Xbox Gamerscore general discussion

If anyone's playing Dark Souls 2 SotFS and wants help, transfer items, etc... or just some good 'ol PVP, feel free to add me. thursti81

Last edited by a moderator:
There is just one achievement at this point that I'm sorta-actively pursuing a group to boost with and that's the flawless raider in Destiny (X1).  I'd love to get that one.  With it, I could 100% the game. 

If anyone is up for attempting it seriously, let me know. 

Argh. I just popped an achievement in Child of Light, except not really because it's stuck on that "Done! Unlocking..." message. Nothing to do but wait, so annoying.

Well... Halo on LASO is definitely no joke.  Took my buddy and I about 3.5 hours to beat The Maw.  1 LASO campaign down, 3 more to go.  My buddy and I are dreading Halo 2... It is going to suck so hard.  At least in Halo CE you have the badass shotgun.  In Halo 2 not so much...

He and I are looking forward to playing the Saga Playlist for that achievement.  We are planning a marathon gaming binge on a Sunday.  Start at like 9AM and try to finish all 4 over the course of that day.  :D

Registration is closing today for the TA Leap Frog contest (must earn 1 achievement on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc. to stay in the contest). I fully expect to get knocked out within a few days but it'll still be fun.

Signed up for the leap frog as well. I can see myself getting screwed over from a clopening at work, but I'd like to think I could maybe last until the end of the month. There is going to be done crazy people though that flirt with making it through May.

Well... Halo on LASO is definitely no joke. Took my buddy and I about 3.5 hours to beat The Maw. 1 LASO campaign down, 3 more to go. My buddy and I are dreading Halo 2... It is going to suck so hard. At least in Halo CE you have the badass shotgun. In Halo 2 not so much...

He and I are looking forward to playing the Saga Playlist for that achievement. We are planning a marathon gaming binge on a Sunday. Start at like 9AM and try to finish all 4 over the course of that day. :D
I would highly advise you to use the checkpoint method. Just not worth the pain and suffering.

I would highly advise you to use the checkpoint method. Just not worth the pain and suffering.
Oh I had someone pass me all the CPs. Man Halo 2 got a bit rough on 2 parts. Took about 2 hours, though I almost fucked me and my co-op buddy. Thankfully we got Tarturus to stand still while Johnson sniped him and we just killed him from up top. :)

All the LASO shit is done now. Only thing that is going to take some patience and video watching is the achievements for beating each campaign on Legendary in under 3 hours each. Halo 3-4 will be easier since you can do it with 4 players. :D Halo 1 & 2 are going to be a bitch in some parts though.

Oh I had someone pass me all the CPs. Man Halo 2 got a bit rough on 2 parts. Took about 2 hours, though I almost fucked me and my co-op buddy. Thankfully we got Tarturus to stand still while Johnson sniped him and we just killed him from up top. :)

All the LASO shit is done now. Only thing that is going to take some patience and video watching is the achievements for beating each campaign on Legendary in under 3 hours each. Halo 3-4 will be easier since you can do it with 4 players. :D Halo 1 & 2 are going to be a bitch in some parts though.
Nice, during the final cut scene of Halo 2 my game froze lol. So I had to play it again.

Nice, during the final cut scene of Halo 2 my game froze lol. So I had to play it again.
Oh man that sucks. Yeah we had a problem with the Brute bridge mostly. We finally were able to get some nades off and killed a few so one of us could sneak by. The other part was where all the jackals were at. That part was ridiculous with the skull on with quick detection by the enemies. I've never gotten sniped in the face instantaneously so much.

I was shocked at how easy it was to hit brutes with the brute shot. They like turn around after you hit them once. I found that really odd.

I'm playing through the Witcher 2 again to get ready for Witcher 3 next month and have been trying for quite some time to get the Poker achievement.  Just now got it after what must have been hundreds of rolls!  It's not super-rare or anything, but I'm proud to finally get it :D

I tells ya, that Forza 2 Fast and Furious game is fantastic for achievement hunters.  I'm just getting around to it now, though I downloaded it when it was free.  It's super easy and fun to boot.  And I don't really like racing games that aren't Mario Kart. 

