Xbox One Elite Controller Preorder Available at Best Buy / Amazon

Houdini 47

CAGiversary!
Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller/9529009.p?id=1219704411472&skuId=9529009

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434433009&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+one+elite+controller

From kotaku:

-You have the option of swapping up to six stainless steel thumbsticks onto your controller, each with a different size/shape/heights. Microsoft boasts that this can help you “improve accuracy, speed, and reach.”

-The paddles on the back lets you do more intricate maneuvers without having to take your thumb off the thumbstick.

-The triggers help you fire faster, and you have a “hair trigger lock” that lets you tweak your rate of fire.

-You’ll be able to adjust your sensitivity on the controller, and reassign buttons. And if you have specific preferences for different games, you can make up to 255 controller profiles that save your favorite settings. The controller itself lets you swap between two profiles, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain this thing to me? I've never paid attention to such controllers. What are the "paddles" for?
i think its mostly for driving games... paddle shifters? i think its which is kinda pointless imo since purist will probably want a wheel controller instead to play driving games like forza or gran truism.

I held it today at the Xbox Briefing's afterparty, which was at this amazing nightclub in LA, and it is well worth the price.  I already have mine pre-ordered from Amazon, but I'll probably buy it at Best Buy.

I just can't justify spending $150 on a controller unless it has Steel Batallion levels of buttons and girth.

i think its mostly for driving games... paddle shifters? i think its which is kinda pointless imo since purist will probably want a wheel controller instead to play driving games like forza or gran truism.
Well, their site described it as if they were meant to replace face buttons or bumpers and triggers. It sounded weird, I didn't get it.

"The paddles give your fingers more control, so you can execute devastating moves and experience more efficient control. Now you don’t have to take your thumbs off the thumbstick to execute intricate jump, aim, and shoot combinations."

This is MS way of getting into the aftermarket controller modding community to take some of the money for themselves. If you don't know what this does look up scuff controllers. They sell for a ton and are modified to be "better". I have never bought one nor was I ever interested in one, but I am sure there is a market for this.

Well, their site described it as if they were meant to replace face buttons or bumpers and triggers. It sounded weird, I didn't get it.
Say you are playing a shooter. This would let you jump or crouch while aiming with the right stick. It gives you that split second advantage of not having to quickly tap a button with your thumb.

You guys couldnt possibly be more wrong. Its for games like Halo, where you can press the jump/melee buttons while your thumbs stay on the analog sticks so you can still freely move/look around.

I thought this was a must-buy for me at first until I saw the price tag...

You guys couldnt possibly be more wrong. Its for games like Halo, where you can press the jump/melee buttons while your thumbs stay on the analog sticks so you can still freely move/look around.
Not true. He could have said the paddles were detachable Pegasus wings that double as dominatrix paddles. That would have been more wrong. Come to think of it, it might also be the only way this POS would be worth $150. Pass.

The controller also allows custom button mappings (like 200 different ones and Cab change between 2 on the fly) and custom sensitivity on the sticks. You can set detailed sensitivity. For instance the first 3/4 if the movement of the stick could be set to a slow sensitivity to allow for accurate aiming, then the last 1/4 (a full move of the stick) could be set to a higher sensitivity which still allows you to turn super fast.

I pre-ordered 2 already

It's actually a good price as far as scuff like controllers go, and you avoid the shady-ness of other companies

fuck M$...what a lowsy pricing scheme.  "Hey guys, how can we recoup for having to drop our consoles to try to get people to buy them?" "Sell an awesome controller to ass rape all the consumers!"

fuck M$...what a lowsy pricing scheme. "Hey guys, how can we recoup for having to drop our consoles to try to get people to buy them?" "Sell an awesome controller to ass rape all the consumers!"
As stated by others.. This is very reasonable in comparison to other controllers in this genre

As stated by others.. This is very reasonable in comparison to other controllers in this genre
No, no it's not.

Scuff's are not mass produced so I can see why they have such high costs. M$ can mass produce easily. They just love price gouging

Whoever buys these....have fun paying for a controller that wears out and costs half a console.

No, no it's not.

Scuff's are not mass produced so I can see why they have such high costs. M$ can mass produce easily. They just love price gouging

Whoever buys these....have fun paying for a controller that wears out and costs half a console.
That's because Scuf themselves aren't looking to get into proper controller manufacturing and will stick with the modding scene where they love to price gouge as well.

Say you are playing a shooter. This would let you jump or crouch while aiming with the right stick. It gives you that split second advantage of not having to quickly tap a button with your thumb.
People don't need a controller for that. They should learn to play proper. Long live the Claw! ;)

This is a completely optional accessory for a very specific audience. I think it's at least cool that it exists. I'm sure there will be deals on it eventually.

This is a completely optional accessory for a very specific audience. I think it's at least cool that it exists. I'm sure there will be deals on it eventually.
I think it will actually drop fairly fast after release. I expect good deals within a month. $80 is my price point.

