Xbox Gamerscore general discussion

Penuma takes about 5-6 hours to complete. Just be sure to look at a achievement guide beforehand because there is one hugely missable achievement that will require another playthrough if you miss it.

I also actually enjoyed Penuma as a game itself as well.

Just completed Clockword Tales: Of Glass and Ink

It's about a 4 hour game and an easy 1k gamerscore. It's a fun little hidden object/puzzle/adventure type of game. I wish the puzzles were harder and the game was longer because I was enjoying my time with the game.

Two tips. One start the game on expert and two, every screen in the game has a bug somewhere on it. Be sure to get every one because they are missable cheevos.

I tried the trial for Clockwork Tales and decided it wasn't worth $7. :/ Maybe next time. You can get 180 GS just from the trial btw.

Anyone else been working on Project Spark before the servers close? I'm getting pretty close. Sitting at level 48 with only three achievements to go. Won't be able to complete the game until early July since I still need to do four more weekly challenges, but level 50 will easily be hit by then, even if just doing the dailies casually. Only other achievement is to pee on the fuses in one attempt in the Conker DLC which is a bit frustrating.

Now to decide if I want to grind out level 50 over the weekend so I can use it for Leap Frog / GTASC.

Checking in... I've been travelling for business a lot over the past couple of months so my achievement hunting has been sporadic. Now that I'm back in town with no trips planned for the immediate future, I'm back to focusing on my streak again. 12 days and counting!

Some recent and in-progress completions:

Song of the Deep - All right game. I didn't adore it but it was fun. ~10 hours for a pretty easy completion with only a couple of frustrating parts.

The Park - A little over an hour for the completion. Some scares, which I am a total wuss about.

N.E.R.O. - This one is on hold because there is an achievement that you can only pop on Thursday (apparently it's based on GMT so I should be able to pop it on Wednesday night in my time zone). Not super impressed. Very maudlin, cheesy writing, and some misspellings which I am kind of a stickler about. If your game is only a couple hours long and reading text is a big part of it, there shouldn't be any mistakes.

Fallout 4 - The final DLC Nuka World is out today, and once I finish up with that I just have two more achievements from a previous DLC to mop up. 112 hours invested so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
:xb1: Ben-Hur - 90 minutes for the thousand. I had to restart a bunch of times for the Emperor's Glory achievement. You have to kill all 15 enemies yourself, if one AI kills another or suicides, you have to restart the race you're on. Even after all that, I still had to grind for a couple more whip kills because I apparently didn't have five yet. It's impossible to tell whether the game counts a kill as a whip kill or bump kill so it's just kinda random.

:xb1: Ben-Hur - 90 minutes for the thousand. I had to restart a bunch of times for the Emperor's Glory achievement. You have to kill all 15 enemies yourself, if one AI kills another or suicides, you have to restart the race you're on. Even after all that, I still had to grind for a couple more whip kills because I apparently didn't have five yet. It's impossible to tell whether the game counts a kill as a whip kill or bump kill so it's just kinda random.
Emperor's Glory is such a dumb achievement, but hey, it was a free 1000 GS for roughly 50 minutes for me.

NBA 2K17: The Prelude is another easy and free 1000 points. Just make sure you do it all in one sitting. Apparently it has issues with quitting the demo and then trying to come back to it later.

In walking simulator news:

Dear Esther is out, regular price of $9.99 reduced to $7.99 for the next week or so (?). Easy 1000.

Firewatch is also out, regular price of $19.99. Easy 1000.

Virginia came out today, regular price of $9.99. Probably an easy 1000, but the achievements are pretty obtuse and not all of them have been fully figured out yet. Also be aware that the point values are all "odd." Proceed with caution until a full guide is out, probably in the next few days.

Registration is closing soon for TA's Ultimate Head to Head contest.

Every round you get matched up with another contestant and get a list of 20 achievements that you both have locked in games you both own. :)

In walking simulator news:

Dear Esther is out, regular price of $9.99 reduced to $7.99 for the next week or so (?). Easy 1000.