I'm in the midst of getting My Horse and Me 2 for Xbox 360. Trying to get it for $150 but may have to stick with $200. I'll be completing this game for myself and two other friends but it'll be sold after its all said and done! From what it seems like, that is definitely one of the top rarest games I've ever seen

Registration is closing today for the TA Leap Frog contest (must earn 1 achievement on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc. to stay in the contest). I fully expect to get knocked out within a few days but it'll still be fun.
If you are still in Leap Frog, I would recommend Another World (only for the quick 1K and easy ass achievements though). The game is a gigantic turd but takes an hour ish to get the 1K. Was seeing how many of my friends had completed it and noticed your name wasn't on there.

As for me, still chugging along in Mortal Kombat. Need to get on more and do living towers, but the problem is they don't seem to want to work all the time :bomb: I guess I could work on a few misc ones that need to be finished off. I wasn't in the mood last night for MK, so I re-booted up Shadow of Mordor. Man I curse Destiny for making me put Mordor back on the shelf. I had planned to only play for a couple of hours and that quickly turned into like 4... I think I will be keeping up with Mordor and will complete it since I grabbed the season pass when it was on sale 2 weeks ago.

I do need to start Witcher 2 here soon since we are about a month out from Witcher 3 and I'm hyped.

If you are still in Leap Frog, I would recommend Another World (only for the quick 1K and easy ass achievements though). The game is a gigantic turd but takes an hour ish to get the 1K. Was seeing how many of my friends had completed it and noticed your name wasn't on there.
I'm still in it! Child of Light, Lego Movie, and Goat Simulator have been my go-to sources of low hanging fruit so far, and I've got Dead or Alive 5 on deck.

An hour, seriously? How much does it cost?

I'm still in it! Child of Light, Lego Movie, and Goat Simulator have been my go-to sources of low hanging fruit so far, and I've got Dead or Alive 5 on deck.

An hour, seriously? How much does it cost?
I think it was like $8. I bought that and Goat Simulator last night as safeties in case I'm in desperate need. I should have saved Another World for that thinking about it, since I popped like 7 achievements in Mordor last night :lol:

Also here is a good article, written by one of my friends on their podcast website. Yes I'm shilling on their behalf. ;)

http://www.drmgamecast.com/2015/03/six-quick-and-easy-gamerscore-games-on.html

I had no idea Contrast was that quick. I guess next time Monopoly is cheap, I'll buy it as well. :)

Halo is going to be a game to save a lot of people in Leap Frog since it has so many quick achievements. I wish I had saved some of those but oh well.

I had no idea Contrast was that quick. I guess next time Monopoly is cheap, I'll buy it as well. :)
Yeah, Contrast is one I've had my eye on; seems like a decent game with a cool style. From what I've read the completion is a quick, but detailed one. The kind of game where you're playing with one eye on the video guide and constantly stopping to make sure you haven't missed a collectible. I held out because the Xbox 360 version was supposed to be super buggy, I wonder if it's any better on Bone. Also it just feels like a GWG candidate.

I'm still in the Leap Frog, just been doing the minimum number of achievements per day.  Now that the work week has started, don't know how long I'll be able to last.  DVR is nearly full, so I need to watch shows in the evening.  Maybe I should just plunk down the money to get an expansion HDD from Amazon for it.

Forza F&F on 360 has carried me the last couple days, and I still have 13 achievements to get there.  If the races don't give me too many problems, that should cover me for most of tomorrow and Wednesday.  Have plenty of things in the backlog I can fire up for early game achievements.

I don't see myself lasting much longer than the next couple of days. 8-9-10 achievements starts to become a lot to pop in one night. And I don't get a second chance; the periods roll over at 7:00 pm Central, and I'm at work all day and then when I get home I'm spending time with my wife and kids until well after 7:00 pm. So whatever I'm going to pop for that period, I'd better have got it done the previous night.

