jpg]

Mentioned Rayman Legends the other day. Wrapped up the single player on stream earlier tonight and turns out I'm closer to the max awesomeness level than I originally thought. Figured I'd be at least two, if not three weeks away. Turns out, worst case scenario I grab the last achievement I need by Sunday (just need to do a few more daily challenges yet). Already having finished on the 360, it feels good stacking it on the X1.
Is it a tough thousand? I've never even played a Rayman game.

Finally got accepted on the CAG leaderboard on TA turns out I'm 150/354, not bad.

As for hardest completions; I'm not sure which to name..there are also a lot of games that were just really time consuming. But I could say I'm proud that I finished Unreal Tournament 3 and Happy Wars (yeah that free to play game with all the title update dlc) mainly because they took so long..I also did go for 200 Kills on 50 separate days just to get one achievement in UT3. Also I completed every single Assassin's Creed Game with every single dlc except Black Flag, feels also kinda good. (I even bought AC II Story DLC which hasn't had any achievements, I think it's the only DLC I ever bought that didn't have achievements)

I wondered why the TA CAG Leaderboard I started back in 2009 went from getting 1 or 2 requests a month to receiving 10+ over the past 48 hours?  I thought maybe I had finally hit the big time. :whee:

Glad to see you guys resurrecting the thread here on CAG.  We used to have a few good achievement threads on here, but once CAG 2.0 or 3.0 dropped there were so many growing pains that it soured me on the site.  I still browsed for deals, but didn't participate in the social threads much and stopped listening to the CAGcast as well.  I'm still lurking and am pretty active in the Destiny thread since that is where most of my gaming time goes now.  I'll definitely spend some time in this thread even though I am pretty much retired from serious gamerscorewhoring. 

When I was active I was routinely putting up 7-8,000 gs per month and was at one point ranked in the top 50 or 60 worldwide on the main TA leaderboard.  I stepped away about 2 years ago when I found out we were having twins.  It was a good run, but when I looked at it I wasn't having much fun any longer constantly chasing points.  I still do boost one night a week with a group of people I have been playing with for a number of years but that is about it.

As for me, I'm currently at 452,116 gs.  I don't really have any goals at this point since I'm not really chasing points any longer.  I'd say my proudest achievements are probably Seriously in Gears of War, World Champion (MP) in GRAW, and Completing the Collectors Album in UEFA 2007.

I have approved all the leaderboard join requests so hop on there and see where you rank compared to other CAGs.

I'll definitely spend some time in this thread even though I am pretty much retired from serious gamerscorewhoring.

When I was active I was routinely putting up 7-8,000 gs per month and was at one point ranked in the top 50 or 60 worldwide on the main TA leaderboard. I stepped away about 2 years ago when I found out we were having twins. It was a good run, but when I looked at it I wasn't having much fun any longer constantly chasing points. I still do boost one night a week with a group of people I have been playing with for a number of years but that is about it.

As for me, I'm currently at 452,116 gs. I don't really have any goals at this point since I'm not really chasing points any longer.
The man, the myth, the legend. Even retired, none of us are going to catch up with you in our lifetime. :lol: Well, maybe Jstryke.

41,658 GS.  Odd scores are from Trouble Witches Neo, a 3, a 7 and a 13, but I don't care about the digit.  51% completion percentage.  Highest scoring completed games are Borderlands and Gears 2 (1750), highest scoring game is Gears 3 (1900).  15 completed 360 retail titles (including DLC), 8 of which are Lego games.

Biggest accomplishment is probably soloing all 4 Gears games on Insane, though that isn't reflected by achievements.

Recently beat Tomb Raider on 360.  Was a bit dismayed to see that I missed one of the secret achievements that will require replaying about 75% of the campaign.  At least most of the MP achievements can be obtained in private matches.

I'm actually on my 2nd go around hitting 120k.  My old account (long story) had some cheating on it (due to a roommate I was living with at the time).  I had no idea and had to own up to it when I partook in a competition on X360A at the time.  It really is a sore spot with me as I had some pretty nice completions on that card too..  :cry:

Anywho, I wonder where I would be at score wise had I not "prestiged" my gamerscore as I like to put it :lol:

I'm sitting at 124,220 currently.  Much like with Glock, Destiny really stalled me putting up points.  Since I now have everything, I'm playing much less and have been having a go with Halo since it isn't as broken.  I think me wanting to get back into gamerscore is something that will aid in not playing as much Destiny.

Feel free to add me on X1.  I will be gaming on my 360 again here soon as well.

I know I have the means to hit 200k with real ease but I really don't want to play those shit easy and awful kids games just for points.  Doing most of those the first time was hard enough.  Doing it a 2nd time would mean I hate myself that much lol.  On my old account I hit 100k on the button with the Hannah Montana game on a dare that I didn't have the balls to be ridiculed.  Well I did and I did get a lot of shit from my casual friends.  I think that might be my 200K game on this account.  :)

Is it a tough thousand? I've never even played a Rayman game.
Rayman Origins was the first Rayman game I've ever played, but Legends is pretty easy. Most of the achievements are progress based, whether it's completing paintings, rescuing teensies, or completing all the levels 100%. Couple miscellaneous achievements sprinkled throughout as well with one (Kung-Foot) requiring a second controller as there is no online play, only local.