Firewatch is also out, regular price of $19.99. Easy 1000.

Virginia came out today, regular price of $9.99. Probably an easy 1000, but the achievements are pretty obtuse and not all of them have been fully figured out yet. Also be aware that the point values are all "odd." Proceed with caution until a full guide is out, probably in the next few days.
While I do enjoy easy achievement games sometimes, can't say yes to these walking simulators. I need something more substantial to my game then just walk and enjoy the ambiance.

Going to start tackling Forza Horizon 3 tomorrow. Besides the sell 5 cars on the auction, everything else seems pretty straightforward. Just a lot of man hours to get it all but nothing seems too challenging.

While I do enjoy easy achievement games sometimes, can't say yes to these walking simulators. I need something more substantial to my game then just walk and enjoy the ambiance.
I like walking simulators. It's not uncommon for me to be a lot more interested in the story than the gameplay of something I'm playing-- I spent a lot of The Last of Us just slamming through the combat parts as quickly as possible, desperate to get to the next cutscene. So I totally don't mind a game that just eschews those parts entirely. I'm not much of a PC player so console ports like Gone Home and Dear Esther are new to me and some of the coolest, most unique experiences I've had this gen. The fact that they typically have quick and easy achievements is just icing on the cake.

New "rare achievement" pop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9NYaw2KQt4
Saw it on Twitter this morning. Looks pretty nifty, although with the Steel colored scheme I'm using now, I wonder how well the gem will show on the background.

Don't think anyone else is still in at this point, but woke up yesterday morning thinking that I'm going to attempt a run to make the final month of GTASC (we'll see about making semifinals when that time comes). It's still fairly easy even with two months left in the contest (although cutoff is maybe just above 2k these last few weeks). I know I have no shot at winning the whole thing since I don't bother preloading, but if I make the final month, I'll consider that an accomplishment in itself. Should be safe this week as well with what I scored yesterday and still have the bench in the bag if if I need it (and 5 or so bonuses).

The Ultimate Head to Head contest is pretty cool. I'm not too concerned with how well I'll actually do, but if nothing else it's prompting me to take another look at games that I started but in some cases haven't touched in years. I even have an achievement in Lost Odyssey on my list this week, just in time for BC.

I didn't join the UHH, but I am in a similar contest called "The Random To Do List". Every month, you get 25 random achievements and the scoring is done with TA ratios. So if an achievement has a ratio of 9.35, you get 935 points for that achievement. When the month ends, scores are locked in, and you get a new list for the new month.

I do love these style of contests, as at least in my case, I become very indecisive when it comes to starting up a new game. Gives me some sort of direction. Last month went back to Black Knight Sword of all things and the list this month is going to finally have me get around to playing Shadow of Mordor and Resident Evil Revelations.

Shadow of Mordor is a fun game. Pretty simple achievements too. If you have the GOTY edition, some of the ratios are out of whack; I guess it's due to people buying it and only playing the DLC or something.

Didn't realize you started a Gamerscore thread here Ryu.  Pretty cool although it doesn't seem to be the most active. 

Since this is CAG + Cheevos, what do you guys find to be the most (+easiest) Gamerscore for your buck?  For me, Cubot comes to mind. It's really quick (~ 1 hr I think) and costs $2, plus it's 1/10 easy.

Since this is CAG + Cheevos, what do you guys find to be the most (+easiest) Gamerscore for your buck? For me, Cubot comes to mind. It's really quick (~ 1 hr I think) and costs $2, plus it's 1/10 easy.
Cubot definitely. Roblox, Ben-Hur, and NBA2K17 The Prelude are free, easy thousands.

Plenty of easy completions in the $10-and-under range: Dear Esther, Virginia, N.E.R.O., Three Fourths Home, Forza Horizon 2 Fast & Furious, Whispering Willows, Another World... that's just glancing through my completed Xbone games.

Some other easy completions in the under $10 range.

