Xbox Gamerscore general discussion

TA has a deal going right now on Pro account subscription, buy 3 years get 1 free. Regular price is $15/year.
I actually donated back then, when it wasn't a subscription thing..just wanted to help out...because I really like the site. Haven't spent any money since it is a subscription hum...

Nice Viper. Even "Rise To The Top" could be a fitting achievement considering, even if not the one you were going for.

Reminds me that I should start thinking about what my 300k achievement is going to be considering I hit 275k about a week back. 100k was Halo Reach's "A Monument To All Your Sins" (plus the completion) while 200k was the completion of Binary Domain.

As for my current easy 1k game, been playing Wanted: Weapons of Fate. Never saw the movie it's based after, but for a movie tie-in game, it's not too bad considering the multiple playthroughs that are required.
Thanks! I decided Rise to the top was a fitting substitute, even if it was paltry compared to Unstoppable.

I actually really like Wanted. It was visceral and the gunplay was just fine. Had an issue with the collectibles achievement not unlocking, so I had to start a new play through and snag them all again. Even with that though, the game was worth the $10 I paid for it.

Not sure what my next milestone is nor what my achievement will be. Back to Zombie Driver!

Zombie Driver Ultimate edition; completed last night. Good source of points, especially when bought on sale. 2000 Gamerscore and 3500TA!

Are any of you attempting the LASO Challenges in the Master Chief Collection?  Or have any of you completed any of them?

I'm uncertain whether it would be better to do those with a team or solo because of the way Iron resets you to checkpoints if one of your team dies, as well as having to worry about distributing health and shields due to the Famine Skull.  Iron Skull during Solo would make you restart the whole level, but you'd only have to worry about just your health and ammo count.

I am always up to boast/play if I am on.  I have Forza 5, Halo MCC, Destiny, Killer Instanct.  Lots of Other games also

Unearth4164

Been away from achievements for a while, but I think I'm going to start today to try and get a streak going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your cheevo streak....

i-believe-in-you.jpg

Ever since knocking out Flawless Raider a week ago, I've been thinking about my favorite achievements. These came to mind:

• Mass Effect 1 - Insanity - Just because I never thought I'd get it when I first got my Xbox 360 and the game.
  • Mass Effect 2 - Insanity - Because I'd started it a bunch of times and got discouraged, but finally nailed it.
  • Bioshock Infinite - 1999 Mode - Because I heard it was grueling tough, but I did it and loved every second of that game.
  • Fable 2 - Doll Catcher - It was my first foray into anything online in terms of connecting with random gamers to swap stuff
  • Fable 3 - Legendary Weapons - It took me a while to find someone to work with to get them all, but I love Fable so I kept at it.
  • Fable 3 - The achievement for having nookie with an XBL friend, because I had to send an email to a couple of my friends with the question "so, which one of you is gonna bone me tonight?"....Lionhead gets crazy points for the humor in that one.
  • Lego Pirates - Pieces of 8 - Because I'm weird and I want my gamerscore in multiples of 5's, and my kids got an odd # achievement when playing this game and I had to keep playing it just to get this achievement and balance it out.
  • Mass Effect 3 - Throw a Party - the feels man.  The.  Feels.
  • Destiny - Flawless Raider - Another one that I never thought I'd get.  It felt great coordinating the effort, learning a few tricks and the dance party that followed

Anyone else have a favorite achievement (or two, or three...)??

A few favorite achievements:

• Mass Effect 1 Insanity
  • Mass Effect 2 Insanity
  • Mass Effect 3 Insanity
  • Clean Hands (Dishonored).  Mostly because it was a lot of work to make sure that one popped.
  • Mass Effect 2 No One Left Behind
  • GTA IV:  Get Good Wood (knock 69 bikers off their ride in bike races)

Couple of my favorites are Mass Effect 2 Insanity and Dead Space Epic Tier 3 Engineer. I think my rarest game completions (including all DLC) are Lips and BioShock 2, both of which were major time commitments. Also feel good about having full series completions for Mass Effect and Final Fantasy (not counting the XI port of course).

Man, you guys reminded me that I never finished off my Insanity achievement in Mass Effect 2 and still have a bunch of stuff I never did in Mass Effect 3.  Will have to get to that someday.  Would like to do Mass Effect 2 Japan version as well, but will probably never get around to it.

I checked out my Trophy Case at True Achievements (which btw is a really nice feature if you haven't been using it) and came up with a list of some of my favorite achievements and completions:

Mass Effect - I was big time into score whoring and just putting up as many points as possible without completing anything, but playing this 3 times through to get all the achievements was a ton of fun.

Gear of War 2 Japan - Horde Master - Waves 1-50 in horde on all 29 maps with no in game tracker.  Can't believe it actually unlocked when it should have.

