Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

I love to read this stuff. Space exploration is taking off now more than I can remember and I feel like we're on the verge of something big. Maybe not in my lifetime, but soon enough, I think. It's very exciting.

I love to read this stuff. Space exploration is taking off now more than I can remember and I feel like we're on the verge of something big. Maybe not in my lifetime, but soon enough, I think. It's very exciting.
And along these lines, if you've not seen The Martian or read the book (I've done both and I'm re-reading the book again after seeing the movie), you're doing it wrong. :shame:

Should I read the book first or watch the movie first? I am leaning towards watching the movie first and than reading the book, since the book is normally better and I would just be comparing the book to the movie adaption the whole time.

The book is next on my list. :D
I picked up the Kindle version for $2 a few weeks before the movie released. $9 now, as it seems.

Should I read the book first or watch the movie first? I am leaning towards watching the movie first and than reading the book, since the book is normally better and I would just be comparing the book to the movie adaption the whole time.
I read the book first before seeing the movie and I'm going through and re-reading to to see what they didn't cover in the movie.

The book was better than the movie, though only because there's more hard science and math discussed than in the movie. Movie is amazing in the visuals they showed (see it in 3D if you can, IMAX 3D preferably), though if they did all of the book as a movie, it would have been 3.5-4 hours long.

There's a lot less cursing in the movie than the the book and some stuff is a bit streamlined in the movie, though it gets the spirit of the book very very close. I think it's a must-read for any of the regulars in here.

Loot crate is up for pre-order:

https://www.lootcrate.com/specialty_crates/masseffect-crate

There's a sweatshirt in there, as it asks you about your sweatshirt size when you start the order process.

More info:

https://help.lootcrate.com/hc/en-us/articles/206020146-Mass-Effect-N7-Limited-Edition-Crate

For the link-lazy:

What is the Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crate?

We've partnered with BioWare to create an EPIC crate packed with $150+ worth of rare Mass Effect items (most of which can’t be found ANYWHERE else)! This is a one-time-only crate. You do not need to have a Loot Crate subscription to be able to purchase the Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crate

How much does it cost?

The crate costs $75 USD for domestic shipments and $105 USD for international shipments. This price includes shipping and applicable VAT charges!

How many items are there?

There are 8 items in the crate, all licensed and EXCLUSIVE, including the EXCLUSIVE N7 Armor Stripe Hoodie!

What sizes are offered for the hoodie?

We offer Unisex S through XXXL. You can choose your size at checkout!

When will it ship?

The Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crate will ship in December 2015.

Will the Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crate arrive in time for Christmas?

Yes! The crates will ship out in December and are expected to arrive in time for Christmas. Due to the holidays, some crates will arrive later than others depending on the carrier, weather, etc.

Where will it ship?

The Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crate will ship anywhere Loot Crates are currently shipped! Full list of countries we ship to is available here: lootcrate.com/international

Can I pay with PayPal?

Yes! We accept most major credit cards and Paypal. Here is a list of accepted payment methods: http://loot.cr/payment

How many crates are available?

We have a limited supply of Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crates and recommend getting yours as soon as possible. This is a one-time-only offering so once they’re sold out, they’re gone!

How do I get the Mass Effect N7 Limited Edition Crate?

Head to lootcrate.com/masseffect at 12pm PT on Monday, November 2nd!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I really want to pick this up...anyone else here getting it? $75 just seems a bit high for me.
I bit on it, like the weak fool that I am.

N7 Day is upon us! http://blog.bioware.com/2015/11/02/n7-day-is-almost-here/

Not much this year though other than Bioware store sale.

Thanks for the heads up on the Loot Crate, just saw my email on that.

Order Confirmed!
I'm pretty sure, in this case, sweatshirt = hoodie.
Oh, there is one:

How many items are there?
There are 8 items in the crate, all licensed and EXCLUSIVE, including the EXCLUSIVE N7 Armor Stripe Hoodie!

Decided to spring for the ME Crate... Never done Loot Crate before so this should be fun. Seems like those hoodies run pretty large judging by the measurements they showed. I went for a Medium but I can just never be sure with that kind of stuff unless I'm actually trying it on. Hope it fits!

Decided to spring for the ME Crate... Never done Loot Crate before so this should be fun. Seems like those hoodies run pretty large judging by the measurements they showed. I went for a Medium but I can just never be sure with that kind of stuff unless I'm actually trying it on. Hope it fits!
Good to know I'm not the only one making that plunge.

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/11/02/n7-day-is-almost-here/

"we won’t have any major announcements for Mass Effect: Andromeda this N7 Day"

:(
Well, that's a bit of a buzzkill.