6180 The Moon

Bridge Contructor

Cel Damage HD

Giana Sisters: Dream Runners

Level 22

Slice Zombies For Kinect

Tachyon Project

Super Toy Cars

Never knew this section existed.  Energy Cycle is sub $10 and it's sub 30 min completion.  It's what Avatar was for the Xbox 360 for the Xbox One

I did 50K+ GS this year, pretty much only gaming 1 hr a day on weekdays.  Had to play a lot of garbage games to reach that mark.  Next year I will take it a bit slower but I should break the 300K mark

My team is looking for a 5th person in GTASC if anyone is interested please let me know. It's gonna be a semi casual run. We know we will most likely not be in it at the end but will be trying to get as far as we can. It worked pretty well last year and we had fun doing it.

I did 50K+ GS this year, pretty much only gaming 1 hr a day on weekdays. Had to play a lot of garbage games to reach that mark. Next year I will take it a bit slower but I should break the 300K mark
Same here. 63k+ this year, but definitely slowing next year. Getting to 200k was one of my New Years resolutions this year. That's really the only reason I racked up so much score. I might aim for 25k in 2017. Making this final push (2k away from 200k) has been long and draggy so I'm ready to just enjoy my games again.

Loinsteak, how does that competition work? Is it just balls to the wall score as much as u can or only certain games count?

My team is looking for a 5th person in GTASC if anyone is interested please let me know. It's gonna be a semi casual run. We know we will most likely not be in it at the end but will be trying to get as far as we can. It worked pretty well last year and we had fun doing it.
I could use a casual team for the next GTASC

I've been stocking up on short completions... As soon as 2017 starts I'm going to try and make a quick push to 200,000!
I have a few short / easy completions sitting around as well. Don't see myself burning them at the beginning of the year, but I have a goal of 416,000 by April 16th next year, so if I'm close to that, may burn them. Currently need to score 309 points a day to hit the goal though so not exactly easy going. Slowed down a lot this month thanks to "The Random To Do List" Challenge and waking up at 2am for two weeks which normally has me wanting to sleep all day when I get home.

Although speaking of, should start thinking what I want to do for 400k as I'm less than 20k away at this point. Used the completions of Halo Reach, Binary Domain, and Halo 4 for 100k, 200k, and 300k respectively. May do another halo title for 400k but haven't decided yet.

It is weekly based on TA score and a certain amount of the lowest teams are dropped each week.
To add to this, any game does count. However, only online achievements count towards your score for the contest.

LOL, I know it's not xbox related but I figured you guys would like this. Finally reached Level 24 through Google Play achievements, picked up a few star wars pinball tables from Zen Pinball the other day.

SO kinda back on topic, do you guys feel like Xbox Achievements should have tiers, like Google's levels, lots of fun to finally hit a new level? I kinda like how it was on their Rewards page, putting me down as Master due to how much Gamerscore you acquire.

SO kinda back on topic, do you guys feel like Xbox Achievements should have tiers, like Google's levels, lots of fun to finally hit a new level? I kinda like how it was on their Rewards page, putting me down as Master due to how much Gamerscore you acquire.
The Rewards tiers are fun, but honestly one of the things I like about gamerscore is that it's just a number. You see someone's score, you know where they stand. With trophies it's like, you've got the different colors, and then the trophy levels on top of that... It's like, I'm trophy level 7... okay, wth does that actually mean? It doesn't readily indicate how many games someone has played... it could mean anything.

Keep it simple. :)

Hi guys, didn't know this thread existed here. Nice to know there is achievement hunters on here. I'm sitting close to 170k gamer score. Did t have a great year this year. Need to pick it up for next year

The Rewards tiers are fun, but honestly one of the things I like about gamerscore is that it's just a number. You see someone's score, you know where they stand. With trophies it's like, you've got the different colors, and then the trophy levels on top of that... It's like, I'm trophy level 7... okay, wth does that actually mean? It doesn't readily indicate how many games someone has played... it could mean anything.