The only two achievements to watch out for are for 1 million lums and hitting max awesomeness. You'll reach 1 million lums going for everything else so there's no need to grind out levels for that. Even with the diamonds I've been acquiring this go around, I'm sitting at 1,200,000 or so (to give an idea).

As for max awesomeness, all the single player stuff has you sitting at I believe 4500 / 6000 for your awesomeness rank. At this point, the only way to increase it is doing the daily and weekly challenges. When the 360 version took me 3 months, I got gold maybe 85-90% of the time getting some silver sprinkled in from time to time. On the X1, I've had all gold or better (aside from two challenges where I had to get a silver and bronze for achievements as they don't stack with the higher trophies). At 10 points a piece for a gold trophy, if you gold every challenge in a week (which isn't that hard if you're at all half decent at 2D platformers), you'll sit at 160 points. Averaging 140 points a week (12 gold, 4 silvers) you'll finish the achievement in three months if you play every day (which only requires maybe 10-20 minutes tops if you just do a few runs).

The man, the myth, the legend. Even retired, none of us are going to catch up with you in our lifetime. :lol: Well, maybe Jstryke.
Heh, I'm still a good ways from that. If I hit my goal of 325k this year, it'll be my best year sitting at 80k. Currently my best year is sitting at 71,105 which was back in 2013. The way "Arcade" games are nowadays though with being 1000 points as opposed to 200 or 400 has me wondering how quickly I'll gain gamerscore in the future. Sucker for those digital games and played a good amount of arcade titles on the 360.

If I do manage to pass Glock, it won't be until close to the end of 2017 if he does zero gaming between now and then at my current rate. Good ways away, but if living in Pennsylvania is good for anything, it's for giving me that motivation to climb up leaderboards. Speaking of, actually compared myself to top spots in other states recently, and while I forget which states they were, there were a small handful where I was either number one or at least in the top five. Living in PA? Sitting at 37. Heck, one guy I'm chasing now is relentless as all hell and we probably passed 10 spots together, with me consistently sitting 1k or so behind him for the past few months.

Cool thread idea!

Sent a request for the TA leaderboard.  I'm only around 28K though, have really found myself shifting towards trophies ever since PS4 came out.  Xbox One seems to have pretty much disregarded achievements unfortunately.

I do have a number of good achievements on 360 though, my proudest being Mass Effect 1-3 on Insanity.  ME2 is the only major game I got the 100% for and it was well worth it!  Those games and Skyrim are probably my best scores.

The funny thing is that even being a passive cheevo hunter, Glock (and EastX) are always at the top of my friends list in achievements every month.

I've found myself being more passive since the Xbox one came out, but They do push me to get more out of each game. I'm usually at 10K per year and just hit 71,000.

Hey everyone! Just found this group a few days ago and just now able to check it out. I'd have to say that my proudest completions are Gears 1-4 (Judgment). Completed Gears 2 achievements twice as well as Gears 3. Currently working on completing Gears 2 JP which is a huge setback for me. Currently at 94605 gamerscore but I aim to get at least 25000 gamerscore before the start of each tenure (which is in mid November). I have a huge collection of games that haven't been touched yet with EASY gamerscore but I'm more of a completionist as well. Once I start a game, I try to avoid playing something else until the others are finished. My completion percentage isn't too great on TA but oh well. Slowly getting up there. I'm currently at 99 completed games (includes retail, arcade, WP, ect.) and still deciding what I'd like #100 to be. Have 117 games on my hard drive but about 3/4 of them are arcades. Others are just the digital copies of retail games

I'd have to say that my proudest completions are Gears 1-4 (Judgment). Completed Gears 2 achievements twice as well as Gears 3.
Dat Seriously 3.0. I was sure they were going to relax the requirements for that one somehow, like they've done with the Socialite achievements after enough time had passed, but it never happened. Have everything else in Gears 3 except that and the re-ups.

My gamerscore is still just below 60,000 despite the fact that I have hundreds of games and have been earning achievements since I purchased my Xbox 360 in November 2006.

Man I think Halo: MCC has really gotten me back into achievement hunting and less into playing Destiny all the damn time.

Currently sitting at 188/500 achievements and 1525/5000 gamerscore.  Have a long ways to go still but man I'm having a blast since it has been such a long time since I have played Halo 1-4.  I think I will probably end up doing all the achievements for 3 & 4 first then go back to 1 & 2.  I got roped into co-oping a bit of 3 and most of 4 with a buddy who is getting really close to the completion.

Also I've accumulated a nice little streak of 18 days and 149 achievements and best of all I don't want to stop :D

Aside from Halo, I really need to start Witcher 2 to be ready for 3 and I want to start Child of Light as well.  Oh yeah and I should finish off AC: Revelations since all I have is that stupid puzzle DLC that had no place in the damn game.  Lots of stuff on the docket.  Hopefully that keeps me to only doing weekly shit in Destiny rather than mindlessly doing bounties all the time.  :)

Dat Seriously 3.0. I was sure they were going to relax the requirements for that one somehow, like they've done with the Socialite achievements after enough time had passed, but it never happened. Have everything else in Gears 3 except that and the re-ups.
Yeah, I ended up getting it twice since my first attempt managed to get corrupted. I raged for about two days then quit my bitching and started all over again. This time, I did 1950/2000 waves of Horde by myself! I was so mad since none of my friends even wanted to play with me even after all the help I did for them. No biggie though. It's completed again so now I don't have to rely on anyone

bread's done
Back