I got elimiated yesterday, much for the same reasons. Time commitments kept me from being able to game. Oh well; I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did.

If that happened, I could make a new account and would probably win due to so many easy games to complete. But that's also called cheating which isn't cool. I FINALLY got my hands on a copy of My Horse and Me! Apparently in almost new condition with manual and everything still there.

If that happened, I could make a new account and would probably win due to so many easy games to complete. But that's also called cheating which isn't cool.
You needed to be a TA member for 3 months and have at least 10k gamerscore to sign up. Wouldn't have worked for this year, but maybe next year if they plan to make it an annual thing.

Was able to squeeze in 7 Forza F&F achievements early this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9n7GirhsI

Tried the "Flappy Bird" achievement in Goat Simulator... yeah, I don't think I'll be thousanding this game after all. Super annoying.

I agree. I didn't recall Flappy Bird being anywhere near as bad as Flappy Goat. I'll go for the completion still, but that one's going to slow down a lot of people, myself included.

As for TA Leap Frog, 7 down. I already have tomorrow's game lined up, Seems a few achievements are on the back end, which should work nicely for Thursday as well.

As for TA Leap Frog, 7 down. I already have tomorrow's game lined up, Seems a few achievements are on the back end, which should work nicely for Thursday as well.
I'm still safe as of period 9. I think I'll be able to get 10 tonight, but that will probably be it for me; tomorrow night I'm going to a Sleater-Kinney show :D/ so I don't imagine I'll have much time for Xbox.

I'm still safe as of period 9. I think I'll be able to get 10 tonight, but that will probably be it for me; tomorrow night I'm going to a Sleater-Kinney show :D/ so I don't imagine I'll have much time for Xbox.
If not for not having started Madden 15, Saturday could have been my knock out day since I'll be in Philly for most of the day. As is, I received my newest work schedule yesterday, and as I expected would be the case, I have a clopen two Tuesdays from now. If I'm still alive by that point, it'll be a matter of no sleep or elimination most likely unless I come up with some sort of plan.

50 minutes in Deadlight late last night got me the 9 achievements for today.  Hoping a similar amount of time tonight will net 10 for tomorrow.

If not for not having started Madden 15, Saturday could have been my knock out day since I'll be in Philly for most of the day. As is, I received my newest work schedule yesterday, and as I expected would be the case, I have a clopen two Tuesdays from now. If I'm still alive by that point, it'll be a matter of no sleep or elimination most likely unless I come up with some sort of plan.
Work really screwed me over today. I could ditch out on eating at lunch today and pop the necessary achievements but I value food over gaming any day of the week. So I'm out today. I can attribute that to work last night. Had to stay 2 hours later than normal and of course today has to be the day I am at work early.

Truthfully though, I'm not upset at all. Playing shit like Goat Simulator is what the competition was going to get me to do. I made a vow a long time ago to not play shitty games like that while paying full price just for easy Gamerscore. Guess it will be back to Mordor for me now. I do need to keep my streak alive though since that I do care about. :D

As for a plan, Halo:MCC is a very giving game!

EDIT: Hmmmm I do have the option of leaving work an hour early since I stayed late last night.... I may still have a chance due to Halo... Decisions Decisions...

Got knocked out of Leap Frog today in period 11. I could have managed another day but I would have had to scrape, and I had some other stuff going on, so eh.

Survived period 11, thanks to getting everything I needed done Friday night. Hardest night I'll have for a while as far as time restraints go. Did a little Garden Warfare and Project Spark to keep myself alive.

Currently finishing the AC IV Multiplayer Achievements, having lots of fun most of the time. Wolf Pack Mode might be quicker for leveling up but actual MP is more fun and you get more abstergo credits. Currently Level 28 still will take some time until Level 55 also being first as The Jaguar might be a little tedious. Getting first place happens from time to time. but actually selecting the character isn't always given.