Keep it simple. :)
Agreed completely. I have to do too much thinking with PSN's trophy system. =P~

I didn't set a gamerscore goal this year because I don't know my work schedule yet. I'm separating from the Air Force this week and possibly transitioning to civilian life. I hit 200k the day before New Years.

I'd like to reach 250k by the end of the year but 50k in a year is tough. I did 65-70k this year but I had a ton of time off from work to play a lot of games.

I guess for the record, I will say my goal is 250k by the end of the year. Might as well make it official.

Anyone have any GamerScore goals for this year?

Mine is to break the 300K mark
I'm gonna shoot for 100k more this year. Did the same thing in 2016 and didn't make it but it was fun trying. There were just too many good new games this fall that I got into and it slowed me down. Playing a bunch of Halo probably didn't help either.

Anyone have any GamerScore goals for this year?

Mine is to break the 300K mark
I finally passed 100K a month or two ago, I'd love to get to 150K before the end of the year, but with my schedule, that's probably not realistic. 130K might be reachable. A pretty modest goal, I know.

I'm falling a bit behind but I think it'd be pretty neat to hit 416,000 on April 16th (my birthday, hence the random number). Otherwise, 450k should be fairly doable. Means I'd have to hit 70k this year which I've done twice before. Otherwise, don't have too may other goals.

Would like to setup a Youtube channel to replace Twitch and get back in the swing of that though. Was streaming back in 2015, but moved at the end of the year and where I live now has terrible upload speeds. Figured I could do Youtube and maybe when I move again do some sort of combination of both.

Speaking of goals, how'd everyone do last year? Hit 73,954 Gamerscore with 52 completions. Was hoping to hit 75k when I saw I was close but end of December killed me at work and with family. Also had 2,429 total achievements for the year as well.

Have you guys noticed that when the same games are available on both 360 and One, the One version tends to have much higher TA values? I've been playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel lately-- 2,668 TA on 360; 3,679 on Xbox One. Skyrim is worth 2,339 TA on 360; 3,255 on Xbox One.

What's going on here? Just a function of time, the remastered version hasn't been out as long so people haven't had time to finish it yet? Or are there more Xbox One owners who begin games and then stop playing them?

XB1 free play weekends probably contribute to some of it.  The Handsome Collection had a free weekend back in October that probably increased its total gamer base, helping boost the score for late game achievements that can't be earned in a single weekend.  Can't find a free weekend for Skyrim on XB1 (PS4 and PC had one).

The values may also be skewed a bit by the DLC.  On the 360, the DLC scores appear to be based on the people that have played the DLC, which is lower than the full game.  On XB1, since the DLCs are integrated into the game, those achievements have the full player base counting toward their ratio, driving up their value until people get to them.

It also makes me wonder how MS generates the rarity values for DLC achievements.  It seems like they may be using the entire player base as the denominator for the ratio, rather than just purchasers / players of the DLC.

Ah, good point about the DLC. I was actually thinking the opposite-- on the typical current-gen remaster, the DLC is included with the base purchase so there's no additional barrier to entry, whereas on last-gen some people wouldn't have bought the DLC or were done with the game before it came out. But if the ratios for DLC achievements are calculated from different playerbases, that would more than counteract it.

Anyone else been picking up the Neo Geo games that have been releasing for the past couple weeks? Haven't played Sengoku or Art of Fighting yet, but outside of King of Fighters (which has been kicking my ass), they've all been pretty easy 1ks doable in an hour or two tops.

Also of note, closing in on 400k gamerscore. Need to see if I can find a way to get even (if only temporarily) to try hitting it on the dot. Couldn't decide what I wanted to hit it with, but thanks to an achievement challenge I'm in, I've decided on a fairly easy albeit fittingly named achievement in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Kept putting this one off and saying one day I'd get around to playing it.

And while Ubisoft games tend to be wearing out their welcome a bit for me as of late, I'm enjoying it. If only because I can give my enemies the middle finger before punching them to death or sniping them with explosive sniper rounds.

bread's done
Back