Official E3 2015 Thread

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
[attachment=14035:image.jpg]

With e3 coming near, I figured it was time for a official place to talk about news, rumors, predictions, and such.

E3 2015 is June 16-18.

Most companies have a press conference a day or two before the show floor opens. Most will be streamed from several gaming sites, YouTube, and Twitch. The past few years, a couple cable channels streamed a few conferences also. Personally, I'll probably use the IGN App on PS4/XB1 and also have my iPad on various gaming sites for inside details.

Conference Times

Sunday- June 14
Bethesda - 7pm PT / 10pm ET

Monday- June 15
Microsoft- 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET
EA- 1pm PT / 4pm ET
Ubisoft- 3pm PT / 6pm ET
Sony- 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Tuesday- June 16
Nintendo- 9am PT / 12 ET(Special E3 Nintendo Direct) (Treehouse Sessions all week, like last year)
Square Enix- 10am PT / 1pm ET
PC Gaming- 5pm PT / 8pm ET. Hosted by AMD and PC Gamer

Sony will be showing their conference live in theaters again this year. For tickets and more info:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/21/experience-e3-2015-live-in-theaters-on-june-15th/

What's everyone hoping to come out of e3 this year? Any predictions? With both Bethesda and Square having their own conference, what games do you think they will show? Why not just show at Sony's or Microsofts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have less then 7 weeks until E3. Within the next couple weeks, we should start hearing rumors and predictions for what will be announced. I thought I'd be fun, to maybe do a few different topics of discussion between now and the convention.

So to start off, what's your favorite E3 memory? What's something you will never forget? Maybe it was something completely insane, or maybe just a huge shock to a lot of people.

In 2013, with the PS4 and Xbox One both revealed at separate events leading up to E3. Everyone couldn't wait to hear more on the Next Generation of console gaming. Microsoft started the day with a decent showing, but seemed to taking the Xbox in a strange new direction with online only gaming and no used games. With almost a full day between them, Sony took the stage to end the night. Everyone thought Sony might follow in the same direction as Microsoft and have similar features in the PS4. In one of my most memorable moments from e3, Jack Trenton took the stage and started talking about the features of the PS4. Not only were the features different then Microsoft's, they were the exact opposite. It was almost like they took the features that were unpopular with the Xbox and purposely went the other direction. It seemed some of the slides and wording were aimed directly at Microsoft. Everyone in the room cheered as Trenton announced used games can be played on the PS4 and you don't have to be connected to the internet at all times. Then at the very end, he announced the price of the new Playstation , $100 cheaper than their closest competition. And simple dropped the mic and left the stage, ending the conference and my most memorable e3 moment.

So CAG, what are some of your most memorable E3 moments?

Wonder if SE will show more of this at E3....

DirectX12 + 4 Nvidia GTX Titan X + Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP_l19eFqRQ

Would be nice to have the funds to build such a beast PC.

So eight pressers this year? Holy shit this is going to be a good E3. I just kind of wish Square, Nintendo, and the PC gaming conference would take a note out of Bethesda's book and hold their conferences on Sunday because I can't take two days off of work to watch E3. =P

Also Square is in Nintendo's usual time, I wonder if they'll stick to Tuesday 12pm ET or if they will move to a different time slot. It can't be too difficult for them to move around now since they don't do a normal press conference anymore.

So eight pressers this year? Holy shit this is going to be a good E3. I just kind of wish Square, Nintendo, and the PC gaming conference would take a note out of Bethesda's book and hold their conferences on Sunday because I can't take two days off of work to watch E3. =P

Also Square is in Nintendo's usual time, I wonder if they'll stick to Tuesday 12pm ET or if they will move to a different time slot. It can't be too difficult for them to move around now since they don't do a normal press conference anymore.
I thought Nintendo said they were going to have a normal presser this year?

I will never forget the look of confusion on attendees' faces when we're sitting in the Sega reveal and they annouce "Surprise, Saturns are sitting in retail stores right now!" We weren't sure what to make of it because that was so odd to do it so early and have no build up for it.

Updated OP with Nintendo's announced info. Why would they have their video the same time as Square Enix's conference? Maybe It was on purpose? Or maybe Nintendo truly don't care?

So we have less then 7 weeks until E3. Within the next couple weeks, we should start hearing rumors and predictions for what will be announced. I thought I'd be fun, to maybe do a few different topics of discussion between now and the convention.

So to start off, what's your favorite E3 memory? What's something you will never forget? Maybe it was something completely insane, or maybe just a huge shock to a lot of people.

In 2013, with the PS4 and Xbox One both revealed at separate events leading up to E3. Everyone couldn't wait to hear more on the Next Generation of console gaming. Microsoft started the day with a decent showing, but seemed to taking the Xbox in a strange new direction with online only gaming and no used games. With almost a full day between them, Sony took the stage to end the night. Everyone thought Sony might follow in the same direction as Microsoft and have similar features in the PS4. In one of my most memorable moments from e3, Jack Trenton took the stage and started talking about the features of the PS4. Not only were the features different then Microsoft's, they were the exact opposite. It was almost like they took the features that were unpopular with the Xbox and purposely went the other direction. It seemed some of the slides and wording were aimed directly at Microsoft. Everyone in the room cheered as Trenton announced used games can be played on the PS4 and you don't have to be connected to the internet at all times. Then at the very end, he announced the price of the new Playstation , $50 cheaper than their closest competition. And simple dropped the mic and left the stage, ending the conference and my most memorable e3 moment.

So CAG, what are some of your most memorable E3 moments?
It was $100 cheaper. $400 PS4, $500 XB1 w/Kinect.

