Xbox Gamerscore general discussion

360 games from a different region that are both backwards compatible and have a different set of achievements can be played on an XB1.  I'm currently playing through the Japanese version of Gears 2.  Clearing Horde on all the maps in the game will take a while.  The Japanese version of Borderlands is also confirmed to work, and BioShock 1 & 2 are coming to BC and have multiple stacking regions as well.  I didn't cross check the entire list maintained on Xbox Achievements to see what else works.

My December (and to some degree November) have been pretty shallow on the gamerscore as well. Between Fallout 4, GH Live, and YuGiOh Legacy of the Duelists, achievements haven't popped too terribly often lately.

As for upcoming goals, don't have any set in stone, but I had a thought the other day that it would be neat if I hit 416,000 gamerscore on April 16th of 2017. It's a bit of a reach, since it requires 6850 gamerscore a month for the next 16 months. And to be on pace, I'd have to hit around 82k in the next year which would be my best year by far.

Holy crap, some of these achievement numbers are HUGE. I just passed 30K and I've been on XBL since 2003!

First completion of the new year... Whispering Willows on Xbox One. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. Nice spooky atmosphere, puzzles were straightforward, and the game was the perfect length to not overstay its welcome. Only thing I didn't like was the webcomic-style art in the cutscenes which came off as amateurish. The actual art for the in-game sprites and stuff was fine.

Thought about getting this one.  How long did it take for a playthrough and 100%?  I'm a sucker for that spooky atmosphere stuff.

Starting my second speedrun playthrough of Syberia for the last achievement... I should have just put it on Difficult to start with, since I'm fairly sure my first playthrough was shorter than 6 hours, even with listening to all the dialogue and not skipping cutscenes. But I wanted to leave my options open and not feel pressure to rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
1060094.jpg
Clever Fighter Unlocked

I've been playing Pinball FX 2 for years and on & off for this  fuck achievement. Even with having a 900M highscore on the Spider-Man table, this achievement illuded me for soooo much time! Aaaggghhh, I finally got it!  :D/

884f2000-e858-0132-c03d-0a13eebe068d.gif

TA says that only 3% of TA users have unlocked this achievement. Bow down bitches! Hahaha

1060094.jpg
Clever Fighter Unlocked

I've been playing Pinball FX 2 for years and on & off for this fuck achievement. Even with having a 900M highscore on the Spider-Man table, this achievement illuded me for soooo much time! Aaaggghhh, I finally got it! :D/

884f2000-e858-0132-c03d-0a13eebe068d.gif

TA says that only 3% of TA users have unlocked this achievement. Bow down bitches! Hahaha
Nice! Now we need a Back to the Future pinball table. :)

One cool thing with trophies that I wish Microsoft would copy is the ability to see the actual percentage of players who've popped it. The closest thing we have to that is TA, but those percentages are way inflated since TA members are much more likely to have an achievement than the general population. 3% is pretty dang low already, but the actual percentage has got to be vanishingly small.

Also, the rarest achievements I have are Sybarite in Gears Judgment and Defending Champion in Lips, both of which are 4% ratios. So a 3% is pretty sweet, I'm jealous. :lol: Both of those are discontinued though, so the ratios could theoretically go down further over time.

I have a couple 1% achievements on TA, Gold and Silver medals in MS Solitaire Collection for Windows 8.  Had hoped to have them in Windows 10 as well, but it appears after the initial sync of my player data, I need to unlock the medals in each respective version.  Another one is a 2% completion (Become a Superstar).  Pretty easy achievements to get, just need patience.

Have a couple 2% ones from Ghostbusters (Gozer's Most Wanted and No Job Too Big), but appear to be glitched out of the 1% Payday (last achievement I need for the game).  Pretty sure I've completed the requirements for it, but it never popped, and I'm not alone in that regard.  The surprising thing is I was pretty sure I was locked out of one of the other bugged achievements in the game, but it eventually popped.  Should dig out the disc sometime and give the game a go just to see if it Payday finally unlocks.

I have a couple 1% achievements on TA, Gold and Silver medals in MS Solitaire Collection for Windows 8. Had hoped to have them in Windows 10 as well, but it appears after the initial sync of my player data, I need to unlock the medals in each respective version. Another one is a 2% completion (Become a Superstar). Pretty easy achievements to get, just need patience.
Yeah, that's super annoying since I don't have WIndows 8 anymore.

Congrats Ryu. Onwards to 200 games! :cool:

Checked some of my ratios as well. Not surprising, the 1% achievements I have come from Fight Night Round 4 (boosted all three belts) and Binary Domain which involved completing all the invasion stages along with every challenge (and the default achievement for gathering every other achievement in the game).

My surprising ones are the 2%. Some more Binary Domain sits here as well. Sure, some of the Project Spark achievements are grindy, but rating 100 worlds is pretty easy. Same with Killer Instinct where I finished Story mode with Aganos and Aria respectively (although that ratio can probably be blamed on being DLC). Some of the ratios in Rare Replay I still find ridiculous as well. Completing every track in Slalom may not be the easiest, but quite doable if you abuse the rewind feature.