Gear of War - Seriously - The original achievement everyone boosted for, and one that notoriously doesn't unlock when it should.  Took me 13,031 kills.  Hope they fixed this in the Ultimate Edition on XB1

Halo 3: ODST - Vidmaster Challenge: Endure - fun achievement and very satisfying to complete it

TC GRAW - World Champion (Multiplayer) - leaderboard achievements suck, and this was no exception

UEFA Champions League - Complete Collectors Album - before FUT existed this was EA card collecting

WH 40K: Dawn of War II - First 2000 point game and a difficult completion

WH 40K: Space Marine - Let the Heavens Bleed - After multiple sessions working on this our boosting group finally finished it

Battlefield Bad Company - I am Bad Company! - First game I boosted with my group and took a ton of coordination to get everything done

Destiny - Flawless Raider - After how much time I have spent on this game getting this done felt quite good

15 days on my current streak, and I finished the Lego Movie Videogame last night. First retail completion in a little while, since FF Type-0 I think. Feels nice. :)

GWG for Xbone next month are The Walking Dead Season 1 and Valiant Hearts. Should be an easy 2000 points for anyone who hasn't played them already.

Telltale games are also ideal for keeping streaks alive because you're never more than 10 or 15 minutes away from the next achievement pop. Between this and The Wolf Among Us which I just picked up at Best Buy for $8, I should be set for a long time. :)

About how long is Valiant Hearts?  Gotta admit, I'd be playing it strictly for the cheese mints.  Not sure I want to replay TWD, that game was emotional.  I must be a sissy.

Right now I'm working on the long slog to the 250 new achievement points in Destiny TTK.  I'll be damned if I worked so hard to get that flawless raider just to have my 100% pissed away!!  :twoguns:

It can be pretty fucking frustrating at times and is very cheap at killing you. You will die a lot. Its a quick 1000 though if you can stomach the cheapness of the enemies.

Halo 5 achievements are trickling out 😠

Agreed. The controls are just god awful. Very frustrating at times when the game demands perfect split-second running and jumping and the controls are just not up to the task. That said, checkpoints come very often and the whole game takes about 90 minutes to complete, with a guide. Without a guide, I could imagine it being pretty frustrating-- the game gives you very little guidance and encourages you to experiment to find out how to proceed, but it's simultaneously super unforgiving about doing everything perfect or else you die. Weird combination.

The good things about the game are the graphics and the general atmosphere and wordless storytelling, which are visionary. I'd say it's definitely worth the $4 just to experience a historically important game. The frustration is short lived and at the end of it you'll come out with 1000 gamerscore. :)

Started #IDARB to pick up the easy achievements (minus the Kinect ones...). Played a couple of games just fine, but now it crashes back to the home screen any time I try to begin a game, both local and online. Anyone know how to fix this? :(

Ugh, I couldn't stomach #iDARB.  That game was awful.  I got a couple of cheap, easy achievements but that was all I could force myself to bother with. 

Ugh, I couldn't stomach #iDARB. That game was awful. I got a couple of cheap, easy achievements but that was all I could force myself to bother with.
I hated that garbage too. I don't care if it was free, the time I spent on it to get 1000gs was painful.

For the past couple days, been knocking a mission or two out in Halo 4 on Legendary and just hit my 300k today with Lone Wolf Legend (and the completion of Halo 4). Feels like I've gained admittance to a new club and almost don't want to play anything else tonight just to let it all sink in.

For the past couple days, been knocking a mission or two out in Halo 4 on Legendary and just hit my 300k today with Lone Wolf Legend (and the completion of Halo 4). Feels like I've gained admittance to a new club and almost don't want to play anything else tonight just to let it all sink in.
Nice!

A nice clean #, too, ha ha! Congrats!

About to complete Saints Row IV Re-Elected for the double stack (just running out the clock on the Play for 40 hours achievement). Love this game so much.

Anybody here have Disney Infinity 3.0 for the Xbox One? I think the only way to get the arcade master achievement is through boosting. The community seems kind of quiet on this one.

Just had a glitched achievement fail to pop in Life is Strange. Very disappointed right now that I don't have the completion. Hopefully it gets patched or I can find a workaround. :(

Someone on TA found a method to pop the glitched achievement in Life is Strange, which is great, but now Minecraft Story Mode is broken and is trying to charge me for Episode 2, not recognizing that I have the season pass disc. Video games just don't like me very much lately.

Getting close to the completion on Lego Dimensions. It's actually a much easier list than the other Lego games (you don't have to 100% anything), maybe to compensate for the increased cost of the DLC.

New Xbone Experience has apparently broken achievements... I failed to pop something in Fallout 4, went online and sure enough tons of people are reporting achievements not unlocking.

Ya I had one pop in smite and then at the end of the round I was supposed to get another achievement for mastering 5 mages, but the achievement still shows 80 percent. Kind of worried after no pain, no gain not unlocking for 10 months. I think all of smite's achievements are tied to in-game rewards and since I unlocked the reward, I'm not sure if it will unlock now.