I will never forget the look of confusion on attendees' faces when we're sitting in the Sega reveal and they annouce "Surprise, Saturns are sitting in retail stores right now!" We weren't sure what to make of it because that was so odd to do it so early and have no build up for it.
And Sony's whole presentation was Sept. $299.99, $100 cheaper than the on shelves now Saturn.

Only a few more weeks to go! Super excited to see what everybody has to show off. I guess since Nintendo decided to still go at their usual time even though Square has scheduled presser that time slot I'll have to decide which one Id rather watch live. I wish I could just take that day off work too and have them both up on two of my monitors. :p

I'm also excited for Ubisoft to talk more about the female protagonist from Syndicate. I'm glad that finally a mainline Assassins Creed game is getting a female as a playable character.

Hey heeeyy!!  Really looking forward to this year's E3 especially the Bethesda conference!  Here's hoping for Fallout 4 and Fallout: The Ultimate Collection! 

Most memorable moment?  Well it was back a few years ago when I was a Xbox 360 fanboy.  I was super excited that they were going to reveal a trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 for 360 but it turned out to be Metal Gear Rising.  I think that same year I purchased a PS3 bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2.  That marked the very end my fanboy-ism.   :D

I'm really excited to see what they announce this year. Hugely excited for Bethesda's show, but I will be tuning in for it all if I can. 

I am looking forward to bethesda's confrence.I need something by them (fallout or elder scrolls or a new IP that is similar) that is single player for PS4

Two weeks away! Can't wait, it's seriously my favorite time of the year. Still kind of disappointed I couldn't get tickets to the PS4 E3 Experience, I'm on the wait list. But I'm not going to the theater that's an hour away and not get in, then miss the conference all together. I'll just sit at home and watch it on TV.

Anyone have any predictions?

Still kind of disappointed I couldn't get tickets to the PS4 E3 Experience, I'm on the wait list. But I'm not going to the theater that's an hour away and not get in, then miss the conference all together. I'll just sit at home and watch it on TV.
Smart move. I went last year. The video was often unwatchable due to digital artifacts in the picture and sound. The only physical giveaway (unless you count the themed "badges") was a poster (actually, card stock type material, smaller than a normal poster) that was just advertising for upcoming games. Supposedly there were codes for a $5 PSN credit, a 30 day music subscription and early access to some games, but when I went to the website just a few days later (the weekend, because some gamers actually have jobs) it informed me the "gift redemption deadline" had expired. And no food.

It was a typical PlayStation Marketing "we'll bend you over, in a sandstorm, and you'll like it" event.

I'm so fucking excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider, the first one and The Last of Us were my GoTY for 2013. I've played through the game three times now, once a year since it released. 

@bleedingwickedly The closest theater to me for the E3 experience thing is an hour and a half away. I wish I could go but that's way to far to go for one presser. plus I'd probably have to miss Ubisoft.

Fallout 4 is real. The teaser site went live early to reveal Fallout 4 for PS4, Xbox one, and PC. The trailer will be live within an hour and more info with be revealed at e3!

Gameplay of Mega Man Legacy Collection is going to be shown at E3. As a huge Mega Man fan I'm looking forward to it. Although I'm disappointed it's going to have less content then Mega Man AC. But for $15 it's not a bad deal. 

5 days until the first presser!

There have been a good amount of reveals already, but it makes me wonder, maybe they have a lot more to show? Maybe they actually have too much to show, that's why we are hearing some announcements already. I think the biggest news that I want to come out of e3, is Fallout 4 releases this year. That's be huge! And really that's how a game should be revealed.

So I've seen Gamespot, YouTube, and Kinda funny have all released schedules for e3 streams. Not sure if I remember it like this last year. Now I'm confused and not sure who to watch. I should figure it out but I'll most likely just wing it lol.

So I've seen Gamespot, YouTube, and Kinda funny have all released schedules for e3 streams. Not sure if I remember it like this last year. Now I'm confused and not sure who to watch. I should figure it out but I'll most likely just wing it lol.
Between Gamespot, Kinda Funny, IGN, and whatever Adam Sessler is doing this year I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to watch this week.

Between Gamespot, Kinda Funny, IGN, and whatever Adam Sessler is doing this year I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to watch this week.
I see that Spike has a measly 2.5 hours of E3 programming. Looks like this is the tipping point from traditional TV coverage to online. RIP indeed, G4TV.

I see that Spike has a measly 2.5 hours of E3 programming. Looks like this is the tipping point from traditional TV coverage to online. RIP indeed, G4TV.
Yea I guess Spike is kind of out of the whole gaming thing? Geoff Keighly is doing his E3 stuff with Youtube this year and the Video Game Awards last year weren't on Spike TV.

Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited to see Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb host the pre/post show for the Besthesda E3 press conference.

Yea I guess Spike is kind of out of the whole gaming thing? Geoff Keighly is doing his E3 stuff with Youtube this year and the Video Game Awards last year weren't on Spike TV.

Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited to see Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb host the pre/post show for the Besthesda E3 press conference.
I used to love x-play when it was back on Tech TV. Perfect blend of funny and information. Can't wait to see them back plus Bethesda which means a look at Fallout 4 and Doom :drool: .

Mother 1 is coming to the Wii U! Earthbound Beginnings is available RIGHT NOW!
As excited as I am for this, I wish they chose another time to do it. It took me 3 hours to get Ryu today due to the store being fuck ed.

Apparently it doesn't actually go online until 9pm EST.

Also, the World Championships debuted a new 3DS game: Blastball. Basically soccer with mechs using the Metroid Prime Hunters engine.

bread's done
Back