Damn it, you all pushed me over the edge into ordering the crate too ;)
Weak. :shame:

This N7 tech jacket looks pretty nice:

http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/n7-tech-jacket.html

I can't decide on the loot crate or the jacket now.

Since that mentioned armor stripe in the description, it might be the one in the Loot Crate. :pray:

Muhahahaha, come to the dark side, we have N7 merch. Lol
That's how you do it. :whistle2:$

And this is why I'm keeping my head down, playing Destiny and fondly remembering how much I love ME 1,2 and 3. I'll probably replay 3 next year, maybe late winter. I just don't want another reel showing developers developing.
I just remembered I never finished Citadel. :(

Hey since I'm still up, Happy N7 Day everyone!

mass-effect.jpg

Yeah starting a new playthrough for today using the Genesis 2 motion comic interaction thing, got it when it was on sale last time lol.

Found this while browsing google images.

mass_effect_3__a_night_on_the_citadel_by_lootra-d56wcwx.jpg

Genesis 2 motion comic for ME3 isn't on sale for some odd reason. Genesis 1 for ME2 is.

Avatar items aren't on sale either, though it would make sense for a sale on everything since it's N7 day.
Dang, I didn't even think of the avatar stuff. Although, I've already bought quite a lot of that already. Too bad, I would've picked up the rest.

Too bad the new stuff at the biowarestore this week wasn't more interesting. I still haven't sprung for the loot crate either. I was considering it but we're building a new house and my wife, who is always super enabling with my game and hobby related insanity, just said "look at the list of options we want...." and I hung my head realizing I need to save our money, ha ha!

goosebumps_2443265b.jpg

Ugh.....they got me.  Those bastards at Bioware got me.  They showed us nothing and I still melted like a stick of butter on the pavement on a hot summer day. 

Also, this is kind of interesting.  All irresponsible speculation, but still interesting. 

zAl5j8y.jpg

Also, link to more info and discussion:  https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/3c9rhj/

That was pretty great but I'm a sticker sucker (damn auto correct) with our space history and Sci-Fi.

As I'm playing my ruthless playthrough on Insanity, I can tell you man I'm rusty.

ExplorersWanted-01.png

The Mass Effect site has some updated stuff, not much but nice none the less.

http://www.masseffect.com/

That timeline chart was some awesome work, if that's how it's going to play out for the parallel items between ME1-3 and ME: A.

That timeline chart was some awesome work, if that's how it's going to play out for the parallel items between ME1-3 and ME: A.
I don't know where it came from, but that's the scenario that I've been expecting or hoping for. It starts us off with the familiar and gives us a nice send off where the weight of the situation can be felt. As well as the weight/hopelessness of being stranded and not knowing what happened in the Milky Way. I'm totally down with this.

I don't know where it came from, but that's the scenario that I've been expecting or hoping for. It starts us off with the familiar and gives us a nice send off where the weight of the situation can be felt. As well as the weight/hopelessness of being stranded and not knowing what happened in the Milky Way. I'm totally down with this.
Makes me think that what we'll see in ME: A for tech is likely to be what we saw in ME 3, since that's when they all bugged out through to Andromeda. Likely with other stuff they've found along the way as well, though it should be a nice mix of the old with the new that we've not seen before.

Anyone else planning to make a female Fallout character tomorrow and name her Jack? ;)
I named her Casey but yeah I decided to play as a female.

Of course the first suit of armor (what stays under your various limb armors) I found that was better than the Vault suit is Groknar or whatever it's called barbarian loincloth outfit (modified by Bethesda of course since I'm playing a female.)

Got a processing email for my Mass Effect Loot Crate! Then read it will be here in 10-14 days. ...well shit.

Ahhhhh, uhhhh...

Got a processing email for my Mass Effect Loot Crate! Then read it will be here in 10-14 days. ...well shit. Ahhhhh, uhhhh...
Ditto here. Received my shipping notice, though I think it'll be less than 10-14 days for it to arrive.

From the tracking #, I'd assume FedEx SurePost, so it'll be FedEx to local area, then USPS to deliver. Coming from CA, plus FedEx doesn't have it yet, so hopefully tomorrow. If so, I'll be expecting around the middle of next week.

Pictures in spoiler!

N7 sweatshirt

N7 and Paragon/Renegade socks (how did they know I love socks)

Mass Effect Redemption comic book

Volus plush toy

Datapad notebook

Afterlife and N7 shotglasses (really freaking cool looking)

N7 car decal

N7 backpack

I am so happy!

23646283122_f347027dbe_o.jpg

23646290832_abc99d03ec_o.jpg

bread's done
Back