* * * * * 3 votes

Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

#3421 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

I can't seem to (figure out how to) navigate to my Destiny profile by starting at www.bungie.net.  Can you share the URL you used there?

#3422 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

I can't seem to (figure out how to) navigate to my Destiny profile by starting at www.bungie.net. Can you share the URL you used there?

This link worked a day or 2 ago.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Grimoire

But I was already signed into my account.

Based on the @bungiehelp twitter account this may be related to server maintenance / updates in prep for D2 that they started yesterday. Seems to be affecting app too.

#3423 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

I stopped watching about 2/3 of the way through.  I don't want to spoil the game too much. :)

#3424 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

So I figured it out. All Destiny 1 data got wiped from the companion website and companion app on 8/23/2017. Accomplishments not completed by 8/1/2017 do not get ported to Destiny 2.

https://www.bungie.n...ccountMigration

#3425 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5448 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Y

So I figured it out. All Destiny 1 data got wiped from the companion website and companion app on 8/23/2017. Accomplishments not completed by 8/1/2017 do not get ported to Destiny 2.

Yeah, you have to update the official bungie Destiny app to use for D2.  Fan apps can still access D1 content, though. 

Hey, if anybody around here is ready to go with Destiny 2 on Xbox One, feel free to add me.  I tend to play most nights around 10:00 or 10:30 EST.  My clan is Dads of Destiny and they are great folks (some aren't dads and some aren't even dudes...it's all good) but I have always enjoyed running with the CAG crew.  :D/

#3426 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Hmmm... What to do. I have that $100 version preordered at Gamestop.  I'm not even sure what I get with that other than a season pass type of thing.  But I just don't know if I'll stick with it like last time, so the pass might be overkill.  That will pretty much use up all the rest of my Gamestop credit and then some as well.  And I just don't get out and flip like I used to for more credit.  I haven't traded a game in months, so that well is drying up.

Now I see I can get a $10 RZ cert from Best Buy on top of the $48 pricing.  I'm tempted to cancel the GS one and just go with the vanilla game and see how it goes.

I never really paid attention to the LE, but from the GS web site this is what it has:

1) Base game

2) Coldheart rifle code (seems to be in all preorders)

3) Ghost code on receipt (all GS preorders, not just LE)

4) Cayde figure (I'm confused here - I thought this was the thing they ran out of and I didn't get when I preordered but now it says you get it when you pick up the game)

5) Expansion pass (for 2 expansions)

6) LE codes: sword, emote, emblem

7) Case, booklet, Cabal stuff

Basically, I can do without the knick-knacks (both physical and in-game) so that leaves me with the expansion pass.  How much were the expansions last time?  $30 or $40?  If they are $30, it seems like I'd be better off with the $38 Best Buy version and just paying for those if I want to get them.  But if they are $40 it is probably better just to get the LE.

GS also offers a digital base game + expansion pass for $90.  So I don't know what that means for the expansion prices, but that is a decent deal at $30 for both expansions.  In that case, though, I'm fine with $10 more for all the other stuff.

Oh and the expansion pass by itself from GS is $35, which seems low unless it is a really good deal - which seems like not something Gamestop would do.  I'm getting the impression from that pricing that the expansions will be smaller and cheaper than they were for Destiny 1. I guess I could buy the Best Buy version and get the expansion pass from GS for $35 for a total of $73 (my $10 cert would be rolled into NBA 2K18 for my son, so I'd count the $10 off for Destiny on that).  So then I need to decide if the extras are worth $25.  I would think not, really.  But, meh, maybe I'm overthinking all of this and will just stick with the LE ;).

#3427 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5448 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

I'm a sucker for Destiny CE's and I do like having the physical disc and what-nots on my gaming shelf.  So, I'm very happy with the $100 GS exclusive edition. 

But, if you're not sure and all that, might be best to play it safe and get the game at BB with GCU.  It's half the cost, know what I mean? But, make sure you preorder because that kill tracking ghost looks cool. 

