* * * * * 1 votes

NBA Discussion Thread

#31 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

Grizzles have the better bench too...

#32 ygoloib  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

even though LeBron returned the favor, it looks like LeBron is going to have to revert back to "late 2000's playoff LeBron" where he was averaging in the mid to high 30's for the cavs to win this series. bulls let this one slip most definitely.

#33 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

even though LeBron returned the favor, it looks like LeBron is going to have to revert back to "late 2000's playoff LeBron" where he was averaging in the mid to high 30's for the cavs to win this series. bulls let this one slip most definitely.

Yep, they basically screwed around and it bit them in the end.

#34 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

Wow the Rockets played pretty bad tonight....

#35 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:23 PM

David Blatt is so in over his head. One writer put it like this: "LeBron overcoming the incompetence of David Blatt is the greatest playoff victory in NBA history."

#36 ygoloib  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

pau gasol better man up & get out there and help his team (as barkley says conley playing with a broke face). wiz/hawks, grizz/warr series have become very intriguing while the rockets started to play in their series a little too late

#37 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

pau gasol better man & get out there and help his team (as barkley says conley playing with a broke face). wiz/hawks, grizz/warr series have become very intriguing while the rockets started to play in their series a little too late

I think the Bulls are done, it might be time to blow up the team.  If they can't beat the Cavs without Kevin Love, they aren't going to beat them anytime soon.

#38 WeaponX2099   You walk on the subway CAGiversary!   5442 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

The bulls will only blow up the coach if they lose

#39 zyk  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

Bulls don't really have to blow it up. They got a young core in Butler, Mirotic, and Snell so as long as they keep improving they should be competitive for a while.

Thibs will probably get fired though, there has been too many "rumors" about it happening so I'd be shocked if he ends up coaching the Bulls next season.

#40 ygoloib  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

hope thibs helps my magic get back on track if the rumors are true

#41 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

Bulls don't really have to blow it up. They got a young core in Butler, Mirotic, and Snell so as long as they keep improving they should be competitive for a while.

Thibs will probably get fired though, there has been too many "rumors" about it happening so I'd be shocked if he ends up coaching the Bulls next season.

Thibs is definitely getting fired.  After the showing today, I really think it's time to figure out something different from the Bulls, the current group is not working.

#42 zyk  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

Clippers lost tonight reminded me of the Packers/Seahawks playoff game. They played to not lose. Also Rockets were very lucky that Josh Smith went off haha. I doubt we'll ever see that kind of game from him again

#43 ygoloib  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

the script has definitely flipped in the rockets vs clipps series (spurs at home scratching their heads). The bulls again cant seem to beat a Lebron playoff team, they got to make changes to the roster and the coaching staff (Carmelo really should have joined this team). Its do or die for the grizzs & wiz (hope they force a game 7).

#44 ygoloib  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

If clippers lose, they really are a sad bunch (too bad we can't go back in time & put the spurs into the 2nd round). Guess it is looking like a cavs vs warriors finals (if a jump shooting team like the warriors win it proves NBA teams don't play any defense).

#45 zyk  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:38 PM

Well there goes the Clippers. Now their problem is overpay DJ or build a bench and give up their defense.

#46 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

How the hell did the Clippers let that series slip away. Damn.

#47 zyk  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

Wolves better pick Towns. No one should pass up the possibility of having Wiggins and Towns as  your defensive anchors.

#48 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4227 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:21 AM

Wonder who Philly is going to draft and trade away in two years.

#49 zyk  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

Damn, I kind of feel bad for Harden. He was such a beast tonight, ended with a bad move.

#50 ygoloib  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

looks like the hawks are just satisfied with making it to the ECF for the first time. You can't beat a Cavs team without Love & Irving? Warriors series looking like a sweep if somehow the rockets can pull some miracles like they did in their last round. Cavs definitely going need Kyrie for the Warriors (I'd just rest him for the entire hawks series).

#51 zyk  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

rip Rockets

Warriors vs Cavs confirmed?

