* * * * * 1 votes

NBA Discussion Thread

#241 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

http://www.nba.com/a...-angeles-lakers
they need more or this will be Cleveland west.

I think Rondo makes them better than last year, Lebron makes them 10-15 games better than last year, and another year with Ball, Ingram, and Kuz make them 5 games better too. Last year they were 35 and 47. I think overnight they became a 50 win team. They're better than any of the teams that finished after them, and better than 6 teams that finished ahead of them last year. 

I think the 2019 West Standings go like this:

1) Rockets

2) Warriors

3) Jazz

4) Lakers

5) Thunder

6) Blazers

7) Pelicans

8) Spurs

I wouldn't be surprised to see the T Wolves at 7 and the Pelicans out though. The Spurs...that's a legacy 8th seed. They could miss the playoffs if they don't deal Kawhai and that wouldn't surprise me either. But I think the Lakers are in the top half of the West right now, if they don't sign another player. Remember, you can pencil in 12 wins against the East alone, they should sweep the Clippers, Suns, Kings, Grizzlies and probably the Mavs.  

#242 ygoloib  

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

GINOBILIIIII!!!!

#243 ygoloib  

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:32 AM

Well I almost forgot it’s a new season so, who do we have finishing as runner ups to Golden State

#244 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:12 PM

Well I almost forgot it’s a new season so, who do we have finishing as runner ups to Golden State

I think Houston gets them this year. I'm not happy about that either, because I really don't like Houston.  This year and last, I haven't shared in the opinion that everyone else is playing for second.  

#245 Scepticalscribe  

Scepticalscribe

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for sharing! I`m thinking about making a bet here http://1xbet.com It is quite interesting and has a good statistics. What do you think about it?

#246 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

I think Rondo makes them better than last year, Lebron makes them 10-15 games better than last year, and another year with Ball, Ingram, and Kuz make them 5 games better too. Last year they were 35 and 47. I think overnight they became a 50 win team. They're better than any of the teams that finished after them, and better than 6 teams that finished ahead of them last year. 

I think the 2019 West Standings go like this:

1) Rockets

2) Warriors

3) Jazz

4) Lakers

5) Thunder

6) Blazers

7) Pelicans

8) Spurs

I wouldn't be surprised to see the T Wolves at 7 and the Pelicans out though. The Spurs...that's a legacy 8th seed. They could miss the playoffs if they don't deal Kawhai and that wouldn't surprise me either. But I think the Lakers are in the top half of the West right now, if they don't sign another player. Remember, you can pencil in 12 wins against the East alone, they should sweep the Clippers, Suns, Kings, Grizzlies and probably the Mavs.  

The Lakers are probably a player away from making the playoffs and contending.  If they get one more all star then maybe.  THey need a Durant or a Kawhi Leonard before we can talk about them making the playoffs and contending.

#247 ygoloib  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:47 AM

LeBron all about that Hollywood lifestyle now, basketball is second to him now. The one thing that fascinates me is who will win the east? It could easily be the sixers, bucks, Celtics and the raptors.

#248 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:29 AM

I'd say the Raptors have a pretty good shot in the East

#249 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:51 PM

The Lakers are probably a player away from making the playoffs and contending.  If they get one more all star then maybe.  THey need a Durant or a Kawhi Leonard before we can talk about them making the playoffs and contending.

Yah, my guess wasn't bad. Omission of the Nuggets near the top and inclusion of the Lakers was a miss. That Lebron injury took a lot of wind out of their sails. I personally don't like the man, and fully agree that he's not grinding like he used to, but also, he's playing the 5-6 best teams int he league 4-5 times a season. When you have to powderpuff your way through a dogshit Eastern Conference, then only get up for the playoffs, it's a different deal. I thought he'd take more on his shoulders, and that Kuz would be more consistent. I was wrong. 

I think the Warriors lose a round 2 series this year though and the team gets broken up. I'm not convinced this is their title just by showing up. The Nuggets, Rockets, Thunder, Blazers OR Jazz could beat them in a 7 game series IMO. 

#250 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:54 AM

I guess that is the question, will the warriors be able to hit the switch and steam roll through the playoffs?  The Rockets match up very well with them.  The raptors, Rockets, Bucks could get hot and win against the warriors and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.  They are still going to be heavily favored, but I think this is their last dominant year and they lose Durant or Klay Thompson or both, and then next year lose Draymond Green.  Green is looking for 40M/year and they probably won't pay it.  

#251 ygoloib  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:57 AM

These are definitely some intriguing series. Can the backcourt of Portland carry them pass the young guns of Denver. Will Houston’s whining/flops carry them pass the avengers whining/flops. Will the the luck of the Irish make the Celtics not fear the Greek deer and will the one & done Leonard protect the north from the house of Sixers from the south.

#252 ygoloib  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

Yep the warriors definitely need Kevin Durant lol

#253 ygoloib  

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:50 PM

My bad, new NBA season folks!!! Who we got besides the Clippers vs Bucks. Also who would have guessed it that the warriors might be a lottery team this year lol.

#254 WeaponX2099   You walk on the subway CAGiversary!   5442 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:15 AM

No One wants GS with a top 3 pick. I hope they limp into the playoffs. 

My bad, new NBA season folks!!! Who we got besides the Clippers vs Bucks. Also who would have guessed it that the warriors might be a lottery team this year lol.

#255 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:47 PM

They're going full on San Antonio Spurs when they David Robinson and drafted Tim Duncan. The only problem is that I think building through the draft is antiquated, and there is no clear best player in college basketball yet. They're already young. They would be better off trying to trade a high pick. But that cap room. Eek. Unless you recruit a super-team, good luck.