* * * * - 8 votes

Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

#masseffect #andromeda #mea

#1 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

The Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion Thread

(currently: Hype / Speculation / Anticipation)

cvrOm21.jpg

Determine the fate of Humanity. Become the Pathfinder.

Game Information:

Developer: BioWare

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Genre: RPG/Action & Adventure

Release Date: Holiday 2016

Available Platforms: XBOX ONE, PS4, PC
Player(s): 1

Multiplayer: Yes

Videos:

Mass Effect: Andromeda Official E3 2015 Trailer

The Future of the Mass Effect Series E3 2014

Pictures:

Concept/Trailer Shots E3 2015

Useful Resources:

BioWare Blog Announcing Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda Official Website

Mass Effect: Andromeda - E3 2015 Interview (Ars Technica)

More info coming soon!
last updated 6/16/2015

#2 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

So good to be back. My soul is ready.

#3 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:25 AM

Hurrah!

mass-effect-dancing-turian-o.gif

#4 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

Hell yeah! So pumped for this.

#5 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

All aboard!  Hype train is leaving the station!  So excited for this.

giphy.gif

and for you Kaiden lovers....

Spoiler

#6 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6398 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:07 AM

Is it wrong that I still want a ME HD collection even though the Xbox One can now technical play all three past games?

#7 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:13 AM

No, absolutely it's not wrong to want that!  I'm bummed a trilogy rerelease wasn't announced (yet).  I'd rather they didn't touch anything, just repackage/rerelease with new achievements and I'd be all over it. 

There's always November 7th.  I hope/bet we'll see something interest with either a trilogy release or something cool about Andromeda then. 

#8 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yay!  New thread!

I really wanted a re-release announced this week, but the backwards compatibility for ME has sated me, for now.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Nov. 7 surprise, but if I had to choose, I'd much rather the team stays all-hands-on-deck in order to keep the Andromeda release on schedule.

#9 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

So, I've never played this series before. Seems a little weird with the kissing alien chicks or whatnot. Would Andromeda be a good place for a noob to jump in, or should I stick to Madden?

#10 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

I'm putting in ME1 tonight and setting off on completing the entire series.

Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

#11 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7359 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

So, I've never played this series before. Seems a little weird with the kissing alien chicks or whatnot. Would Andromeda be a good place for a noob to jump in, or should I stick to Madden?

You should start with ME3. It's the first chronologically.

tumblr_mk55mjDUHH1r1wk68o2_250.gif

#12 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

Thank you, X.  This was needed after the ME: A trailer looked good enough to catch my interest.

#13 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

Thank you, X.  This was needed after the ME: A trailer looked good enough to catch my interest.

It was obviously good enough to make me leave my cryosleep to give this series another chunk of my soul.

#14 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

It was obviously good enough to make me leave my cryosleep to give this series another chunk of my soul.

Glad you put the link to the ArsTechnica article about it, as it raised some interesting points:

* DA: I had Keep to overview your decision points in DA: O, Awakenings and DA2.  Will we see something for ME like it?  I hope that's a hell yes.

* How did they get to Andromeda anyway?  Something like the mass relays, though in an expanded form like they did with Stargate Atlants and going from the Milky Way to the Pegasus galaxy?

* Voice actors - who do you think we should get back from ME1-3 into the new series? Do you really want to start fresh with new cast, or do you think it will be too much like the "old series" if we get a lot of old voice talent in ME: A?

#15 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:10 PM

I'll get around to posting popular fan theories, the info from the survey leak, and more. I'm sure it won't be hard to get some suggestions/want lists going if everyone's still around from the old group.

#16 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

I really hope they announce a cool CE for this too, maybe a collectible ship or something?

#17 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

The biggest question I have is returning characters. Not species, but specific people. Without knowing how this all starts, I can't think of good ways they can be involved. But, note, they said it happens "long after" the events of the OT. Many species live long lives.

#18 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

The biggest question I have is returning characters. Not species, but specific people. Without knowing how this all starts, I can't think of good ways they can be involved. But, note, they said it happens "long after" the events of the OT. Many species live long lives.

Well, at least maybe the bootleg holographic Shepard will still be kicking around.

#19 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

Well, at least maybe the bootleg holographic Shepard will still be kicking around.

Liara, Grunt, and Shepard VI. That would be amazing.

#20 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Asari, anyone in the ME1-3 timeframe would most likely be around in ME: A.

Turians, possibly, depending on how long it's been.  Issue with Turians is that like the quarians, they have specific food requirements.

Quarians, probably not, though same issues as the turians.

Humans, maybe, depending on the timeframe.

Drell, probably same scenario as humans.

Geth, probably would be around.

Hanar, maybe.

Volus, maybe.

Salarians, not unless it's a short timeframe.

Batarians, nope, wiped out by the Reapers.

Rest of the races, probably not.

#21 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7359 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

I hope the multiplayer comes back.

#22 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

I'm going to use the second post of this thread for rumors/speculation/fan theories/etc., I think. I'll keep (mostly) official stuff in the OP.

Any wishes for the look/style of thread? Granted, we only have a little bit to work with so far.

#23 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:07 AM

I'm thinking Bioware is gonna do everything new and improved here so I'm expecting way new species and everything. Maybe a few side quests where we learn or see old friends but it's a new journey.

#24 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

I'm thinking Bioware is gonna do everything new and improved here so I'm expecting way new species and everything. Maybe a few side quests where we learn or see old friends but it's a new journey.

Agreed, though it would be nice to see something "torch passing" from ME1-3 to ME: A.  Maybe something from Liara in her Shadow Broker role, collecting new info in Andromeda?

#25 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Agreed, though it would be nice to see something "torch passing" from ME1-3 to ME: A.  Maybe something from Liara in her Shadow Broker role, collecting new info in Andromeda?

Exactly.  There needs to be something like this and I have to believe that Bioware gets that.  Those characters are far too beloved by so many people that we need the connection, even if it's just one person, to help us move on from the OT.  I feel it needs to be more than a flickering Shepard AI on a derelict ship mission as a fun easter egg. 

Interesting note.  Bioware has said they are going dark for now, but they'd be back later this year.  N7 day anyone??

#26 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Exactly.  There needs to be something like this and I have to believe that Bioware gets that.  Those characters are far too beloved by so many people that we need the connection, even if it's just one person, to help us move on from the OT.  I feel it needs to be more than a flickering Shepard AI on a derelict ship mission as a fun easter egg. 

Interesting note.  Bioware has said they are going dark for now, but they'd be back later this year.  N7 day anyone??

Liara makes the most sense mainly because she's an asari and the one most likely to still be around from the ME1-3 timframe, regardless of when it might be.  EDI is another one, for the same reason.

Beyond that, it would depend on timeframe and circumstances of the "bridge".   I would like to hope it's more than just a random Shepard VI instance.

#27 Zero Suit Rosalina  

Zero Suit Rosalina

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

All these dancing gifs and not one Tali??
tumblr_mjw16vb1G21r9e3ufo1_400.gif

Anyway, I'm extremely stoked that they finally announced the new mass effect although, I ain't trying to think about it too much. As its gonna be a good wait until it releases.

#28 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

Eh, Gamescom is a good guess imo.

#29 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

http://www.lazygamer...teaser-trailer/

Quick reminder in this article that while we now know some things, and can assume a little more from that leaked survey, there is still a *lot* we do not know. 

#30 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 and Mass Effect crossover news!  The Z7 Mech, complete with Zomni-tool is coming to GW2!

grass-effect.jpg