^ I'm rarely ever getting 100% games completed but I'm still chasing the carrot on front of the stick. I like achievements and gamerscore, they keep the game going. I've even gotten into collecting achievements and leveling up my Google account on mobile lol.

Very nice. Was just shy of 5k this month with 4,968. Not bad, considering I was working a lot of overnights this month and had days where I felt like I did nothing but sleep (especially during the first half of the month).

I happened to have several easy completions this month between the free Pneuma, Whispering Willows which went on sale, and finally getting around to Beyond Eyes and the two Syberia games which had been in the backlog for a bit. So I'm going to have to work a little harder next month to keep up this pace. :)

Last night I landed on 80,000 even.  I wanted to wrap up episode 4 of Minecraft Story Mode, but I thought "nah, I'll enjoy this nice even number for a day" and called it a night.  I haven't been super into achievement hunting lately (g'dammit Destiny!  Look what you did to 2015!) but I may make a push for 100K soon. 

It's the reason I haven't attempted to finish Trouble Witches Neo. Since Guitar Hero Live unknowingly snuck one in on me, may have to give it a shot now.

You know what?  To hell with Disney Infinity 3.0.  I'm a pretty big DI fan along with my kids and I've been playing that stupid game since it launched.  You still can't get into a 4 player match in the arcade, even after the patch in November.  Either the online presence in that game is seriously dead or shits still broken.  What really pisses me off, though is that last night I got the 50 feats done and the achievement didn't pop.  I'll do a hard reset today, but I still don't expect it to pop. 

Looks like I'll finish out February with about 2,700 GS. Not the strongest month ever, but on the bright side my streak is still alive, and I'm close to the 1000/1000 in Fallout 4.

GT- Mjkjets 

Need friends for SSX badges. This game might be added to BC soon since it was GWG. Just mention SSX in the friend request.

Getting close to 150k... I'm wondering if I should bother trying to get to exactly 150,000 and take a picture or something to commemorate it. :)

Getting close to 150k... I'm wondering if I should bother trying to get to exactly 150,000 and take a picture or something to commemorate it. :)
I've been taking pictures along the way, of milestones as well as interesting gamerscores (like 133,333). Since your GS ends in multiples of 5, you could definitely plan it out to hit 150k exactly. Mine has always been a bit off (ends in 3 or 8) so I never bothered.

Yeah omg I'm in a love hate relationship with Mad Max right now as it's giving me 3 gamerscore achievements!!!! aggghh
I'm semi-ashamed to admit that that's the reason I keep putting off starting Mad Max...
Guess I'm never buying Mad Max. I hate those weird little achievements that don't end in 5 or 0. I have a couple in my profile from You Don't Know Jack, but I made sure I got the more difficult of the two achievements first so that I knew I'd have no trouble balancing it out.

Just as a PSA, there are several Xbox One indie titles on sale this week, many of which are quick and easy completions:

Never Alone

Beyond Eyes

Three Fourths Home

Gone Home

Submerged

N.E.R.O.

Pneuma

Thomas was Alone

Oxenfree (looks like an easy but time-consuming completion relative to the others)

Lifeless Planet (ditto)

Pneuma
Thomas was Alone
These two were super quick. Pneuma was a free GwG so some of you may already have this. Thomas was kind of fun. I would suggest not listening to developer commentary as you play. It is an interesting concept, but when you disagree or question what he says, it makes that level much less fun...

If you bought Three Fourths Home, and haven't played it already, you might want to leave it alone for now... Apparently the developer released a patch within the past couple of days that broke all achievements.

Makes me glad I played it a month back. Tried looking into it a little bit and apparently people have been having issues for months (so it wasn't widespread from what I can tell). After months of a patch being promised, one just released, but instead of fixing the achievements, look like they broke them all.

When reading the thread on TA, they initially had issues reproducing the errors, but with this patch, hopefully it's a matter of flipping another switch to fix everything that's now broken.

---

On an unrelated note, anyone here participating in TA's Leap Frog event? Still alive so far although the contest is still pretty easy only requiring a 2.8 ratio going through today. Figure I'll last until next weekend at the very least, but next Saturday could be a bit of a road block since I'll be in Philly all day. But between DLC, title updates, and GWG, there's a lot of low hanging fruit with undeservedly high ratios floating around out there.

I was doing Leap Frog, but I croaked out pretty early on, mostly because I wasn't paying attention to when their 24-hour periods began and ended.

Also, anyone sitting on Disney Infinity online achievements (the ones that require you to  upload or download a community-made level), get them done now. The developer is being shut down and who knows how long the servers will last.

I had signed up for the Leap Frog, but since it started on a weekday and no e-mail notifications were sent, I had completely forgotten about it and croaked out the first day.

bread's done
Back