#3428 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

But, if you're not sure and all that, might be best to play it safe and get the game at BB with GCU.  It's half the cost, know what I mean? But, make sure you preorder because that kill tracking ghost looks cool. 

I don't see anything about the ghost on the Best Buy preorder page, just the Coldheart weapon.  I think the ghost might be a GS exclusive.

#3429 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44282 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

The Ghost is on the XBLM pre-order as well, so maybe it's standard?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#3430 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

A blurb from microsoft.com:

Coldheart, Kill-Tracker Ghost, and Salute Emote can also be attained through gameplay starting on 12.05.17.

#3431 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

When was the last time anyone heard from the OP?

#3432 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5448 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

When was the last time anyone heard from the OP?

Been a long, long time.  Over a year maybe?

#3433 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Been a long, long time.  Over a year maybe?

Maybe there should be a new thread for a new game?  Since D1 is still a thing, it might be best to split the conversation off into two threads.

#3434 ZeroNightmare   Master Bait CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ZeroNightmare

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Maybe there should be a new thread for a new game? Since D1 is still a thing, it might be best to split the conversation off into two threads.

See D1 fading into oblivion with D2 coming out

#3435 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'm still cranking out parts of D1. But I'm totally excited for D2.

#3436 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44282 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

A new thread for a new sequel makes sense.

#3437 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5448 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

I was thinking about a new thread earlier today.  I haven't done one since Quantum Break.  I could give it a go, I suppose.  You guys want a fancy OP or just a new thread?

#3438 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

I'm surprised Vendetta is not around.  I haven't been on Xbox much myself all year this year, so I have no idea if he's still playing Destiny or what.  I've gone over to the dark side now - mostly playing mobile games.  I know, I never thought that would happen but here we are ;).

What few console games I have played have all been on PS4.  I went on a small binge earlier this summer of playing some of the PS+ freebies I've never touched.  But I haven't played anything multiplayer or even used my headset in several months.  If you see me on Destiny 2 and want to do some coop be patient with me as I may have to find my headset and figure out how all of that works again...

But yeah, go ahead and make a new thread.  I'll change the title of this one (currently "Official CAG Destiny Thread 2.0 - Rise of Iron") to take the "2.0" out of it so it doesn't get confused with Destiny 2..

#3439 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44282 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

I was thinking about a new thread earlier today. I haven't done one since Quantum Break. I could give it a go, I suppose. You guys want a fancy OP or just a new thread?

I'm not on here too often to create one myself.

My suggestion to whoever does it, create a new thread, make it a wiki so anyone can update OP.

#3440 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

I was thinking about a new thread earlier today.  I haven't done one since Quantum Break.  I could give it a go, I suppose.  You guys want a fancy OP or just a new thread?

I would think a new thread with a fancy OP is our only choice. :)  But yes, please make the thread wikiable.

#3441 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5448 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

K, gang.  The D2 thread is started.  Stop in to say hi and leave your gamertag for the new folks to who stop in.  See you all here.....

https://www.cheapass...rmhands-wanted/

#3442 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'm THIS much closer to getting the NM Class Armor for Hunters:

6hsxg2.jpg

#3443 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

NM Class armor?  I have no idea what that means.

#3444 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:53 AM

NM Class armor? I have no idea what that means.

New Monarchy, for reaching rank 25 with them. I think you might be out of touch. :)

#3445 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

New Monarchy, for reaching rank 25 with them. I think you might be out of touch. :)

Oh OK.  Well you showed yourself collecting a bunch of crests so I thought it was something new related to that.

#3446 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Haa, figures, I just started D1 last night.

#3447 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Haa, figures, I just started D1 last night.

The data is still there and bungie is supporting community apps. Some of them a pretty good. There are some in the apple store, some in Google Play, and some are web based.

#3448 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11274 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

The data is still there and bungie is supporting community apps. Some of them a pretty good. There are some in the apple store, some in Google Play, and some are web based.

Destiny Item Manager is a Chrome extension (and may be available in other forms as well) that was FANTASTIC at managing your inventory.