I have been a Xbox one owner since day one and achievements been my only serious problem with the Xbox one. The achievement server authentication is such a dumb idea.

New Xbone Experience has apparently broken achievements... I failed to pop something in Fallout 4, went online and sure enough tons of people are reporting achievements not unlocking.
Is there at least any evidence that Microsoft is remotely aware of the problem? One thing that I hate the most about playing on Xbox is the paranoia of thinking an achievement won't pop.

God forbid you meet the criteria and KNOW that the achievement should pop, but it doesn't. Terrible feeling as a gamer.

Is there at least any evidence that Microsoft is remotely aware of the problem? One thing that I hate the most about playing on Xbox is the paranoia of thinking an achievement won't pop.

God forbid you meet the criteria and KNOW that the achievement should pop, but it doesn't. Terrible feeling as a gamer.
On Friday the Xbox Live service status page acknowledged that achievements were down. After that was over, the achievements that people were missing changed to "Done! Unlocking..." status, and then a few hours after that they started popping.

Last night I was still having the issue where the achievement unlocked correctly, but the on-screen notification didn't appear. First time that's happened to me on Xbone and it's definitely disconcerting.

On Friday the Xbox Live service status page acknowledged that achievements were down. After that was over, the achievements that people were missing changed to "Done! Unlocking..." status, and then a few hours after that they started popping.

Last night I was still having the issue where the achievement unlocked correctly, but the on-screen notification didn't appear. First time that's happened to me on Xbone and it's definitely disconcerting.
How does Xbox Live determine if certain gamer truly met the criteria for unlocking an achievement? What I'm asking is, how do they know which achievements that gamers were "missing"? Can they somehow check each gamer's specific gaming feats to see if they match up or meet the requirements for unlocking an achievement?

Welcome to my world, I don't have the internet at my home so nothing unlocks till I get the Xbone back online at work. Right now I'm playing FO4 and have no idea what I've achieved so far.

Welcome to my world, I don't have the internet at my home so nothing unlocks till I get the Xbone back online at work. Right now I'm playing FO4 and have no idea what I've achieved so far.
That sounds tough... so because you don't have the internet at home, how do you get game and system updates? Especially for games that need to have potential patches, like Fallout 4 will eventually get...

How does Xbox Live determine if certain gamer truly met the criteria for unlocking an achievement? What I'm asking is, how do they know which achievements that gamers were "missing"? Can they somehow check each gamer's specific gaming feats to see if they match up or meet the requirements for unlocking an achievement?
The game has to communicate to XBL that the achievement should be unlocked... hence you get "Done! Unlocking..." when the game thinks you should have the achievement, it's communicated to XBL that you should have the achievement, but for whatever reason XBL has not replied back that yes, it's unlocked.

Whatever was going on on Friday must have been some glitch with the new OS, where it didn't even flip to "Done! Unlocking...", but obviously some kind of messages were being sent behind the scenes because everyone I've seen that was having problems has said that their missing achievements ended up popping some time over the weekend.

The game has to communicate to XBL that the achievement should be unlocked... hence you get "Done! Unlocking..." when the game thinks you should have the achievement, it's communicated to XBL that you should have the achievement, but for whatever reason XBL has not replied back that yes, it's unlocked.

Whatever was going on on Friday must have been some glitch with the new OS, where it didn't even flip to "Done! Unlocking...", but obviously some kind of messages were being sent behind the scenes because everyone I've seen that was having problems has said that their missing achievements ended up popping some time over the weekend.
Awesome. Great to know that they have a system in place that can recognize when people unlocked achievements and give them to gamers in due time. Gives me a little piece of mind

That's exactly me. I get all the notifications when I can go online, rapid trigger style lol. I got Touchdown in Fallout 4, was like WTF and had to look it up but haven't the foggiest idea when it happened. Having achievements in the cloud this go around is stupid.

Yep, using the cloud for acheievments is the dumbest thing so far. Mine only goes online when I take it to work with me once a month. Hate it since I can only update to current at that time, so if a new update comes out the next day I have to wait another month.

Yeah, I'm not nuts about the cloud implementation either. It seems like the only real benefit is that it's easier for Microsoft to stop hackers and cheaters, which is fine I guess, but from our perspective as players it offers no improvements and several annoyances.

Yeah I really like the added in-game animation and logos Zen Studios did for Pinball FX2. It makes obtaining offline achievements a little more bearable. Wish other games incorporated that.

I am STILL getting missing notifications here and there. Achievement is unlocked just fine, but no pop. Hate it.

So my December has been basically tanked gamerscore-wise by dozens of hours playing Fallout 4 for low gamerscore yield, and Final Fantasy XIV for none. :lol: I've decided that in 2016 I am going to not spend so much time only playing one or two games and focus more on culling the backlog. Set 'em up and knock 'em down, starting with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Anyone else planning any new year's resolutions?

bread's done
Back