#52 zyk  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

Alright. Dellavedova is one dirty player. First he traps Gibsons ankle, next he falls into Korver's ankle, and now he falls into Horford's legs. I know he's one of those hustle type players but it would be dumb to assume that he doesn't go after the legs when he falls.

#53 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2553 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:36 AM

Welp, can we rightfully say that the NBA wants a Cavs vs Warriors finals?

#54 ygoloib  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

so who do you guys have: The Cavs with LeBron trying to bring the mistake by the lake their first title since the 60's or the Warriors team that are a better version of the Nash Suns team in the mid 00's that shoot lights out. Run TMC would be proud. If LeBron can contain Curry and the other defenders lock down Thompson, Cavs win. But if LeBron cant or doesn't guard Curry & Thompson gets loose we might have a primarily jump shooting taking home the title.

#55 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69421 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

Alright. Dellavedova is one dirty player. First he traps Gibsons ankle, next he falls into Korver's ankle, and now he falls into Horford's legs. I know he's one of those hustle type players but it would be dumb to assume that he doesn't go after the legs when he falls.

Korver made a bad move in going after the ball on the run instead of diving to his stomach to ensure he got control of it, so that was just an unfortunate play. Al Horford grabbed Delly by the arm and pulled him away from the rebound, tripping over Carroll, and to the ground, where he slid backwards into his leg and earned him an elbow to the shoulder/chest/neck because of Horford's own stupidity. If you don't want Delly sliding into your leg, don't pull him towards you like that.

Reggie Miller's tirade about that was one of the more disgusting displays of inept commentary I've seen in a while. I had to mute the game for a bit to block his stupidity transmissions from infesting my brain.

#56 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

so who do you guys have: The Cavs with LeBron trying to bring the mistake by the lake their first title since the 60's or the Warriors team that are a better version of the Nash Suns team in the mid 00's that shoot lights out. Run TMC would be proud. If LeBron can contain Curry and the other defenders lock down Thompson, Cavs win. But if LeBron cant or doesn't guard Curry & Thompson gets loose we might have a primarily jump shooting taking home the title.

I also wonder who has the better bench and better big man. Warriors have Bogut, Cavs have Thompson, both have decent benches. If Love was was not injured I might give the Cavs the nod. Its gonna be good series and I'd love to see Thompson get a ring. I went to a few of this games in college. Great player!

On a side note the poor Cavs are stuck with "Tons-of-Fun" Perkins. I doubt he'll do anything except get a few fouls. Maybe they can dump him next year with some sort of package deal, send him to a crappy bottom feeder team like Utah or the Knicks.... 

#57 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13601 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

I still don't know whether to root for or against the Cavs.

Against: they are doing the same shit everyone in Cleveland bitched about Miami doing when Lebron went there; namely trying to buy a ring by building a "big 3" (Love, James, Irving) Do we really want the first Cleveland title since 1964 to be tainted by that? (excluding the Cleveland Crunch championships in the 90s)

For: rumor is that Blatt gets canned no matter what happens, so I'm curious to see if they win the title how stupid Gilbert would be.

EDIT: for anyone who has never heard the Delly song: http://www.wtam.com/...delly-13595312/

#58 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:18 AM

I really think it's going to be a close one, but I think The Cavs are going to take it.  

#59 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

I still don't know whether to root for or against the Cavs.

Against: they are doing the same shit everyone in Cleveland bitched about Miami doing when Lebron went there; namely trying to buy a ring by building a "big 3" (Love, James, Irving) Do we really want the first Cleveland title since 1964 to be tainted by that? (excluding the Cleveland Crunch championships in the 90s)

For: rumor is that Blatt gets canned no matter what happens, so I'm curious to see if they win the title how stupid Gilbert would be.

EDIT: for anyone who has never heard the Delly song: http://www.wtam.com/...delly-13595312/

It definitely hasn't been the big 3 in these playoffs. It's more like the big one and a half.

#60 Sistros   CAG CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

This will definitely be an unpredictable Finals, I can't wait until June. Rooting for the Warriors.