No, no it's not.

Your personal thoughts on Microsoft's pricing policies doesn't change the fact that it is reasonable in comparison to other options on the market

Yeah, Scufs been charging more for longer time. This actually is a good deal for those that have been buying Scufs/Cinch's. These controllers are really made for FPS, specifically CoD.

Will be getting this. I have 2 extra controllers that sit in dust now because there's so little split-screen support. selling them for this new controller.

I fucking suck at some shooters with this controller. I feel that the analog sticks are too sensitive. Hopefully this new controller will help my aiming.

where the hell is the rechargeable battery, screw u ms, for not included in.
It should come with rechargeable battery packs but not internal ones. Having built in batteries that will lose their charge in such an expensive controller would suck

I can see this controller being bundled with an Xbox One by Black Friday to help move consoles. I actually want one of these but can't justify spending $150 on a controller when I have 2 regular controllers that work just fine. 

I'd totally buy one of these for $70-80 if it worked Wireless with Windows 7... not sure drivers will ever exist for that though...

Not sure how any can say it's a good deal or well worth $150. I completely understand the "Why" behind it. I understand the market. But MS will be mass producing these. How much more do you think it'll cost them to make this compared to standard controller? 10%? 20%? They'll probably clear almost $100 per unit I would imagine. 

I bet these drop to $99 MSRP within a year being released or MS decides to tinker and release new models each year to justify charging insane prices. 

Comparing it to other modded controllers going for the same price is silly when the other controllers have to be physically modded.

This will be awesome when it becomes discounted.

Anyway, the paddles/side buttons are awesome.  I had an off brand FPS-Master controller for the OG Xbox for Halo 1 tournament play.  It made it so your thumbs never have to come off the thumbsticks.  This made it possible to melee, shoot, and throw grenades while still aiming.  This was before bumpers (LB/RB) mind you.  I could still see it being very useful.

For driving games if you are competitive you still use a controller.  The wheels are for the sim experience but are largely regarded as harder to use/less precise.

Not sure how any can say it's a good deal or well worth $150. I completely understand the "Why" behind it. I understand the market. But MS will be mass producing these. How much more do you think it'll cost them to make this compared to standard controller? 10%? 20%? They'll probably clear almost $100 per unit I would imagine.

I bet these drop to $99 MSRP within a year being released or MS decides to tinker and release new models each year to justify charging insane prices.

Comparing it to other modded controllers going for the same price is silly when the other controllers have to be physically modded.
This sums up my feeling. IF MS came to market with this controller for $100, it would destroy the second hand market altogether.

I know it seems crazy for most.  But I've spent more on joysticks, fight sticks, etc.  If it is good then I will get one and not think twice about paying premium.  For FPS, I'll invest on slight improvements.  It's probably a mental disorder, but there definitely is an audience for this.  And I won't hate anyone who pays 1/2 retail 6 months later.  That's still 6 months of extra joy in my life.

people complaining about the price are the people that were never seriously interested in scuff controllers to begin with. People that see the awesomeness of this are the people who either have/had a scuff or really wanted one but dont b/c of the asine price tag. PO one of these and looking forward to comparisons to scuff. 

The same people complaining about these controllers are probably the same people that say, "why spend $xx.xx on a steering wheel when a controller does the same thing for a lower price?" 

$150?

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Can M$ mass produce the fucking battery packs too? Tell me this damn thing has the battery pack with it. Was the other guy correctly earlier in the thread?

Price is alittle high for me unless I really want to use this on PC, but its probably worth the price for most people. If it was $100 I too would be jumping on it.

Can M$ mass produce the fucking battery packs too? Tell me this damn thing has the battery pack with it. Was the other guy correctly earlier in the thread?

Price is alittle high for me unless I really want to use this on PC, but its probably worth the price for most people. If it was $100 I too would be jumping on it.
It comes with 2 AA batteries, rechargeable battery sold separated.

That circle pad thing on the buttom left is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen on a controller.(including that hilarious 149 price tag) Seriously what where the designers thinking?

That circle pad thing on the buttom left is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen on a controller.(including that hilarious 149 price tag) Seriously what where the designers thinking?
I doubt you are seriously asking the question, but here is the answer from xbox.com:

Swap between a variety of metal thumbsticks and D-pads for personalized control and ergonomics. Discover configurations that can improve accuracy, speed, and reach with thumbsticks of different shapes and sizes. The Xbox Elite controller adapts to your hand size and play style. You’ll experience better control whether you play FPS, racing, fighting, or other genres. The new, faceted D-pad enables easier and more reliable combo execution, while the traditional D-pad provides precise control to change weapons or call in a strike.
This controller is all about gaining an edge on your opponents with subtle changes to how you use the controller, and that includes making more than one D-pad design available.

bread's done
Back