Completed period 13 for the Leap Frog, and I doubt I'll have time to get 14 for tomorrow.  Completed Deadlight this morning for my 40th completed game, 45k gamerscore and cleared 70k TA score over the weekend.

I cannot get this Flappy Goat cheevo in Goat Sim. It's driving me nuts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have fun with that achievement! It took me forever to get it on my account! I told my friend that I would complete the game for him as well. Needless to say, I got Flappy Goat as my first achievement and it only took me 10 minutes. I raged so much when playing my account

I cannot get this Flappy Goat cheevo in Goat Sim. It's driving me nuts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That achievement has been frustrating. I'm able to consistently hit 7 or 8 now, but still can't quite get that final inch. found a solution that has been helpful for me. Hoping to get it later this week as I probably won't have the energy to attempt it the next few days.

That achievement has been frustrating. I'm able to consistently hit 7 or 8 now, but still can't quite get that final inch. found a solution that has been helpful for me. Hoping to get it later this week as I probably won't have the energy to attempt it the next few days.
Thanks for that link, I'll have to go at it again later today.

(Btw, you are always ranked #1 on my friends list for recent achievements earned. :bow: )

Bowing out of the Leap Frog today.  Was able to knock out some achievements in DeathSmiles IIX for yesterday to complete 2 full weeks.

Wow, they added 600 points to Xbox 360 Minecraft... There goes that completion. :lol:

Pretty close to finishing Final Fantasy Type-0 and The Lego Movie Videogame though.

Wow, they added 600 points to Xbox 360 Minecraft... There goes that completion. :lol:

Pretty close to finishing Final Fantasy Type-0 and The Lego Movie Videogame though.
Yeah I already said that before in the deals thread, that the completionist in me is grumpy, but on the other site I'm happy to play Minecraft again lol =D

1000/1000 in Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. My save file was at 23 hours but I'm not sure whether that counts missions that I replayed from the main menu. Overall not a very hard game, but it did have a few frustrating difficulty spikes, and the final dungeon was annoying as hell.

Goat Simulator was my 100th game completion until Minecraft had its update for achievements. Now it seems like Minecraft will make #100. Totally backwards from what I wanted! Some of those achievements are a pain in the rear but I still need to complete it for the Xbox One as well. Might as well do both sets of achievements so I don't keep dragging it longer than I should

Well, I'm dropping out of Leap Frog tonight. Had my wisdom teeth pulled out Tuesday and have had zero energy since then. Lasted to the end of the month, which was my original goal at least.

Near to finish Minecraft for the 360 again..only need two more achievements..anyone has a world I can join where the Ender Dragon is already beaten? =P (fount an end portal in the tutorial, but I'm too lazy to get all the ender eyes therefore I need enderpearls and blaze powder and for blaze powder I need blaze rods..and to get blaze rods I need to have luck with wolves lol)

To anyone that has Pool Nation for the X1, there's a new patch that fixes the 12 unobtainable achievements (unlocked two of them just now). Patch is 4.9 GB.

Full patch notes are on their facebook page:

Frame rate improvements.
Initial loading time halved.
Can now switch between game types/tables in the same venue without loading.
Camera fixes and improvements.
Achievement fixes.
Online stability fixes.
Install size reduced by ~4Gb.
Trickshot editor now awards points.
Trickshot editor highlights objects more obviously.
Effects added to trickshot editor.
Fixes to career AI and overhead camera

Hit this yesterday. I wanted to use Unstoppable from Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition, but there were too many variables to get it to pop exactly right.

[attachment=14296:wp_ss_20150509_0001.png]

Nice Viper. Even "Rise To The Top" could be a fitting achievement considering, even if not the one you were going for.

Reminds me that I should start thinking about what my 300k achievement is going to be considering I hit 275k about a week back. 100k was Halo Reach's "A Monument To All Your Sins" (plus the completion) while 200k was the completion of Binary Domain.

As for my current easy 1k game, been playing Wanted: Weapons of Fate. Never saw the movie it's based after, but for a movie tie-in game, it's not too bad considering the multiple playthroughs that are required.

bread's done
Back